PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Scott Sattler

DeeGan
06-10-05, 10:49 PM
Q&A with Scott Sattler

Scotty Sattler has come to the party answering some questions posed to him from our members a week or so ago. After finalising his Grand Final committments last week, the man that made "THAT" tackle took the time to get these back to me this afternoon.

Screen-name: Dakink
Question for: Scott Sattler
Question is: Is there a particular ethos in mind when selecting players to be signed? With signings like Bailey and Laffranchi there seems to be a concerted effort towards players with highwork rates and effort as well a positive image off the park. How important is the public image of the players?

Very important. We have said all along that we will sign the person before the player. We will look at balance on the field also, high work rates with a few power footballers blended in. Youth will be littered with experience.

Screen-name: Teegy
Question for: Scott Sattler
Question is: Who is the Titans Main Target to sign from Next Years off-contract players?

There will be a few key positions we will target. Half back will be a position we will concentrate heavily on, Finch, Prince, Cooper Cronk all come off in 2007 we will entertain every key player. Don?t want to give too much away.

Screen-name: Moejoe
Question for: Scott sattler
Question is: You guys have signed well thus far and are looking pretty strong on paper, But what are the chances that we will see some young talent Blooded in the 2007 season?

There will be a couple of players you will see in first grade that are of a young age. We have signed a young 5/8th by the name of Chris Sandow, he is at present finishing his schooling in Logan area. He will play first grade in 2007 I believe, a very special talent.

On screen name; LittlePommieTitan
Question for; Scott Sattler
Question; I see you've recruited Brian Carney some time back, many people say British players haven't got what it takes to cut it out in the NRL, might we still see other English Super League players signed up before 2007?

He will handle the NRL fine. He is at present one of the best wingers in the world, heavily endorsed by Joey Johns and Matty Johns. You guys will love him.

Thanks for your time Scott.

That concludes the Q&A session for the moment, this will again be revisited in early 2006 so get those questions ready ;)

As you have all seen, we have an off-field time willing to be take time out to interact the most important comodity the Gold Coast Titans have, the fans. It is in one word: AWESOME.

Keep an eye out for a 'Titans Gathering' as we near closer to the pre-season trials in 2006 (more details in the Titanium Bar).

Cheers

DeeGan

Super Cronk
06-10-05, 10:54 PM
Very impressed with how fast they got back.

ps: stay away from cronk!!! lol

Dakink
07-10-05, 01:15 PM
Awesome - looks Preston is going to be no.7

Steve Dangerous
11-10-05, 03:42 PM
Awesome - looks Preston is going to be no.7

I was thinking he wouldn't be, as scotty said they're focusing heavily on signing a halfback next season. i'd guess preston would play 6 or 1.

Teegy
11-10-05, 03:43 PM
I was thinking he wouldn't be, as scotty said they're focusing heavily on signing a halfback next season. i'd guess preston would play 6 or 1.

Also said that

We have signed a young 5/8th by the name of Chris Sandow, he is at present finishing his schooling in Logan area. He will play first grade in 2007 I believe, a very special talent.

Steve Dangerous
11-10-05, 04:25 PM
Preston at 1 then...? Or perhaps the young kid off the bench as he eases his way into the big time.

Teegy
11-10-05, 05:11 PM
Preston won the Dally M at Halfback

Steve Dangerous
11-10-05, 05:29 PM
well i assume sattler wouldn't say their top priority was halfback if they were planning on having preston there. he can play anywhere, but if they're looking on having a player as good as prince bought then he won't be at halfback.

Dakink
11-10-05, 06:39 PM
My bad - Took the question after to literally.

DeeGan
11-10-05, 11:09 PM
If Preston Campbell is chosen as fullback, I will run onto the field halftime of our first game in my birthday suit ;)

If anyone saw Presto as fullback for Chris Anderson whilst at Cronulla they will agree that Campbell is no chance of playing in the Titans number 1 jersey.

Preston Campbell is our five-eight OR halfback if we are not able to secure an established number to partner him in the halves.

Cheers

DeeGan

Rabbitohs_Fan2005
16-10-05, 10:30 AM
If Presto plays fullback that would be crap because he is a natural half...Plus he aint a great tackler and they need a good tackler as fullback if they want to win...

titans_fanatic
23-10-05, 04:38 PM
If Presto plays fullback that would be crap because he is a natural half...Plus he aint a great tackler and they need a good tackler as fullback if they want to win...

he will definatly be 5-8 or halfback noway would he be full back

jenny
19-07-07, 09:16 PM
DID DEEGAN EVER FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THIS????????? :duh: :laugh: :laugh:

If Preston Campbell is chosen as fullback, I will run onto the field halftime of our first game in my birthday suit

If anyone saw Presto as fullback for Chris Anderson whilst at Cronulla they will agree that Campbell is no chance of playing in the Titans number 1 jersey.

Preston Campbell is our five-eight OR halfback if we are not able to secure an established number to partner him in the halves.:laugh: :laugh: :drinkies:

Cheers

DeeGan

Round 1
Gold Coast Titans 18 l. St.George-Illawarra Dragons 20
Teams, articles and other match information.

Rugby League Match Summary Rugby League
2007 NRL Telstra Premiership
Index [Table] [Draw] [Player Stats] [Club Headlines]
Competition: NRL Telstra Premiership

Round 1 - Mar 16-19 - Index [Teams & Predictions] [Matches Review]

Match Status: Completed
Sun March 18 2007, 3:00PM AEST GMT+10
[Sun March 18 2007, 4:00PM AEDT GMT+11]
[Sun March 18 2007, 5:00AM GMT]
GOLD COAST TITANS 18
Tries (3): Chris Walker 2, Jake Webster
Goals (3): Chris Walker (3 from 3)

ST.GEORGE-ILLAWARRA DRAGONS 20
Tries (3): Richard Williams 2, Keith Lulia
Goals (4): Wes Naiqama (4 from 4)

Venue: Suncorp Stadium, Castlemaine Street, Milton, Brisbane (QLD)
Crowd: 42,030
Referee: Shayne Hayne
Halftime score: 6-all

Other Match Information:
8th - Try: WALKER, Chris [Gold Coast Titans 4-0]
9th - Conversion: WALKER, Chris [Gold Coast Titans 6-0]
23rd - Try: WILLIAMS, Richard [Gold Coast Titans 6-4]
24th - Conversion: NAIQAMA, Wes [6 all]
45th - Penalty Goal: NAIQAMA, Wes [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 8-6]
49th - Try: WILLIAMS, Richard [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 12-6]
50th - Conversion: NAIQAMA, Wes [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 14-6]
51st - Try: LULIA, Keith [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 18-6]
52nd - Conversion: NAIQAMA, Wes [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 20-6]
55th - Try: WALKER, Chris [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 20-10]
56th - Conversion: WALKER, Chris [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 20-12]
65th - Try: WEBSTER, Jake [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 20-16]
66th - Conversion: WALKER, Chris [St.George-Illawarra Dragons 20-18]

Gold Coast Titans:
1. Preston Campbell :woot: :woot: :woot: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:
2. Lelea Paea
3. Mat Rogers
4. Jake Webster
5. Chris Walker
6. Matt Hilder
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Clint Amos
10. Kris Kahler
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Luke Swain
Subs:
14. Michael Henderson
15. James Stosic
16. Mark Minichiello

squirrell
20-07-07, 09:07 AM
Hee hee...good pick up jenny!!!!! he will be cringing inside the blade suit now,some good calls about fullback from back in 20005 though.

jenny
20-07-07, 09:56 AM
Hee hee...good pick up jenny!!!!! he will be cringing inside the blade suit now,some good calls about fullback from back in 20005 though.

He He He...Funny aye Squirrel :laugh:

dee13
22-07-07, 07:37 PM

Don't insult the guy in the Blade suit. Deegs didn't get a look in with MY suit