27-06-06, 03:43 PM
Bulldogs vs Wests Tigers
Telstra Stadium, Sydney, Sunday 2nd July, 3:00pm

Referee:

Team changes:

Bulldogs

- Matt Utai returns from suspension

- Trent Cutler drops back to Premier League

- Mark O'Meley, Willie Mason and Nate Myles are unavailable due to State of Origin duty

- Chris Armit moves into the starting prop position

- Willie Tonga returns from a hamstring injury

- Sonny Bill Williams moves from the centres to the second row

- Dallas McIlwain returns from injury to the bench

Wests Tigers

- Scott Prince moves to 5/8th for the injured Benji Marshall, with Robbie Farah at Halfback.

- Stuart Flanagan joins the side at Hooker.

- Brett Hodgson is out on SOO Duty.

- Shannon McDonnell replaces Brett Hodgson at Fullback, Shane Elford replaces McDonnell on the wing.

- Jamaal Lolesi moves from Lock back to centre to replace Elford, Ben Galea moves to Lock.

- Todd Payten moves from prop to second row for Galea, Keith Galloway is the new man in the starting side at Prop.

BULLDOGS

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Cameron Phelps
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Chris Armit
9. Tony Grimaldi
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:

14. Daniel Irvine
15. Jarrad Hickey
16. Brad Morrin
17. Dallas McIlwain

WESTS TIGERS

1. Shannon McDonnell
2. Taniela Tuiaki
3. Dean Collis
4. Jamaal Lolesi
5. Shane Elford
6. Scott Prince (c)
7. Robbie Farah
8. Keith Galloway
9. Stuart Flanagan
10. John Skandalis
11. Chris Heighington
12. Todd Payten
13. Ben Galea

Interchange:

14. Bronson Harrison
15. Dene Halatau
16. Sam Harris
17. Ryan O'Hara

*Please use this thread for Spoilers*

Go_The_Doggies
27-06-06, 03:56 PM
looks like a pretty strong team the tigers have named.

look forward to watching this game..look forward to seeing ol dene :D havent seen him in awhile.

Titanium_BD1103
27-06-06, 04:13 PM
Well Wests might have a strong side... but ours is stronger... YAY for Willie, Matt and Dallas all coming back... :D :D

This is a really strong side, we have Willie for speed and Matt for strength in the backline, Bobcat is skippering and Sonny is partnering him and McIllwain can play a good backup player anywhere ATM... oh and of course Hickey aka Luva who is looking like another Mason in the making... ;)

Should be a good game.. :)

Go_The_Doggies
27-06-06, 07:09 PM
Im abit gutted Cutler got dropped, i know Utai is back, but in my opinion..Patten played poorly last weekend..he should be the one in Premier League, not Cutler(who had an outstanding game!!) *waits to be bashed*

Supergoose
27-06-06, 11:16 PM
Interesting response by the Tigers to Marshalls absence. A little similar to the Panthers and Storm who moved Priddis and Smith into halfback when similar episodes struck them earlier in the year. Flannagan must have a huge rap on him. Wonder if they'll stick with this set up when Fitzhenry comes back from injury in a couple of weeks or keep the wingers in 1st grade who have been doing a good job? Dogs side looks good and should get this one.

Souths'n'Titans
28-06-06, 12:24 PM
I like Tuiaka, strong future

Supergoose
28-06-06, 01:44 PM
I find it interesting that in Sportal Dream Team and on NRL.com Tuiaki is listed as a prop yet he has only played wing as far as I know. I am finding it difficult to know his standing in the Tigers outfit. If all are fit will he be in the first 17?

PS. A great Prop to have in you Sportal Dream Team side!

Souths'n'Titans
28-06-06, 03:30 PM
Yeah he was originally a second rower, and he was playing on the bench and they put him on at wing against warriors and he scored one or two tries from memory, and now he starts

Go_The_Doggies
28-06-06, 04:34 PM
I like his name..so cool:)

Supergoose
28-06-06, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a type of kebab

TDoGGBulldog
29-06-06, 12:08 AM
strong bulldogs side...

were starting to get some real depth....

but when origin is over i dont know what were going to do with all the players.... who to drop?

Souths'n'Titans
29-06-06, 09:22 AM
Atleast SBW is playing his correct position now

Kallan
29-06-06, 11:42 AM
This is a hard one to choose, the Tigers have a strong team even without Benji so do the Bulldogs without their origin players.
I will go with the Bulldogs in a close one.

Steelers
29-06-06, 11:46 AM
50/50 coin flip for me........

Heads - Tigers
Tails - Bulldogs

It is Heads

GO TIGERS! :lol!:

Souths'n'Titans
29-06-06, 03:50 PM
Tigers record isnt too flash without Benji so Bulldogs for now

Titanium_BD1103
03-07-06, 10:18 AM
What can we say about this game but.... WATCH OUT NRL... THE BULLDOGS ARE COMING AND THEY ARE COMING TO GET EVERYONE.... :D :D

I can only say I was highly highly impressed and very happy after that performance... we didn't make an error for 60 mins in that game and defended like a true team of champions... :)

I was extremely impressed by Jarred Hickey and so glad to see the Bulldogs production line keep rolling on, forget Asotasi and Myles, as much as we want to keep them, they are gone, but once again there is no fear when you look at who is coming up.... Hickey reminds me of Willie M, and that is something you should all fear, imagine 2 Willie Mason type players for the Bulldogs in 2007... ;)

The side looked dangerous everytime it touched the ball, and whilst perhaps it was over exaggerated by the poor options of the Tigers and Scott Prince having a very very bad day, it was still ominous IMO.

Sad to see Utai coathanger a player like that, and glad to see he got sent off, as it was really the only option, he will get 4-5wks for that IMO, oh well, at least Trent has plenty of game time and is ready to step up to fill the hole.

It is great to see such depth and the ability the team had to dispose of the Tigers without Mason, O'Meley and Myles... SBW was back to his best and so dangerous... I loved how he was flicking passes out the back to support, it was just a joy to see him back to his best and enjoying the game once more... :D :D

Overall a very pleased Doggies fan after that performance, and its onto the Warriors next, who will be tough considering they have won 4 in a row now.... ;)

Supergoose
03-07-06, 10:45 AM
How certain are you BDT_311 that Cutler will be the replacement? With Tonga back and the SOO forwards all returning is there any chance that SBW return to the centres pushing Phelps to the wing?

Go_The_Doggies
03-07-06, 10:48 AM
What a great game!! :D..we steamrolled over them (for the second time this year :D)

I also think Cutler will come into the side with Utai most probably being suspended. Which im not complaining..i like Cuts, think he's great for the future (providing we re-sign him).

Titanium_BD1103
03-07-06, 10:53 AM
Yep Supergoose... I am sure that SBW may be moved back to the centres, but I don't think we will see Phelps on the wing.... wouldn't surprise me if we did, but Cutler has impressed all and sunder with his efforts bar the unlucky incident against Melbourne and only was dropped as Utai came back.... he should be back come next sunday and ready to show his wares again, with Phelps unluckily either back to the bench or off to PL... :(

And Kimmy, I 100% agree, SIGN TRENT CUTLER NOW BULLDOGS, HE IS A BULLDOGS PLAYER and he has blue and white running right through, Stan was an immortal of the Bulldogs team, and we can't lose Trent, it would be a real shame if we did.

Geez I love having depth... it is great when we can drop players who could play first grade elsewhere and have so many options, it is a great plus for a team.... :D :D

Manly Boy
03-07-06, 04:02 PM
This was a pretty poor effort by the tigers and an ok game by the bulldogs...Too bad Utai got sent off other wise it would of been a brilliant game for the Doddies...

Titanium_BD1103
03-07-06, 05:27 PM
Sad to see Utai coathanger a player like that, and glad to see he got sent off, as it was really the only option, he will get 4-5wks for that IMO, oh well, at least Trent has plenty of game time and is ready to step up to fill the hole.

And what do you know.. 5 weeks it is... :laugh:... Not good for Utai though, but I guess it was really the only option.. :(.... Oh and Hickey could be out next week... he is going so well... then again he would most probably have been playing PL this week anyway.. ;) :(

Utai faces lengthy suspension
July 3, 2006

BULLDOGS winger Matt Utai is facing a lengthy stint on the sidelines after being charged with a grade-two careless high tackle during his side's 32-10 victory over Wests Tigers yesterday.

Utai became the first player sent off in 270 matches when referee Paul Simpkins gave him his marching orders for a 55th-minute high shot on rookie Tigers hooker Stuart Flanagan.

The New Zealand flanker faces a five-match ban if he enters an early guilty plea and will be sidelined for seven matches if he unsuccessfully contests the charge.

Bulldogs teammate Jarrad Hickey will be suspended for one match unless he beats a grade one careless high tackle charge for his 36th-minute hit, also on the luckless Flanagan.

Brisbane Broncos rookie Joel Moon has been charged with contrary conduct after allegations he stomped on Sharks captain Brett Kimmorley in yesterday's match. He will escape suspension with an early guilty plea.

Broncos teammate Casey McGuire was charged with a grade-two striking charge and will be sidelined for a week with an early guilty plea or a fortnight if he unsuccessfully contests the charge.

Eel 33
04-07-06, 03:41 PM
Ouch, that scoreline!!!