PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Walters moves to the Ipswich Jets, Next stop Titans?

Queenslander
18-06-06, 09:38 AM
It has been reported in the Sunday Mail that Kevin Walters has been approached by the Ipswich Jets to replace Trevor Gillimiester as head coach. This could eventually pave the way for Kevie returning back into a NRL coaching role.

It is understood by the Sunday Mail that if Walters was appointed by Ipswich, it would be warmly welcomed on the Gold Coast. However the Titans would not interfere in the Jets interviewing process.

DIEHARD
18-06-06, 07:06 PM
I would love this to happen as Kevin Walters is my all time favourite player.

DeeGan
18-06-06, 07:10 PM
It has been reported in the Sunday Mail that Kevin Walters has been approached by the Ipswich Jets to replace Trevor Gillimiester as head coach. This could eventually pave the way for Kevie returning back into a NRL coaching role.

It is understood by the Sunday Mail that if Walters was appointed by Ipswich, it would be warmly welcomed on the Gold Coast. However the Titans would not interfere in the Jets interviewing process.

Only good news for the Titans as Kevvie would be available to the coaching staff as another knowledgable footballing brain at the exposal of John Cartwright. This can only be positive news for us and the Jets.

Hoppy2007Dragons
18-06-06, 07:55 PM
Is it just me but i read in the courier mail a couple months ago that the Dragons had signed Walters as a memebr of the coaching staff and that he was looking forward to his new posting, it was a whole two pages in the paper with a title behind enemy lines or something so it seemed pretty credible even for the courier mail.

I'm positive it was walters.

Supergoose
19-06-06, 10:26 PM
The Dragons and Brown head-hunted Walters but he didn't want to move his family for a part-time role and no guarantees for next year. Great to have a coach of his callibre at one of the feeder clubs!

Hoppy2007Dragons
20-06-06, 08:03 PM
Thanks supergoose, i was just all confused, but i'm glad the titans can hopefully get their hands on a wonderfull coaching member.

Fampa
02-07-06, 07:24 PM
So how many feeder teams will the Titans have in the Q Cup?

Queenslander
02-07-06, 07:26 PM
So how many feeder teams will the Titans have in the Q Cup?

3 feeder clubs: The Ipswich Jets, Burleigh Bears and Tweed Heads Seagulls

Queenslander
06-08-06, 03:27 PM
It is confirmed in today's Sunday Mail that Kevin Walters will be the Ipswich Jets coach next year.

DIEHARD
06-08-06, 04:05 PM
It is confirmed in today's Sunday Mail that Kevin Walters will be the Ipswich Jets coach next year.

Fantastic news. He is pretty much part of the extended Titans family then.

WOOHOO!

Darren Lockyer
06-08-06, 04:32 PM
Fantastic news. He is pretty much part of the extended Titans family then.

WOOHOO!
That is good news for them

titansroostersfan
07-08-06, 08:14 PM
Great to here kevin has sign for that position. He was left behind as usual by the broncos.

Queenslander
08-08-06, 09:50 AM
In the Courier Mail today: Darren Smith has been appointed as asssitant coach to Kevin Walters at the Jets. Even better news for the Titans. Perhaps a Smith may play for the Titans afterall ;)

Ipswich Jets have appointed former Test and State of Origin star Darren Smith assistant coach to Kevin Walters for the 2007 Queensland Wizard Cup season.

Walters was appointed Jets coach last Friday, replacing Trevor Gillmeister who will join Gold Coast Titans next year. The Jets will be a feeder club for the Titans.

titansroostersfan
08-08-06, 01:12 PM
Do those smith brothers ever hang up the boots

lonegull
08-08-06, 02:10 PM
i cant see darren playing he has retired he will be there only as a non playing assistant coach but you never no he might get the urge to pulll on the boots again