View Full Version : Titans: Signing rumours

DeeGan
18-06-06, 08:53 AM
Update on possible Titans signings:

- Jake Webster (likely)
- Stever Turner (matter of time)
- Antonio Kafusi (possible)
- Michael Devere (possible)
- Willie Tonga (unlikely - most likely to Cowboys)
- Michael Henderson (possible)
- Nate Myles (possible)
- Craig Fitzgibbon (unlikely - depends on talks with Roosters tomorrow, they knocked back his two year contract, he is looking at one year. Loss of Morley and Cross should see him stay at Bondi)
- Justin Poore (possible)

The above are the opinions of myself only.

Post more rumoured Gold Coast Titans signings here as it will make it easier to track. The other Gold Coast team thread should be used from this point on to discuss those who have signed with the team.

Luke
18-06-06, 11:54 AM
- Todd Lowrie (Possible)

The Original Idiot
18-06-06, 12:05 PM
I've heard David Seage's name being thrown around.

novacastrian_panther
18-06-06, 12:11 PM
so have i

DeeGan
18-06-06, 02:01 PM
David Seage, really?

I would not go anywhere near him - he spends far too much time off the field.

PuP23
18-06-06, 05:04 PM
Josh Hannay - possible

patskE
18-06-06, 05:24 PM
jamie lyon - tell him his dreaming

king titen
18-06-06, 07:25 PM
jake webster(storm) has said he is coming to the titans

TitanBronco
18-06-06, 07:35 PM

Yer he's injury prone for sure.

maroon man
19-06-06, 07:58 AM
I'm tellin' ya now.....Webster and Turner will be at the Titans

patskE
19-06-06, 08:15 AM
papers are saying webster is already at the titans
and that melborune chance of keeping tuner are slim
as he was offered the fullback spot

The Original Idiot
19-06-06, 04:31 PM
Heard a whisper about eddie harrison, plays for Tweed Seagulls.

patskE
19-06-06, 06:32 PM
yeh my m8 who is a keen footy fan said GC are after lance thompson

Titanium_BD1103
19-06-06, 06:33 PM
Um didn't Lance sign for 2 years with the Sharks... ;)

He is very happy there and I doubt he will leave...but expect this to occur, as Deegan has said numerous time, every Tom, Dick and Harry of a player will be connected to the GC in 2007... ;)

Teegy
19-06-06, 06:35 PM
i can say that the Thommo rumor is 90% false. i got a mate tied up in the game in that area. and BdT 311 he only signed a 1 yr deal

Titanium_BD1103
19-06-06, 06:37 PM
Oh ok... thanks for that Teegy.. :)

I reckon he will re-sign with the Sharks then, he is playing his best football of his career over at the Shire and he looks really happy, I'd be mighty surprised if he isn't re-signed with the Sharks... :)

Teegy
19-06-06, 06:40 PM
the rumor came about that Thommo didn't like the 1st offer. and to help add some money to it someone started the rumor

Supergoose
19-06-06, 11:05 PM
Oh ok... thanks for that Teegy.. :)

I reckon he will re-sign with the Sharks then, he is playing his best football of his career over at the Shire and he looks really happy, I'd be mighty surprised if he isn't re-signed with the Sharks... :)

Biggest mail is that Thompson will go to Souths where his good mate Anthony Mundine is on the part time training staff and old mates Peachey and Vagana will or have signed. I don't think the Sharks are offerring him what he wants.

Kallan
19-06-06, 11:07 PM
Biggest mail is that Thompson will go to Souths where his good mate Anthony Mundine is on the part time training staff and old mates Peachey and Vagana will or have signed. I don't think the Sharks are offerring him what he wants.

Yeah i heard he was most likely headed to souths aswell.

Diehard Titan Fan
28-06-06, 11:15 AM
Lance has re-signed with the Sharks for three years, which is a pity. He would have been a good leader in the forwards for the Titans.

Darren Lockyer
28-06-06, 11:29 AM
same with Craig Fitzgibbon he resigned with the roosters. He is also getting old. He also got into a fight with Brett Finch on sunday and if that happened at the titans than we would be screwed

Chaos
29-06-06, 08:54 PM
I'm glad the Roosters have signed Fitzgibbon...I didn't want the Titans to sign the old hag.

dan the man
29-06-06, 11:59 PM
i THINK U FIND FITZY IS NOT THAT OLD... HE IS ONLY AROUND 28...WHICH IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLDER THAN LIKES OF SCOTT PRINCE AND ERIC GROTHE... HOWEVER LANCEY IS 28 AND LOOKS 50

Chaos
03-07-06, 07:23 PM
i THINK U FIND FITZY IS NOT THAT OLD... HE IS ONLY AROUND 28...WHICH IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLDER THAN LIKES OF SCOTT PRINCE AND ERIC GROTHE... HOWEVER LANCEY IS 28 AND LOOKS 50

I'm referring to his physical capabilities...he's done more tackles in one year, then someone like Fittler would do in his whole career.
His body has paid the price and he looks to be slowing down.

novacastrian_panther
04-07-06, 01:27 PM
Fitzgibbon isn't that good anymore.

Kingytek
05-07-06, 07:41 AM
Can we arrange a list of players yet to be signed for 2007 and beyond....?

lonegull
05-07-06, 07:56 AM
Can we arrange a list of players yet to be signed for 2007 and beyond....?

great idea

Teegy
05-07-06, 08:32 AM
i have

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=3843

DeeGan
09-07-06, 03:34 PM
Gavin Cooper is rumoured to be just about 'a done deal', let's hope so, I think he would be a fantastic signing for the club. A versatile youngster with plenty of promise.

The Brett Delaney to Titans rumour is also gathering momentum ...

Two fantastic young signings who could be in the Titans jersey for the next decade :D

dalla fan
10-07-06, 11:48 AM
What about Mark Dalle Cort. Presently playing good football for Young Guns and having just represented the Queensland residents Mark is a true Coasty having attended Robina State School, Merimac State High, Marymount High and Palm Beach Currumbin.Mark played his junior football as a Burleigh Bear before signing with St George and then the Cowboys. Besides being a great player Mark would be a great asset to the club outside of football. What many people are not aware of is his affinity with children having worked as a swim teacher at his family swim school the Robina Aquatic Centre and his enjoyment of teaching rugby league . Mark would do the titans proud both on and off the field.

Titan_Matchu
10-07-06, 02:49 PM
wow he would be a great pick up a true gold coaster.

Chelle
12-07-06, 08:53 AM
:clap: IM PUTTING MONEY ON BRETT DELANEY TO BE THE NEXT SIGNING. HE IS A GUN. HE'D BE AN ASSETT TO THE TEAM :clap:

Hoppy2007Dragons
12-07-06, 11:25 AM
I think Delany is as good as signed.

dan the man
12-07-06, 12:51 PM
:clap: the announcement should only be hours away.

the best thing is this kid can move into the back row later into his career.. can play lock now and 5/8... a utility

Chelle
12-07-06, 01:29 PM
Well lets wait and see.. Good luck to Brett!!!

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 01:34 PM
come on titans :win:

lonegull
13-07-06, 08:22 AM
heard a whisper that James Stosic from cronulaa could be headed to the titans this would be a major coup because he is one of the brightest talents going around

Titanium_BD1103
13-07-06, 09:22 AM
You'd be right there Lonegull.... there is an article in the Telegraph about it... :)

Full Details available at: http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?p=71543#post71543

And in another boost to the Titans' impressive build-up as the NRL's 16th team next season, Sharks prop James Stosic also appears set to join the club.

If it does happen though, it will mean the end of chasing Nate Myles... if that hasn't happened already for the Titans... as there would definitely be no money left...

novacastrian_panther
13-07-06, 05:13 PM
I think that they would have around $500k left at the least.

Darren Lockyer
14-07-06, 11:22 AM
I think that they would have around $500k left at the least.
around that. Sign Nate for $250 000 then sign the rest of the 25 with whats ever lft over

RayRay
19-07-06, 11:26 AM
Word on the street is that Rhys Hanbury from the Bunnies is being chased as a backup to Presto and Princey as Sandow is still a year or 2 away from playing A grade!

lonegull
19-07-06, 11:48 AM
yeah this story popped up ages ago on the forum but havent heard much since

RayRay
19-07-06, 02:42 PM
yeah this story popped up ages ago on the forum but havent heard much since

what do you think would take him? or chase someone else instead?

lonegull
19-07-06, 03:06 PM
what do you think would take him? or chase someone else instead?

depend on what johnie cartwright plans are wouldnt have a clue what they have in place

patskE
28-07-06, 05:56 PM
hasnt been a signing 4 a bit
who u rkn is next?

Betty
28-07-06, 10:19 PM
I heard a rumour that Jamaal Lolesi from west tigers has signed already... can anyone tell me otherwise... or is he our winger thats missing?

DeeGan
28-07-06, 10:24 PM
Word on the street is that Rhys Hanbury from the Bunnies is being chased as a backup to Presto and Princey as Sandow is still a year or 2 away from playing A grade!

Chris Sandow is going to be nipping at the heels of the incumbents from 2007. I have seen enough from this kid so far to put him in the 'if you're good enough, you're old enough' catergory. I think Carty and co. are very happy his continued developement.

Rhys Hanbury has been linked to use before - I guess if was going to be signed, we would of done so now as he is kinda' loitering in the lower grades at Redfern.

Jamaal Lolesi's deal with the Tigers ends at the end of 2007 from memory at the earliest, perhaps even end of 2008. He is not a Titan.

Kingytek
31-07-06, 08:00 AM
Missing Winger?
Alright guys, who took Carney and Petersen?
If you see these two players please return to Gold Coast Titans by November. Thank you, no reward offered....

qld rebel
01-08-06, 09:20 PM
with all these possible signings and the juniors the clubs got coming through, i must say the titans will be a very strong team as well as a very strong club and should give other teams in the NRL a good shake come 2007.. all the best :clap:

lonegull
02-08-06, 08:08 AM
I heard Chris Walkers name being floated around as a possible recruit, gee i hope this is not right, dont go much on walker and his attitude for the game, i hope he doesnt come to the titans

Titanium_BD1103
02-08-06, 09:48 AM
He won't come to the Gold Coast...

Walker was released so he could move to Sydney and be closer to Girlfriend Kate Richie...

It will either be Newcastle or Wests Tigers who could get his services... ;)

HOWEVER... The Bulldogs are said to be signing an experienced NRL player probably today or over the next couple of days... here's hoping it ain't problem child... but if it is... he will provide us with good speed... ;)

I doubt it very much though that Chris Walker will go to the Titans, but he will give useful speed if he does.. :)

Saint_Titan
02-08-06, 09:54 AM
I remember reading an article earlier on in the year about Titans recruits and how they were going to steer clear of "trouble-makers" ect...fortunately I don't think we will be looking too deep into Chris Walker.

Darren Lockyer
02-08-06, 03:42 PM
Yeah he was released because he wanted to go back to sydney

Titanium_BD1103
02-08-06, 05:56 PM
Well it will be either Wests Tigers or Newcastle Knights it seems now.... ;)

The Bulldogs were going to sign him, and all the Bulldogs fans were expecting it to be announced today... but after some reconsideration with the recruitment staff who talked to him, they decided against it... and I am happy with that... :D :D

From Utai Slam aka. Aaron from the Bulldogs, posted at http://www.thekennel.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=21596&page=7&pp=15

Chris Walker definite no at the Bulldogs.

Recruitment committee gave him the thumbs down.

lonegull
03-08-06, 08:04 AM
watched replay of the young guns yesterday on fox gee clint amos imprssed me he has a great alround game

Social Loafer
04-09-06, 07:28 PM
New Rumour: Kris Kahler...

bigjim
13-09-06, 12:04 AM
:radio: Just heard it on the news. They called it breaking news that Matt Rogers will be playing for the Titans. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have heard this rumour before now, but this is the first time I've heard it reported on the news. Apart from a few injury concerns, would be a real bonus for the team.

I'll drink to that:beer:

Saint_Titan
26-09-06, 11:33 PM
Rumour floating around St George forums that Timmins may be heading up to Titans on 1 year contract after Castleford were relegated from ESL...

Steelers
26-09-06, 11:35 PM
Wouldn't be a bad signing IMO (bias? LOL), it would be great to have a Steelers connection at the GC IMO (bias again? :laugh:), who knows, they might become my number 1 team for a year? :p

PROMETHEUS
27-09-06, 11:54 PM
I doubt timmins could handle the torture routine devised by Billy the boxer.. :dizzy:

.Stormer.
28-09-06, 01:05 AM
Are we getting Turner back?

PROMETHEUS
01-10-06, 12:15 AM
If you mean "we" as in Titans,we never "lost" him.
If you mean storm then maybe...in 3 years time. :mad:

Poida
01-10-06, 12:21 AM
If you mean "we" as in Titans,we never "lost" him.
If you mean storm then maybe...in 3 years time. :mad:
so turner will he be playing for titans or storm still?

PROMETHEUS
01-10-06, 08:42 AM
No,he will either be playing for Titans for at least 3 years or he will be sitting on the sidelines for 3 years. ;)

Titans4UK
02-10-06, 01:18 AM
Well over here in the UK they've been loads of guys linked with the Titans:

David Solomona (Wakefield Wildcats)
Ian Henderson (Bradford Bulls)
Ade Gardner (St Helens)
Gareth Ellis (Leeds Rhinos)
Thomas Bosc (Catalans Dragons)

Hope that helps! :peace:

PROMETHEUS
02-10-06, 07:27 PM
Yeah all good for squad depth only im afraid :roll:

Titans4UK
03-10-06, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure if you know much about the Super League, those guys are some of the best players in our league! :emp:

PROMETHEUS
03-10-06, 05:14 PM
Yeah ive seen the "standard"...as i said,depth! :)

Luke
07-10-06, 06:24 PM
Stacey Katu (Balmain PL)

Darren Lockyer
07-10-06, 06:42 PM
i hope we get ade garderner as he is a good player

Titans4UK
08-10-06, 12:43 AM
Yeah all season he's been on fire! :whatd: if the Titans get him he's sure to be a starter! :D

Crouching_Tiger
06-11-06, 11:54 PM
You have an awesome buy in Stacey Katu who was our Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Premier League number 10 prop and captain of the side. I would assume he will be on the verge to breaking into 1st grade before the end of the 2007 season. Another massive loss for us and a great gain for you guys :(

Sorry about the blurry pic but thats the only one i have of him for yas (number 10).

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/546/rimg1093co1.th.jpg (http://img435.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rimg1093co1.jpg)

ozynorts
06-12-06, 08:42 PM
The rumour is that O'Mealey is not happy at the bulldogs and may look to go elsewhere next year. He would be a good buy to partner up with bull in the front row.

Future Star
06-12-06, 09:03 PM
The rumour is that O'Mealey is not happy at the bulldogs and may look to go elsewhere next year. He would be a good buy to partner up with bull in the front row.

the rumour is that he wants to play where Stuart coaches, and unlikey buy.

Ryan
07-12-06, 07:37 PM
Thats what I heard, I think the sharks chief is interested in him anyway for 2008. Plus the Bulldogs budget will be tight trying to keep Haz, SBW, Willie and shrek. Could the Titans afford him anyway? Surley with the signings we got now there can't be too much room left for another top dollar player?

mb63
07-12-06, 07:52 PM
And comes with a very hefty price tag.

ozynorts
07-12-06, 08:52 PM
may be a hefty price tag but would he be worth the money???

Kingytek
07-12-06, 10:10 PM

Your wrong, he is happy at the bulldogs but has descided to put his family before his loyalty to the club. His next contract will be all about money which he has stated several times previously. The money will be to set him and his family up for life after football.

Supergoose
24-12-06, 04:13 PM
Latest news from the land of the long white cloud is that the Titans will offer embattled NZ lock forward Sione Faumuina an incentive based contract. Apparently his folks live on the coast. Now he'd be a creative force in the pack - especially if his off-field behaviour is curbed. So much for the Titans sigining the man not the player. Still I'm a for on this one. Sione's one of my favourite players the way he offloads at every opportunity.

Source - NZHerald.co.nz

bigjim
27-12-06, 02:12 PM
:hi: Now I know this is probably old news, but I've been away on holiday and found it strange not to read any discussion on the Rogers situation.
So I thought I might as well ask the question.
Has there been any negotiations or has Matty been left for a while to consider his options for 2007, as I think I may have read in the paper a while back.
Just curious. :D

lonegull
28-12-06, 02:20 PM
the titans have given rogers time to clear his head, i think an announcement after the new year is a formality

bigjim
28-12-06, 03:59 PM
Thanks.
Can't wait, all going well, to see him run onto Suncorp turf with the the rest of the guys for the first game.

What a team.
No opposition will dare disrespect or underestimate the Titans. :box:

6one9
01-01-07, 03:15 PM
Faumuina would be a good signing, just hope his Mum can slap some sense into the kid otherwise it WILL be groundhog day, P.S his Mrs is hot too so that helps hahaha.

PEACE