PDA

View Full Version : Titans interested in Michael Henderson

DeeGan
18-06-06, 07:45 AM
Titans interested in Michael Henderson

Michael Searle has confirmed we are interested in signing Stg Illawarra's prop/second rower Michael Henderson. The Titans are looking to seek permission to talk to Henderson before the June 30 deadline which is something that are likely not to be afforded with the Doggies and Nate Myles.

Titanium_BD1103
18-06-06, 10:20 AM
Well I know nothing about Michael Henderson... so I can't say much... but any young front rower is a good addition to the side.. so good luck to the Titans on getting him.. :)

Teegy
18-06-06, 10:24 AM
not another dragon. actually if you were to take any dragons off our hands he would be good for both teams. titans would get a good young forward with heaps of potental and dragons aren't losing much because we have wicks and Leaeno coming through. i really hope that the titans get this bloke cause he is a favoured player of mine and id hate to see him in another clubs colours except titans

novacastrian_panther
18-06-06, 11:15 AM
not another dragon. actually if you were to take any dragons off our hands he would be good for both teams. titans would get a good young forward with heaps of potental and dragons aren't losing much because we have wicks and Leaeno coming through. i really hope that the titans get this bloke cause he is a favoured player of mine and id hate to see him in another clubs colours except titans
The titans havnt even signed a dragon yet. They've signed 3 panthers tho :curse:

Titanium_BD1103
18-06-06, 11:35 AM
Um... Nova... what is Luke Bailey then.. a Steeler.. :laugh: :laugh:

In all honesty I think all the top clubs of the NRL will be targeted by the GC Titans.. it is not surprising to see players from the Dragons and the Panthers being a part of the GC, as it is a good club where these players who might not have gotten a start in the run on side at their respective clubs, can get a chance to play regular first grade.

I won't be surprised if other clubs like the Bulldogs and Cronulla, Melbourne and even Brisbane lose players to the GC, with the Titans a very good club and a great option for season 2007... :)

Teegy
19-06-06, 07:44 AM
as BDT 311 said Bailey is a dragon. but Millard, Henderson, Creagh, Sims and poore have all been linked to the titans

novacastrian_panther
19-06-06, 04:26 PM
Um... Nova... what is Luke Bailey then.. a Steeler.. :laugh: :laugh:

In all honesty I think all the top clubs of the NRL will be targeted by the GC Titans.. it is not surprising to see players from the Dragons and the Panthers being a part of the GC, as it is a good club where these players who might not have gotten a start in the run on side at their respective clubs, can get a chance to play regular first grade.

I won't be surprised if other clubs like the Bulldogs and Cronulla, Melbourne and even Brisbane lose players to the GC, with the Titans a very good club and a great option for season 2007... :)
woops just forgot about him lol.

Dakink
20-06-06, 09:26 AM
Good forward depth signing and wouldnt hurt to be developed with CArty, Gilly and Bull leading him on.

Supergoose
20-06-06, 12:20 PM
Another good up and comer and definite "depth" signing. By depth signing do we mean that if all are fit that he won't be in the top 17? I reckon Henderson is the kind of player that would find his way into the top 17 under the Titans regime is all.

Saint_Titan
20-06-06, 07:18 PM
well its pretty much official now...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=78060

Teegy
20-06-06, 07:21 PM
ill just post it in here for easy viewing

St George Illawarra's emerging prop Michael Henderson will join his Dragons teammate Luke Bailey at the Gold Coast Titans next year.

The Titans are yet to formally announce the three-year deal but it is understood the 21-year-old Henderson has already agreed to terms with the fledgling NRL club.

St George Illawarra gave Henderson permission to negotiate with only the Titans before June 30.

Gold Coast chief executive Michael Searle held negotiations with Henderson's manager Daryl Mather over the weekend.

advertisement
"It's still very early but we're confident of securing him," Searle told AAP.

"The market's pretty hot at the moment and we're being level-headed about the situation.

"We've only got until June 30 as the window of opportunity that the Dragons have given us (to negotiate). Hopefully we can do something before then.

"He's a good young front-rower who could be tutored by Bull (Bailey) and that's the way we see it."

Asked whether the Titans had secured Henderson, Mather said from a business trip in New Zealand: "I can't confirm or deny that."

Henderson would join Test and NSW prop Bailey at the Titans, who boast a forward pack also featuring Frank Puletua, Anthony Laffranchi and Brad Meyers.

With just 10 days before rugby league's silly season begins, Searle joked that Lions AFL star Jason Akermanis was the only off-contract player who hadn't been linked with the Titans.

It seems like everyone is clambering to get on board the Titans Express before it pulls into the station at Carrara in 2007.

Nate Myles, Craig Fitzgibbon, Josh Hannay and Jake Webster are just some of the other off-contract players who have been linked to the club.

Searle said Titans coach John Cartwright was monitoring the progress of North Queensland centre Hannay, who's played just five games for the Cowboys this year after being relegated to the Queensland Cup for most of the season.

Hannay's future could be determined by whether the Cowboys recruit fellow former Queensland Origin centre Willie Tonga, who is almost certain to leave the Bulldogs.

Melbourne's New Zealand international winger Webster is another player the Titans have expressed interest in.

"His parents live in Brisbane so one would expect that if he had a chance to come home it would be great but if he goes to the market he'll be heavily sought after," Searle pointed out.

"He's definitely on the radar."

Searle said at this stage he was delighted with Gold Coast's roster spearheaded by Bailey, Penrith livewire Preston Campbell and internationals Scott Prince and Brian Carney.

Melbourne fullback Steve Turner is the latest recruit after his path to playing first grade in his preferred position was blocked by Billy Slater and Greg Inglis.

"We're ahead of where we thought we'd be and that's come about because the clubs are more willing to allow players to negotiate before June 30," Searle said.

"We're still short in the centres, as are all clubs, and two back-rowers and a front-rower short but having said that we're really happy with where we're at."

im glad he might be coming to titans cause he is a remarkable talent and is a very good player theat will help the titans

DeeGan
20-06-06, 09:01 PM
I am very happy with this likely signing - Henderson is a prop we can have here for a long time and a young prop with quality about him who has really come on at the Dragons.

maroon man
21-06-06, 06:27 AM
Last nite's Talkin' Sport show on radio with Graham Hughes and Jimmy Smith - they indicated in their 6.30pm news break that they had received confirmation that the Titans have signed Michael Henderson. They said "it is now official."

Hoppy2007Dragons
21-06-06, 09:01 AM
Good luck to henderson, it's a shame he won't be with the Dragons next year, but i can't think of a better club for him to go to to furthur his promising career.

Darren Lockyer
21-06-06, 03:15 PM
I have looked at several sites and they have all said he has signed. Can you confirm that or not DEE GAN.

Super Cronk
21-06-06, 03:18 PM
I have looked at several sites and they have all said he has signed. Can you confirm that or not DEE GAN.

Are these actual news sites? or are these just other forums? If it were confirmed then all the news sites would have it up...and i scan them all day every day. Also channel9 didnt have him on their gains when they did a feature last weekend.

Kallan
21-06-06, 03:45 PM
St George Illawarra prop Michael Henderson will join Dragons teammate Luke Bailey at Gold Coast Titans in 2007 on a three-year deal.
Got that out of the Courier Mail today.

Super Cronk
21-06-06, 03:50 PM
Kallan what is the next line after that?

The Titans are yet to formally announce the three-year deal but it is understood the 21-year-old Henderson has already agreed to terms with the fledgling NRL club.

It hasnt been formally announced yet...

Kallan
21-06-06, 03:53 PM
Kallan what is the next line after that?

That was all there was in the thing, it was a little bit under a article on karmichael Hunt, so I wasn't really sure...

Super Cronk
21-06-06, 04:00 PM
That was all there was in the thing, it was a little bit under a article on karmichael Hunt, so I wasn't really sure...

Oh ok fair enough Kallan. I think he has signed but not yet announced by the clubs.

DeeGan
21-06-06, 05:41 PM
I think the deal is all but done though yet to be formally announced by the club. I cannot 100% confirm or deny the signing.

Steelers
21-06-06, 06:57 PM
I can't believe how many signings the Titans are picking up before the deadline... quite remarkable!

Chaos
21-06-06, 09:29 PM
Maybe that has triggered David Gallop to get rid of the June 30 deadline

DeeGan
21-06-06, 09:43 PM
Stg Illawarra gave Michael Henderson permission to speak only to the Gold Coast Titans before the June 30 deadline - we were not the cause of any possible removal of the anti-tampering laws.

Supergoose
22-06-06, 10:33 AM
Who cares if we were or weren't as long as they're gone. I do think however that players should not be able to be "tampered" with prior to the last year of their contract and clubs should be allowed the last rights to offer a player a contract or withdraw.

Chaos
22-06-06, 07:48 PM
The Storm weren't to keen on losing their players before the deadline

Super Cronk
22-06-06, 08:11 PM
The Storm weren't to keen on losing their players before the deadline

When was this?

If your talking about this year..then thats wrong. Storm told kidwell he wouldnt be needed next year, and Turner wanted out of the storm to get a regular fullback spot.

Chaos
24-06-06, 12:16 PM
Stg Illawarra gave Michael Henderson permission to speak only to the Gold Coast Titans before the June 30 deadline -

I don't see how that if fair on other clubs

Teegy
24-06-06, 02:47 PM
I don't see how that if fair on other clubs
it doesnt have to be. dragons are doing a favour by letting him negotiate.

Steve Dangerous
24-06-06, 03:20 PM
I'm really just amazed at how we keep pulling quality players.

Lucky to have so many clubs let us chat to their guys before the deadline!