PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Anthony Kafusi signing?

DeeGan
17-06-06, 01:00 PM
Titans: Anthony Kafusi signing?

This was posted by a member at leagueunlimited.com:

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/_images/players/150x200/2.jpg

"Storm concedes it will battle to retain power prop Anthony Kaufusi next season, with the Gold Coast Titans believed to be ready to make a massive offer for Kaufusi's services" - Melbourne Herald Sun today

I have heard this whisper as well.

Anthony Kafusi has plenty of potential that he has failed to fulfill to an extent under Bellamy. He is in the mould of Roy Asotasi and could be anything in the game. I would love to see him in 2007 with a pre-season under Billy Johnstone - I think we could see a similar career turn around to that of Carl Webb to a degree. Kafusi would also form a good prop rotation with Bailey and Thompson though I think there is another prop still to come with rumours persisting that we could see Danny Nutley return to the NRL as a Titan.

Luke
17-06-06, 01:32 PM
Kaufusi would be a great signing he has alot of potential and would be great for the Titans.

TitanBronco
17-06-06, 01:56 PM
Titans: Anthony Kafusi signing?

This was posted by a member at leagueunlimited.com:

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/_images/players/150x200/2.jpg

I have heard this whisper as well.

Anthony Kafusi has plenty of potential that he has failed to fulfill to an extent under Bellamy. He is in the mould of Roy Asotasi and could be anything in the game. I would love to see him in 2007 with a pre-season under Billy Johnstone - I think we could see a similar career turn around to that of Carl Webb to a degree. Kafusi would also form a good prop rotation with Bailey and Thompson though I think there is another prop still to come with rumours persisting that we could see Danny Nutley return to the NRL as a Titan.

Nutley has extened his contract with Castleford for another 12 months.

The Original Idiot
17-06-06, 03:01 PM
Storm concedes it will battle to retain power prop Anthony Kaufusi next season, with the Gold Coast Titans believed to be ready to make a massive offer for Kaufusi's services
I'm not sure we should be throwing 'massive' amounts of money at a guy who has not proven himself. Surely we can use that money on a better and more proven player than Kaufusi?

DeeGan
17-06-06, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure we should be throwing 'massive' amounts of money at a guy who has not proven himself. Surely we can use that money on a better and more proven player than Kaufusi?

I don't think we are going to be offerin massive amounts of money to a relatively unproven player. I think the journalist added the word to make the statement a little more attractive :laugh:

Steelers
17-06-06, 03:35 PM
Don't know too much about him... but I am sure SC will have some inside info

DeeGan
17-06-06, 03:40 PM
Nutley has extened his contract with Castleford for another 12 months.

Thanks mate - I had that confirmed this afternoon at the TAB as well. I guess we can rule that one out :D

TitanBronco
17-06-06, 03:52 PM
We're actually signing half of the storm team :naughty:

Super Cronk
17-06-06, 03:55 PM
Hmmm...if, and thats a big IF the titans can get AK to preform consistently as a big bopper who has some ball skill then he would be a good signing.

But unfortunately he is just an up and down prop who has potential, and has been for 3 or so years.

Supergoose
17-06-06, 07:24 PM
Wasn't Kafusi mentioned as a possible Origin bolter for Qld alongside, Shillington, Tronc amongst others? I'm sure that Carty, Gilly and Billy will get the best out of Antonio if he were to sign. Good impact player i reckon.

PARANoIR
17-06-06, 08:01 PM
Kaufusi would be a great signing he has alot of potential and would be great for the Titans.

Exactly. The challange for the GC would be making him FULFILL that potential.

Super Cronk
17-06-06, 08:02 PM
Exactly. The challange for the GC would be making him FULFILL that potential.

Which must be extremely hard if Bellamy cant get it out of him im not sure who can.

PARANoIR
17-06-06, 08:13 PM
Which must be extremely hard if Bellamy cant get it out of him im not sure who can.

An unestablish first grade coach won't get it out of him, that's for sure.

Trevor Gilmeister, however, is the man who can.

Super Cronk
17-06-06, 08:16 PM
An unestablish first grade coach won't get it out of him, that's for sure.

Trevor Gilmeister, however, is the man who can.

c'mon if Bellamy, Dean Lance, Stephen kearney and Robbie Kearns cannot bring out the best in AK then it will be a tough job even for gilly. Maybe a change of scennary will help him, you never know.

PARANoIR
17-06-06, 08:18 PM
I have more faith in Gilmeister, in giving someone an attitude adjustment, than any of those blokes you just mentioned.

Super Cronk
17-06-06, 08:20 PM
I have more faith in Gilmeister, in giving someone an attitude adjustment, than any of those blokes you just mentioned.

Guess we will see. IF he does sign and Gilly can get the best out of him then good luck to AK.

PARANoIR
17-06-06, 08:21 PM
Realistically though, I dont think Kaufusi is the sort of player the Titans should go after.

Signing guys with a bit of potential, that are known to have attitude problems, is not something the Titans want in their opening seasons.

mb63
17-06-06, 09:37 PM
Agree his 2006 has been alot better than 2005 & I would expect him to improve next year.Still has a way to go to reach his potential.

DIEHARD
19-06-06, 01:39 PM
KAUFUSI EXTENDS STAY WITH THE STORM

With the June 30 anti-tampering deadline approaching, Melbourne Storm has continued its efforts to lock in the majority of its squad with the re-signing of powerful front-rower Antonio Kaufusi to a three year deal.

The contract will see Kaufusi, 21, remain with the Storm until at least the end of the 2009 season.

Described by former Storm prop Rodney Howe as having "more natural attributes than any forward you have ever seen", the 190cm, 113kg power forward is delighted to have his immediate future sorted before the trade period merry-go-round begins.

"Everyone dreads the June 30 deadline and I'm just happy to get it over and done with," said Kaufusi.

"It was a pretty tough choice whether to stay here in Melbourne or go home and be closer to my family. But at the end of the day, for the development of my career, things are going very well here in Melbourne and I didn't want to change it.

"The coaching staff here are very professional. Craig's the best coach I've ever had and Stephen Kearney's a great help with us forwards. I mean he's been there and done that so you can only gain from having him around.

"But it wasn't only the coaches that persuaded me to stay. The whole club is totally professional from the strength and conditioning to the medical department. I'm just excited to stay for here the next three years.

"The team are going well and I can only see us improving and going further."

The retention of Kaufusi highlights Melbourne Storm Recruitment Manager Peter O'Sullivan's desire to hold on to the club's best young talent.

"The singing of Antonio continues our youth retention policy," said O'Sullivan.

"Antonio's been with us since he was 17 years of age and has now established himself as an NRL regular and we believe the next three years will be the best of his career.

"He's quick, powerful and has great footwork. I'm sure he will mature into one of our senior players in the coming years."

Along with Kaufusi, the Storm has re-signed Matt Geyer and Ryan Hoffman in the past two weeks, along with extending the contracts of Greg Inglis, Dallas Jonson, Cooper Cronk and Cam Smith earlier in the season.

News sent by: www.melbournestorm.com.au

Souths'n'Titans
19-06-06, 01:59 PM
Well that dampens your conspiracy theories

Super Cronk
19-06-06, 04:11 PM
The storm re-signed AK today on a 3 yr deal.

Brownzay
20-06-06, 12:41 PM
Its good that the storm have resigned him.
All 8000 of us vics that go to every home game can still have the pleasure of yelling "foos!!" when he gets the ball, regardless of whether we're gettin flogged or not.