PDA

View Full Version : Big League: Small feature on the Titans

DeeGan
15-06-06, 10:38 AM
Big League: Small feature on the Titans

For those interested, there is a small feature in this week's Big League magazine on the Titans. Nothing to huge, though some quotes from Satts and Carty reiterating our position on signing the person before the player in so many words.

More rumours of players linked to the Titans also including; Willie Tonga, Danny Galea, Jake Webster, Craig Fitzgibbon, Nate Myles, Ashton Sims and Justin Poore.

Apart from Jake Webster in the above group, after watching Origin two, I hope we pull all the strings to make the signing of Nate Myles. He was superb last night and could be the enforcer type we need in the long term as he matures.

Carty also states will be looking to have a top 25 full of players with NRL experience with 10 players training with us made up of those from the QLD Cup and the like.

Cheers

DIEHARD
15-06-06, 11:07 AM
Carty also states will be looking to have a top 25 full of players with NRL experience with 10 players training with us made up of those from the QLD Cup and the like.

Interesting, so we can expect a far few more signings yet.

Teegy
15-06-06, 11:12 AM
intersting that hes not going to include QLD cup players in his 25 man squad. i spose they will have to work their way in.

Teegy
15-06-06, 11:13 AM
wouldnt the titans be a strong team if they could get Webster, Poore and Myles

DeeGan
15-06-06, 11:28 AM
Carty says, "We're confident we'll have a competitive side that the Gold Coast people can be more than proud of."

Journalist Benjamin Everill (very good by the way in comparison to some of the crap in the papers) then writes, "Head Coach John Cartwright wants the inaugral top 25 to all have top-level experience but has not ruled out drafting players from the Queensland Cup feeder teams of Ipswich, Burleigh or Tweed Heads or even elite youth players from the area."

In closing, Carty is quoted as saying "We may keep a hanful of places up our sleeve for players who come in to form towards the end of the year, but it's no surprise we'll be ready to push hard come July 1.

"We want to be competitive from day one, so I'd day the top 25 will be full of players with NRL experience, but like most clubs we'll have towards 35 players training with us, so there be plenty of opportunities for young talent and Queensland Cup players to push through."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very exciting is all I can say - I think we will surprise ALOT of people who are instant experts on the club saying we will secure the wooden spoon in our first season. The quality of talent on and off the field ensure we are going to be mid table and perhaps puching for a finals spot in our debut season.

lonegull
15-06-06, 12:25 PM
interesting read looks like there going to be quiet a few more signings

Smeg Head
15-06-06, 01:09 PM
Very interesting stuff.... looks like were in for some furious mad season action! :guit:

patskE
15-06-06, 03:35 PM
man
its like xmas
i just cant wait to see who else we sign

Supergoose
15-06-06, 10:02 PM
wouldnt the titans be a strong team if they could get Webster, Poore and Myles

Sure would Teegy! Add Turner and Nutley to that mix and chching, we're contenders!