PDA

View Full Version : captain?

patskE
09-06-06, 06:57 PM
so far from the signing's who do u think will be captain?

Kallan
09-06-06, 07:05 PM
I would say Scott Prince.

Teegy
09-06-06, 07:14 PM
i think you will find Preston Campbell will be. if i remeber right he was named the inageral Titans Captain

Kallan
09-06-06, 07:15 PM
I would prefer Prince because Campbell is not a big talker.

DeeGan
09-06-06, 07:23 PM
No captain has been appointed, Carty will wait until the squad is finalised.

As for my choice, look no further than premiership winning captain Scott Prince who is a good leader. He will be our chief playmaker and the halfback steers the ship on the field.

Dakink
09-06-06, 07:51 PM
No captain has been appointed, Carty will wait until the squad is finalised.

As for my choice, look no further than premiership winning captain Scott Prince who is a good leader. He will be our chief playmaker and the halfback steers the ship on the field.

Totally agree - anyone who has any doubts only has to look at how eager Prince was to lead the Tigers last year - he is a born leader and my choice for Captain too.

The Original Idiot
09-06-06, 07:56 PM
We could always have two captains, or have Prince as captain and Presto as VC.

Luke
09-06-06, 07:56 PM
I would go with Prince. He has led a team to grand final before so his perfect for the job.

[BroncosGirl]
09-06-06, 08:51 PM
Yeah I reckon Prince would be a great captain. I meanhe has led a side to a premiership :)

Teegy
09-06-06, 08:52 PM
i doubt he would get it but Bailey seems to be the type of player who would be a good leader IMO

Kingytek
09-06-06, 08:56 PM
Im tipping the 2005 Dally M Captain of the Year - Scott Prince

Luke
09-06-06, 08:57 PM
i doubt he would get it but Bailey seems to be the type of player who would be a good leader IMO

Yeah didnt they say early last year that Bailey would be Captain ?

Teegy
09-06-06, 08:58 PM
i hadn't heard that but i actually thought they sid when presto signed that he would be the captain.

Queenslander
09-06-06, 09:19 PM
It should be a no brainer for the club, Scott Prince, is the man to lead the Titans.

Titanium_BD1103
09-06-06, 09:31 PM
I would go Prince and Bailey as they are both great leaders... Preston not too sure... haven't seen him lead..

DIEHARD
09-06-06, 09:37 PM
Scott Prince for sure. He is just the sort of captain I'd like.

novacastrian_panther
09-06-06, 09:51 PM
They announced when PC signed with yas he was going to be captain. I reckon they should hav co-captains (pc and prince).

DeeGan
09-06-06, 11:05 PM
Again, the captain has not been annointed. As per post in early March 2006 in which members were invited to ask questions of those who form the off-field team of the Gold Coast Titans. This was posed to Carty:

7) Have you decided on a captain for 2007 yet or are you waiting to see what other players you might be signing before you make your decision

We haven?t decided on a captain as yet. We won?t be making any decisions until we finalise our squads.

Preston was not made captain when announced as our first signing.

Chaos
09-06-06, 11:14 PM
It will be Prince...I've got no doubts what so ever.
He was born to lead a Rugby League team around a paddock.

The Original Idiot
10-06-06, 03:50 PM
The vast majority seem to say Prince. Should we have a vice captain? If so, should Presto get that role?

novacastrian_panther
12-06-06, 06:03 PM
PC should be atleast the vice captain.

DeeGan
12-06-06, 06:22 PM
PC should be atleast the vice captain.

Who is say we won't sign a player with captaincy experience that would be more suited? Alot can happen between now and then.

I am all for long term leaders at clubs who have the chance to make their mark on the club they lead which is why I believe Prince is the best option. Of the current players in the team, I would look at Luke Bailey as a possible vice-captain given; a) he has more football in him the Presto b) he is well spoken off field when doing media committments c) he is a leader on the field in the mould of Shane Webcke.

Teegy
12-06-06, 06:24 PM
same deegs. id have bailey as VC and Prince as C ATM. that way Prince can handle the Backs and Bails can look after the forwards

RIP
12-06-06, 07:10 PM
Peterson

DIEHARD
12-06-06, 07:26 PM
I am all for long term leaders at clubs who have the chance to make their mark on the club they lead which is why I believe Prince is the best option. Of the current players in the team, I would look at Luke Bailey as a possible vice-captain given; a) he has more football in him the Presto b) he is well spoken off field when doing media committments c) he is a leader on the field in the mould of Shane Webcke.

100%. I'd be leaning towards Bailey.

TitanBronco
12-06-06, 08:05 PM
I'd go with Prince or Bailey.

MonaroMan
12-06-06, 08:30 PM
I'd go with Luke Bailey, he has the most experience in the representative field.

I don't really like Scott Prince as a captain, so maybe Preston Campbell as vice-captain because he has played for the Gold Coast in the past...

Albatross
12-06-06, 09:09 PM
Prince is at his best when captaining the Tigers. Barking orders, getting more involved and for some reason his kicking game lifts. Make him captain and Bailey vice captain.

Blunt_Beno
13-06-06, 04:51 PM
fairly sure that would have been part of princes contract i reckon.

id have prince captain and preston vice captain

Just Another Member
14-06-06, 08:00 PM
I'll repeat what many before me have said. Captain = Prince, VC = Bailey.

patskE
15-06-06, 12:31 AM
u cant say yet...
dont even know the whole squard yet... going have to wait and see

Dakink
15-06-06, 10:25 AM
I'll repeat what many before me have said. Captain = Prince, VC = Bailey.

Im liking that thought.

Prince has to be captain for mine. A fantastic leader that is at his best when given the responsibility, some love it - some hate it. He thrives off it.

As vor VC, I would love to see Bailey given the role - he will be the forward leader, and as such leads by example. Would be the perfect foil for Prince, and no one would ever doubt his attitude and integrity.

Supergoose
15-06-06, 11:11 PM
Bailey to skipper so Prince can worry about running the side on the field

Brownzay
20-06-06, 01:46 PM
Depends on whether we get any more big signings or not.
its a three horse race with bailey, prince and presto but depends if they'll come good on their claim that prestos inaugural captain.

Id choose prince though.