PDA

View Full Version : Titans development squad

DIEHARD
04-10-05, 04:54 PM
The Gold Coast Titans' presence in South East Queensland has become more evident, with Marsden State High student Chris Sandow selected in the club?s first elite development squad.

While the Titans have focused thus far on talent from the south coast of Queensland and the northern rivers of New South Wales, interest in Sandow explores the corridor to Brisbane.

Player of the Carnival at the 2005 Queensland Open Schoolboys Championship, Sandow also played with premiers Wests Centenary in the Under 16A club competition.

He is a former Queensland Academy of Sport representative and also figured at this year?s Australian Schoolboy titles at Wagga Wagga.

The former Cherbourg Hornets junior can play numerous positions and is an accomplished goal-kicker.

Other Queensland-based players selected in the Titans elite development squad are Luke Krauss, Travis Drought, Ryan Simpkins, Kevin Pease and Brodie Williams.

Simpkins is from the Tugun club, while Krauss and Drought play for Currumbin-Tugun.

Pease is of the Burleigh club, having led the Bears to the ARL Foundation Shield in 2004. Meanwhile, Williams is playing across the border with Tweed Seagulls, but is a former QRL Southern Division representative.

The elite development squad will be overseen by Scott Sattler, a four-season veteran with former NRL entity the Gold Coast Chargers.

Source: http://www.QRL.com.au

DIEHARD
04-10-05, 04:56 PM
Now this really excites me.

Getting the development squad up and running, focusing on young talent in our region.

Should prove to pay off massive dividends in a few years and beyond.

Super Cronk
04-10-05, 04:58 PM
This is very good news for the Titans and esp for these young guys....now they have something to work towards. Its also good that the titans have got in there early and started the development.

DIEHARD
04-10-05, 05:01 PM
The benefits of having a Gold Coast NRL club is that it doesn't just cater for the young blokes who may not get an opportunity otherwise but it also encourages other young blokes to try to take their game to a higher level.

Moejoe
04-10-05, 05:14 PM
I know for a fact I will be heading to alot of Junior club games from ages 14 to the Amature competition next year. Like die hard said, With the set up the gold coast are begining I think next years junior football will be some of the best we have seen.

DIEHARD
04-10-05, 05:21 PM
If you do Moejoe, make sure you keep us updated on those future Gold Coast and SEQLD stars.

Steelers
04-10-05, 05:59 PM
They can always come up to the Sunshine Coast to have a look. Some blokes in my team play rep and are awesome!

Lennox Titan
04-10-05, 09:57 PM
They can always come up to the Sunshine Coast to have a look. Some blokes in my team play rep and are awesome!

Great news. Plenty of talent is brissy that never get a look in.

Will we be playing NSWRL first division in 2007? it would be good to be able to watch the lower grades and see the talent coming through.

Steelers
05-10-05, 07:22 AM
Will we be playing NSWRL first division in 2007? it would be good to be able to watch the lower grades and see the talent coming through.

the QLD teams don't/won't have NSWRL teams. They have a designated feeder club from QLD cup (a reserve grade team).

Lennox Titan
05-10-05, 09:32 AM
the QLD teams don't/won't have NSWRL teams. They have a designated feeder club from QLD cup (a reserve grade team).

I wonder how the standard of the QLD cup compares to first division. I hope its close.

Dakink
05-10-05, 11:22 AM
I think the QLD cup standard, whilst maybe not quite the same as Premier League it isnt too far off. Especially when you consider the caliber of older players running around.

The QLD cup is developing all the time and will become an excellent feeder system for the NRL team. The Young Guns serve Nth.QLD well and I cant see why the Titans wont be the same. MAybe in years to come there will be a Titan team similar to the Young Guns???

Steelers
05-10-05, 02:01 PM
MAybe in years to come there will be a Titan team similar to the Young Guns???
the only way that would happen is if the Burleigh Bears decide to change to the Gold Coast Titans Young Guns (or whatever name they choose :p)

Dakink
05-10-05, 02:10 PM
Maybe like Roosters - Newtown one of the QLD cup teams will semi merge withthe Titans?

Dakink
17-07-06, 01:38 PM
Bump;

I tried searching but in vain - anyone got a list of the junior development squad players?