PDA

View Full Version : Fan Opinion: What do you think about the new look Gold Coast?

DeeGan
22-09-05, 03:41 PM
Fan Opinion: What do you think about the new look Gold Coast?

Well the hoopla is over and the Gold Coast Titans name has been confirmed ending alot of speculation from newspapers and un-official Rugby League sites/forums who were striving for the 'scoop'.

We want to know what you, the fans, think about the latest team to enter the NRL competition representing the Gold Coast once more!

Do you like the name? What about the team colours? Is the logo what you expected?

Please take a moment to post your thoughts on the why or why not your for the new Titans name and please vote in the poll option as well.

Let us know what you think about your Gold Coast Titans!

Cheers

DeeGan

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 07:30 PM
The logo, the colours and the name are all fantastic. It is a fantastic brand.

I do have reservations about the similarity to the Valleys Diehards. Queensland's oldest (1907), proudest and most successful (24 Premierships) club. I didn't think the Gold Coast would trend on that kind of water after the Redcliffe saga.

But I have been waiting for and praying for a Gold Coast team in the NRL ever since we lost the Chargers. The Titans will do so much for rugby league in Queensland and inject some much needed tribalism and rivalry.

The Broncos won't know what has hit them!

I think in 2007 and beyond, all three Queensland based clubs will sit a top the NRL crowd averages list. With sell out matches at all the Queensland derbies.

Who remembers the big crowds from the Broncos v Seagulls matches?

The Gold Coast Titans are the best thing to happen to Queensland Rugby League in many years.

The logo and colours are a slam dunk.

Cliffy GC
22-09-05, 07:51 PM
every thing done by this club since 2001 has been professional.

Other bidding clubs spat the dummy when things didnt go their way every time there was a set back this club turned around and up the ante.

I think Micheal Searle will be remember as a legend of GC rugby league.

League Freak
22-09-05, 07:53 PM
Brilliant.

As Ive said on other forums this is the best logo in Rugby League! :cool:

DeeGan
22-09-05, 08:02 PM
Great feedback already, I have to agree with League Freak, we have the best logo in the NRL today :D I knew we were going to come up with something great, though when I first saw it I knew we had a sure fire winner on our hands. The merchandise will be great (don't forget to vote for your preferred jersey at the website) as well.

Cliffy GC, Michael Searle's legend was born the day he was told there was no decision made initially by the NRL in relation to the 16th team. Whereas some chose to spit the dummy, Michael went about his business with the team and impressed all with his 'never say die' attitude. Michael and the whole team involved in the bid never lost that will to win entry into the competition and we as Gold Coast fans are forever thankful.

Cliffy GC
22-09-05, 08:05 PM
Great feedback already, I have to agree with League Freak, twe have the best logo in the NRL today :D I knew we were going to come up with something great, though when I first saw it I knew we had a sure fire winner on our hands. The merchandise will be great (don't forget to vote for your preferred jersey at the website).

Cliffy GC, Michael Searle's legend was born the day he was told there was no decision made initially by the NRL in relation to the 16th team. Whereas some chose to spit the dummy, Michael went about his business with the team and impressed all with his 'never say die' attitude. Michael and the whole team involved in the bid never lost that will to win entry into the competition and we as Gold Coast fans are forever thankful.

spot on mate.

I still cant believe they got that huge crowd in the feb 2004 for a trial when it was 40 odd degress, if that didnt spell it out for the rugby league world i dont know what did.

Lennox Titan
22-09-05, 08:10 PM
I was a voter for the Stingers but the Titan logo is looking really good.

Im finding it hard to pick what jersey to vote on because its hard to judge from a drawing. The ones with the big T look pretty good though.

I am saddened by the news from Mick that Captain Charger will not return :p

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:12 PM
He might make a cameo appearance in the crowd! Keep an eye out!

He has heard the Gold Coast are back and he is getting the tights out of the closet.

eelectrica
22-09-05, 08:14 PM
I was hoping for Stingrays/Stingers in keeping with the originally intended marine theme but it hasn't taken long for the Titans to grow on me.

Just glad the GC has a team once again and this time they are here to stay.
Forever :)

The logo is excellent and I've put my vote in for preferred jersey design.

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:14 PM

Absolutely. They got knocked down and instead of getting angry and giving up, theygot back up, dusted themselves off and asked the NRL how to improve their bid and came back a year later.

Ironically if it wasn't for the NRL playing hard ball and Michael's determination, we would never have gotten our new stadium.

I am very proud to have Michael Searle as our CEO, very proud indeed.

League Freak
22-09-05, 08:17 PM
I think I described the logo better on another web site.

Its bad ar$e!

I used another adjective in there on the other site though. I dont want to be the first person banned on this forum. :D

DeeGan
22-09-05, 08:31 PM
Reading some of the first ever posts here is giving me goosebumps...

Fantastic support and if this is what type of fan we are going to attract here, the Gold Coast Titans are in great shape off the field as well as on!

Cheers

DeeGan

Super Cronk
22-09-05, 08:34 PM
the logo looks awesome.

i voted for the titans....happy they got the name.

the team has made some good buys so far looking forward to seeing how they go in 07

League Freak
22-09-05, 08:37 PM
Ive yet to see a negative comment about the logo.

Thats a first for Rugby League! :D

Stinger
22-09-05, 09:49 PM
I was dissapointed yeaterday when I heard the news that the Titans got the nod. I made a big push for the Stingers. BUT................... I'm over it now, love the logo.

Fire up you Titan *****es!!!!!!!

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 10:11 PM
Hey hey everyone. DeeGan my mind reads your name as DanGee lol.

I was undecided about the name Titans, as it sounded very NFL-ish and those titan shed ads give me bad feelings about it ha.

but seeing the image they've worked on with the logo and website and everything i must say i'm impressed. I definately like it more than the dolphins brand that they scrapped. and as everyone has already said, the logo is awesome.

i reallyyy like the bronze-ish orange colour they've used in it, and i'd like the jerseys to use this and the silver a bit more... the blue and white on most of the jerseys seems to be too similar to other clubs using these colours, so i think more bronze/silver would suit the name and make it stand out a bit more. oh, and they need collars!

But yes, awesome stuff so far. Big thanks to Michael and the entire gcrl team who've given this awesome team to look forward to supporting. and the signings are impressive and we're still a year and a half away!

footyfan09
22-09-05, 10:12 PM
couldnt of done better my self we could tell the name was coming but i couldnt picture the picture it looks awesome.. better than the good old ducks

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 10:15 PM
"In Greek mythology, the Titans are a race of godlike giants who were considered to be the personifications of the forces of nature."

very tough heh. they can really build up the legend type vibe of it.

footyfan09
22-09-05, 10:27 PM
lol remeber the titans

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 10:32 PM
The Titans reminds me of the Diehards. :cool:

Seriously, what mascot on Earth is more appropriate for the gladitorial sport!?

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 10:37 PM
how d'ya like the avatar i just made ;)

League Freak
22-09-05, 10:47 PM
Is that a larger sized image of the new Titans logo avalible?

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 10:49 PM
Is that a larger sized image of the new Titans logo avalible?

You mean like a desktop background?

This is the largest I have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/largetitan.jpg

League Freak
22-09-05, 11:01 PM
Its just for my web site banners.

Now all I need is for my web site to work again! :D

DeeGan
22-09-05, 11:07 PM
The Titans name is well received which is damn pleasing to all involved I am sure! If we got this wrong, we were going to undo alot of the great work already done.

League Freak, let me know if you are needing any assistance image wise.

Steve Dangerous, big fan of the avatar ;)

Cheers

DeeGan

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 11:09 PM
How'd you get involved with the Titans DeeGan?

Mavfan
22-09-05, 11:11 PM
I think its fantastic. The GC deserved this team, and good on them :)

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 11:12 PM
I just realised the on-ground mascott is going to be impressive.

footyfan09
22-09-05, 11:35 PM
yeah shotgun being it lol

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 11:49 PM
Not only is it well received by Gold Coast fans, but by those from all over the country from all clubs.

People unanimously agree that the new Titans logo is a beauty!

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 11:57 PM
They description of the logo on NRL.com is a great one:

Burns said, ?Essentially a Titan is an ?imaginary being? so we have the opportunity of making it whatever we want it to be. We will explore the characterisation of the Titan through the size and strength of a Mythological Gladiator ? super hero type. This is just the first step in what will be a long journey for the branding of the ?Titans?.

The logo is inspired by the spirit of the modern day TITAN. Simple clean
lines - modern but striking ? are reflected in the TITAN logo. Use of an international trend of colour blocking, graded effects and simplistic modern silhouettes gives it a cutting edge feel.

The colours encompass the heritage of the Gold Coast with use of sea (blue) sun (yellow) and sand (fawn) as well as bronze for the armour, grey for the steel swords and black represents a rock solid foundation and strength.

The combination of the two swords positioned behind the name and the helmet and armour add a disposition of strength to the logo.

Burns said, ?We wanted to ensure the colours represented the Gold Coast and that the logo, when lined up against the other 15 clubs in the NRL, is worthy of inclusion amongst what are some of the best and most successful brands in Australian sport.?

J-Storm
23-09-05, 12:22 AM
Well being a Melbourne Storm supporter I am all for nationalisation of the NRL. This is going to be possibly THE best move that the NRL has made in a while. The logo is fantastic, the jersey looks like it will be a winner on and off the field and more importantly the Titans look like fielding a 1st class outfit to compete from the beginning...

I have happily adopted the Titans as my 2nd team already and can't wait for the 2007 season to kick-off...

DeeGan
23-09-05, 01:10 AM
How'd you get involved with the Titans DeeGan?

Long story...

In the end it came down to a passionate, persistant Gold Coast rugby league fan who just had to contribute to his team and make it a [art of his life long journey that was stalled for 7 seasons due to the Super League war. I wanted to be part of the team and in my own small way contribute to the effort.

I contacted Stephen Burns, met with him and a few of his colleagues and the rest is history ;)

Steelers
12-11-05, 04:31 PM
Thought I would bring a topic from the 'vault' and see what some of the new(ish) members, and those members who weren't here on day 1/2, thought of the Titans name. Personally, I was hoping for the Pirates, but the Titans has grown on me.

The Original Idiot
12-11-05, 04:37 PM
Yeah I was hoping for pirates too, but any one of them would have been awesome IMO. Thanks Steelers.

Research Station Drive
14-11-05, 02:28 PM
When I initially heard that the name would be Titans I thought it was stupid. I had thought it was a case of some numbskull executives picking the name of a US franchise and applying it here (see Mariners, etc).

Now I'm more aware of the consulting period behind the choice of name. It might not be my favourite, but the fans chose it and that is the most important thing.

I can see there being some confusion about what a titan really is... eg - mythical giant or a gladiator type character.

Dakink
14-11-05, 02:41 PM
The Titans moniker is really growing into a strong brand. I think it will be a strong indentifyer in the years to come!