PDA

View Full Version : Souths sign Peachey

Super Cronk
29-05-06, 06:14 PM
Foxsports.com.au

SOUTH Sydney has revived the NRL career of David Peachey, signing the former Cronulla fullback for the remainder of the 2006 season.

Peachey was on the lookout for a new club after being sacked by English division one club Widnes mid-season following a second mercy dash back to Australia to be with his ill step-father.

The enigmatic 32-year-old, a veteran of 12 seasons and 232 first grade games for the Sharks, will commence training with the club this week and should be available for the Rabbitohs' trip to Canberra on Saturday night.

"I'm very excited to be joining the club and to have the opportunity to play in the NRL again," Peachey said in a statement released by the Rabbitohs today.

"People have said that Souths are resurrecting my career and I'm willing to repay them in any way, shape or form for that opportunity."

Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson was pleased to add someone of Peachey's experience to the struggling club.

"David is a quality human being and will be an asset to our club," Richardson said.

Luke
29-05-06, 06:40 PM
He will do good for South, so best of luck to him.

Titanium_BD1103
29-05-06, 06:40 PM
Lets hope this will give Souths something..as they need it and Peachey is a good player who can hopefully give the Souths fans something to cheer about.. :D :D

I think though that although Peachey is a great signing.. Souths need to do more than have key players playing for the club... I mean when you have Adam MacDougall, a senior player, lambasting his teammates in the newspaper... you have problems that go further than any marquee players will solve.. :(

The Original Idiot
29-05-06, 07:38 PM
Personally, I'd like to hear Shavenjas' opinion of this signing.

shavenjas
29-05-06, 09:17 PM
Personally, I'd like to hear Shavenjas' opinion of this signing.
Then here it is, after the way Souths played on the weekend i don't think he will make much of a difference, but i like Peach, his best footy is behind him, id love to see Souths wining some games.

Eel 33
30-05-06, 02:26 PM
Its just a bit of cash of the Peach, but good to see him back in the NRL. A backwards signing by souths imo.