PDA

View Full Version : Titans on the Charge: Young talent- Chris McIntosh

Smeg Head
25-05-06, 04:19 PM
Hey everyone! I joined the fourm ages ago but have only just gotten around to posting.... Though I have been keeping my eyes peeled as the Titans debut season get closer and closer! The titans are really getting some great young talent on board which along with the fine purchases they have made so far is really looking promising! Recently the titans have been hitting the South West Region hard, looking at all the young talent and recently have just signed talented young sportsman Chris McIntosh who has a PB for the 100m of 11.67 and he's only 14! :eek: Very impressive stuff Well done titans! :clap:

THE Gold Coast Titans have made their intentions clear to move into the South West rugby league market.

Toowoomba youngster Chris McIntosh this week became the first player from the area to sign with the club, which is set to break into the NRL competition in 2007.

The talented 14-year-old knocked back offers from rival NRL clubs to take his chance with the new franchise and the Titans' South West region recruitment officer Mark Barrett has made it clear the club is eager to offer a pathway to other youngsters in the region.

"We're looking at another two players at the moment, but the important thing is that there is an opportunity there for young players," Barrett said.

"There is plenty of young talent up here and I'm excited by the fact that we can open the door and provide opportunities for these kids that don't seem to have been there before.
"The Titans have made it clear that they won't be signing hundreds of kids. They'll be doing their homework, but if they want to do the work, then there is an opportunity there." McIntosh has developed into one of the most talented young sportsman in Toowoomba.

A talented sprinter, McIntosh won the national 100m title for his age group and has a personal best time of 11.67 seconds.

He was a member of the Queensland Under 13 rugby league merit side last year.

While he will continue with sprinting while at school, McIntosh has made a decision on where his future lies.

"I want to head towards football," McIntosh said.

Toowoomba Chronicle

DeeGan
25-05-06, 04:23 PM
Nearly pipped my PB at 14 - good stuff Chris :D Nice find their smeg, hope to see you posting on the forum more often!

(yes, I am joking)

DIEHARD
25-05-06, 04:25 PM
Great to hear, I wish Chris luck. Keep up the hard work mate.

I didn't realise we had a South West region recruitment officer. Good for us and good for junior league. Maybe we could increase our presence a bit, now that the Broncos are clearing out.

Hope to see more from you Smeg_Head.

Both a Titans and Red Dwarf fan. That's class.

Smeg Head
25-05-06, 06:00 PM
Haha yeah don't we all wish we had that kind of speed at 14!!! WHOAH! Yeah I was also suprised too diehard about having a south- west region officer around.. great news for the titans though! Yeah hopefully they can keep an eye around the region as there is a fair bit of talent going around... The only problem is that most of it goes to waste or poached by NSW clubs as the broncos remaining squad members take all the places in the clydsedales :mad: I just hope the old clydies well be right now that the broncs have run off.... I think they are just going to try and stand alone as opposed to connecting with another NRL club.... Should be interesting...

Thanks guys, yep you will be seeing more from me :thumbsup:

Teegy
25-05-06, 06:21 PM
Nice signing but WHy Mark Barrett as Recruitment officer. all he does is stir up trouble

Luke
25-05-06, 07:42 PM
Best of luck to Chris McIntosh. We may even see him play first grade in a few years.

MonaroMan
25-05-06, 08:15 PM
Chris McIntosh goes to my school! He's one year younger than me...

He's the fastest U14 in his age group in Australia for the 100m sprint too... (edit: oh that's already in the article :p)

I hope he does well :)

Dakink
26-05-06, 08:30 AM
Both a Titans and Red Dwarf fan. That's class.

Amen to that one Brother!!!

*Gives the Rimmer Double Salute*

lonegull
26-05-06, 12:00 PM
great news he would have to play fullback or wing gee wiz only 14 thats young but i spose get in early

[BroncosGirl]
26-05-06, 12:03 PM
Whoa, thats pretty good at 14!! Good luck to him :)

Manly_Titan
26-05-06, 02:47 PM
Yeh, sounds like he has speed to burn. Aand he is only 14. At least its good because unlike some Sydney clubs like Penrith, Parra and even Souths, a lot of young talent are taken elsewhere. Well done to the Gold Coast recruitment team for thinking about its future through its own juniors and not doing what (as much as it hurts me to say) Manly does and stealing others juniors. Once again, hes very young and it may be a fair while before he cracks the top grades but good luck to the kid. I'm sure if hes good enough he'll be round and about first grade in a few years.

MonaroMan
17-04-07, 06:17 PM
Sorry to bring up a very old thread, but unfourtunately Chris McIntosh commit suicide sometime over the holidays... I don't know any details, I just heard it at school. He had a big future in league too, very sad.

TITAN PETE
17-04-07, 06:33 PM
Tragic news to hear i hope his family has support through this sad time.

Coaster
17-04-07, 07:22 PM
Gee thats just terrible.

I dont know what to say...

Darren Lockyer
17-04-07, 07:27 PM
Gee thats just terrible.

I dont know what to say...

yeah i know with his whole life ahead of him

Victor
18-04-07, 01:56 PM
you serious? damm

R.IP Chris Wayne McIntosh
01-11-07, 06:28 PM
Chris McIntosh was like my little brother i miss him soo much rip to my little brother MOREE BOY 4 LIFE!!!!!

CHRIS McINTOSH
FOREVER FOURTEEN

PROMETHEUS
01-11-07, 07:30 PM
Suicide is a tragedy-at 14 it makes even less sense :nope: .
Condolences to his family..

jenny
01-11-07, 07:56 PM

Certainly is.
There are no words you can really say to express the sadness and sorrow his family and friends suffer...And Sooooooooooooo many unanswered questions too.
Dredful..

Chris McIntosh was like my little brother i miss him soo much rip to my little brother MOREE BOY 4 LIFE!!!!!
I'm so sorry...Yes may he Rest in Peace

hugebrianfan
01-11-07, 08:33 PM

its so sad when young teens go to suicide its awful

yeah may he rest in peace

patskE
01-11-07, 09:58 PM
maybe the pressure of footy got 2 him

Ryu
02-11-07, 10:57 AM
Absolutely tragic & unfortunately not a rare occurrence. Maybe if people stopped talking about how difficult teenagers are and focused on the difficulties they face they could help them. Looking at the statistics on depression and youth suicide is sickening.

GCT_89
02-11-07, 01:43 PM
tragic....... very tragic. it looked like he had a great future ahead of him........ condolences go out to his family and friends

TITAN FOREVER
02-11-07, 02:30 PM
What an absolute tragedy. My condolences goes out to all his friends and especially his parents. Very Very Sad. God bless his soul.

Robbie_Dee
02-11-07, 06:50 PM
I knew him from school, which makes it even more tragic! He was a fantastic athlete, had a massive future going for him, such a sad thing to find out when I rocked up to school the next day. The whole school/community was in shock! :nope:

jenny
02-11-07, 07:49 PM
I knew him from school, which makes it even more tragic! He was a fantastic athlete, had a massive future going for him, such a sad thing to find out when I rocked up to school the next day. The whole school/community was in shock! :nope:

Robbie, i remember that...You came on here and you were in shock! :nope: