PDA

View Full Version : jokediciary round 11

Super Cronk
22-05-06, 03:48 PM
ABC.net.au

Bulldogs winger Matt Utai is facing a week on the sidelines after the NRL judiciary charged him with contrary conduct following an incident in yesterday's match against the Sharks.

Utai threw a punch after wading into a confrontation between two other players early in the second half of Sunday's game.

The Sharks' Scott Beau has been charged with a grade one dangerous throw but can avoid a suspension with an early guilty plea.

Titanium_BD1103
22-05-06, 03:58 PM
Um Ok.. not sure what the judiciary was watching there.. but I have watched that game on replay and listened to ABC radio.. and not once did I hear or see anything about Utai throwing a punch... contest it I say... ;)

As for the game... why didn't Kimmorley get charged for the attempted spear tackle... that was dangerous and both players should have been charged.. and yet there is nothing about it.. :(... I think the judiciary got it wrong this time.

Super Cronk
22-05-06, 04:00 PM
Im shocked that Mathew Cross wasnt atleast charged. Ive been told by someone else that he was charged but will escape suspension with an early plea. But his name isnt on any judiciary lists....

*edit* Now this on Foxsports.com.au:

And Penrith prop Matthew Cross will face no action over the incident that left his tackler, Parramatta fullback Wade McKinnon, needing plastic surgery for facial injuries. Eels captain Glenn Morrison had claimed Cross led with his elbow while running the ball into the tackle

JOKE! A farce! Anyone else want to add something?

Steelers
22-05-06, 04:17 PM
The judiciary has been a joke for years... plain and simple. Expect to hear all about it over the next week (again)

Super Cronk
22-05-06, 04:28 PM
The judiciary has been a joke for years... plain and simple. Expect to hear all about it over the next week (again)

It has been a joke..... but now its becoming so MUCH of a joke where its beyond laughable....its now a farce. The system is OBVIOUSLY ****e. The carry over points is stupid....Im a 19 year old League fan and i can see where big problems are, but the NRL cant or wont do anything about it.

Example of what im talking about re: carry over points.

Why does a player who does a head high in 99 get punished when he does a dangerous tackle in 2002? They are 2 totally different things and are 3 years apart.

I can understand if a player does 5 high tackles in 2 years...yes they deserve carry over points. If a player gets three grade 4 strike charges in 3 years then that player deserves carry over points and a harsher penalty.

And the inconsistentcys are so frustrating for supporters and fans imagine how frustrating it gets for players and their clubs. A player gets 2 weeks for a dangerous throw, the next week a player will do the exact same thing and get off free, both players having relatively same past record.

I dont claim to be an expert in rugby league, far from it actually ....but IMO there are parts of the judiciary system that are flawed...i dont know if i have it all wrong, and if i do then please correct me....i know it is a hard job but these guys are payed to do this its their job and it should be fixed.

Steelers
22-05-06, 08:07 PM
It has been a joke..... but now its becoming so MUCH of a joke where its beyond laughable....its now a farce. The system is OBVIOUSLY ****e. The carry over points is stupid....Im a 19 year old League fan and i can see where big problems are, but the NRL cant or wont do anything about it.

Example of what im talking about re: carry over points.

Why does a player who does a head high in 99 get punished when he does a dangerous tackle in 2002? They are 2 totally different things and are 3 years apart.

I can understand if a player does 5 high tackles in 2 years...yes they deserve carry over points. If a player gets three grade 4 strike charges in 3 years then that player deserves carry over points and a harsher penalty.

And the inconsistentcys are so frustrating for supporters and fans imagine how frustrating it gets for players and their clubs. A player gets 2 weeks for a dangerous throw, the next week a player will do the exact same thing and get off free, both players having relatively same past record.

I dont claim to be an expert in rugby league, far from it actually ....but IMO there are parts of the judiciary system that are flawed...i dont know if i have it all wrong, and if i do then please correct me....i know it is a hard job but these guys are payed to do this its their job and it should be fixed.

I can't agree more... they are way too inconsistent and the carry-over points system needs to be either completely changed for the better or completely scrapped.

Super Cronk
23-05-06, 01:33 PM
Foxsports.com.au

BULLDOGS wing Matt Utai has been suspended for two matches for fighting during his side's fiery 32-24 NRL win over the Sharks at Telstra Stadium on Sunday.

Utai was the third player into a 58th-minute altercation between teammate Sonny Bill Williams and Sharks centre Phil Bailey, earning a grade-one contrary conduct charge.

The New Zealand wing entered an early guilty plea, but he was sidelined for two matches due to his 96 carry-over points from previous charges.

Sharks centre Beau Scott meanwhile escaped suspension after pleading guilty to a grade-one dangerous throw charge from the same match.

Steelers
23-05-06, 03:32 PM
See now a dangerous throw IMO is 10x more dangerous than a punch, yet Utai gets 2 weeks and Beau Scott gets off... absolutely ludacris!