PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast goes forward

DIEHARD
21-05-06, 04:54 PM
Obviously the Gold Coast needs some more firepower up front.

So what are our options? Who is off contract?

Let's talk forward power here.

Teegy
21-05-06, 05:03 PM
Tony Grimaldi
Reni Maitua
Nate myles
Dallas McIlwain
Daniel Conn
Ben Czislowski
Jon Green
David Stagg
Terry Martin
Michael Weyman
Lance Thompson
Matt Hilder
Hutch Maiava
Luke Harlen
James Stosic
Clifford Manua
Kylie Leuluai
Nathan Tutt
Mark Bryant
Antonio Kaufusi
Todd Lowrie
Ray Cashmere
Aaron Cannings
Dean Widders
Paul Stringer
Henry Perenara
Adam Peek
Jack Afamasaga
Frank Puletua
Luke swain
Frank Pitchard
Ben Creagh
Ashton Simms
Justin Poore
Michael Henderson
Shane Rigon
Luke Stuart
Manese Manakafoa
Mark Minchiello
Evarn Tuimavave
Epalahame Lauaki
Dene Halatau

thats the off contract forwards (excluding Hookers) list that i have

DIEHARD
21-05-06, 05:09 PM
Players I like.

Nate Myles
David Stagg
Frank Puletua (Isn't he already rumoured to be connected to the Gold Coast?)
Dene Halatau
Dallas Johnson

We need props...

Teegy
21-05-06, 05:14 PM
id take
8)Hutch Maiava
11)Ben Creagh
12)David Stagg
13)Dallas Johnson
Lance Thompson (off Bench for both front and 2nd row)
Ashton Simms (off Bench for both front and 2nd row)
Justin Poore (Bench front Row)
and Aaron Gorrell is also off contract so hed be my Utility off the bench

MonaroMan
21-05-06, 05:32 PM
I've heard rumours about Mark Minichiello and Luke Swain talking with the Titans.

Also Ben Czislowski will be a good addition as a bench player, plays well of the bench and a good young forward that will be a Nathan Hindmarsh of the future.

qld power
21-05-06, 05:33 PM
omg storm hasnt resigned dallas johnston he should be on the to buy list for sure

Coaster
21-05-06, 05:34 PM
Also Ben Czislowski will be a good addition as a bench player, plays well of the bench and a good young forward that will be a Nathan Hindmarsh of the future.

Pfft he might look like him, but thats it!

patskE
21-05-06, 06:00 PM
David Stagg - good tackler
Lance Thompson - workhorse with loads of exp.(i would say sharks will resign him but)
Hutch Maiava - big and strong
Dean Widders - best attack player of the bench
Paul Stringer - loads of exp.
Frank Puletua - good player
Luke swain - workhorse
Frank Pitchard - good player
Ben Creagh - young, goes stirght and hard
Mark Minchiello(may not be the best but does his job)

wouldnt mind any of those

Luke
21-05-06, 06:46 PM
Hutch Maiava - A good big, strong hardworking prop who can make one hell of an impact
Nate Myles - A great young prop
Frank Pritchard - A good go foward back rower
Dene Halatau - A great player can add extra attack power running from dummy half can fill in at Lock, 2nd row, Hookerand in the centres.

lonegull
21-05-06, 07:16 PM
Swain will be a good signing i think he is pretty close Minichello would a great asset real work horse and plays 80 minutes

Titanium_BD1103
22-05-06, 09:01 AM
I've heard rumours about Mark Minichiello and Luke Swain talking with the Titans.

I don't think Ben would be the greatest signing for now... give him another year.. he is still very rough and tries his heart out for our PL side.. but still isn't up to the scratch quality we would like at Canterbury... ;)

If you want someone for a few years time... go with Ben, but if you need a forward for 2007 season, even on the bench.. Benny is not the option IMO..

The Original Idiot
22-05-06, 04:36 PM
As I've said before, Aaron Cannings.

Super Cronk
22-05-06, 04:51 PM
Dallas Johnson actually re-signed with storm for 2 years this year.

Teegy
22-05-06, 04:52 PM
ok thanks SC. i fix that now

Supergoose
22-05-06, 06:43 PM
id take
8)Hutch Maiava
11)Ben Creagh
12)David Stagg
13)Dallas Johnson
Lance Thompson (off Bench for both front and 2nd row)
Ashton Simms (off Bench for both front and 2nd row)
Justin Poore (Bench front Row)
and Aaron Gorrell is also off contract so hed be my Utility off the bench

If the Titans had enough doe to sign Ashton Sims he wouldn't be on the bench behind Maiava. This guy is the real deal and will command big money on the open market. Justin Poore is an okay option but would need to improve discipline in a new side. Disciplined players are a key for a new side as they try to gain the respect of the refereeing fraternity.

Thompson will resign with the Sharks and Johnson has already resigned with Melbourne.

this would be my shortlist from the players mentioned

Reni Maitua
Nate Myles
James Stosic
Mark Bryant
Luke swain
Frank Pitchard
Ben Creagh
Ashton Simms
Justin Poore
Luke Stuart
Evarn Tuimavave
Epalahame Lauaki
Dene Halatau

Teegy
22-05-06, 06:54 PM
If the Titans had enough doe to sign Ashton Sims he wouldn't be on the bench behind Maiava. This guy is the real deal and will command big money on the open market. Justin Poore is an okay option but would need to improve discipline in a new side. Disciplined players are a key for a new side as they try to gain the respect of the refereeing fraternity.

Thompson will resign with the Sharks and Johnson has already resigned with Melbourne.

this would be my shortlist from the players mentioned

Reni Maitua
Nate Myles
James Stosic
Mark Bryant
Luke swain
Frank Pitchard
Ben Creagh
Ashton Simms
Justin Poore
Luke Stuart
Evarn Tuimavave
Epalahame Lauaki
Dene Halatau
Thats a wish list Super Goose and sims is struggling to keep his name in 1st grage ATM with the dragons where Hutch is a awesome front rower

Supergoose
22-05-06, 07:27 PM
Sims had been starring for the Dragons until he got injured a couple of weeks back and is the most promising young prop in the game with Luke Douglas now close behiind him. Maiava is a good prop but is an impact/bench player at best and has nowhere near the skills of Ashton - being a Dragons supporter Teegy I would've thought you'd be in the know about such things ;)

Dakink
22-05-06, 07:46 PM
Sims had been starring for the Dragons until he got injured a couple of weeks back and is the most promising young prop in the game with Luke Douglas now close behiind him. Maiava is a good prop but is an impact/bench player at best and has nowhere near the skills of Ashton - being a Dragons supporter Teegy I would've thought you'd be in the know about such things ;)

Gotta disagree with you there - Ashton has had his moments but overall I would say he has not been as effective as I thought he was going to be...

Teegy
23-05-06, 08:17 AM
i and alot of other Dragons fans at another Dragons Specific Forum all agree that Sims has had some absolute shockers and is beening challanged for his 1st grade spot by Charlie Leano and Danny wicks when Bailey and Ryles return sim will most likely be dropped to Premier League. im a big Sims fan but he isn't playing well enough to be in a class that you are putting him in

Supergoose
23-05-06, 08:39 PM
i and alot of other Dragons fans at another Dragons Specific Forum all agree that Sims has had some absolute shockers and is beening challanged for his 1st grade spot by Charlie Leano and Danny wicks when Bailey and Ryles return sim will most likely be dropped to Premier League. im a big Sims fan but he isn't playing well enough to be in a class that you are putting him in

All I know is I can't stand the Dragons and generally support whoever they are playing against but when I've seen Ashton (which is probably not as regularly as you) he's been superb and I've enjoyed his contributions. He's only 19 or 20 isn't he?

Teegy
23-05-06, 09:00 PM
yes hes only about20 but he wouldn't get a start in any team apart from South. he plays better of the bench. he has the Brillient game once every 5 games this year and last year he was average aswell

brn2bwyld
23-05-06, 09:04 PM
Halatau would be dead set brillinat for any club. Imagine him with dave stagg and maitua in the back row.

Sensational

Teegy
23-05-06, 09:07 PM
Halatau would be dead set brillinat for any club. Imagine him with dave stagg and maitua in the back row.

Sensational
sorry i have to fix that he signed with tigers for another few years. updated offcontract players can be found here http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=3843

patskE
23-05-06, 09:14 PM
good work bro
we need some forwards like stagg/swain
who are just work horse's
then u need a few big boys to take the ball up

Ben Creagh Dean Widders Hutch Maiava David Stagg Mark Minchiello Aaron Gorrell

any of em would be good
dean of the bench is prob one of the best players of it

brn2bwyld
23-05-06, 09:20 PM
I like the look of Afamsunga and Henry Perenara. Both good hard players.

Eel 33
24-05-06, 09:26 AM
Mark Minichello would be a good 80 minute player. Would do his confidence the world of good to be playing in a winning team.

Titanium_BD1103
29-05-06, 12:14 PM
Ok so in The Daily Telegraph today it says that Craig Fitzgibbon is being linked to the GC Titans for 2007...

Yes I know every player is going to be linked to us... but the Question I want to know is where would we play him and do we need him.

He is a good player.. but we have 2 secondrowers and a lock already, and although I would like to have his experience... do you think he'd want to be a bench player... I don't think so.. :(

But what do we all think.. should we go pursue Craig Fitzgibbon for GC in 2007

lonegull
29-05-06, 02:00 PM
fitzgibbon is a great footballer but the money he would command would be huge, dont forget he and john cartwright are close if he did come to the titans i think he would be an asset imagine what he could show some of the juniors, a real champion both on and off the field a real role model for junior footballers go get him

Teegy
29-05-06, 02:24 PM
id get Fitzgibbon if we could. lets face it Swain has been a bench player all of his 1st grade career and odwyer isn't the ideal 1st option for the 2nd row either. Fitz would cap of a good forward pack.

lonegull
29-05-06, 03:16 PM
id get Fitzgibbon if we could. lets face it Swain has been a bench player all of his 1st grade career and odwyer isn't the ideal 1st option for the 2nd row either. Fitz would cap of a good forward pack.

i have to agree with teegy odywer and swain arent proving first graders i think swain will develop into one but odywer i am a little nervous about go get fitzgibbon he would have massive drawing power as well for juniors thinking of coming to the titans

Queenslander
29-05-06, 03:17 PM
In the Sunday Mail yesterday Brad Meyers (Former Bronco player now playing in the English Super League) has been linked to the Titans, and is a possible signing for the club.

Flanker/5-8
29-05-06, 04:44 PM
My local newspaper said today that my fifteen year old cousin has been linked to the Gold Coast for 2007 - as have The Cat In The Hat and Cher.

The Original Idiot
29-05-06, 05:24 PM
I would love to see the Cat in the hat playing lock for the Titans. He is an absolute workhorse, who gets ample metres on most every run. He would complete the forwards.

Chaos
29-05-06, 10:12 PM
I suppose we need to consider balance for the team. If we signed the following three, we'd be laughing.

Ben Creagh for attack
Hutch Maiava for some hardness
Mark Minchiello for defense

Has Fui Fui Moi Moi resigned? He's wasted at Parramatta

Fitzgibon wouldn't be worth the money

Supergoose
29-05-06, 10:26 PM
We definately need some strikepower in the second row and off the bench and for that reason I'd be trying to sign the Cooper brothers Gavin and Dustin. Both are strong ball runners and Gavin is a hard hitting tackling fiend. He's been one of the Cowboys best of late and that's a pretty good pack to be standing out in. Not sure what is happening with Dustin but I think he is learning how to play as a forward in Knights reserve grade but he was a superb runner of the ball with the Storm a couple of years back. I'll throw Marshall Chalk in here again as a utility for the bench as he is playing in the Raiders back row but also can play wing and fullback.

Chaos
29-05-06, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Supergoose]We definately need some strikepower in the second row and off the bench QUOTE]

I definately agree with you Supergoose, the players I mentioned above all have the strikepower your talking about but show it in different ways.
All can hurt the opposition.