PDA

View Full Version : State of origin coverage

Slaytera
21-05-06, 09:39 AM
Channel nine really irks me. We have a game in Victoria this year and again they won't show the game live. It's the same in the other AFL territories. it's at 9:30 it's still primetime but not live. What's the point of having a game down there if they are not going to support it. If it's a deceider it would get 80,000 in NSW, it would be lucky to get 30,000 - 40,000 in melbourne maybe. I bet that if they show the first 2 games live they could get more. Then again if QLD win the first 2 the vics might turn out too.

Queenslander
21-05-06, 09:59 AM
Channel nine really irks me. We have a game in Victoria this year and again they won't show the game live. It's the same in the other AFL territories. it's at 9:30 it's still primetime but not live. What's the point of having a game down there if they are not going to support it. If it's a deceider it would get 80,000 in NSW, it would be lucky to get 30,000 - 40,000 in melbourne maybe. I bet that if they show the first 2 games live they could get more. Then again if QLD win the first 2 the vics might turn out too.

I agree that they should be trying to show the first two games live to get more people to attend the third. However in regards to the third game being televised, I would avoid it being shown live unless the game is sold out. Similar to what channel nine does with their coverage of the cricket. Reports are that the third game has sold over 30,000 tickets already so they are going to get close to a sell out.

..::Coops::..
21-05-06, 05:27 PM
agreed!!!

if you are having a game in Victoria the first 2 games should be shown live!!!!!!! the game won't start till 10pm - who (apart from ex-nsw/ qld ers) are gonna stay up to watch a game of football which isn't there prederred code???

Steelers
21-05-06, 06:47 PM
Similar to what channel nine does with their coverage of the cricket.

NOOOOOO! That is one of the worst rules known to man! I can't stand it when they only show 2 hours of cricket because the game wasn't a sellout... it doesn't encourage me to attend the game it just makes me watch something else on TV!

Queenslander
22-05-06, 09:29 AM
NOOOOOO! That is one of the worst rules known to man! I can't stand it when they only show 2 hours of cricket because the game wasn't a sellout... it doesn't encourage me to attend the game it just makes me watch something else on TV!

It would work if it is applied to State of Origin, especially in Melbourne. If Melbourne are shown the first two games live, and they want more than they will have to go to the game.

Eel 33
22-05-06, 09:42 AM
They might've already sold 30000 seats, but the game MUST be shown live. Channel 9 are stupid for not doing so. MEMO Eddie McGuire, take your gAyFL hat off and get the mexicans watching the SOO. They will watch it, they just won't admit it.