PDA

View Full Version : Hindmarsh, Riddell feud

Super Cronk
10-05-06, 12:19 AM
Dailytelegraph.com.au

THIS is the dramatic image that proves Parramatta is a club in crisis.

As teammates argued and blamed one another for their failings, Parramatta captain Nathan Cayless was forced to intervene.

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/image/hindwide.jpg/hindwide.jpg

This picture from Fox Sports shows Cayless (left) holding back star forward Nathan Hindmarsh after a verbal blow-up with Mark Riddell threatened to escalate out of control.

The ugly incident occurred as Parramatta players huddled behind the goalline in last Saturday night's heavy loss to Canberra at Parramatta Stadium.

Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald last night admitted tension reached flashpoint when players had started to "blame each other".

"I heard there was a bit of a blame-game going around," conceded Fitzgerald. "Nathan Cayless stepped in to try to calm down the situation. He was trying to keep a lid on things.

"After a disappointing display, disagreements happen in the heat of the moment.

"I don't know what was said or who was blaming who.

"But this isn't a time to be arguing ? it's a time to be looking for solutions."

Asked would he speak to the players over the drama, Fitzgerald said: "No. The coach (Brian Smith) can sort that out during the week."

Teegy
10-05-06, 08:35 AM
Its alright piggy. come back home to the Dragons

DeeGan
10-05-06, 08:52 AM
This is getting bad in Eels town - the side is lacking confidence, in house fighting, continued questioning to the CEO about the coach and whether or not he will see out his contract....I would not like to be a Eels fans right about now.

I don't think this is that big a deal, it happens on a football field winning or losing, Hindmarsh was backing up from the Test and it is unlike him to react in this way. Both players would have had a beer and moved on, if anything, they are embarassed to read and see this morning.

Dakink
10-05-06, 11:59 AM
Couldnt happen to a better bunch of blokes - Hang yes it could, Manly, Dogs, Brisbane or the Roosters ;-)

Steelers
10-05-06, 12:01 PM
I don't think this was that big of an incident... would have been heat of the moment stuff. Riddell and Hindmarsh are both jokers off the fiend and probably would have laughed about it afterwards.

Townsville Titan
10-05-06, 03:58 PM
I remember a few years back when Brett Mullins (Canberra star Fullback) pushed his team-mate in fustration, and mullins was charged for illustrating lack of sportsmanship within the team. Its one thing to argue/fight with an opponent, but to fight with a team-mate is pathetic behaviour!! I don't think its a chargeable offence but nonetheless they should be issued with a warning, to cool things down.

Dakink
10-05-06, 04:01 PM
Having said that - I challenge one person here who has played competitive sport to a decent standard to say they have never had a blow up with a team mate. These things happen and both will deal with it off the field too.

I know I have had a blow up with team mates under pressure, then once off the field, sorted it out and nothing has been amiss. I still play with someone who we sometimes get a little fiery at each other at times, yet he is one of my best mates off the field.

Townsville Titan
10-05-06, 04:09 PM
Having said that - I challenge one person here who has played competitive sport to a decent standard to say they have never had a blow up with a team mate. These things happen and both will deal with it off the field too.

I know I have had a blow up with team mates under pressure, then once off the field, sorted it out and nothing has been amiss. I still play with someone who we sometimes get a little fiery at each other at times, yet he is one of my best mates off the field.

Its not too bad if its a junior club or something alike, however, when you're talking professional football things are better kept off camera. I agree, when i was playing footy as a kid i had disagreements with team-mates, but 1, i wasnt getting paid a salary to impress supporters, 2, it wasnt a national team on camera, and 3, i was just a kid.