PDA

View Full Version : Round 10: Raiders vs Sharks

Super Cronk
09-05-06, 04:53 PM
Raiders vs Sharks
Sunday, Canberra Stadium 3:00PM

Referee: Ben Cummins

Team Notes:

Raiders: Phil Graham and Alan Rothery have been added to the side but neither is guaranteed to play this weekend.

Sharks: Sharks will be missing Adamn Dykes who was today told he needed surgery on a ankle injury. Brett Kimmorley is still unavialable but the sharks think he will be right for the round 11 clash with the Doggies.

Raiders

1 Clinton Schifcofske (C)
2 Adrian Purtell
3 Craig Frawley
4 David Howell
5 Adam Mogg
6 Jason Smith
7 Lincoln Withers
8 Andrew Lomu
9 Simon Woolford
10 Troy Thompson
11 Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
12 Jason Croker
13 Alan Tongue

INTERCHANGE
14 Marshall Chalk
15 Ben Jones
16 Michael Hodgson
17 Trevor Thurling
18 Phil Graham
19 Alan Rothery

Sharks

1. Simmons
2. Albert
3. Scott
4. Bailey
5. Covell
6. Vagana
7. Kearney
8. Stosic
9. Kingston
10. Douglas
11. Williams
12. Thompson*
13. Gallen*

14. Maiava
15. Ciraldo
16. Bird
17. Latu

*City vs Country players...may or may not back up.

Townsville Titan
09-05-06, 06:05 PM
Go the Raiders

Steelers
09-05-06, 06:56 PM
Sharks without Dykes and Kimmorley will lose this IMO.

Teegy
09-05-06, 07:06 PM
Raiders should win. Dykes is a big loss

Social Loafer
09-05-06, 07:10 PM
Since when does Canberra get support on this forum? :laugh:

p.s. Deegan, please don't tip us :laugh:

Steelers
09-05-06, 07:11 PM
Since when does Canberra get support on this forum? :laugh:

p.s. Deegan, please don't tip us :laugh:

Since the Sharks are missing their 2 halves :laugh:

Teegy
09-05-06, 07:12 PM
Since they started winning. lol

seriously i thought the Wooden spooners tag was undeserved. i think they can make the 8 IMO

Super Cronk
09-05-06, 07:12 PM
Since the Sharks are missing their 2 halves :laugh:

Spot on!

Ive been saying the raiders will make the 8 this year...couple of times they played like a top 8 team..other times like a wooden spoon team. Hard to pick..but they will win this one.

Dakink
10-05-06, 10:36 AM
Yup - Im leaning to the Raiders too - Would be good to see them get a big crowd down there.

Townsville Titan
10-05-06, 03:16 PM
Sharks without Dykes and Kimmorley will lose this IMO.

LOL... how true!!

There goes their attack!!!

Teegy
11-05-06, 06:19 PM
Raiders v Sharks
Canberra Stadium
Sunday, 3pm
Good recent form makes this a far more attractive proposition than it would have been a month ago.

Form: Canberra led Brisbane 18-0 two weeks ago before being run down, but last Saturday they established a 12-0 lead against Parramatta and went on to win 30-10. The Sharks have stormed into the top eight with successive wins over North Queensland, Penrith and St George Illawarra.

History: Cronulla won 32-26 in Canberra last year, but Sharks? victories in the capital have been rare (three wins in 14 visits).

Danger sign: The Sharks? starts. Cronulla have scored more tries in the first 20 minutes of their matches than any other team and twice as many as the Raiders.

Best Bet? Cronulla have scored the first try in their past three games and in two of three away games. Take a Sharks try as First Scoring Play.

Money-spinner: There?s not likely to be much in it. Take the Sharks at 1-12.

Source: Big League

Capital_Shark
11-05-06, 08:30 PM
Was pretty confident and looking forward to going to this game until a couple hours ago when I found out about Dykes. I think we still have a slight chance though, if anyone can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory its one of these two teams.

Kearney has been doing pretty good for us in the 5/8 spot and should grab this opportunity to be in his more favoured half back position with both hands, Vagana will get more ball in hand at 5/8 is can only be a good thing.

Sharks are gonna miss Dyke's out of blue plays which will make us play alot like Canberra so don't be expecting the game of the season for fancy stuff, it'll be ugly, boring and the winner totally deserving. Also if Thomson and Gallen don't back up from City/Country, Sharks are stuffed.

UP UP CRONULLA!

Teegy
12-05-06, 08:15 AM
i bet Sharks are Regreting leting go of Andrew Dalliana (sp) and Russell Aiten

Super Cronk
14-05-06, 02:38 PM
Spoiler:

Cant believe the raiders!!!! I tip them and they are getting a thumping!!! Everytime i think they are gunna win...they flop.

its 24-6 in the 23rd minute...and covell has missed 3 kicks, so it could be 30-6.

Steelers
14-05-06, 02:39 PM
So much for the Sharks missing Dykes and Kimmorley!

DeeGan
14-05-06, 05:36 PM
Don't start me on the Raiders cronk...I write them off, they win, I tip them, they lose. I would hate to be a Raiders fan putting up with this roller coaster ride :D

Teegy
14-05-06, 05:38 PM
same here deegs. i have 0% tipping with them this year. when i tip them they lose it i tip against them they win.

Social Loafer
14-05-06, 05:51 PM
Don't start me on the Raiders cronk...I write them off, they win, I tip them, they lose. I would hate to be a Raiders fan putting up with this roller coaster ride :D

I don't know what to say.. I can handle losing when we give it our all but todays 1st half was an embarassment.. I wish Elliott took David Howell To Penrith with him.. Dead set I don't care if Phil Graham is returning from injury, he should be in the 1st grade side as much as possible.. For the record Graham scored 4 tries in premier league today..

The Sharks were having so much fun down Purtell and Howells side of defence, we have severe issues down there, it was only when Mogg swicthed to that side in defence when we started containing them..

We did show some ghood fighting spirit to get it back to 30-22, but then a stupid error led to a sharks try and it was game over.. There were a few questionable calls today, but we were the ones making stupid erros and having soft defence..

Our attack is also sh!Thouse, no idea how we scored 28 points, but one thing for sure it is not through good coaching.. People seem to always make excuses for Elliott talking about how he "does the best with what he has" ..
I don't think he does, for some reason he continues to go with his obsession of having 2 hookers and only 1 half in the side.. Smithy is going next year so it would have been a great time to give young blokes like Carney and Zillman good times in the halves.. but instead they are in Premier League, we have the talent to play good attacking football unfortunetly Elliott doesn't seem to know how to bring young halves through.. People might argue againts me, but the results are on the board.. Penrith took a big gamble in signing him \, IMO Penrith will struggle big time next year...

Life as a Raiders Fan... Well you never know what to expect...

p.s.- S.O.S Neil Henry