PDA

View Full Version : Crocker hints at Origin conspiracy

Super Cronk
09-05-06, 05:48 PM
Abc.net.au

Melbourne and Queensland forward Michael Crocker has suggested an Origin conspiracy may have been behind his nine-week suspension for a dangerous tackle that has ruled him out of this year's State of Origin series.

Crocker, one of Queensland's best players in last year's series, today entered an early guilty plea after the Storm was told it would be "wasting its time" fighting the charge.

Crocker said the suspension may not have been as harsh were he wearing a New South Wales sky blue jersey in this year's series.

"I think that's [the suspension] got more to do with Origin but I'll leave it at that," he said.

"People can take it as they want but I'm pretty sure it definitely would have been more interesting if I was in a different jersey."

Are the storm & Crocker exaggerating? or do you think there is a conspiracy?

Titanium_BD1103
09-05-06, 05:52 PM
I really am not sure... depends on which side of the fence you are on... ;)

I don't think that Crocker is being targeted because he is a Queenslander, otherwise the QRL would be down the NRL's throat...

All I know is that Melbourne boss Brian Waldron blew up deluxe today... that was one load and I expect a hefty fine... ;)

Queenslander
09-05-06, 06:06 PM
He is mainly targeted because of his record which isnt that good. Origin conspiracy? nah ;) But I wouldnt put it past NSWRL to do something like it :p

Kallan
09-05-06, 06:41 PM
Definately a conspiracy! No not really, it was a dangerous tackle and the fact he has a bad record just made it a long suspension.

Townsville Titan
09-05-06, 07:42 PM
Conspiracy?? Unlikely...

Queenslander
"He is mainly targeted because of his record which isnt that good. Origin conspiracy? nah But I wouldnt put it past NSWRL to do something like it "

NSWRL doesnt need to rely on Queenslanders not playing... Like the past few years, NSW will flogg'em anyways...

Queenslander
09-05-06, 07:47 PM
Conspiracy?? Unlikely...

Queenslander
"He is mainly targeted because of his record which isnt that good. Origin conspiracy? nah But I wouldnt put it past NSWRL to do something like it "

NSWRL doesnt need to rely on Queenslanders not playing... Like the past few years, NSW will flogg'em anyways...

It was a tongue in check comment...if you actually quoted me correctly you would see this :p which 9.9 times out of ten means that the previous statement is not serious ;)

Townsville Titan
09-05-06, 07:57 PM
It was a tongue in check comment...if you actually quoted me correctly you would see this :p which 9.9 times out of ten means that the previous statement is not serious ;)

Thats ok cos i was joking anyways... i cant honestly tell whos gonna win the S of O, especially without Johnsy playing... that bastard... :p

Steelers
09-05-06, 08:08 PM
...Like the past few years, NSW will flogg'em anyways...

Have a look at your missing list for SOO..... You sure you can win without them?

DeeGan
09-05-06, 09:04 PM
I don't think so, the tackle was pretty ordinary and he has a past history with the judiciary - I don't think it matters at all whether he be a Queenslander or New South Welshmen. I think Crocker is simply disappointed and is frustrated at missing Origin.

Teegy
09-05-06, 09:06 PM
As a QLDer im disapointed with the severity of the penalty but really the tackle got what it deserved

Townsville Titan
09-05-06, 10:42 PM
Have a look at your missing list for SOO..... You sure you can win without them?

Theres still a few weeks yet... who knows, Lockyer could get injured...
That'd be a shame...lol. :laugh: :laugh:

I dunno really, its a close one (even with injuries). NSW selectors have a greater variety of players to choose from so i suppose its no excuse if we do lose... Im a biased NSW fan but not even i would dare to put money on it... flip a coin.
:fence: :fence: :fence:

Steelers
09-05-06, 10:43 PM
Theres still a few weeks yet... who knows, Lockyer could get injured...
That'd be a shame...lol. :laugh: :laugh:

I dunno really, its a close one (even with injuries). NSW selectors have a greater variety of players to choose from so i suppose its no excuse if we do lose... Im a biased NSW fan but not even i would dare to put money on it... flip a coin.
:fence: :fence: :fence:

LOL personally I wouldn't have Lockyer in my side... 6 and 7 would be Thurston and Prince with Bowen at fullback.

DeeGan
09-05-06, 11:19 PM
Darren Lockyer has hit form, he will be the first player picked for Queensland - watch the replay of the games he played in this weekend, he has played himself in to form and match fitness after a long off-season with no playing time.

Townsville Titan
09-05-06, 11:53 PM
LOL personally I wouldn't have Lockyer in my side... 6 and 7 would be Thurston and Prince with Bowen at fullback.

I actually agree with you here. The cowboys are on top of the ladder because of their star Halfback and Fullback. They deserve first pick. Id have Lockyer on bench to replace Thurston, Prince, or Bowen. But hey, im a True-Blue so it doesn't really matter to me.

Teegy
10-05-06, 08:45 AM
Locky is the best QLD player still playing and will always be 1st picked. Prince has been ordinary this year so he will miss out IMO

[BroncosGirl]
10-05-06, 11:42 AM
Darren Lockyer has hit form, he will be the first player picked for Queensland - watch the replay of the games he played in this weekend, he has played himself in to form and match fitness after a long off-season with no playing time.

Totally agree, he's hit some great form and it's still building.

Prince, hasn't been doing much at all this year. Done nothing spectacular.

~Wild Child~
10-05-06, 02:47 PM
I actually agree with you here. The cowboys are on top of the ladder because of their star Halfback and Fullback. They deserve first pick. Id have Lockyer on bench to replace Thurston, Prince, or Bowen. But hey, im a True-Blue so it doesn't really matter to me.TT-Lockyer on bench to replace Thurston,Prince or Bowen"....Not likely...except in your dreams. Lockyer is in a class of his own.As Teggy said,he is number one in {Q}ueensland,Sorry he won't be making your dream come true anytime soon.It's sad to see such disillusioned NSWelshmen,but face it You won't be seeing Lockyer with {b}um on bench any time soon :D

~Wild Child~
10-05-06, 03:01 PM
As a QLDer im disapointed with the severity of the penalty but really the tackle got what it deservedI'm not disappointed at all. He got off lightly...Conspiracy-no. If he thinks otherwise -he is in denial.

Super Cronk
10-05-06, 09:39 PM
Alot of people are saying that its his poor record that is to blame for such a long suspension.

But those people dont actually remember his past charges.

They are as follows:

Rnd 17, 2001 - Striking (grade one) - No suspension

Rnd 16, 2002 - Careless high tackle (grade three) - one week

Rnd 2, 2003 - Striking (grade one) - one week

Rnd 13, 2003 - Careless high tackle (grade one) - one week

Rnd 1, 2004 - Careless high tackle (grade two) - two weeks

Rnd 13, 2004 - Careless high tackle (grade one) - one week

Rnd 8, 2005 - Careless high tackle (grade two) - two weeks

Rnd 18, 2005 - Dangerous throw (grade one) - two weeks

Thats 7 suspensions, yes. But they are nothing major....So to get 9 weeks for a tackle gone wrong is pretty harsh. Im not saying he should be let off free, i think 4-6 weeks was enough. Ive never been a fan of the loading points for charges...why does a player get punished for something he did 4 years ago? Why is he getting loading points from a high tackle when this charge is a dangerous throw?

Then to be told dont bother contesting you have no chance....then IMO the judiciay needs to be changed.

Steelers
10-05-06, 09:45 PM
The judiciary has had many problems for a while now... and I especially hate the loading of points. Remember when Woolford got suspended for god knows how long when he only deserved a couple of weeks?