PDA

View Full Version : Lockyer in the #1

gc_titan_2006
08-05-06, 05:10 PM
Did anyone else notice how well Lockyer took over Hunt's fullback spot when he got injured. I personally like him better in the #1 position, it just fits. He just comes up from no where and strikes. The opposition just don't know what hit them. He scored a few tries on friday night after switching to fullback, and if any of use realise. That's when Australia started to kick into 2nd gear and flew away from the kiwis.

I know it is unlikely but I would love to see Lockyer in a #1 position if its for Broncos, QLD or even Australia. He is just less predictable when in fullback. Up in 5-8 he almost always gets the ball and just does'nt have the impact as if he just comes up from no where and strikes the opposition where it hurts. On the scoreboard.

You may not agree but write your suggestions.

[BroncosGirl]
08-05-06, 05:13 PM
He will never be at fullback for the Broncos, WB has expressed at time and time again. We have quality FB options at the Broncos, but not alot of 5/8 options.

Its a great debate that could go on for ever. I think he's very capable as both. His forum Sunday was fantastic, he rotated a bit though, he was halfback at one stage too, he's just a man of many talents.

But as of Friday night, no one can deny that he had a great game. WHen at FB he scored two tries yes, but one was a fielding a a simple chip kick, most qld cup fb's can do that ;) Also, when the high bomb was put up he coudn't call out to Tahu fast enough.