PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Chalk another possible Titans signing

Queenslander
04-05-06, 02:05 PM
Canberra Raiders winger Marshall Chalk is determined to string "five or six good games" together in a bid to boost his chances of winning a contract with the Gold Coast Titans.

The former Ipswich Jets star says he'd love to return home to sunny Queensland after his contract with Canberra expires at the end of 2006.

Although the Titans are his preferred option, he would be prepared to extend his stay in Canberra if the Raiders came up with the right offer.

Extract from the Queensland Times

Eel 33
04-05-06, 02:11 PM
I think he would need more than 5 or 6 good games. They would need to be outstanding, match winning performances to knock out Clint Greenshields or whoever the coaching staff have in mind for the job.

lonegull
04-05-06, 02:11 PM
dont know to much about marshall have to look up some stats
anyone know what he is like

Queenslander
04-05-06, 02:14 PM
http://www.raiders.com.au/season/greenroom/profiles/chalk/prof06.jpg

Marshall Chalk

DOB: 13 March, 1981, in Boonah, Qld
Position: Wing / fullback
Height: 181cm
Weight: 93kg
Junior Club: Fassifern Bombers
Contract with Raiders: end of 2006
Representative: Nil
Previous Clubs: Nil
FG Debut: Canberra v Roosters, August 22, 2004.

Game Time:
Didn?t start playing league until he was 12. Joined the Ipswich Jets Under 19s when he was 18, but was playing first grade in the Queensland Cup by the end of the season. Spent three years with the Jets, losing a grand final in 2002. He moved to the Raiders in 2003 and was the fullback in Canberra?s Premier League premiership that year. Started 2004 slowly because of a back injury but made his debut late in the season. Shot to attention with four tries against Souths in just his second NRL match.

Fulltime Fun:
A massive cricket fan, he admires Australian wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist ? if he wasn?t playing footy, he?d be working on his parents? dairy and beef cattle farm near Boonah, Queensland ? is teaching himself guitar, so he can join in playing with his father, brother and sister ?spent the recent off-season traveling around Europe. A highlight was the Colosseum in Rome ? was a Brisbane Broncos fan as a kid and his hero was famous Ipswich product Allan Langer.

The Low-down:
Strong at either fullback or wing, his charges when returning the football are fearless.

Stats:
2006 AP. 2 TRIES 0 POINTS 0
RAIDERS AP. 19 TRIES 10 POINTS 40
CAREER AP. 19 TRIES 10 POINTS 40

From raiders.com.au

broncos_cow_girl
04-05-06, 02:16 PM
Go the Boonahites :thumbsup:

Titanium_BD1103
04-05-06, 02:32 PM
I reckon if we want a young winger to back up Carney and Petersen... he isn't too bad a signing... :)

However as far as fullbacks go... I would like to try and get Greenshields first then go for Chalk.. I know he has potential... but I'd rather a tried and tested fullback then someone who is a bit green for our first season.. :D :D

lonegull
04-05-06, 02:59 PM
thanks Queenslander for the info :hi:

Kingytek
04-05-06, 03:37 PM
I have never heard of the Queensland Times!

Queenslander
04-05-06, 05:27 PM
I have never heard of the Queensland Times!

Its a South East Queensland newspaper mainly focused at news out of Ipswich. :thumbsup: www.qt.com.au ;)

patskE
04-05-06, 06:48 PM
he be a good back for the back line, can fill in anywhere, but so can all the locals players i rkn

DeeGan
04-05-06, 06:58 PM
I know Schifty has been pushing Chalk's barrow so he would be bitter sweet to read this.

Marshall Chalk is a talented player and has not let Canberra down when on the field (Schifty will elaborate better than I). I remember when he saw extended action at fullback for the Raiders in 2004 or 2005 and he handled himself admirably making a name for himself outside of Canberra.

A good depth signing as well as a potential fullback at a cheaper price than Mathers and Greenshields who would ask for more than Chalk given his recent experience in grade I am assuming.

Luke
04-05-06, 07:12 PM
He would be a good signing.

The Original Idiot
04-05-06, 07:12 PM
Every side needs a couple of fringe players who can just slot in any backs position. I think David Seage and Chalk should be those guys for us. They both have NRL experience and above all can find their way to the try line.

Supergoose
05-05-06, 12:31 AM
Marshall Chalk is a very strong ball runner and busts tackles regularly, very much in the mold of a Shaun Berrigan. IMO he is better than Seage but for some reason Mat Elliott has a fleet of average wingers and centres playing in front of him at Canberra.

lonegull
05-05-06, 08:13 AM
he sounds good go get him