PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi's are a bunch of hypocrites

DeeGan
03-05-06, 09:40 AM
Kiwis a bunch of hypocrites
By Dean Ritchie
May 3, 2006

AUSTRALIA Ricky Stuart and his angry players last night labelled their New Zealand counterparts hypocrites after it was revealed five members of the Kiwis squad were born in Australia.

The Kangaroos were outraged that New Zealand players and coach Brian McClennan fired barbs at young fullback Karmichael Hunt, who accepted an Australia jumper despite being born across the Tasman.

Kiwis interchange Frank Pritchard was born in Sydney, Brent Webb in Cairns, Jake Webster in Melbourne and Jason and Nathan Cayless in western Sydney.

Pritchard and Webster were particularly vocal in their criticism of Hunt's decision.

"I thought New Zealanders were smarter than that," Stuart said.

"The New Zealanders came out and bagged Karmichael, but five of their players were born right here in Australia. I think it smells of hypocrisy.

"I see Frank Pritchard was fairly heavy on Karmichael this week. I understand Frank was born in Darlinghurst, in the centre of Sydney. Jake Webster also had a shot. He was born in Melbourne.

"Karmichael took the toughest road possible to play at Test level. He could quite easily have taken the softer option and played for New Zealand, but he stood by his convictions and for that, I admire him.

"Karmichael Hunt deserves all the reawrds that come his way. He'll be great for us on Friday night," added Stuart. Kangaroos players have been fired up by New Zealand's criticism of Hunt.

Advertisement:
"You don't hear Aussies slagging off at those blokes (born here and representing New Zealand) for their decisions," forward Willie Mason said.

"You don't see us crying and whinging about them pledging their allegiance. They think they're Kiwis, Karmichael thinks he's an Aussie."

Mason's Bulldogs teammate Mark O'Meley added: "Karmichael has made a decision based on where he started his footy and where he wants to be.

"It's his decision, not anyone else's.

"It's like the Australians who go over there and play for New Zealand, blokes like Webb and Webster.

"We don't give them any stick, so why should Karmichael have to cop this?"

O'Meley said the Kangaroos were determined to protect Hunt, 19, on the field.

"We play as a team and a unit," O'Meley said.

"We all look after each other and it won't be any different on Friday night."

Winger Timana Tahu said: "He's entitled to make his own decision."

Skipper Darren Lockyer said: "If Karmichael feels he's Australian and he wants to play for Australia, then that's his decision.

"You've got to look at the same scenario as Brent Webb for the Kiwis as well."

Nathan Cayless, the Parramatta captain, was named in the New Zealand squad but was yesterday overlooked for a spot among the final 17 men.

Despite New Zealand's Tri-Nations success last year, Australia will start $1.20 favourites at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night with the Kiwis at $4.10 with TAB Sportsbet.

The Daily Telegraph

Great point by Stuart and a great return of serve. We could of carried on like port chops when we lost Brent Webb (QLD'er) who is now entrenched in the NZ fullback position - we chose to wish him the best on his chosen path.

Those who are now converted NZ fans, where do you stand now?

Your supporting a NZ team with an Australian fullback as opposed to a Australian team with a Kiwi fullback? Hmm...

GO AUSTRALIA!

Queenslander
03-05-06, 09:42 AM
Totally off topic, but I wonder if Webb and Hunt will swap jersey's at the end of the game :laugh:

DeeGan
03-05-06, 09:48 AM
Totally off topic, but I wonder if Webb and Hunt will swap jersey's at the end of the game :laugh:

Rumour has it they are swapping teams at half time :D

Dakink
03-05-06, 10:55 AM
Good return there from Stuart - I dont mind Hunt choosing his allegiance - as they say he now has to play there. Same as Webb, Cayless and co - they feel true to the Black jersey and good on them for choosing.

Go_The_Doggies
03-05-06, 01:10 PM
Ricky Stuart obvously doesnt check his facts. As all 5 players have NZ blood..even Webby his grandmother is kiwi...so im told...

Geez ricky stop whinging ffs.

Dakink
03-05-06, 01:12 PM
Ricky Stuart obvously doesnt check his facts. As all 5 players have NZ blood..even Webby his grandmother is kiwi...so im told...

Geez ricky stop whinging ffs.

What difference does that make - all he was saying is that they have Australian born players in their line up - which they do!! Need to take the Black and White glasses off for a sec...

Go_The_Doggies
03-05-06, 01:15 PM
What difference does that make - all he was saying is that they have Australian born players in their line up - which they do!! Need to take the Black and White glasses off for a sec...
Yes but he's also saying we're being hypocrites for wanting to smash khunt, when he has no australian blood, well not as far as i know. Where as yes these players were born in australia they are still New Zealanders, with New Zealand blood...

And im not being bias when i say this either, but i dont see how they're being hypocrites.

Dakink
03-05-06, 01:16 PM
Interestinf read from a net search;

Tuesday April 20, 05:46 AM 2004

Meanwhile, it emerged that Brisbane's Karmichael Hunt wasn't the only player to turn his back on New Zealand, with NZRL chairman Selwyn Pearson confirming he had approached another NRL fullback to find out whether he was available for Friday night's game at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

It's understood that player was Brent Webb, who like Hunt stated his desire to play State of Origin football for Queensland.

Pearson was ropeable, calling on the ARL to allow New Zealanders to play in the Origin series.

"What I am saying is it's undermining the international program," Pearson said.

"I could ring up 100 blokes and they could be eligible for the Kiwis and State of Origin. Why should State of Origin stop them playing for the Kiwis?"

And wasnt Brent Webb an Australian until he went to play for the Warriors?

Lived there for a few years - got citizenshiop and hey presto! He's a fullblooeded kiwi? (I may be wrong - using my world famous memory here)

DeeGan
03-05-06, 01:21 PM
Interestinf read from a net search;

And wasnt Brent Webb an Australian until he went to play for the Warriors?

Lived there for a few years - got citizenshiop and hey presto! He's a fullblooeded kiwi? (I may be wrong - using my world famous memory here)

He was, QLD born and bred qualifying for NZ under the 2yr residency rule. tony Martin is also entertaining the thought of making himself available for NZ.

Dakink
03-05-06, 01:23 PM
Where as yes these players were born in australia they are still New Zealanders, with New Zealand blood...

LOL - Where is the Kiwi blood there?

Teegy
03-05-06, 02:21 PM
This is why im such a firm supporter of where you are born is where you play. it would get rid of all these misunderstandings and aruements

Townsville Titan
03-05-06, 02:30 PM
So true... you cant call yourself a Kiwi and represent Australia... its like George W Bush representing Sadam!!! :D

Social Loafer
03-05-06, 03:12 PM
Difference here is that the "aussies" playing for NZ, probably wouldn't make the Australian team....

Go_The_Doggies
03-05-06, 03:20 PM
LOL - Where is the Kiwi blood there?

The Cayless boys have been brought up in a very passionate kiwi family, most of their family is back living here, their parents are kiwis, so its impossible for them not to have kiwi blood, same with frank pritchard.

Jake Webbster, his father is a kiwi, was brought up a kiwi...webbster always supported the kiwis as a young kid..i see kiwi blood there..

And well webb, im not sure if his grand mother is kiwi *is confused* thats just what i was told...

Go_The_Doggies
03-05-06, 03:23 PM
Its no different to Willie Mason representing australia, he was born in auckland. Or its no different to Hazem playing for australia, he was born in lebenon.

Dakink
03-05-06, 03:27 PM
Its no different to Willie Mason representing australia, he was born in auckland. Or its no different to Hazem playing for australia, he was born in lebenon.

LOL - thats not what they are saying. All Ricky was sayingis that it is a bit rich for the Kiwi's to complain when they have exactly the same scenario in their team.

Go_The_Doggies
03-05-06, 03:33 PM
LOL - thats not what they are saying. All Ricky was sayingis that it is a bit rich for the Kiwi's to complain when they have exactly the same scenario in their team.
Not really, cos the difference is, these boys, well all except webby have kiwi blood in them, their parents are kiwis, they just so happened to be born in australia. Oh and another thing, they're actually proud to play for their country where they were born, unlike...others:p.

*sigh* im so over all this crap now, just let the boy play for australia, everyone knows he shall get it when he plays on friday, let him warm up for the game in peace.

:happy:

Dakink
03-05-06, 03:36 PM
They are still hypocrites... :hi:

Go_The_Doggies
03-05-06, 03:45 PM
They are still hypocrites... :hi:
Think what you like :p

Lol

Im tired of hearing karmichael's name tbh..its everywhere...when i go to sleep, when i wake up, when im at school..well only when im at school cos im thinking how smashed he is going to get :laugh:

DeeGan
03-05-06, 03:46 PM
I think we need the definition of the word HYPOCRITE made clear :laugh:

Dakink
03-05-06, 03:52 PM
Well not exactly what I expected to read.

hypocrite
One entry found for hypocrite.
Main Entry: hyp?o?crite
Pronunciation: 'hi-p&-"krit
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Old French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritEs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
- hypocrite adjective

Going by that they arent exactly hypocrites - more pots calling the kettle black.

Townsville Titan
03-05-06, 03:55 PM
I think we need the definition of the word HYPOCRITE made clear :laugh:

..Either that or the definition or a Kiwi.
If they're born in Australia then id consider them Australian.
I have German blood in me... doesnt mean im a Nazi...
I was born ere so im an Australian...

Coaster
03-05-06, 05:03 PM
Yeah but if you were born on a plane it doesnt make you a Qantas!

Townsville Titan
03-05-06, 05:12 PM
Yeah but if you were born on a plane it doesnt make you a Qantas!

Which countries Air-space was the plane when the baby was born?? Theres your answer Coaster...

Steelers
03-05-06, 05:27 PM
But what if you were born while your parents were on holidays in France or something?

Queenslander
03-05-06, 05:34 PM
But what if you were born while your parents were on holidays in France or something?

Bad luck ;) But you can always transfer your citizenship, and when you are really young its pretty easy I assume.

Townsville Titan
03-05-06, 05:34 PM

Doesnt matter. The parents are aware of THEIR origin, its about the baby when born... where it was born.... and for mine.. concludes what nationality it is...where it is registered as a person.

Chaos
03-05-06, 06:35 PM
Not really, cos the difference is, these boys, well all except webby have kiwi blood in them, their parents are kiwis, they just so happened to be born in australia. Oh and another thing, they're actually proud to play for their country where they were born, unlike...others

:happy:

Go the Doggies,

I feel like getting stuck into to you because you are a Kiwi and it's the season to bag you guys but your the only one talking sense.

If you have a long blood line full of Kiwi blood, born in Australia but raised with Kiwi values...surely you class yourself as a Kiwi.

..::Coops::..
04-05-06, 08:26 AM
i think it is up to the indvidual. cos i hve two friends, one was born in australia and lived here all her life but both her paretns are new zealanders, but sehh calls herself an australian.

but anotheh friend, who was born in new zealnd (one parent is aus ) and lived thhere only just over a year calls herself qiwi

some people say whhere they born other say cos of their parenting

RIP
04-05-06, 04:26 PM
Amen ..::Coops::.. I'm an Ozzie but I go for The kiwi's Big deal. I've been to NZ for 2 week Lovely place. 2 of my bro's r kiwi they don't care who i go for my other 2 bro's r Ozzies & they hate me going for the kiwi's. It's your chose. My mate Played Lots of footy in QLD & was born Here But played in the storms rep team & he want's to play for NSW. We might not talk to each other when it's origin time But were still friend a the end of the day

Coaster
04-05-06, 05:01 PM
Amen ..::Coops::.. I'm an Ozzie but I go for The kiwi's Big deal. I've been to NZ for 2 week Lovely place.

I hope you are 14yrs or under.

Otherwise you should be ashamed

RIP
04-05-06, 05:26 PM
NOT at all mate. we are not people who make there own choice. People do speed & herion. My choice is not to do those thing yet You Judge Me & say I should be Ashamed!!!!!!!. I have pity for people Like you

Coaster
04-05-06, 05:55 PM
we are not people who make there own choice. People do speed & herion.
:lol!: :lol!: :rotflmao:

Go_The_Doggies
04-05-06, 06:17 PM
Go the Doggies,

I feel like getting stuck into to you because you are a Kiwi and it's the season to bag you guys but your the only one talking sense.

If you have a long blood line full of Kiwi blood, born in Australia but raised with Kiwi values...surely you class yourself as a Kiwi.
My thoughts exactly....

Oh and thanks for not having a go at me :D

[BroncosGirl]
04-05-06, 06:27 PM
I dont think it should come down to where you are born, not at all.

I think it just comes down to what is important to you, if you have pride in y our country, if you reside in your country, if you have citizenship, and respect your country, it is your country.

Whose to say K doesn't fit all them. He does. Yes he was in Nz till he was 12 or what, but he spent highschool here, very important years, he started his senior footy here, which is very important.

If Hunt wants to call Australia home, let it be.

Go_The_Doggies
04-05-06, 06:29 PM
Personally, im over it..

I just dont like khunt, and the fact that he doesnt wanna play for us :p :lol!: .

tbh if i was benji id feel highly upset, as benjimia has tried to get him to play for NZ for a long time now.

Ohwell...we dont want him..tbh we dont want players who dont want to play for us :satan: