PDA

View Full Version : Geyer's thoughts on Titans!

Kingytek
28-04-06, 10:43 AM
A little publicity, better then none I guess....

Geyer likes Titans� look
http://www.tweednews.com.au/localsport/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3681980&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

By HUGH KEARNEY

LEAGUE tough man Mark Geyer said yesterday the new Gold Coast Titans NRL franchise should be realistic about their chances in the first year of competition.

Geyer, a former Penrith, NSW and Australian player is coming to Coolangatta tomorrow to speak at a Legends of Sport afternoon at the Coolangatta Hotel at 3pm.

The league hard man said the Titans had made some smart player purchases but they were going into a tough competition.

"Realistically, over 26 rounds, if I was in their boots I would aim at winning half my home games," Geyer said.

"They have some really good talent in Luke Bailey and Scott Prince, and I'm very impressed they picked up Anthony Laffranchi," he said.

"Probably their biggest buy was Billy Johnson, the conditioner. He is much sought-after, and how they enticed him away from the Cowboys I'll never know. Maybe it's because he was captain of the original Gold Coast team the Giants way back in 1988, I'm not sure, but he will have them fit," Geyer said.

patskE
28-04-06, 11:13 AM
if i was the titans, i would look to win 50% of their games
i am predicting a hard 1st half of the season, tehn some player will do something magic(prob pestro) and get a win for em and then that sparks it

Super Cronk
28-04-06, 11:16 AM
If they make the 8 then they can be extremely happy IMO. Good team (so far) but it will take time for players to gel, so anything above 9 would be awesome for the club.

lonegull
28-04-06, 01:39 PM
the management team has got a 3 year plan so we cant hope to win the premiereship in year one the first years i think the titans problems will be depth in the club but good things take time

Eel 33
01-05-06, 10:32 AM
They should be able to win most of the home games and chalk up a few away from home as well. We'll just wait and see what happens big fella.

DeeGan
01-05-06, 06:02 PM
I am not expecting the finals in our first year, not even entertaining the thought, I am more concerned with being competitive at home as MG suggests as well as show we can win games on the road.

2007 I see mid-table as being achievable and by all means a big pass mark for the team.

More later once the team is finalised :D

Chaos
01-05-06, 06:25 PM
Winning most of our home games could be a goal...making the semis could be a stretched goal....but winning the comp first year would have to be the dream.

Eel 33
02-05-06, 10:21 AM
but winning the comp first year would have to be the dream.

Total fairytale that not even a pipedream could see. Totally unrealistic, no matter how good the playing roster is.

SuperCliffy#01
02-05-06, 12:27 PM
Before anyone has a wet dream over getting into the top eight, you have to win your first game, even if you/we dont win any of our games at least be competative.cya.

Chaos
02-05-06, 09:07 PM
Total fairytale that not even a pipedream could see. Totally unrealistic, no matter how good the playing roster is.

That's the attitude of an Eel....not a Titan!