PDA

View Full Version : Titan centres!!!

slinky
25-04-06, 01:41 PM
Who do you think should be the two titan centres for next season

Teegy
25-04-06, 02:03 PM
Do people read older Threads before posting. but agina i think the Tonga and Hanney would be ideal but realistically i would have tonga or Hanney with Nat Barne from Tweed Heads

The Original Idiot
25-04-06, 02:37 PM
Nat Barnes plays winger.

slinky
25-04-06, 02:59 PM
Im sorry bout the sig, I didn't know. I just wanted to advertise my new site.

patskE
25-04-06, 06:09 PM
i agree with teegy
hanny and tonga, both young, tonga can beat most other centre's 1 on 1 and hanny is a solid center, with the ability to kick

Teegy
25-04-06, 06:09 PM
Nat Barnes plays winger.
Ive also seen him play centre and other wingers have made the switch to centre (Matt Cooper and Gasnier as big examples)

DeeGan
25-04-06, 09:31 PM
Who knows.

I would be looking at; Brett Delaney, Willie Tonga, Josh Hannay, Mick Devere as a starting point.

patskE
26-04-06, 03:05 PM
if i was on the titan board, i would go after tonga the most, as if you look at those 4, his the one that stands out. reminds me of gaz i rkn, can beat anyone 1 on 1. then one of thsoe other 3 would be fine, they are solid. it be like the dragons, gaz/tonga as teh attacking force, and then cooper/insert whoever here is the allrounder
which works well

but yeh, try get tonga 1st i say

Dakink
26-04-06, 03:13 PM
Out of the four listed there, I would lean to Tonga and Hannay, they would prbably be the most expensive but have the most to offer. Despite both being in average form, a change of address would be helpful I think. After that, De Vere would be a close third, always been a fan of his work ethic. LAstly Delaney, a young bloke with a future, hough he hasnt been that impressive in an ordinary Eels team.

patskE
26-04-06, 03:21 PM
i agree with dakink
a fresh start is wat the docter order for tonga i rkn
i rkn him and then delaney, solid kid, just needs the right training, and just so save some money so u can offered to get tonga, but tonga for sure(if he is asking for alot, u can always get a kid from the local grades to play wing/centre to save money to make room for tonga :D)

Bradford_Bully
27-04-06, 07:00 AM
I don't think you will be wanting De Vere, having watched him V Wigan at the weekend, he looks like he has nothing to offer. Good in the tackle but nowhere to be seen in attack, and this is against a 18 yr old centre playing in an 'inferior' league and against a bottom of the table team.

I like Tonga, fantastic player, and still not too late to rescue Gasnier from the clutches of kick and clap :hmm:

Eel 33
27-04-06, 09:24 AM
Tonga if you can beat off the QLD Reds, Hannay for his size and boot, Delaney for a young bloke who can be moulded by the coach, but De Vere is last prob because there's probably local juniors who would be a better pick than De Vere. Eg: Nat Barnes.

patskE
27-04-06, 11:12 AM
the titans just want him casue of how his done in the NRL before
but i feel his just to burnt out
were as tonga is down on form, but just needs a new start i feel
waste most ur money on tonga
then see if u got enoguh for hanny if not, ehtier go with delaney, who u can shape and mould into a talented footballer or go for one of the local jnr's who u can do the same thing to

Dakink
27-04-06, 11:20 AM
the titans just want him casue of how his done in the NRL before
but i feel his just to burnt out
were as tonga is down on form, but just needs a new start i feel
waste most ur money on tonga
then see if u got enoguh for hanny if not, ehtier go with delaney, who u can shape and mould into a talented footballer or go for one of the local jnr's who u can do the same thing to

God thats difficult to read...

patskE
27-04-06, 11:22 AM
ahaha yeh
i havea habbit of not reading what i write :D
+ iam in firefox, need to use internet exploxer casue i got google spell check on it :P

Dakink
27-04-06, 11:23 AM
Firefox is better - bugger IE stick to Firefox.

The Original Idiot
27-04-06, 04:29 PM
^
Why? What's the difference

gc_titan_2006
27-04-06, 06:25 PM
I would like to see De'vere in the titans jersey next year, he just just such a great player and will bring so much to the club with his goal kicking.

The Original Idiot
27-04-06, 07:27 PM
Tonga and Nat Barnes sounds good to me. Unless Burleigh start scoring again like they used to! (God I wish Burleigh would go back to the top!)

Flanker/5-8
27-04-06, 08:36 PM
Could also be looking at Phil Graham.

lonegull
28-04-06, 02:44 PM
watched devere in the super league the other day didnt do a real lot and i have to go with Deegen on this one Brett delaney is a quality youngster he is a player of the future tonga will go to union

patskE
30-04-06, 06:41 PM
watching eels vs manly, found of deleany is a real sharp shooter with the boot
better then hanny/pesto
would come cheaper and is younger and u can shape him
tong and deleany ftw!

Blunt_Beno
30-04-06, 07:02 PM
watched devere in the super league the other day didnt do a real lot and i have to go with Deegen on this one Brett delaney is a quality youngster he is a player of the future tonga will go to union

id put money on it tonga wont go to union. other than at school he has never played union.

willie tonga would be my priority signing for the centres. he is someone who is going to be around the top level of the game for a long time IMO

dan the man
30-04-06, 07:45 PM
delaney is not a flambouyant centre... but very solid in defence.. if you were to get a break down on tries scored on his side of the field opposed to tahu and grothe you would be very suprised... delaney is good because he can play centre... 5/8 .. lock and in the back row... and man he can kick.. he missed his first two in the season due to nerves..but has kicked his last 11 from 11... delaney is a solid player.. a good match with tonga.. tonga for the attack and delaney for the defence and kicking no doubt

lonegull
01-05-06, 08:51 AM
Tonga will go to the cowboys mark my word

patskE
01-05-06, 01:31 PM
i agree with ya dan_the_man
look at dragons, gaz for attack, copper for defeance
tonga has that flare/spark that hanny and others dont offer

gc_titan_2006
08-05-06, 04:59 PM
I would personally like to see someone who is good with the boot, such as Hannay or even Brett Delaney he isn't to bad himself.

patskE
08-05-06, 05:27 PM
deleany will come cheaper, and going by this season and stuff, hi goal kicking % is way better

[BroncosGirl]
08-05-06, 05:32 PM
I would personally like to see someone who is good with the boot, such as Hannay or even Brett Delaney he isn't to bad himself.

I think DeVere would be a great assett to the Titans, he's a solid centre and a handy goal kicker. BUt as most of mentioned Tonga and Hannay wouldn't look out of place in a Titans jersey either. I think they need a player like Tonga, who can create oppurtunties themselves and can link up with their winger well.

patskE
08-05-06, 06:47 PM
tonga and deleany are the pair to go for i rkn, been saying it for a while
deleany will come cheaper then chips but is still a solid player and has a future whcih is limited with parramatta due to tahu and ben smith
tonga has the ability to beat players 1on1 which is needed

know it all
19-05-06, 06:33 AM
what about brent grose? been watching him in the uk, played opposite lyon on the weekend and out played him hands down. warrington wolves player of the year last year.

patskE
19-05-06, 03:31 PM
Meanwhile, Reds coach Eddie Jones has been trying to set up a face-to-face meeting with Tonga, who reportedly is homesick after spending five years in Sydney, two with Parramatta and three with the Bulldogs.
i rkn tonga should be one of the titans centers, and use the same plan as u got scott prince, saying its in qld and stuff, near family
tonga is the one center we need who has that attacking flare

brn2bwyld
19-05-06, 04:30 PM
Tonga hasnt been the same since that injury last year. IMO De Vere and Hannay. Might be a bit lacking in attack but they will do the job. Also gives them depth in kicking. Dont think Delaney is the right way 2 go bu then again he might come good

Supergoose
19-05-06, 07:08 PM
Tonga hasnt been the same since that injury last year. IMO De Vere and Hannay. Might be a bit lacking in attack but they will do the job. Also gives them depth in kicking. Dont think Delaney is the right way 2 go bu then again he might come good

Too much of the amber stuff for brn2bwyld. The Titans willl want centres that people actually want to pay money to see and neither De Vere or Hannay are those players. Tonga is and he has been getting better every game since coming back from injury and would've made the SOO side had he not been suspended IMO.

brn2bwyld
20-05-06, 12:10 PM
Tonga looks set to go to Reds anyway. Maybe Clint Greenshiedls in the Cenres? Maeshall Chalk? Thought about maybe just having Dever who is quicker than Hannay and will bring experience to da side

Titanium_BD1103
20-05-06, 12:13 PM
Nah... don't expect Tonga to head to Union... the people I was talking to on Friday who are close to the Bulldogs... said that he will either be staying at Belmore or headed to North Queensland... ;)

I think maybe go for Greenshields.. or perhaps more likely another centre off contract with some experience...:)

patskE
20-05-06, 01:31 PM
depends on peachy, greenshields had a good game last week, new when to come up to the line, got good footwork aswell, mayeb sign him as a player who plays anywhere

The Original Idiot
20-05-06, 05:56 PM
Maybe we should turn him into an 'everywhere' backliner a la Graham Appo.
God that would be useful.

Teegy
20-05-06, 06:08 PM
well Greenshields can play every where from Fullback to half. id say hed also be a Hooker if needed since most halves can play hooker

The Original Idiot
20-05-06, 06:09 PM
So when has he played centre/wing?

Teegy
20-05-06, 06:11 PM
He has been listed as a Utility Back. he played Wing on the weekend as a fill-in for Cooper

The Original Idiot
20-05-06, 06:14 PM
Utility does not necessarily mean he can match it with top centres. Would you put Craig Wing into the centres directly opposite Mark Gasnier?

Teegy
20-05-06, 06:17 PM
no but thats why he doesn't play their every week. i said he could play it. not that hed be a superstar their. and craig wing has actually played centre for Australia so thats a bad example

The Original Idiot
20-05-06, 06:22 PM
no but thats why he doesn't play their every week
Which is why I'm saying we could train him to be able to do that.

Dakink
20-05-06, 06:59 PM

To the best of my knowledge he has played all positions in the back line before - but Ill try and get cofirmation of that...

Teegy
20-05-06, 07:00 PM
He has Dakink.

Eel 33
22-05-06, 09:35 AM
What about the McDougall brothers??? Apparently they are looking to be packaged together to get out of Souths. 2 of the stronger runners going around, when injury free.

Supergoose
22-05-06, 07:18 PM
Centres - Willie Tonga, Jake Webster, Marshall Chalk, Adam MacDougall, Luke MacDougall
I'd have all of these blokes before taking Delaney or Hannay. I reckon you pick blokes who can score tries and then worry about your kicker. Preston goes alright with the boot as does Prince so why are we all harping on about a sharp shooter. You might get Delaney for your pack but he seems too slow for the centres. With the players in my list you get excellent centres with the ability to play numerous other positions in the backline as well. Add Steve Turner to that list and lock it in Eddie. Doubt Tonga will be a go though. Also heard that Gavin and Dustin Cooper are looking for a package deal now that would sure up the backline and some big running forward spots. They may even be a better bargain than the MacDougall's although I think Luke is destined for big things soon.

The Original Idiot
27-05-06, 06:20 PM
I was looking at the Wikipedia Titans page, and Willie Tonga is listed as signed for the next 3 seasons. Is this some idiot (probably a cousin of mine) writing a hoax or a prelude to his signing?

Titanium_BD1103
27-05-06, 06:40 PM
Nah its some idiot...Tonga is either going to stay at the Bulldogs or go to the Western Force... he has said so and those close to the club think so... although the media thinks he is going to North Queensland... but I think that is a distant third ATM.. ;)

Time to get those cousins back in line mate... we can't have stuff like that running around.. next people will really think the sky is falling.. :laugh::laugh:

Luke
27-05-06, 07:59 PM
I think Jake Webster would be a great centre for the Titans and he can also play winger aswell.

patskE
28-05-06, 01:02 PM
dont u mean reds?
i hear he is home sick an wants to go back to qld
webster would be a good signing aswell

Slaytera
29-05-06, 09:12 AM
I read on wikipedia that the Titans signed Willie Tonga for 3 seasons.
Although Wiki is pretty unreliable.

Kingytek
29-05-06, 11:19 AM
I'd hardly trust Wikipaedia over Titan Managment and the Anti Tampering Law

The Original Idiot
29-05-06, 04:24 PM
I read on wikipedia that the Titans signed Willie Tonga for 3 seasons.
Although Wiki is pretty unreliable.
Goddamn it, do you mind reading whats going on 3 posts above you?

Chaos
29-05-06, 10:32 PM
Centres - Willie Tonga, Jake Webster, Marshall Chalk, Adam MacDougall, Luke MacDougall
I'd have all of these blokes before taking Delaney or Hannay. I reckon you pick blokes who can score tries and then worry about your kicker. Preston goes alright with the boot as does Prince so why are we all harping on about a sharp shooter.

I'm with you Supergoose,
We have enough kicking ability and now we should spend our money on some attack,
Willy Tonga would be my first choice...he's playing outside a team that keeps changing thier halves and a **** hooker. Just hasn't the opportunities to shine since his injury.

I'm also a big fan of the Dougall brothers and a big fan of buying packages.
Two brothers together would be great.
Titans want to sign the person before the player...well...the Dougall's are the pick...top blokes!

novacastrian_panther
30-05-06, 01:31 PM
I would buy Hannay and De Vere as first choice. I would also grab an up-and-coming centre, say Chalk. After that I would get one of the centres in the Bears, Seagulls or Jets.

lonegull
30-05-06, 02:48 PM
from reports out of england de vere isnt going to crash hot i think tonga is the go but with a hefty price tag

piXie
30-05-06, 04:11 PM
Get Hannay outta QLD Cup and into the Titans! He is a brilliant player who has just had a bad run with injury/form lately.

patskE
30-05-06, 04:12 PM
Get Hannay outta QLD Cup and into the Titans! He is a brilliant player who has just had a bad run with injury/form lately.
tbh i never have rated him and for most of the time he was in the cowboys cause he was there only decent kicker i rkn
get someone new/exticing i rkn

The Original Idiot
30-05-06, 04:25 PM
A more expensive option is 'Canes centre Ma'a Nonu from Super 14. He has stated he wants to play NRL, and although he would command a hefty price tag, anyone who is good enough to play opposite Tana Umaga is good enough for the Titans in my book. We are still well under the cap (to my knowledge anyway) so we should consider taking a stab with this bloke.

patskE
30-05-06, 04:36 PM
ohhhh sounds good

Teegy
30-05-06, 05:07 PM
we dont need a union player.

[BroncosGirl]
30-05-06, 06:02 PM
we dont need a union player.

Agreed. We've been *****ing enough about they steal our players too, then we go steal theirs. Besides, theres plenty more to choose from.

patskE
30-05-06, 07:16 PM
still, he might add something different, he might'd be the nrl style center, might play likes it union, a bit different whcih other teams will find hard to cope with, i dont know
anyway go for tonga and webstar/that other d00d from melb who plays wing/fullback or deleany i rkn all young and penlty of time to tune em up

Flanker/5-8
30-05-06, 08:09 PM
patskE, your posts make my eyes bleed.

I'd like to see Phil Graham in a Titans jersey, and I don't know when his contract ends but Rod Jensen would be awesome off the bench and can cover a number of positions. Also, John Sutton from the Souths would be brilliant with any other club.

We need a bigger salary cap.

patskE
31-05-06, 03:39 PM
i luv rocket jensen ever since he ran down some winger to save a try, good impact player who can play anywere

Supergoose
31-05-06, 09:47 PM
According to Rugby League Week - one of the centres will be Jake Webster and with Clint Greenshields also likely it may mean a switch for Richie Mathers into the centres?

patskE
31-05-06, 10:36 PM
well teegy i think said greenshields has played everywhere in the backline, so maybe he will slot him, never know, or maybe green on the wing for peterson
but ohh jake webster looks promising

Teegy
01-06-06, 10:58 AM
Greensheilds could play centre but i havent seen him their to often. he perfers FB or 5/8. apperantly Mathers plays all over the backline aswell. also i see alot talkin about webster. hes a winger. hes only filling in at centre

patskE
01-06-06, 04:06 PM
still, him > peterson i rkn

"Melbourne was keen to talk with Walker after negotiations with its off-contract New Zealand star Jake Webster stalled."

just found that on news.com.au
is he stalling to get an offer from the titans u rkn?

The Original Idiot
01-06-06, 06:09 PM
also i see alot talkin about webster. hes a winger. hes only filling in at centre
I heard somewhere that centre was his favoured position, but cronk is more well-informed on the matter.

Teegy
01-06-06, 06:57 PM
I heard somewhere that centre was his favoured position, but cronk is more well-informed on the matter.
might be but it still doenst show hed be real good at it fulltime. im a front rower but i like half back. coach still aint going to let me play their

patskE
02-06-06, 01:33 PM
i read in paper 2day that adam macdougall will ethier join the titans or some english club
tbh i wouldnt mind seeing him in the titans, if his good enoguh to make city country in a team that hasnt won a game, imagine wat he can do behind prince and a forward pack that goes forward
interesting to see how luke will do in the centers, maybe these 2 are the center combo we are looking for, or put them on the same side, wing center so they have a great combo

lonegull
02-06-06, 01:59 PM
Adam has got the best track record of the field and thats what the management look at also i think he is injury prone no good spending big dollars to be sitting on the side line

Teegy
02-06-06, 02:04 PM
Adam would be a terrible signing. hes injury prone and shows that he not good uneless the team lays to his likeing. let himgo. their some good players in the QLD if we are that desperate for centres

patskE
02-06-06, 02:52 PM
thats y i think u should get him, i rkn he be very cheap i rkn

Teegy
02-06-06, 03:04 PM
thats y i think u should get him, i rkn he be very cheap i rkn
doesn't matter how cheap. he isn't worth the waste of that money. he will want heap anyway

patskE
03-06-06, 07:25 PM
watching melb vs rooster
just an comment on webstar, he looks/plays more like an winger then a center, sorta looks out of place
also tuner would be a good signing aswell

Teegy
03-06-06, 07:50 PM
watching melb vs rooster
just an comment on webstar, he looks/plays more like an winger then a center, sorta looks out of place
also tuner would be a good signing aswell
Thats proberly because webster is normally a winger

Gonzalez
07-06-06, 03:38 PM
Josh Hannay, Michael De Vere (If he comes back)

Kingytek
07-06-06, 03:54 PM
Im keen on Jake Webster playing for the Titans!

Gonzalez
07-06-06, 03:55 PM
^^ Yeah, he could be a asset. Good player.

Teegy
07-06-06, 03:58 PM
i dont think titans need webster. we already have peterson and carney with barnes and more in QLD cup playing for our feeder sides. Websters not a centre

Dakink
07-06-06, 04:31 PM
I would love for the Titans to sign Webster - he is young and talented.

No reason he couldnt be trained into a centre....

Matty Cooper started as a winger too...

Teegy
07-06-06, 05:14 PM
in 1st grade he did but all his PL games he was a Centre. he unlike webster he played wing to just make the team until he could go to his favoured position

The Original Idiot
07-06-06, 05:39 PM
It may seem a little strange to you, Teegy, but many players can adapt to different positions if given a chance. Tahu and Gasnier are recent examples, though I don't know the details so they might not be very good examples.

BTW- Congrats on 4000 posts.

Teegy
07-06-06, 05:43 PM
yes player can change and Gaz isn't a good example. but why risk it with a new club when teir are some quality centres out their on the market

The Original Idiot
07-06-06, 05:45 PM
Okay, who apart from Tonga, Hannay and De Vere?

Teegy
07-06-06, 06:05 PM
Jermaine Ale
Bronx Goodwin
Nigel Vagana
Beau Scott
Ashley Alberts
George Carmont
Brett Delaney
Danny Galea
Adam MacDougall
Luke MacDougall
Ryan Cross
Shane elford

and that not including any ESL players

The Original Idiot
07-06-06, 06:17 PM
From that list, Vagana, Carmont and Cross are the only ones worth taking. Somehow I don't think any of them could be persuaded to come here.

Teegy
07-06-06, 06:20 PM
From that list, Vagana, Carmont and Cross are the only ones worth taking. Somehow I don't think any of them could be persuaded to come here.
you cant sign a team full of internationals. you have to sign up and comers to be sucessful. look at the tigers as an example

Chaos
07-06-06, 10:06 PM
Surely the Dougall brothers could be persuded out of the Rabbits outfit.

Luke is an 'up and comer'
Adam is hitting his career peak

Blunt_Beno
08-06-06, 12:09 AM
Bronx Goodwin is a good player. also i reckon greg bird could play in the centres. Matt ballin is a good up and comer, and as like cooper from the cowboys, can play both in the centres and the backline if need be. Luke mcdougall would be a good buy, although id rather see him on the wing and perhaps carney moved into the centres.

The Original Idiot
08-06-06, 04:26 PM
you cant sign a team full of internationals. you have to sign up and comers to be sucessful. look at the tigers as an example
But you need at least one good quality centre. I am talking about ONE centre spot as opposed to a whole team. Who do you suggest we sign then Teegy?

Teegy
08-06-06, 05:03 PM
i would sign Josh hanney for one centre spot and Brett Delaney for my spots. players that can defend aswell as put their winger away aposed to them selves. if i couldn't get delaney then ive heard really good things about Bronx Goodwin

patskE
08-06-06, 05:19 PM
delaney is/can be a great center with the right coaching i rkn

Flanker/5-8
08-06-06, 05:50 PM
Bronx Goodwin is a god. I hope he has five million babies so as to preserve his godliness.

Teegy
08-06-06, 06:34 PM
Bronx Goodwin is a god. I hope he has five million babies so as to preserve his godliness.
so im quessing you have big raps on him

The Original Idiot
08-06-06, 07:40 PM
^
I thought that was pretty obvious.

I am yet to be convinced that Brett Delaney has the makings of a good centre, but I haven't seen him play very often. I haven't seen Bronx goodwin play at all.

Luke
08-06-06, 08:19 PM
Bronx or Bryson would be great signings they have the potential to be great players.

Teegy
08-06-06, 08:23 PM
Bronx or Bryson would be great signings they have the potential to be great players.
i think Bryson is uder contract to the dragons ATM. but Bronx is available so hed be a awesome signing.

Blunt_Beno
09-06-06, 10:55 AM
I played one season with bronx while i was in perth, he was playing at hooker then. so not to sure what he is like as a centre, but he has incredible talent and a big heart. Im sure he would excel pretty much anywhere he was givin the oportunity, with the right coaching of course.

RIP
09-06-06, 11:29 AM
Gav Cooper He's one we need 196 cm tall & 104 kg Very good in defence & not afraid of the try line

novacastrian_panther
09-06-06, 04:18 PM
he is dustins cooper if my memory serves me rite?

Teegy
09-06-06, 04:22 PM
he is dustins cooper if my memory serves me rite?
no theirs Gav and Dustin. Gav plays for the cowboys

Albatross
09-06-06, 04:47 PM
Yep. Gavin & Dustin would be excellent additions to the club, if you could get them together in some sort of package deal. Both are big boys, but are very fast and mobile. At 21 yrs old, Gavin has slipped into first grade effortlessly and forced his way into the Cowboys backrow ahead of Webb & Southern. His brother Dustin is just as good, but would make an excellent centre for the Titans.

The club should also chase the other off-contract pairing the MacDougall bros. Adam is back to his best, Luke is a future star. Put them both on the same side of the field in the backline and watch them carve up other teams.

1. Richard Mathers
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Dustin Cooper
4. Adam McDougall
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Frank Puletua
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Luke O'Dwyer

Thats a very strong starting 13. Then sign up someone like Justin Poore and you have the makings of a dynamite bench.

15. Luke Swain
16. Justin Poore
17. Brad Myers

Maybe in the off season you could turn Peterson into a bench utility or something and he can wear the #14 jumper. IMO he is probably the clubs weakest signing and could spent a lot of time in the lower grades next year.

Teegy
09-06-06, 05:14 PM
im not sure why we would sign someone to replace a prior signing. true peterson isn't te best signing but he will do th job needed. if he doesn't Nat Barnes or others in the QLD cup will. Mad Dog would be a poor signing IMO

TitanBronco
11-06-06, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure if he's off contract or not but Steve Matai is a good young player with Manly Sea Eagles. Maybe Willie Tonga he's a handy player too have in your team.

DIEHARD
11-06-06, 02:58 AM
I wonder how much cash we have left in our salary cap.

patskE
11-06-06, 12:28 PM
i rkn sign the macdougall brothers, they got that teamwork and know wat each other is thinking, then luke can feed of adam, and replace him in teh centers when he retire's

novacastrian_panther
06-07-06, 03:05 PM
Webster and Graham are 2, apparently still looking for another 2.

patskE
06-07-06, 03:31 PM
deleany and hanny i rkn

novacastrian_panther
07-07-06, 12:53 PM
I heard Hannay is likely to re-sign with the cowboys coz they missed out on tonga.

Teegy
07-07-06, 12:56 PM
your hearing different things to me then. i heard that he is all but goone. because if he stay he will have to spend another year in QLD cup before a centre spot opens up for him

Titanium_BD1103
07-07-06, 01:00 PM
I've heard from all the media down here that both Delaney and Hannay are going to be offered large amounts of cash from the Cronulla Sharks, as they need centres having missed out on Millard and Webster, and losing Vagana... ;)

I reckon though Delaney to the Titans, Hannay to the Sharks.... that would work nicely for all... :)

Blunt_Beno
07-07-06, 01:13 PM
i dont see what the big deal is with delaney, id want hannay on my team any day befor him. also sing is leaving the cowboys next year so hannay will be in the team, and also i heard that bowman is playin in the back row next yr.

Teegy
07-07-06, 01:24 PM
i dont see what the big deal is with delaney, id want hannay on my team any day befor him. also sing is leaving the cowboys next year so hannay will be in the team, and also i heard that bowman is playin in the back row next yr.
bowman in the backrow rumor can be confirmed as utter crap. it gets stared every year. why move bowman to a foriegn psition when you all ready have southern, odonnell, scott, smith, lilyman,strickland Amos that could be better suited to playing their. plus Gavin Cooper if he resigns

Blunt_Beno
07-07-06, 01:28 PM
yeah thats true, didnt concider that haha. but i cant see hannay leaving

novacastrian_panther
07-07-06, 05:46 PM
bowman in the backrow rumor can be confirmed as utter crap. it gets stared every year. why move bowman to a foriegn psition when you all ready have southern, odonnell, scott, smith, lilyman,strickland Amos that could be better suited to playing their. plus Gavin Cooper if he resigns

Speaking off cooper he's a possibile signing isnt he?
If Hannay stays at the cowboys he should get a starting spot.
Cowboys backs 07:
1. M.Bowen
2. Williams
3. Bowman
4. Hannay
5. B.Bowen
6. Thurston
7. Firman

No place for cooper there, Titans reel him in!

Teegy
07-07-06, 05:51 PM
Speaking off cooper he's a possibile signing isnt he?
If Hannay stays at the cowboys he should get a starting spot.
Cowboys backs 07:
1. M.Bowen
2. Williams
3. Bowman
4. Hannay
5. B.Bowen
6. Thurston
7. Firman

No place for cooper there, Titans reel him in!
cooper is a 2nd rower really. he has only filled in at centre. and the cowboys as of late have said they want ty willaims as their next long term centre

Teegy
08-07-06, 10:06 AM
Fox sprts

THE Sharks have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Josh Hannay only days after the North Queensland centre played a key role in the Maroons' State of Origin victory in Melbourne on Wednesday night.

Hannay is yet to receive an offer from North Queensland, and Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr will meet coach Graham Murray over the weekend to discuss whether the goal-kicking centre remains part of their plans.

But they may have left their run too late, with Hannay and his manager, Jim Banaghan, scheduled to fly to Sydney today to hold talks with the Sharks.

Banaghan made it clear that the Sharks, who have also spoken to Parramatta centre Brett Delaney, were the favourites to sign Hannay.

The Sharks are desperate to recruit a quality centre after New Zealand international Nigel Vagana and youngster Beau Scott announced they would leave the club at the end of the year, to join South Sydney and St George-Illawarra respectively.

"We see a much more natural link with the Sharks as to how he plays," Banaghan said.

"They're the leaders at this moment. We're going to sit down with Stu Raper to see if it's going to be a natural marriage. If things work out correctly by Monday he will be a Shark."

Bulldogs forward Nate Myles and Hannay, along with Newcastle second rower Steve Simpson, are the highest-quality players remaining on the open market.

Hannay is the only representative centre yet to be snapped up. He has attracted interest from Gold Coast, which has signed 17 players for its inaugural season.

Hannay's solid performance in Origin III, after almost missing the game with a viral infection, only enhanced his value.

"He is no doubt the leading outside back on the market," Banaghan said.

"He doesn't have to rush into anything."

Hannay's Queensland teammate Myles has time on his side as well, although he told The Australian on Thursday that he was keen to make a decision on 2007 as soon as possible.

The Maroons forward has been advised by teammates to re-sign with the Bulldogs, but that scenario seems unlikely with the Belmore club having used most of its money under the salary cap.

Melbourne is the clear favourite despite the interest of a number of other clubs.

Storm will hold talks with Myles and his manager early next week, as will Sydney Roosters.

Gold Coast will announce the signing of another of Hannay's Cowboys teammates, Gavin Cooper, within days.

The Titans have 17 players under lock and key for their inaugural season next year, and Cooper shapes as a key recruit with his ability to play centre and back row.

Simpson's manager, George Mimis, will meet Newcastle today to discuss his client's future.

The New South Wales second rower became a free agent when he played in Wednesday night's Origin decider in Melbourne - his sixth interstate game in the past two years.

That activated a clause in his contract which allowed him to negotiate a new deal.

"He's had lots of expressions of interest, probably half a dozen (clubs)," Mimis said.

"His key goal is to try to do a new deal with the Knights."

DeeGan
08-07-06, 10:20 AM
Brett Delaney is favoured to be heading to the Gold Coast I have heard (no, not from Titans HQ) ... Gavin Cooper would be a good signing, adds utility value and his best football is ahead of him.

Josh Hannay as a signing would be good too, though my preference is definately Delaney.

The signing I am crossing everything for is Nate Myles - I think he is a future captain and set for a long term as a Queensland Origin player. He would be a great siging for the club.

Darren Lockyer
08-07-06, 11:55 AM
I think Nate Myles would be a great bye but not likely. Hopefully Brett Delaney and Gavin Cooper sign to strenghthen are centres and fowrard pack.

lonegull
09-07-06, 12:40 PM
from what i have read in the papers today myles looks like joining the roosters

Manly Boy
09-07-06, 01:56 PM
I think it will be the pairing of Hannay and Tonga, both SoO players and in form players...

Teegy
09-07-06, 02:11 PM
I think it will be the pairing of Hannay and Tonga, both SoO players and in form players...
that would be good if Tonga wasnt alreadyt signed to the dogs. and hanney is now a long shot at coming here to.

TitanBronco
09-07-06, 03:19 PM
I'll be happy with Delany. He's a promising young player.

novacastrian_panther
12-07-06, 01:53 PM
They are getting alot of Goal Kickers aren't they? Campbell, Prince and Possibly Delaney!

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 01:59 PM
and there even talking about Josh Hannay

lonegull
12-07-06, 01:59 PM
They are getting alot of Goal Kickers aren't they? Campbell, Prince and Possibly Delaney!

always handy to have just in case of injuries

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 02:03 PM
true but to have that many with such good abilities. If we sign delaney then he would be are number one, Campbell 2 and prince 3.

lonegull
12-07-06, 02:21 PM
true but to have that many with such good abilities. If we sign delaney then he would be are number one, Campbell 2 and prince 3.

i dont think campbell and prince were signed to kick goals

Just Another Member
12-07-06, 02:38 PM
i dont think campbell and prince were signed to kick goals
I wouldn't sign anyone to kick goals, delaney is a solid player and is quite a good goal kicker which will help.

Prince isn't going to be kicking goals. He is the 3rd string kicker at the Tigers.

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 04:04 PM
but if there is any injurys he can do it quite well.

lonegull
13-07-06, 08:25 AM
we are strong unlike many other clubs in the goalkicking department

Darren Lockyer
13-07-06, 08:28 AM
we are strong unlike many other clubs in the goalkicking department
Brisbane are having trouble finding a good goalkicker. Corey Parker is alright but misses them from right in front