PDA

View Full Version : Titans first home game for the 07 season?

West_Titan
24-04-06, 08:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I am a Titans supporter living in Perth, W.A. and i was wondering if there is a set date on rd 1 of the 2007 season when the Titans will play there first home game. I want to plan holidays to be at the Titans first home game of the 2007 season and was wondering when they will release dates.

Also, is the Titans merchandise available on the online store the ONLY Titans stuff available and when should we see more merchandise?

Hope someone can shed some light on my questions. Thanks......

P.S. Although i live in Perth i am going to show my true Gold Coast support and still buy a membership!!!

Queenslander
24-04-06, 08:46 PM
Firstly welcome to the forums :hi: and its great to see the far-reach of the Titans supporter base!

About the first round next year, I dont know exactly but this year the NRL season started on Friday the 10th of March...so in theory it should start on the 9th of March next year ;) So anytime around then they should be first running onto the field

But I am unsure what game the Titans would be aiming to get i.e. Friday night, saturday night or a sunday arvo game. :thumbsup:

Social Loafer
24-04-06, 09:28 PM
IN theory the titans could draw the first 3 matches away then get a bye and not get a home game until round 5 :laugh:

But I'm sure the NRL will make sure they get a Round 1 match, IMO it should be round 1, Friday night, it doesn't matter who you guys would play, it would be sold out regardless..

Steve Dangerous
24-04-06, 09:39 PM
Welcome!

There are three trials schedualed, with the third in march being our first game at carara.

The first NRL competition game is still unknown at this stage... will have to wait until the schedual is released. But don't be suprised if our first home game is held at Suncorp Stadium, as it has been mentioned we'll play a couple of big games a year there to meet demand.

Coaster
24-04-06, 10:11 PM
There is no chance the first home game of the new Gold Coast team will be held in Brisbane.

FFs i will hold it in my backyard before that happens.

Carrara will have extra seating in place, there will be a massive attendance and the first game will be something everyone of us will remember forever.

~Wild Child~
25-04-06, 02:08 AM
Yeah Coaster,could'nt agree more. The Titans very much deserve to play debut game on Gold Coast soil.It should'nt be any other way. Why has it been suggested to play first game at Suncorp? Sounds like that would be a bit of an unappreciated slap in the face.Who comes up with ideas like this.?????

DeeGan
25-04-06, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone,

I am a Titans supporter living in Perth, W.A. and i was wondering if there is a set date on rd 1 of the 2007 season when the Titans will play there first home game. I want to plan holidays to be at the Titans first home game of the 2007 season and was wondering when they will release dates.

Also, is the Titans merchandise available on the online store the ONLY Titans stuff available and when should we see more merchandise?

Hope someone can shed some light on my questions. Thanks......

P.S. Although i live in Perth i am going to show my true Gold Coast support and still buy a membership!!!

Welcome to the forums! Great to have a resident Titans fan from WA :D

1. There is not scheduled date as yet for our first home game of the season. The game will either be at Carrarra or Suncorp Stadium against Brisbane in my opinion. I am 100% behind the opening game being at our home ground in 2007 though when we talk about marketing and profitability, the Suncorp Stadium game will have some weight behind it. Let's hope Michael Searle and the powers to be make the decision to push for our first game to be at Carrarra Stadium.

2. The merchandise you see at the online store is not the only merchandise the Titans will look at selling to fans. The online store, with the site and forum, will be updated before 2007 and if not early in the new year before we kick off.

Hope to see you here as a regular poster on the forum :guit:

West_Titan
26-04-06, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the Welcome :D
It's great to be apart of this fantastic forum. I have been a Gold Coast supporter from the early years and have been to many home games when i used to live in QLD and now that the Titans are here, i couldn't be happier.

Shame my family are so aweful or i might still be living in QLD. Who knows, might move back oneday. I still plan to buy a membership so i don't miss out on their first home game. I will make sure i book holidays at work so i don't miss out.

Hope the first home game is on Gold Coast soil. I didn't want to have to drive to Brisbane. I wanted to fly into the Gold Coast airport and spend my whole holidays on the Gold Coast enjoying the wonderful city that it is.

Let's hope the Titans make the Finals in their first year........
And who knows........maybe 2007 Premiers :win:

Eel 33
26-04-06, 09:46 AM
Welcome West_Titan firstly. :hi:

The NRL and Channel 9 have rocks in their head if they think they schedule any other game as the first live game of the season not involving the Gold Coast Titans AT CARARRA. The stadium is not the best but is the home ground on the Coast. Bugger sending it to Brisbane, if they're gunna do that, they may as well have called us the South Queensland Crushers. Ugh!!! :evil: NO to Suncorp, even if it is against the Broncos.