PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Former Nine Boss Signs with Titans

Queenslander
20-04-06, 06:50 PM
Former Nine Boss Signs with Titans!
from www.titans.com.au

http://www.titans.com.au/images/pictures/large/Cameron%20Murray%20-%20Head%20Shot.JPG

Former Managing Director of Channel Nine Queensland, Cameron Murray has been appointed General Manager of Commercial and Special Projects with the Gold Coast Titans.

Effective Friday April 21, 2006, Cameron will commence the management of commercial opportunities for the Gold Coast Titans. His portfolio will consist of strategic project development on a number of levels including liquor and gaming opportunities, sponsorship and stadium planning and consultation with the major sports facilities authority.

His first day today with the Titans will be spent with NRL and Titans Executives at the NRL Headquarters at Fox Studios in Sydney conducting an update on the progress of the Titans planning for their 2007 Telstra Premiership entry.

Murray said, "To be able to return home to the Gold Coast and work with a highly professional team both on and off the field is a challenge I am looking forward to immensely. I strongly believe the people of the Gold Coast will embrace the Titans as their team in 2007."

Cameron has vast experience in business development. His most recent position as Managing Director of Channel 9 Queensland saw him increase the station's number one position in Queensland in both audience and revenue.

His previous executive appointment was as the Chief Executive Officer to the joint venture Nine Network/Prime Television New Zealand had a positive impact on the network. Cameron orchestrated an immediate operational turnaround with revenue growing 100% in the first year and 70% in the second with audience numbers doubling under his leadership.

Cameron said, "This is a great opportunity to be part of the Titans team in the start up phase so we can lay the foundations for the teams success and that of the Gold Coast's only major sporting franchise.?

Michael Searle, Managing Director of the Titans had worked on this appointment for many months and identified Cameron Murray as an ideal appointment after meeting him soon after the Titans were given the green light last May.

Searle said ?Cameron Murray is a highly credential business identity and will ensure our business administration has the strength and experience to enter the NRL Telstra Premiership competition. Our business ethos dictates that off the field is as important to us as the quality of the footballer we are targeting on the field.?

?Cameron?s role will see him liaising with the business and government leaders within the community. He will be responsible for the timely and efficient implementation of our business plan that has vertical integration and expansion across a number of industries.?

?We are excited to secure such a young and talented executive to join our team. Executive strength is so important in the highly competitive sporting environment within Australian sport and Cameron?s appointment into commercial operations indicates our commitment to that philosophy.? Searle said.

DeeGan
20-04-06, 07:16 PM
As strong a off field signing as you can just about make in QLD :D Welcome to the team Cameron :D

Queenslander
20-04-06, 07:19 PM
Not all signing's have to relate to the footy field. This strong signing should help create the best off-field results for the Titans :clap: Good work by the Titans!

The Original Idiot
20-04-06, 08:27 PM
This is one of the guys that brought Nine where to its peak. What a track record.

Steve Dangerous
20-04-06, 09:17 PM
good news!

not only a crafty businessman but a local boy. nice.

lonegull
21-04-06, 07:57 AM
how strong is a front office shaping welcome aboard cameron

Eel 33
21-04-06, 10:51 AM
Geez, this sort of business nouce in the front office??? The Titans won't be folding at all in the future. Welcome aboard Cameron.

lonegull
21-04-06, 10:53 AM
world class front office i can see the titans mean business

Titanium_BD1103
21-04-06, 11:46 AM
I know this guy... well not really.. but I know of his achievements and I have to say to the GC Titans WELL DONE... :clap: :clap:

This guy is a winner, he has great business sense and a great mind for making success, he will bring a lot to the club and is a very good asset, congrats to Michael and the team for getting him and expect to see big things with him around... :D :D

~Wild Child~
21-04-06, 12:37 PM
And the good news just keeps rolling in....