PDA

View Full Version : Fan Opinion: What should a Titans supporter group be named?

DeeGan
22-09-05, 09:29 PM
Fan Opinion: What should a Titans supporter group be named?

The supporter groups are a whilst off yet though I would like to get some ideas from the Gold Coast faithful in relation to the name of a possible supporter group.

South Sydney have 'The Burrow', what nickname would best fit the Gold Coast Titans supporters group?

All posts and ideas are appreciated.

Cheers

DeeGan

League Freak
22-09-05, 09:43 PM
The Spartan Army. :cool:

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 09:48 PM
This is a tough one. Because the name of the fan group is terribly important.

But luckily the Gold Coast have an image that a lot of ideas can be drawn from.

As Freak said, Spartans.

Gladiators. Ancient Rome. Greek Mythology. Etc

I'll get back to you on this one. But what ever they are called, I want to be heavily involved. We can show those Broncos how to support a team and create atmosphere!

footyfan09
22-09-05, 10:07 PM
Midas corner?? i dunno best i could come up with lol

footyfan09
22-09-05, 10:08 PM
The Collesum ill quit while im ahead

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 10:11 PM
Lucky we have a lot of time up our sleeves to think of something.

I'm sure the Gold Coast Titans team have a few ideas and models up their sleeves as well.

Mavfan
22-09-05, 10:17 PM
Well, The Rabbits have the Burrow. The Roosters have the Chook Pen.

In my opinion, the Titans would go well with:

*The Armory*

If it was the Pirates i would of said the Bottomless Pit.

Aliem
22-09-05, 11:15 PM
Instead of "The Burrow", how about "The Shed." :)

DeeGan
22-09-05, 11:36 PM
Lucky we have a lot of time up our sleeves to think of something.

I'm sure the Gold Coast Titans team have a few ideas and models up their sleeves as well.

We do DIEHARD though the supporters group is for the fans and this type of input is what it is all about.

As you have all seen, the Gold Coast takes to the team to the people. From naming the team, selecting a jersey, this type of feedback will be taken on board when decision time comes.

Cheers

DeeGan

Moejoe
22-09-05, 11:38 PM
Just read the news on the NRL website, Jumped over here as quick as I could to sign up and be apart of the greatest move the NRL have made in the last decade, Not only for the Gold coast but for rugby league in Australia. Expansion is the key to success in my opinion and I seriously hope that in the next few years we will see a truely national competetion with teams all over our great land.

With that said I love the idea for a supporter club, As for names Im not a creative person and the best I could come up with was the "The titans army"
or "The Coasters"
Anyway hope to see you all around the forums and most importantly at the sound of the first whistle in 2007.

GOOOOOOOOOO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!

Dakink
23-09-05, 09:55 AM

ROFL!!!

That little gem gets my vote.

Green Machine
23-09-05, 12:18 PM
What about a club song?

Dakink
23-09-05, 12:20 PM
What about the shed ad? :eek:

Sorry couldnt help myself!

Titans#1
23-09-05, 12:32 PM
Life savers - Titans Tremor - Titan Frightners - The Giant's Client's.

I know what us furom posters should be called - The Coaster's Poster's.

(BTW - if you enter Titan into thesaurus.com you come up with Giant's,, hence the giant's clients thing)

Titans#1
23-09-05, 12:53 PM
I have a few more, but they are long (but that just makes us look smarter).

Titan's Team Extreme
Titan's Team Supreme
Titan's Team Incentive Scheme
Gold Coast's King's Post.

????? :o

Hyperion
23-09-05, 01:11 PM
Weren't the Titans 12 mythical Gods?

Cosmic Kings
Cosmic Crew
Titans Troop
Heavens Hombres (for all those Mexicans living on the GC)

Dakink
23-09-05, 01:14 PM
For the ladies - the Groupies

My apologies. :confused:

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 01:16 PM
how about "The Shed." :)

Hahaha you may be onto a winner!

I heard somewhere that the Perth Glory soccer supporters group was called The Shed.

For what reason....I have no idea!

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 01:19 PM
I think we should be distancing ourselves from the shed company as much as possible.

Hyperion
23-09-05, 01:34 PM
Hahaha you may be onto a winner!

I heard somewhere that the Perth Glory soccer supporters group was called The Shed.

For what reason....I have no idea!

They're Chelsea (Stamford Bridge used to have The Shed) fans in disguise?

HodgoBerro
23-09-05, 02:09 PM
i thought of the whole greek thing and i thought of 'The Phalanx'

PHALANX: A formation of infantry carrying overlapping shields and long spears, developed by Philip II of Macedon and used by Alexander the Great.

Snow
23-09-05, 05:38 PM
i think the Myrmidons the army of Achillies in Greek myth

STORY

Aeacus, king of Aegina and son of Zeus, had no citizens in his kingdom. He prayed to Zeus as he looked at an ant hill, "Please remember that I am your son, and was made a king of your sacred island that you created to honor my mother Aegina. When Sisyphus told a river god that you had eloped with her, you turned her into an island. Please Father Zeus, send me citizens to populate your island and make them skilled in warfare so this island will be protected!"

Then Aeacus went back to his palace. Soon his son Telamon yelled, "Father, Father! There are many people outside looking for you!" The people were called the Mymirdons after ants or myrmi. Achilles took 50 ships with 50 Mymirdons each to the Trojan War

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 06:34 PM
Not really related, but Achilles Last Stand by Led Zeppelin is one of the greatest songs. Imagine going to battle with that playing!

DIEHARD
23-09-05, 06:57 PM
The Legion?

Queenslander
23-09-05, 06:59 PM
Yeah the legion would work....how about the G.C. legion?

supermario
23-09-05, 10:13 PM
I have a suggestion.

The Army of Kronos !

now you ask.... "What the hell is this roosters supporter on !!!!"

Nothing actually, but there is a reason behind the name.

The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus (also spelt as Kronos) who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus. During their rule the Titans were associated with the various planets.

http://www.hol.gr/greece/titans.htm

So with Kronos Being the ruler of the titans, "The Army of Kronos" Should be the rulers of the fans !!!!

Titans#1
24-09-05, 08:38 AM
Here's an easy one.

On Cartoon Network there is a young group called "Teen Titans"

How about just Team Titan. It sounds nice.

..::Coops::..
24-09-05, 09:22 AM
The Legion?

yeah that;s a good name i like it :)

Dakink
24-09-05, 10:05 AM
The Titan Legion??

Though The Army of Kronos is different and has merit.

Steve Dangerous
24-09-05, 11:18 AM
How about "The Armoury" or "The Baracks"?

Dakink
24-09-05, 11:21 AM
I can see another internet poll coming up!

Some good names getting thrown around!

DIEHARD
24-09-05, 11:59 AM
I like the Legion so far. I'm sure there are some other great ones out there.

Maybe when we get some more we can have our own fan poll.

DeeGan
24-09-05, 12:33 PM
Let the thread fun until this time last week and then collate the names in which we will look at a poll ;)

Cheers

DeeGan

Mavfan
24-09-05, 03:21 PM
How about "The Armoury" or "The Baracks"?

Lol well atleast my Armory Suggestion got a look :D

Honestly i reckon the Armory sounds the best.

kathi
24-09-05, 05:44 PM

for the supporters the Titan`s Sheds sounds great.

goldcoast titan #1
24-09-05, 05:46 PM
I like what i see

Steve Dangerous
24-09-05, 05:46 PM
I like the Legion so far. I'm sure there are some other great ones out there.

Maybe when we get some more we can have our own fan poll.

i agree, Legion sounds like a good possible choice.

Teegy
24-09-05, 06:32 PM
Legion sounds great

Inferno
24-09-05, 06:38 PM
Im liking the Legion as well, although at the end of the day is that important, do all clubs have a name for their supporter groups?

Teegy
24-09-05, 06:41 PM
Just sounds good like the dragons have the Dragons Army and rabbits have the burrow

DIEHARD
24-09-05, 06:43 PM
Im liking the Legion as well, although at the end of the day is that important, do all clubs have a name for their supporter groups?

Yep but usually it is a fan initative that is supported by the club.

Cowboys - The Southern Stampede
Roosters - The Chook Pen
Souths - The Burrow
Canberra - The Raiders Army and The Sydney Green Brigade
Wests - The Wests Tigers Fanatics
Cronulla - The Finatics
Penrith - The Penriff Army
Newcastle - The Knights Crusade
Manly - The Eagle Rockers and The Silver Tails
St George - The Dragon Army
Melbourne - Stormtroopers?
Parramatta - The Blue and Gold Army and Eels World Order
Kangaroos - The Kangaroo Army unofficially "The Mob"

Gold Coast - The Legion? The Titan Legion?

Dakink
24-09-05, 06:45 PM
"FINatics" Poor Sharkies.

Inferno
24-09-05, 06:48 PM
Damn, I didn't realise that pretty much every team had a supporters name :confused:

Oh well looks like its the Legion then :D

Teegy
24-09-05, 06:48 PM
Didn't know that many had names (learn somthin every day)

Dakink
24-09-05, 06:49 PM
The more I think about it the more I like "The Legion".

Titan#1 - any chance of an early prototype avatar?

DIEHARD
24-09-05, 06:51 PM
The more I think about it the more I like "The Legion".

Coupled with a few signiture items and traits, it would be awesome.

The Gold Coast Titans have a lot of cool themes we can draw off.

Teegy
24-09-05, 07:03 PM
Not the greatest but a quick attempt

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Teegy23/Project1.jpg

DeeGan
24-09-05, 07:08 PM
The Legion does have potential....

Let's be sure to group as many ideas together at the end of next week and start a poll on the forum.

There are some tough choices to be made.

Cheers

DeeGan

Teegy
24-09-05, 07:12 PM
how about for serious segestions if the person and try and design a logo or something better than mine and post it on the site. (mine was done on paint)

DIEHARD
24-09-05, 07:53 PM
The Legion does have potential....

Let's be sure to group as many ideas together at the end of next week and start a poll on the forum.

There are some tough choices to be made.

Cheers

DeeGan

Yep it is no time to set on an a name....yet.

We need our thinking caps on.

no free passes
24-09-05, 08:12 PM
the most famous of our namesake was called atlas in greek mythology yeah? the one who held the sky on his shoulders. perhaps a name for a supporters group could be drawn from this??

Titans#1
26-09-05, 02:10 PM
the most famous of our namesake was called atlas in greek mythology yeah? the one who held the sky on his shoulders. perhaps a name for a supporters group could be drawn from this??

The Atlas Battlers, something like that you mean?

ridgey
26-09-05, 02:29 PM
i was in sydney and went and saw the tigers-broncos match and l tell ya the west tigers fanatics have to be some of the best fans going around.they beat drums all match,sing,dance,start waves it was a superb atmosphere.that's 1 thing about goin to a broncos match and me mate got me a season ticket this year ya almost fall asleep the atmosphere is that dull!

DIEHARD
26-09-05, 03:44 PM
i was in sydney and went and saw the tigers-broncos match and l tell ya the west tigers fanatics have to be some of the best fans going around.they beat drums all match,sing,dance,start waves it was a superb atmosphere.that's 1 thing about goin to a broncos match and me mate got me a season ticket this year ya almost fall asleep the atmosphere is that dull!

Fantastic to meet another Valleys Diehards fan! GO THE DIEHARDS!!!!

One thing that will be a side effect of a fantastic Titans supporter group is that it will encourage the Broncos fans to lift their game and have a formal Broncos army as well.

Making games at Lang Park and Robina very exciting!

ridgey
26-09-05, 10:24 PM
Fantastic to meet another Valleys Diehards fan! GO THE DIEHARDS!!!!

One thing that will be a side effect of a fantastic Titans supporter group is that it will encourage the Broncos fans to lift their game and have a formal Broncos army as well.

Making games at Lang Park and Robina very exciting!

yeah i was there at lang park when the diehards won their last premiership in 1990 against norths,i've been waiting for another team to come along to make my own as i hate the broncos,followed the giants,seagulls etc,etc but i've got a great feeling about the titans,can't wait.

TITANMAN
26-09-05, 11:28 PM
In the States the Tenessee Titans fans are called the flameheads, they all wear bright blue flames on their heads, what that has to do with Titans I dont know...

Teegy
27-09-05, 09:29 AM
Flame heads comes from their logo. the flame coming of the T

GT_Titan
27-09-05, 11:01 AM
Love your signature logo Teegy. I'm glad you know the roots of the Gold Rugby League team even though you were only 1yo when the Giants were running around in Tweed Heads. I went to nearly every Giants home game in 1988 & 1989. I feel so old now...lol.

As for the name for the Titans fans I do like The Armoury and also The Titans Troops.

Cheers,
Grant

Teegy
27-09-05, 11:11 AM
even at one i loved the GC teams

GT_Titan
27-09-05, 11:35 AM
Cool, you sound like you've had GC loyalty in your blood ever since you were born.

Teegy
27-09-05, 11:39 AM
Yer but i was born in longreach

Fampa
28-09-05, 12:41 AM
The atmosphere at Lang Park is so dull because the supporters are not allowed to anything particularly interesting other than fly a flag that is within the size requirements. No musical instruments, not allowed to jump up and down too much lest being kicked out. This is an issue with the stadium management, not Bronco management. If it is the QLD Govt that will run and operate the Robina stadium like they do with Suncorp, I'd be expecting the same harsh restrictions there too.

As for names, I like the Legion and the Legionaires, But as the for the name of a physical location, like the Burrow, I like the Pantheon.

ie: Pantheon (gods), a word describing the set of all the gods of a particular religion or mythology. Well, there are/were/meant to be 12 Titans...

The word has also been used in a secular sense meaning a set of exalted people. (That'd be us)

GT_Titan
28-09-05, 11:05 AM
For the location I like the sound of the Pantheon Fampa. It's up there with the Armoury.

As for the fans I'd like us to be called the Titans Troops.

Unbearable
06-10-05, 06:59 PM
How about the "Titanics !" ?

The Original Idiot
06-10-05, 07:27 PM
Maybe the fans can get their own way at the Robina stadium. The Titns management can ask for that, the govt may listen. It is surprising that in Sydney you can do so much but not wear the giant Cowboys hats.

Sharks
07-10-05, 06:44 PM
The Tanked,cause thats what most people will be after the game! :D :D

Hindy_Magic
09-10-05, 12:52 AM
they have a reason for that at the games because it blocks the view from spectactors sitting beside them and i reckon they should be called the titans army, or the gladiatiors.

DIEHARD
09-10-05, 06:01 AM
they have a reason for that at the games because it blocks the view from spectactors sitting beside them

That is why you have a dedicated supporter bay and everyone knows what they are getting into and its no worries...

Chaos
13-10-05, 07:53 PM
The Legion?

Yeah...how about we throw a water bolloon full of powder at the opposition fullback, and call it Legion's disease?

I know that's going too far but only use it in real important games.

Coaster
14-10-05, 06:40 PM
Yeah...how about we throw a water bolloon full of powder at the opposition fullback, and call it Legion's disease?

I know that's going too far but only use it in real important games.

haha bro that should be in the bad joke thread :D

My TShirt with what i thought was deleted, so i guess that was a worse joke ;)

What about calling ourselves "The Tippsy Titans"

DIEHARD
19-10-05, 11:13 AM
Being the leader of the official Kangaroos supporter army, the Bundy Roo Crew I tell you I'm so keen to get something really special started for the Gold Coast.

Especially in Queensland where there is a total absence of rugby league supporter groups, especially those of a vocal and proactive nature. We can really stand out and make the Gold Coast unique and well supported straight from the word go.

How many people would be interested in being involved in a flag waving, singing and chanting supporter group?

We are going to slay the Broncos on and off the field. ;)

Dakink
19-10-05, 11:14 AM
Me, Me Me Me Me Me Me Me oh and Me!

DeeGan
19-10-05, 12:42 PM
Yes, express interest in this thread as we will be putting together an Official Titans Supporter Group in which I will be asking DIEHARD to contribute with. There is plenty of time to go though an expression of interest in the mean time is of no harm.

DeeGan

Teegy
19-10-05, 12:43 PM
Im in Boss

The Original Idiot
19-10-05, 01:43 PM
How many people would be interested in being involved in a flag waving, singing and chanting supporter group?
I doubt I'll be able to make it to games but if I can, I'm in as well.

Titans#1
19-10-05, 01:47 PM
Yep. I'm in I guess (wouldn't be much of a mod if I wasn't lol)

Teegy
19-10-05, 01:49 PM
Singing Dancing. Big Banners who wouldn't love it

Titans#1
19-10-05, 01:51 PM
Can I be the Wig organiser? And maybe the choreographer (sp?), you boys don't really know how to dance apart from the 2 step lol jk.

Teegy
19-10-05, 01:53 PM
Can I be the Wig organiser? And maybe the choreographer (sp?), you boys don't really know how to dance apart from the 2 step lol jk.
I cant even to that

Titans#1
19-10-05, 01:57 PM
Chant:

Hit em High
Hit em Low
That is how the Titans go.

Kick it here
Kick it there
We gonna kick you in the rear.

Maybe not..... Might leave the chanting to the Boy's! lol

Coaster
19-10-05, 06:29 PM
Count me in!!

In-Cyde #1
20-10-05, 07:02 PM
Maybe there is something in this that can be used to draw a Supporters Group name from ? I may be over-thinking !!!!!!

The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus. During their rule the Titans were associated with the various planets.

The Titans

Gaea Gaea is the Earth goddess. She mated with her son Uranus to produce the remaining Titans. Gaea seems to have started as a neolithic earth-mother worshipped before the Indo-European invasion that eventually lead to the Hellenistic civilization.
Uranus Uranus is the sky god and first ruler. He is the son of Gaea, who created him without help. He then became the husband of Gaea and together they had many offspring, including twelve of the Titans. His rule ended when when Cronus, encouraged by Gaea, castrated him. He either died from the wound or withdrew from earth.
Cronus Cronus was the ruling Titan who came to power by castrating his Father Uranus. His wife was Rhea. There offspring were the first of the Olympians. To insure his safety Cronus ate each of the children as they were born. This worked until Rhea, unhappy at the loss of her children, tricked Cronus into swallowing a rock, instead of Zeus. When he grew up Zeus would revolt against Cronus and the other Titans, defeat them, and banish them to Tartarus in the underworld. Cronus managed to escape to Italy, where he ruled as Saturn. The period of his rule was said to be a golden age on earth, honored by the Saturnalia feast.
Rhea Rhea was the wife of Cronus. Cronus made it a practice to swallow their children. To avoid this, Rhea tricked Cronus into swallowing a rock, saving her son Zeus.
Oceanus Oceanus is the unending stream of water encircling the world. Together with his wife Tethys produced the rivers and the three thousand ocean nymphs.
Tethys Tethys is the wife of Oceanus. Together they produced the rivers and the three thousand ocean nymphs.
Hyperion Hyperion is the Titan of light, an early sun god. He is the son of Gaea and Uranus. He married his sister Theia. Their children Helius (the sun), Selene (the moon), and Eos (the dawn).
Mnemosyne Mnemosyne was the Titan of memory and the mother of Muses.
Themis Themis was the Titan of justice and order. She was the mother of the Fates and the Seasons.
Iapetus Iapetus was the father of Prometheus, Epimetheus, Menoetius, and Atlas by Clymene.
Coeus Coeus is the Titan of Intelligence. Father of Leto.
Phoebe Phoebe is the Titan of the Moon. Mother of Leto.
Prometheus Prometheus was the wisest Titan. His name means "forethought" and he was able to foretell the future. He was the son of Iapetus. When Zeus revolted against Cronus Prometheus deserted the other Titans and fought on Zeus side. By some accounts he and his brother Epimetheus were delegated by Zeus to create man. In all accounts, Prometheus is known as the protector and benefactor of man. He gave mankind a number of gifts including fire. He also tricked Zeus into allowing man to keep the best part of the animals sacrificed to the gods and to give the gods the worst parts. For this Zeus punished Prometheus by having him chained to a rock with an eagle tearing at his liver. He was to be left there for all eternity or until he agreed to disclose to Zeus which of Zeus children would try to replace him. He was eventually rescued by Heracles without giving in to Zeus.
Epimetheus Epimetheus was a stupid Titan, whose name means "afterthought". He was the son of Iapetus. In some accounts he is delegated, along with his brother Prometheus by Zeus to create mankind. He also accepted the gift of Pandora from Zeus, which lead to the introduction of evil into the world.
Atlas Atlas was the son of Iapetus. Unlike his brothers Prometheus and Epimetheus, Atlas fought with the other Titans supporting Cronus against Zeus. Due to Cronus's advance age Atlas lead the Titan's in battle. As a result he was singled out by Zeus for a special punishment and made to hold up the world on his back.
Metis Metis was the Titaness of the forth day and the planet Mercury. She presided over all wisdom and knowledge. She was seduced by Zeus and became pregnant with Athena. Zeus became concerned over prophecies that her second child would replace Zeus. To avoid this Zeus ate her. It is said that she is the source for Zeus wisdom and that she still advises Zeus from his belly. It may seem odd for Metis to have been pregnant with Athena but, never mentioned as her mother. This is because the classic Greeks believed that children were generated solely from the fathers sperm. The women was thought to be nothing more than a vessel for the fetus to grow in. Since Metis was killed well before Athena's birth her role doesn't count. :eek:
Dione Dione is, according to Homer in the Iliad, the mother of Aphrodite.

Probably too deep huh...........

Coaster
20-10-05, 07:12 PM
The Titans

Gaea Gaea is the Earth goddess. She mated with her son Uranus to produce the remaining Titans. Nope i dont like mating with uranus

Uranus Nope

Cronus Cronus was the ruling Titan who came to power by castrating his Father Uranus. His wife was Rhea. There offspring were the first of the Olympians. To insure his safety Cronus ate each of the children as they were born. Nope

None of these please

DIEHARD
20-10-05, 07:21 PM
I think it would be wiser and more successful to draw more off the Greek/Roman Gladitorial sorta angle.

That is why I am a fan of the Legion.

Yea I know it is Roman, but our symbol is a gladiator and they are from Rome. So please don't start on me about it.

Coaster
21-10-05, 11:11 PM
I HAVE IT

The Cyclops Coast Crusaders

WE ARE AS ONE EYED AS THEY COME

Hindy_Magic
22-10-05, 11:01 AM
it is still greek's roman's stole tactics of the greek's roman's stole weapon designs of the greek's, roman's even stole god's of the greeks and just changed their names.

Hindy_Magic
22-10-05, 11:02 AM
also the titans had there monents of glory but in the end the god's were the true leaders.

Steelers
22-10-05, 11:02 AM
it is still greek's roman's stole tactics of the greek's roman's stole weapon designs of the greek's, roman's even stole god's of the greeks and just changed their names.
dam romans :p

Sharks
22-10-05, 02:33 PM
The Tanks!

Super Cronk
22-10-05, 02:34 PM
The Tanks!

stupid editer!

titans_fanatic
23-10-05, 01:38 PM
i live in sydney im just wondering how it works can i be a member of it or is it only the sydney brigade

titans_fanatic
30-10-05, 09:57 PM
?????? still wondering loll

DIEHARD
01-11-05, 04:29 PM
Well we don't even know how it works yet mate. Nothing has been invented or decided upon atm.

But rest assured if you are a Sydney based fan you will have just as much opportunity to represent and support the Titans as us north of the Tweed.

Should be easy and painless to get involved. No doubt we will be needing some diehard passionate fans to be the prime movers behind any southern supporter group.

Of course you will have lots of your northern brethern visiting regularly. :cool:

Coaster
01-11-05, 11:08 PM
Coalition
Year of
Coast
Largest
Official
Peoples

True
Inugral
Titans
Supporters

The Original Idiot
02-11-05, 11:10 AM
Nice try but...no.

Dakink
02-11-05, 01:21 PM
Well we don't even know how it works yet mate. Nothing has been invented or decided upon atm.

But rest assured if you are a Sydney based fan you will have just as much opportunity to represent and support the Titans as us north of the Tweed.

Should be easy and painless to get involved. No doubt we will be needing some diehard passionate fans to be the prime movers behind any southern supporter group.

Of course you will have lots of your northern brethern visiting regularly. :cool:

What about us south of the Tweed!!!
:(

Coaster
02-11-05, 09:08 PM
http://presidentpdr.bigpondhosting.com/photos/cyclops_tee_front.jpg http://presidentpdr.bigpondhosting.com/photos/clyclops_back.jpg http://presidentpdr.bigpondhosting.com/photos/hat.jpg

Go the Cyclops

Queenslander
02-11-05, 09:26 PM
http://presidentpdr.bigpondhosting.com/photos/cyclops_tee_front.jpg http://presidentpdr.bigpondhosting.com/photos/clyclops_back.jpg http://presidentpdr.bigpondhosting.com/photos/hat.jpg

Go the Cyclops

Interesting.................but if i remember correctly, the majority of the forum didnt like your idea ;) http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=694

Coaster
02-11-05, 09:42 PM
Interesting.................but if i remember correctly, the majority of the forum didnt like your idea ;) http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=694

Since when has that stopped me?

Queenslander
02-11-05, 09:45 PM
Since when has that stopped me?

Judging from this situation, never :p But the idea is interesting but i dont think it can be applied to the club, but you never know :D

Coaster
02-11-05, 09:51 PM
It ties in perfectly

Their father Uranus (sky) hated all of his offspring (the Titans, Cyclopes, and Hecatonchires or hundred-handers) and kept them confined deep within Gaia (earth). The defeat of Uranus by his son Cronus (a Titan) freed the Cyclopes for a time, but Cronus was a paranoid ruler. He feared the Cyclopes' power and cast them into Tartarus (the place of punishment in the underworld) where they remained imprisoned until Zeus (an Olympian and son of Cronus) released them

Cyclops

SYLLABICATION: Cy?clops
PRONUNCIATION: sklps
NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. Cy?clo?pes ( s-klpz)
Greek Mythology 1. Any of the three one-eyed Titans who forged thunderbolts for Zeus. 2. Any of a race of one-eyed giants, reputedly descended from these Titans, inhabiting the island of Sicily.
ETYMOLOGY: Latin, from Greek Kuklps : kuklos, circle; see cycle + ps, eye; see myopia.

Queenslander
02-11-05, 09:55 PM
Their father Uranus (sky) hated all of his offspring (the Titans, Cyclopes, and Hecatonchires or hundred-handers) and kept them confined deep within Gaia (earth). The defeat of Uranus by his son Cronus (a Titan) freed the Cyclopes for a time, but Cronus was a paranoid ruler. He feared the Cyclopes' power and cast them into Tartarus (the place of punishment in the underworld) where they remained imprisoned until Zeus (an Olympian and son of Cronus) released them

Thats pretty deep, especially for a city thats club mascot used to be captain charger :p Im not mocking your idea though, its clever.

Chaos
02-11-05, 10:52 PM
So what names have you all latched on to?

Legion looked like it had a bit of a following.

I didn't mind the Cyclops...one eyed supporter, mythogogy fits in with the Titan theme.

Research Station Drive
04-11-05, 08:22 PM
This is lame but I thought I'd have a go, how about the 'Fightin' Titans'?

The problem with grabbing an American name for the club is that it is hard to grasp exactly what the name stands for.

Hence all the arguments about roman/greek history and mythology...

DIEHARD
18-01-06, 10:31 AM
Well whatever we will be called, we will be getting together soon in some fashion.

Maybe at the Orara Valley 7s but definitely at the upcoming trial at Carrara.

RIP
19-01-06, 12:09 PM
The Titanomachy (War of the Titans) It dosen't role of the Tongue but it sounds ok. ( It almost sounds like a Government :) ) the Titanomachy is now in session. Ha it's just a thought