PDA

View Full Version : storm ad

Super Cronk
13-04-06, 11:04 PM
The Storm started their media campaign yesterday and they played the new League/storm ad down there on the news...well tonight i saw it on the footy show and gotta say its a great ad. Doesnt involve any players at all...but very funny and well done. love the tag line "you cant avoid rugby league anymore".

Im hoping they put it on the net as it prolly wont be shown in other states regularly...you gotta check it out.

Old Diehard
14-04-06, 12:57 AM
Just saw the advert- some Nun running through a church. Pathetic! BUT after seeing the Victorians ad on Run Rabbit Run which promotes their tourism, they will probably love it. Still think after seeing it that the only people that will follow league in Victoria are expats from Qld,Nsw or NZ.

Super Cronk
14-04-06, 12:59 AM
wont bring them out in thier droves...but as if an tv ad would.

Smithy
14-04-06, 11:20 AM
Just saw the advert- some Nun running through a church. Pathetic! BUT after seeing the Victorians ad on Run Rabbit Run which promotes their tourism, they will probably love it. Still think after seeing it that the only people that will follow league in Victoria are expats from Qld,Nsw or NZ.
Should have had some hard hitting league footage, chearleaders and some of the guys training (shirts off is my wifes preference).......the Nun in the church didn't excite me much.......wasted money i say!

Steelers
14-04-06, 11:41 AM
The nun in the church ad was only 1 of a few ads released.

Smithy
14-04-06, 12:39 PM
The nun in the church ad was only 1 of a few ads released.
I hope the others are better.......

Go_The_Doggies
14-04-06, 12:54 PM
I dun like it.

Super Cronk
14-04-06, 02:48 PM
Should have had some hard hitting league footage, chearleaders and some of the guys training (shirts off is my wifes preference).......the Nun in the church didn't excite me much.......wasted money i say!

so a typical boring rugby league ad? Where people only watch it to have a perv?

Ah well...got different tastes i guess.

..::Coops::..
14-04-06, 04:23 PM
i thought the ad was alright. i mean it's no nrma ad (Corey!! haha those in qld know what im talking about), but yeah i though it was ok!

Smithy
14-04-06, 08:02 PM
so a typical boring rugby league ad? Where people only watch it to have a perv?

Ah well...got different tastes i guess.
Lets face it........
it puts bums on seats.
All I was saying was that I don't think it really sold the game much.
Show some of the excitment.

Super Cronk
14-04-06, 08:04 PM
Lets face it........
it puts bums on seats.
All I was saying was that I don't think it really sold the game much.
Show some of the excitment.

Fair enough. Im just sick of the normal pretty boys running around at training with their shirts off and then the players standing there saying "support your team in 2006".

It was different...i thought it was funny. and the tag line was a good one.

Smithy
14-04-06, 08:05 PM
Fair enough

Eel 33
18-04-06, 03:18 PM
Is there a link for this on the Storm website???

Super Cronk
18-04-06, 03:24 PM
Is there a link for this on the Storm website???

Cant find a link on the net anywhere. There are apprently a couple of other ads aswell....havent seen those yet.

SuperCliffy#01
18-04-06, 04:57 PM
To those here who complained about the add where has your sense of humour gone, i thought it was funny and it was a great add, good on the Storm, at least they are doing something.cya :fence:

Eel 33
20-04-06, 04:15 PM
Where have you seen these ads ppl??? If there's a web address, i'd like to have a look.

Super Cronk
20-04-06, 04:22 PM
Where have you seen these ads ppl??? If there's a web address, i'd like to have a look.

They are only being shown in Melbourne but i saw one of the ads on the footy show.

SuperCliffy#01
21-04-06, 12:47 PM
i have seen two of the Storm ads on NBN Northern Regional here on the Central Coast, i can't figure out why ?.cya.

Dakink
21-04-06, 12:59 PM
Havent seen them on NBN up our way.