PDA

View Full Version : Titans Team > June 30

Kingytek
13-04-06, 11:13 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/kingtek/titansquad.jpg
With June 30 rapidly approaching it obvious alot of players are coming off contract and are under the Titan Microscope.

To fill the First 13 we are looking for a Fullback, both Centres, a Prop and a Back Rower.
I would love to see what people think in regards to who would be good in those positions or who they think will actually end up there because of rumour and gossip.

For Mine, I would like to see either greenshields or mathers in the number 1. I think if Gaz stays at 5/8 then the chance of signing Greenshields is quite good!
For the centres, Brett Delaney would be a good option as a promising youngster and I'd like to see either an experienced centre in one spot and
a young gun coming through the ranks....Mick Devere maybe.....
Ashton Sims is one player I would like to see in the Titan jersey next year and Im not sure what his contract details are like but he could work from either the first or second row, but it wouldn't hurt to bleed another junior in this posititon.

What do you think? Feel free to mention those who you think would be a great utility for us or an impact bench player!!!! (Is Jensen available? ;) )

DeeGan
13-04-06, 11:23 AM
I have been quoted on here many times hoping to sign the following players;

Fullback: Clinton Greenshields (Stg Illawarra) - fantactic young fullback who has expressed interest in a chance at the Gold Coast before. Greenshields would give us a good young fullback who has the majority of the boxes ticked for a young fullback. I would love to see him given the chance over a full NRL season.

Centres: Brett Delaney (Parramatta) and Mick Devere (Huddersfield) - Delaney is a centre prospect I have been singing his praises since late last year, I think he is a signing that gives us a career centre, five-eight or even lock if required. Capable goal kicker and a level headed player who will only get better. Mick Devere is as professional as they come and has represented NSW and Australia. Devere would be a great role model for the Elite Academy players and a loyal club man who would relish in a new team environment.

Prop: Carl Webb (North QLD) & [insert young prop here] - Webb would be a fantastic signing in partnering Luke Bailey. What a tandem that would be in setting the platform for Prince and Campbell to work their magic. We need a very good prop rotation and whilst a name is not inserted at this point, we should be looking a guys who are not going to be detrimental to us when the started are of the field. Brisbane for example can go missing minus Webcke and Petero, a young prop in the mould of a Matthew Scott, Fui Fui Moi Moi, Adam Poore etc.

Haven't the time to throw names around, though a player who can play the majority of the 80 minutes would be great plus another explosive type in the Webb mould.

Teegy
13-04-06, 11:53 AM
Fullback- Clint Greenshields or Luke Patten
Centres- Josh Hanney and Shane Elford, Brett Delaney
Prop- Carl Webb, Aston Sims
2nd Row- if possible Ben Creagh if not Webb and Sims play 2nd row

Interchange- Justin Poore
Henry Perenara
Aaron Gorrell (would be starting hooker in my team)
Luke Stuart

im problerly millions over the cap.

maroon man
13-04-06, 03:01 PM
I would like to see the following:-

FULLBACK - Richie Mathers
CENTRE - Willie Tonga, Jake Webster
PROP - David Solomona
SECOND ROW - Justin Poore
INTERCHANGE - Steve Turner

Luke
13-04-06, 04:12 PM
Fullback - Clint Greenshields
Centre - Nigel Vagana
Prop - Antonio Kaufusi
2nd Row - Ashton Sims
Interchange - Dean Widders

patskE
13-04-06, 06:03 PM
i rkn Aaron Gorrell would be a mad pickup, drop that friend kid, who is he anyway rofl
greeny or that guys from england would be good for fullback, i would also think carny and him would have the best teamwork and **** as they both from england
deanley has impressed me at parramatter and i always like mcdeve
webb would work solidy next to baily and would setup a mad platform
maybe millard from dragons? dont know if his of contact but use to goto same school as him and his pretty good, up and coming

Kingytek
13-04-06, 07:00 PM
Sorry about the technicality but Carney is Welsh. And Friend is a good hooker stuck behind a slightly better hooker with Cameron Smith, thats who he is....
:D

Super Cronk
13-04-06, 10:09 PM
i rkn Aaron Gorrell would be a mad pickup, drop that friend kid, who is he anyway rofl
greeny or that guys from england would be good for fullback, i would also think carny and him would have the best teamwork and **** as they both from england
deanley has impressed me at parramatter and i always like mcdeve
webb would work solidy next to baily and would setup a mad platform
maybe millard from dragons? dont know if his of contact but use to goto same school as him and his pretty good, up and coming

Friend? Great defender who puts in 110% no matter. Attack is ok but wont matter with Prince and presto in the team.

CWBush
14-04-06, 12:43 PM
Kurt Gidley is off contract this year, and word is the Knights can't afford to offer him the kind of money he's currently on. Whilst he's not much of a half in Johns' absence (and Presto certainly isn't the carrying kind of five eighth), he would make a very good centre. That's where most Newcastle fans have wanted him for some time now. If not in the centres, his utility value would be great. He defends brilliantly and has a great support game. Would be a nice acquisition for the side.

Sorry about the technicality but Carney is Welsh.

Sorry about the technicality, but Carney is Irish.

Blunt_Beno
14-04-06, 03:18 PM
1. clint greenshields / brenton bowen / luke patten
2. Matt Peterson
3. chris walker / josh hannay / daniel fitzhenry
4. jamie lyon / mick de vere / clinton toopi
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. hutch maiava / antonio kaufusi / lance thompson
9. Nathan Friend
10. Luke Bailey
11. mark minichello / david stagg / carl webb
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. dean widders
15. greg bird
16. matt ballin
17.bronx goodwin

Greg Bird would be a great gain for the club, he can cover most positions and would be a good strike weapon coming off the bench.

Brenton Bowen is a class player who is stuck behind some of the best backs in the game, given a chance i believe he would succeed in first grade, he can cover any position in the back line, also gives another kicking choice.

Chris Walker, although he isnt a very liked player, he has blistering speed which would be very handy running off of prince and campbell. Also another goal kicker.

Josh Hannay is a great player with a great deal of experience, one of the leagues top goal kickers and also a great deffender. now that ty williams has been appointed to the centres and Josh having to drop to the young guns to make room for him i can see Hannay looking elsewhere.

Matt Ballin has a great deal of potential, i believe he could play either in the backrow or in the centres. having played all of my junior footy both alongside and against him, im confident given the right coaching and the chance to gain some confidence he would be a star player.

CWBush
14-04-06, 03:37 PM
There's pretty strong word that Widders wants to follow Brian Smith to Newcastle in 2007. No word on whether or not the Knights are interested.

Titanium_BD1103
14-04-06, 04:41 PM
Well I can't pick a whole team, so I will just name some players I think would be good to look at come June 30... :)

- Willie Tonga
- Clint Greenshields
- Jake Webster
- Timana Tahu
- Josh Hannay
- Mick De Vere
- Carl Webb
- Ashton Sims.. :)

Blunt_Beno
15-04-06, 09:44 AM
hannay looks promising. in todays paper he says that he will deffinately be having talks with the titans, as he wasnt even named in the 18 man squad for this weekends clash with the knights. :clap:

Kingytek
15-04-06, 11:10 AM
Hannay is looking good. A quality (when in form) centre with Kicking ability!
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18815135-23214,00.html

Dakink
15-04-06, 11:12 AM
Certainly would add much needed experience outwide.

The Original Idiot
15-04-06, 02:18 PM
I hope they get Brenton McConnell of the Cowboys.. yes again I will sing his praises. I want him at this club.

Also Adam Starr of Redcliffe, big bustling forward, played well today in QLD cup, i think he played for Roosters or Eels a while back.

DeeGan
15-04-06, 10:13 PM
As per the thread by Helen, I would take Josh Hannay before the older Mick Devere at this point in time. Hannay is a good centre with goal kicking ability and solid defence. I am sure we will hear more after June 30 and with Billy Johnstone on his way down here (with Carl Webb we hope), our chances look on the up given Hannay is the third ranked centre at the NQ club.

Kingytek
16-04-06, 08:46 AM
I believe Hannay just needs a change in environment. He's been with the club since age 15, maybe a fresh start on the Gold Coast will do the guy well. Just like Webb moving to Cowboys in the first place he was forced out of his comfort zone and this where he has reinvented himself.
I wouldn't mind seeing Devere and Hannay in the centres but I dont think the current Cap will cover both wages. So I will happily settle with either one and a junior\q cup gun

patskE
16-04-06, 11:18 AM
yeh kingtek thats wat i said in the other thread
look as amos roberts and ****
finding it hard to make first grade for dragons
moves west and becomes the star player for the panthers

i rkn hannay will become cheapy, not to expensive

patskE
16-04-06, 11:23 AM
deegen i see in ur 1st post u say mathew scott
is he off contact?
cause form wat i seen of this kid i like, i rkn maybe even australian prop soon to come i rkn
him next to baily or him coming of when the players are getting tired would be mad
if you can sing him, get him

ben creagh is just a solid kid, he only knows one things, run hard, would be a good signing for the 2nd row

tonga has the ability to beat players 1v1, he would be a good centre to pick up infront of deleany

if Dean Widders dont goto newcastle, pick him up, time and time again he has proven himself as the nrl's best strike player of the bench

patskE
16-04-06, 01:13 PM
boys just read in paper that manly havnt resigned minzies yet
he would be a great leader and stuff
he can lead by example, mayeb try go after him :S

Kingytek
16-04-06, 02:21 PM
boys just read in paper that manly havnt resigned minzies yet
he would be a great leader and stuff
he can lead by example, mayeb try go after him :S
Sorry Patske, can't see menzies in a Titans jersey!
We want players for the long haul, he's winding down his career!

patskE
16-04-06, 04:59 PM
scott had a solid game just then, better then webb

Blunt_Beno
16-04-06, 05:10 PM
i seen in todays paper that greenshields is looking elsewhere as the dragons wont play him in first garde now that hornby is back at fullback. but also says he will be looking elsewhere other than the goldcoast cause they are interested in another full back. who would this be?

Kallan
16-04-06, 05:17 PM
Mathers maybe

patskE
16-04-06, 05:17 PM
mathers
that d00d form england iam guessing

Blunt_Beno
16-04-06, 05:21 PM
are yes. very similar to shifcofske IMO

patskE
16-04-06, 05:22 PM
one of those 2 will be fine i rkn

Blunt_Beno
16-04-06, 05:23 PM
yep either way im sure they can both do the job well

Kingytek
17-04-06, 06:48 AM
i seen in todays paper that greenshields is looking elsewhere as the dragons wont play him in first garde now that hornby is back at fullback. but also says he will be looking elsewhere other than the goldcoast cause they are interested in another full back. who would this be?

Has someone told Greeny that Leeds wants to resign Mathers, and Mathers is keen to stay?

The Original Idiot
17-04-06, 10:18 AM
I think we will see Greenshields wearing the no. 1 for the Titans next year, rather than Mathers. Mathers said a few months back he did not want to come and play for GC.

lonegull
17-04-06, 10:32 AM
by the look of it in the rugby league week mathers is giving leeds the last shot at him with his preferred option staying at leeds so green shields will be in the titans no1

Blunt_Beno
18-04-06, 12:43 PM
I heard tonga has been saying he wants to move back to qld. he would be a great buy but would take a large chunk of the cap.

patskE
18-04-06, 12:59 PM
tonga as in willie or that forward?

The Original Idiot
18-04-06, 12:59 PM
I'm pretty sure he means Willie Tonga and not Charlie Tonga, who plays in the Roosters forward pack.

Kingytek
18-04-06, 02:35 PM
Im not sure about Willie Tonga. He's a gun who is awesome when in form. I just dont like when players drop the dirty word 'Union' He has mentioned this previously and if he's expressed in qld then he maybe looking at the Reds.
Awesome player, love to have him, doubt he will come!

Eel 33
18-04-06, 02:47 PM
Im sure the GC scouts have been watching the lower grade teams with interest. There are a lot of young guns in those teams who would be suitable for the Titans. Think QLD cup and Premier League. Watch for a few names to be pulled from there.

Blunt_Beno
18-04-06, 07:35 PM
Yes Willie, although charlie also being from qld would also be nice to gain haha. Honestly i dont believe willie would ever go to union, i think his manager is just trying to make him some more money.

patskE
19-04-06, 12:20 AM
man i cant really see anyone bar wingers/fullback mvoing to union, i jsut think they would be **** at it
willie tonga would be a good pick up

RIP
19-04-06, 09:18 AM
1. clint greenshields / brenton bowen / Brent Webb / rhys wesser
2. Matt Peterson
3. daniel fitzhenry / Anthony Quinn / clinton toopi
4. jamie lyon / Nigel Vagana / Willie Tonga / chris walker
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Stuart Fielden / Kylie Leuluai / Paul Stringer
9. Nathan Friend
10. Luke Bailey
11. carl webb / Chad Robinson / Criag Fitzgibbon / Dene Halatau
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Justin Smith
15. Shane Elford
16. Fuifui Moimoi / John Skandalis
17.Adrian Morley / David Shillington

HodgoBerro
19-04-06, 09:53 AM
greg bird has too many brain explosions

Kingytek
19-04-06, 10:25 AM
greg bird has too many brain explosions

On and off the field!

lonegull
19-04-06, 10:32 AM
theres better players out there than greg bird go with a couple of up and coming juniors there

The Original Idiot
19-04-06, 02:51 PM
1. clint greenshields / brenton bowen / Brent Webb / rhys wesser
2. Matt Peterson
3. daniel fitzhenry / Anthony Quinn / clinton toopi
4. jamie lyon / Nigel Vagana / Willie Tonga / chris walker
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Stuart Fielden / Kylie Leuluai / Paul Stringer
9. Nathan Friend
10. Luke Bailey
11. carl webb / Chad Robinson / Criag Fitzgibbon / Dene Halatau
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Justin Smith
15. Shane Elford
16. Fuifui Moimoi / John Skandalis
17.Adrian Morley / David Shillington
You do realise we have no chance of getting most of these guys? Quite a lot of them are tied wup for quite a while.

Chaos
19-04-06, 06:19 PM
Hanney is a good allround player but he has nothing on Willy Tonga.
With Price as your half, a strike player out wide will have a field day.
If Tonga wants to come to QLD, sell him the Gold Coast lifestyle.

Foi Foi Moi Moi is playing this week, just watch how tough he is

I think Webb has already signed with the Cowboys

patskE
20-04-06, 01:19 AM
chaos, the titans are after 2 centre
y not have both?
anyway try get that scott kid from cowboys
maybe there a chance with webb resigning that he maybe come to GC for a starting spot

Chaos
20-04-06, 04:32 PM
chaos, the titans are after 2 centre
y not have both?

You have a point patskE but I just think we should firstly put our focus on a top class attacking centre, since we have halves that can feed them the ball.

Steelers
20-04-06, 10:05 PM
According to Danny Weidler on the Footy Show, Justin Poore has been linked to the GC for 2007.

Steve Dangerous
20-04-06, 11:34 PM
i hear Gaz is available

Kingytek
21-04-06, 03:14 PM
Meanwhile in a boost for the Eels, the club announced today that it had reached new contract deals with four players.

Ben Smith, Chad Robinson, Fuifui Moimoi and Jarryd Hayne have all agreed to terms for a further two years.

Smith said he was happy to have his future settled.

"Parramatta gave me my first crack in the NRL and I always wanted to repay that. I consider myself a Parramatta player and it is great to have everything settled," Smith said in a club statement.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200604/s1620770.htm

Chaos
21-04-06, 10:37 PM
I just watched the Parramatta/Tigers game and Delany didn't impress me much. He looks big and can kick but no flair and doesn't read the game all that well.
Why chase a kicker when Preston and Prince can Kick?

In defense, Peterson still came in off his wing.
I wonder if Brian Smith had a word to him after his last game?

Dakink
22-04-06, 08:39 AM
Yea Delaney was quiet, looks solid but I think he needs the right coaching. Peterson I though defended OK, read the high ball well, again needs direction from the coaching staff.

patskE
22-04-06, 01:09 PM
i rkn u need centre like the dragons
one that is solid in defance and then the other one that has that zip in his step
like the cowboys aswell

Titanium_BD1103
23-04-06, 10:51 AM
Any chance of us getting the Tigers Fullback from Friday night.. OMG he can run... and with some game time and some training under his belt.. he could be the next superstar.. :)

Shannon McDonnell- A must for any side wanting an up and coming fullback come 2007... hopefully maybe the Titans.. ;)

patskE
23-04-06, 10:56 AM
i didnt watch that game but i heard many good things
there was even an article about him on news.com.au

Luke
23-04-06, 11:37 AM
Its reported that the Titans are going to make an offer to David Seage if he is not re-signed by the knights before June 30.

patskE
23-04-06, 01:11 PM
maybe they signing him as a winger?

Luke
23-04-06, 03:04 PM
maybe they signing him as a winger?

Well he can play anywhere from 1-5 so he can be used as a utility back.

brn2bwyld
23-04-06, 08:32 PM
Tonga linked to cowboys for 2007. Webb resigned for cowboys as well. Hannay looks like he wont get a run at Cows. This shocks me as ashley graham is a bludger who is to slow for centeres. Leon Bott is in Q cup so maybe him?

The Original Idiot
24-04-06, 05:22 AM
The Broncs have backs coming out of their ears, we should try to nab some, be it Bott or anyone else.

Kingytek
24-04-06, 05:47 AM
The Broncs have backs coming out of their ears, we should try to nab some, be it Bott or anyone else.
But quality backs not scott minto etc :satan:

slinky
24-04-06, 02:36 PM
I really would like to see mic de vere in the titans jersey next year or even josh hannay. We need a good goal kicker and thats why I beleive one of these would do great. I have heard that de'vere wants to play for either broncos, titans or switch to union and play for the reds next year. As the broncos already have many centres and wingers I beleive he would be a great buy for the titans. :box:

Titanium_BD1103
24-04-06, 03:08 PM
I really would like to see mic de vere in the titans jersey next year or even josh hannay. We need a good goal kicker and thats why I beleive one of these would do great. I have heard that de'vere wants to play for either broncos, titans or switch to union and play for the reds next year. As the broncos already have many centres and wingers I beleive he would be a great buy for the titans. :box:

I agree with you Slinky that we need good centres and De Vere and Hannay would be great for that... I reckon if the Titans can get them both, it would be a huge asset.. :)

Goalkicking though will not be a problem at the GC, with or without De Vere, we have 2 of the best in Preston, who is kicking them consistently for the Panthers and Scotty Prince who on Friday Night showed he is no sloush with the boot either... ;)

patskE
24-04-06, 03:48 PM
i dont reckon we should get both
they both have the same style i reckon
only need one of them
i serious think you need someone who can beat players 1 on 1, like gaz, hogdes. i think the right man is tonga, his down on form, just needs a new start i rkn
de vere and tonga would be a great pairing
no point having great halves when the centre's are really attacking ones

Kingytek
24-04-06, 07:15 PM
I wish the cap was big enough for both!!!!

Chaos
24-04-06, 10:04 PM
I don't see the value in the Titans buying a centre on his kicking ability.
Spending money on a great kicker is only chasing a small amount of points.
Buying a great centre can win you a game.

Prince and Preston both kick well enough to win games.

Coaster
24-04-06, 10:08 PM
Devere is more then a Goal kicker, his is an awesome player
or was.

Personaly i would rather spend money on Tonga and Greenshields and bring a young center though the grades.

Chaos
24-04-06, 10:35 PM
Devere is more then a Goal kicker, his is an awesome player
or was.

Personaly i would rather spend money on Tonga and Greenshields and bring a young center though the grades.

Yeah...he's half metal.

The trainer doesn't carry bandages for him...he carries tools.

patskE
25-04-06, 12:17 PM
goal kicker is pretty important
if u chasing a 12 point margin, he makes the difference between 2 converted tie's or 3 ties
but i would rather a better center who will scores try's from nothing so they can be converted

Kingytek
25-04-06, 02:52 PM
Between Preston and Prince who can kick and the possible signings of Delaney, Devere or Hannay I think we have kicking duties under control!

patskE
25-04-06, 05:11 PM
look at the % of them but

Dragons
25-04-06, 08:14 PM
look at the % of them but
the 96 of them what? lol.(Deception of the eyes)

Dragons
25-04-06, 08:18 PM
check out the percentage in the writing and the quote...amazing

Blunt_Beno
25-04-06, 09:00 PM
different settings in the font haha. % %

Kingytek
28-04-06, 07:20 AM
Sign Scott Hill, put him in the number 6 and put Preston in the number 14.

Dakink
28-04-06, 07:33 AM
Or put Hill in 13?

Blunt_Beno
28-04-06, 10:03 AM
or put preston at fullback

patskE
28-04-06, 11:10 AM
preston is a good fullback but his to small i rkn when the bombs are put up he has trouble getting em if its contested i rkn
if u would sign scott hill move him to 13, his played SOO their and is well suited

Super Cronk
28-04-06, 11:19 AM
Or put Hill in 13?

Yep put him at lock...thats where he plays his best footy.

The Original Idiot
28-04-06, 08:28 PM
Scott Hill would be too expensive. We are better off signing a Kirk Reynoldson-type, a workhorse.

patskE
28-04-06, 08:51 PM
going by peston 2night, his a solid goalkicker
so i would get tonga and deleany for centre's i rkn
hanny is solid, best aset is goal kicking were tonga cna beat ppl 1 on 1 and deleany is a up and comer

The Original Idiot
28-04-06, 08:52 PM
Presto kicked well tonight. Good on him!

Blunt_Beno
30-04-06, 02:48 PM
going by peston 2night, his a solid goalkicker
so i would get tonga and deleany for centre's i rkn
hanny is solid, best aset is goal kicking were tonga cna beat ppl 1 on 1 and deleany is a up and comer

getting deleany instead of hannay also opens up some more money in for other players, as hannay is a rep player (or has been) he would be worth quite a bit more.

patskE
30-04-06, 04:43 PM
watching deleany 2day
his a gun kicker
better then hanny anyway
and would come cheaper and u can trian this kid

Kingytek
02-05-06, 01:48 PM
watching deleany 2day
his a gun kicker
better then hanny anyway
and would come cheaper and u can trian this kid
deleany didnt have a bad game on friday hey? I thought he played well and parra was lucky to lose this game

patskE
02-05-06, 03:07 PM
yeh, his solid man
i would invest in him > hanny and deveare
this kid has a future i rkn
thats y i been saying get tonga and deleany(hima nd peterson alreayd have a combo from parra whcih would work great)

The Original Idiot
02-05-06, 03:59 PM
Plaese tpye proeprly.

patskE
02-05-06, 06:20 PM
make me...
maybe if u had spell check or something
i jsut cbf to reread stuff i type
so bl

Chaos
02-05-06, 07:09 PM
I haven't jumped on the Delaney band wagon yet. He hasn't impressed me in the games I saw.

He does look like a Hanney/Devere type of player...can kick and strong enough to play a blind side centre.
Not your main attacking centre, thats Tonga

If we're looking at that slyle of player, the advantage is Delaney would come at a lower cost the Hannay and Devere.

Supergoose
02-05-06, 10:26 PM
Sorry about the technicality but Carney is Welsh. And Friend is a good hooker stuck behind a slightly better hooker with Cameron Smith, thats who he is....
:D
Isn't Carney Irish?

Supergoose
02-05-06, 10:30 PM
We need some good strong ball runners and Delaney and Hannay aren't the answer. I don't know what Marshall Chalk's situation is but he'd be a great signing as would Tonga. I'd be looking at Gavin and Dustin Cooper, Leon Bott and Steve Turner as well.

patskE
03-05-06, 12:14 AM
i need a balance
one centre for attack one for defeance otherwise u will jsut get owned when they attack u
look at dragons, gaz for attack, copper for Defance

Kingytek
03-05-06, 06:29 AM
i need a balance
one centre for attack one for defeance otherwise u will jsut get owned when they attack u
look at dragons, gaz for attack, copper for Defance

Mind you, cooper can attack pretty well....

patskE
03-05-06, 02:29 PM
ahah yeh
watch him last game?
he has the same step as gaz now ahaha
but still, deleany is big and strong and with the right training he can be a strike player

maroon man
04-05-06, 12:00 PM
Todany's Gold Coast Bulletin has an article on the Titan's interest in Luke Swain from Penrith.
It says, in part............" [B]The Gold Coast Titans are poised to kickstart a massive buying spree by pouncing on Penrith forward Luke Swain ahead of the National Rugby League's June 30 anti-tampering deadline.
Swain has been given permission to negotiate as Penrith try to juggle the books to hang on to Kiwi international Frank Pritchard."
John Catrwright is quoted in the article as saying "as far as marquee players go, we have Scott Prince, Luke Bailey and Preston Campbell so we dont have that much more room ( under the salary cap). What we need is some tradesmen, good workers and he's a lot more than that. luke is a premiership -winning player and he's the type of player we'd certainly like to look at. I know him well. I coached him in the lower grades. He's won a grand final and he is coming into his best football"
Just turned 24, Swain debuted for the Panthers in 2003.
Cartwright expects there'll be several other clubs keen to talk to the flame-haired backrower but Swain's manager, Alan Gainey, believes he'd be willing to help build the new club." luke's getting to the top of his game and looking for a challenge. carty rates him and he'd enjoy being challenged by Billy Johnstone as the conditioner."
IMO Swain would be a top but and would add some starch and work ethic to what is turning out to be a formidable pack.Let's hope he buys up big on 30+ sunscreen and heads north.

patskE
04-05-06, 12:04 PM
luke swain, good kid trys hard
he would be a good buy, his a work horse

lonegull
04-05-06, 12:52 PM
good alround footballer 80 minute man as well

patskE
04-05-06, 03:09 PM
reminds me of like odonnald from cowboys
does everything

Merrick
04-05-06, 04:23 PM
My choices for the Titans would be

Fullback: Clinton Schicofkse(spelling), Brett Stewart
Centres: Jamie Lyon, Shontayne Hape, Willie Tonga, and possibly Lesley Vainikolo
Prop: Shane Tronc, Adrian Morley, Iafeta Paleaseana, David Solomona, Sam Thaiday
Second Row: Shane Rodney, Dean Widders

patskE
04-05-06, 05:47 PM
an how many of those ppl are off contact this year?

The Original Idiot
04-05-06, 06:17 PM
Note to Mods: The Luke Swain info needs its own thread.

Swain is a good, hard player. We need people to bolster the pack with more signings.

The Gold Coast Titans are poised to kickstart a massive buying spree
I like the sound of that! :D

patskE
06-05-06, 01:10 AM
The warning is a serious one because the Dragons have 10 players coming off contract, including some of the club's best young names such as Mathew Head, Ben Creagh, Ashton Sims, Justin Poore and Michael Henderson.

i rkn ben creagh would be a great buy if u can get him
he jsut runs hard and forward
young kid too

Teegy
06-05-06, 06:22 AM
i rkn ben creagh would be a great buy if u can get him
he jsut runs hard and forward
young kid too
Creagh would be an awesome buy but i think the dragons have him locked up with baz leaving. you wil see all the rest of the dragons resigned sooni would think

lonegull
07-05-06, 11:20 AM
Reading an article in The sunday telegraph where Justin poore is interested to come to the titans would be a good pick up very underated forward

Dakink
07-05-06, 12:18 PM
Reading an article in The sunday telegraph where Justin poore is interested to come to the titans would be a good pick up very underated forward

And is playing well at the Dragons!

Kingytek
17-05-06, 06:30 AM
So at this stage it's safe to say almost every player thats off contract at June 30 has been rumoured to linking with the Titans but lets get serious. Who are the srious contenders.
I have heard alot of talk about Delaney, Tonga, Greenshields, Mathers and Devere. Ok, so to fill the 13 we need 1 fullback 2 centres and 2 forwards (Prop and Backrow).
45 Days left, in this time we will see clubs resign their players and I would really love to see Titans plan of attack come June 30.

...btw if Nath Barnes keeps up his form then we could keep a jersey for him. He could easily fill the spot if the centres were out of form or injured. This would be a great way to blood him into the NRL

Dakink
17-05-06, 08:38 AM
Barnes is looking like a likely prospect isnt he??

I wonder if John Cartwright and co have any QLD Cup players in mind for next year?

Any way of finding out Deegs? Obviously he cant talk about currently listed platers but is he able to give us an idea of where they are heading or aiming to go?

patskE
19-05-06, 02:36 PM
Fullback Wade McKinnon has asked for permission to negotiate with rival NRL teams, his agent saying four clubs have indicated their interest.

Dean Widders, John Morris, Brett Delaney, Aaron Cannings, Luke Burt and Paul Stringer are among other players who face an uncertain future in western Sydney.

would one of those teams be titans?
also wat a signing dean widders would be... along with brett delaney
paul stringer might be alright for a bench, just for some exp on the side

Supergoose
19-05-06, 06:14 PM
McKinnon was Parra's best last week. I've never had a massive rap on him but he was very impressive in a beaten side and would be a top asset at the Titans IMO.

The Original Idiot
20-05-06, 04:59 PM
I like the look of Aaron Cannings from patskE's list. He is a monster.

Teegy
20-05-06, 05:06 PM
I like the look of Aaron Cannings from patskE's list. He is a monster.
Cannings is big but can he make it as a NRL regular. id go with a young GC boy from our Elite Squad

The Original Idiot
20-05-06, 05:11 PM
Cannings hasn't played too badly in the NRL. With the proper training he will be a nightmare for the opposition. Billy will train him up good.

Teegy
20-05-06, 05:13 PM
Cannings hasn't played too badly in the NRL. With the proper training he will be a nightmare for the opposition. Billy will train him up good.
ill take your word on that. hopefully he signs so we can see him as a regular

The Original Idiot
20-05-06, 05:15 PM
I've seen him play a couple games. Eel 33 or Dan the man would be a better source, though.

Luke
20-05-06, 07:39 PM
Aaron Cannings could be a great impact player like Sam thaiday for Brisbane if he can get fit.

Kingytek
01-06-06, 10:35 AM
I believe we need to secure at least one of the following.
Ben Creagh, Justin Poore or Ashton Sims as they still havent been signed for next season!

Teegy
01-06-06, 11:58 AM
I believe we need to secure at least one of the following.
Ben Creagh, Justin Poore or Ashton Sims as they still havent been signed for next season!
Poore or sims is a possibility but Creagh wont be leaving the dragons. actually i heard on the rumor mill the Sims is all but signed to the roosters next year.

Luke
01-06-06, 04:21 PM
Well Justin Poore has been linked to the Titans before so it could be possible.

corbally
01-06-06, 04:31 PM
Meyers in two-year deal with Titans
Thursday, June 1, 2006 - 2:50 PM

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright is confident the fledgling NRL's club's latest recruit Brad Meyers can recapture the form which propelled the second-rower into Queensland and Australian jerseys five years ago.

Meyers, 26, has signed a two-year deal with the Titans and will move to the Gold Coast when his two-year stint with world club champion Bradford finishes at the end of the English Super League season.

"He's coming here for the right reasons," Cartwright said.

"He's gone away and won a grand final and a world club championship (with Bradford). I don't think he ever wanted to leave the NRL in the first place.

"I suppose he sees this as a chance of proving to people he's still capable of playing NRL."

A former Brisbane Bronco, Meyers built a reputation as one of the most damaging forwards in the NRL and in 2001 he debuted for both Queensland and Australia, playing four Tests for the Kangaroos.

But his form dipped over the next three seasons and the Broncos released him at the end of 2004 with three years left on his contract.

"Unless you know the fellow inside out it's hard to speculate why his form dropped away," Cartwright said.

"He lost a bit of confidence in himself and maybe the Broncos lost their confidence in him.

"You never stop being able to play. You get old and things don't work as well but he's still only 26 years old.

"For whatever reason he went away to England and got his enthusiasm for the game back.

"The biggest thing for me is that he wants to come here and prove himself again."

Meyers won a grand final with Bradford in 2005 and helped the Bulls to a 30-10 victory over Wests Tigers in this year's World Club Challenge.

Although lacking any centres, Cartwright said he never expected to have such a decent squad four weeks out from the June 30 anti-tampering deadline.

"We're really happy with what we've been able to achieve so far," the coach added.

"I didn't envisage we'd have the quality of the players we've got.

"It's still going to be a bit of a frenzy come June 30 but we've got the basis of a good team there."

St George Illawarra prop Luke Bailey and Tigers halfback Scott Prince are the Gold Coast's marquee signings heading into its inaugural season.

There is speculation Test veteran Craig Fitzgibbon will join the Titans if he can't reach agreement on a new contract with the Sydney Roosters while Penrith's Frank Pritchard has also been linked with the club.

Luke
01-06-06, 04:50 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/152/titansteam7zu.png (http://imageshack.us)

Heres an update for the picture of the squad in the first post but its not including Meyers.

corbally
01-06-06, 04:57 PM
Wheres Mark mini? He signed didnt he?

The Original Idiot
01-06-06, 05:04 PM
^
No, not to my knowledge at least.

Luke
01-06-06, 05:08 PM
Wheres Mark mini? He signed didnt he?

No he hasnt officailly signed yet but he has been linked to the Titans.

Luke
02-06-06, 07:03 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6637/titansteam9ra.png (http://imageshack.us)

Updated team list meyers included.

Kingytek
03-06-06, 05:51 AM
Good job!
WANTED: Two centres and four quality utilities forwards coming off the bench!
Once this is complete we need 8 players to make up the 25 squad, this will be made up of the best players from the feeders and other fringe nrl players we can pick up after june 30...

patskE
03-06-06, 07:32 AM
we need someone like tonga or something so peterson looks good
i wouldnt mind seeing greenshields at the titans with mathers at center

Luke
04-06-06, 06:56 PM
Was listening to 2GB radio and they said Paul Aiton has been linked to the Titans.

patrick
04-06-06, 08:58 PM
This is my first ever post. :clap:

Was listening to 2GB radio and they said Paul Aiton has been linked to the Titans.

Nice!
Aiton would be a very good bench player as a strike player. He is a good young ballplaying forward who is lightning quick out of dummy half.
I was thinking about having him in my team. would be a good asset to the side. ;)

I would like to see Mathers at fullback, but if Greenshields also gets signed, they may be able to switch between fullback and centre (as they both could play anywhere in the backline) for certain games. (I know that sounds a bit silly though :roll:, but it could be considered)

Chaos
04-06-06, 09:19 PM
This is my first ever post. :clap:

Nice!

I would like to see Mathers at fullback, but if Greenshields also gets signed, they may be able to switch between fullback and centre (as they both could play anywhere in the backline) for certain games. (I know that sounds a bit silly though :roll:, but it could be considered)

I'm not a fan of centres that can't pass the football, so I don't think signing Greenshields to maybe play centre is a good idea.

We have already signed a fullback, so lets focus on an attacking centre, who is specialised in that position.

Kingytek
05-06-06, 07:01 AM
Just an article I found as being a good read! Especially the last paragraph

Titans take risk
http://www.tweednews.com.au/localsport/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3686908&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=
By DANIEL PACE

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright is confident the fledgling NRL club?s latest recruit Brad Meyers can recapture the form which propelled the second-rower into Queensland and Australian jerseys five years ago.

Meyers, (pictured), has signed a two-year deal with the Titans and will move to the Gold Coast when his two-year stint with world club champion Bradford finishes at the end of the English Super League season.

"He?s coming here for the right reasons," Cart-wright said yesterday.

"He?s gone away and won a grand final and a world club championship (with Bradford). I don?t think he ever wanted to leave the NRL in the first place.

"I suppose he sees this as a chance of proving to people he?s still capable of playing NRL."

A former Brisbane Bronco, Meyers built a reputation as one of the most damaging forwards in the NRL and in 2001 he debuted for both Queensland and Australia, playing four Tests for the Kangaroos.

But his form dipped over the next three seasons and the Broncos released him at the end of 2004 with three years left on his contract.

"Unless you know the fellow inside out it?s hard to speculate why his form dropped away," Cartwright said.

"For whatever reason he went away to England and got his enthusiasm for the game back.

"The biggest thing for me is that he wants to come here and prove himself again."

Meyers won a grand final with Bradford in 2005 and helped the Bulls to a 30-10 victory over Wests Tigers in this year?s World Club Challenge.

Although lacking any centres, Cartwright said he never expected to have such a decent squad four weeks out from the June 30 anti-tampering deadline.

"We?re really happy with what we?ve been able to achieve so far," the coach added.

"I didn?t envisage we?d have the quality of the players we?ve got.

"It?s still going to be a bit of a frenzy come June 30 but we?ve got the basis of a good team there."

St George Illawarra prop Luke Bailey and Tigers halfback Scott Prince are the Gold Coast?s marquee signings heading into its inaugural season.

There is speculation Test veteran Craig Fitzgibbon will join the Titans if he can?t reach agreement on a new contract with the Sydney Roosters while Penrith?s Frank Pritchard has also been linked with the club.

patskE
05-06-06, 07:26 AM
craig would be a good signing, i dont rate him highy but his alright, only has like 2 years left in him, max so his one of those players who has good leadership and expienace which we need, frank is one of those players who knows his good and has a big head, dont really like him but he is a decent player nevertheless, i would rather pulatoa(how ever u spell it) in the side then them

Luke
05-06-06, 06:22 PM
If Steve simpson plays the last 2 Origins and he will become a free agent and the Titans are in the running to get him.

Kingytek
07-06-06, 06:49 AM
It appears as though Tonga is closing to resigning for 2yrs at the dogs!

Gonzalez
07-06-06, 02:37 PM
Are you sure? I heard that he wanted to go back to QLD....

Kingytek
07-06-06, 02:52 PM
Are you sure? I heard that he wanted to go back to QLD....

They said so on 2GB apparently

Gonzalez
07-06-06, 02:56 PM
They said so on 2GB apparently
Hmm Fair enough....I hope the Cowboys go after him. :thumbsup: :p

Teegy
07-06-06, 02:57 PM
its been rumered that he wants to leave but lately it tipped he would resign. i wouldn't suprize me to hear him resigned tommorrow

Chaos
07-06-06, 09:01 PM

I don't mean to be rude but what does 'close to signing' mean?

No good negotiator would give any hints before signing a deal.

Titanium_BD1103
08-06-06, 10:31 AM
Very true...

*RUMOUR*...

It is rumoured to be happening either tomorrow afternoon or sometime early next week and Willie will re-sign with the Bulldogs... apparently Reni's re-signing helped that decision dramatically.. ;)

patskE
10-06-06, 11:07 PM
i rkn sign the macdoguall brothers, they have that connection, put them on 1 side and then carny and hanny or something on the other would work well
then when adam retire's luke can take his spot and fill the wing spot with an up and comer i rkn

patskE
11-06-06, 11:45 AM
wat u guys think about Manese Manakafoa? last few tiems i last the souths game, he has been an stand out, and would be better with better players around him i rkn
i rkn sign up up if we can
wat u guys rkn?

Teegy
11-06-06, 11:52 AM
wat u guys think about Manese Manakafoa? last few tiems i last the souths game, he has been an stand out, and would be better with better players around him i rkn
i rkn sign up up if we can
wat u guys rkn?
better players available for the same type of money IMO. id target Justin Poore

Dakink
11-06-06, 01:56 PM
Poore is reputably asking 200k plus - dont think he is worth that money. The Dragons have offered him 170k but his management wants more... I hope it doesnt backfire for him.

The Original Idiot
11-06-06, 02:01 PM
Fingers crossed for Clint Greenshields... he may not want to come anymore but we need an all-purpose backliner...

Blunt_Beno
13-06-06, 03:41 PM
sign greg bird

Luke
14-06-06, 04:53 PM
in RLW the Mole said the Titans are one of the front runners for Todd Lowrie.

Teegy
14-06-06, 05:47 PM
Mole thinks we are the front runners for every available player. cant trust any yet unless they have been given permission to negotiate before june 30

Luke
14-06-06, 06:07 PM
Mole thinks we are the front runners for every available player. cant trust any yet unless they have been given permission to negotiate before june 30

Yeah he has been given permission to negotiate before June 30.

Kingytek
16-06-06, 10:55 AM
It appears to be the thing to do so a player can test other clubs before June 30 then go back to the club for the final offer. Too many times you see players sign on July 1 at 8am and it all looks very suss. He have almost filled the first 17 and this is before June 30. I hope we can secure some more talent after the deadline expires

Luke
18-06-06, 10:58 AM
According to Danny Weidler he said Turner is almost 100% signed and he will play in the number 1 jersey, so does this mean Mathers would be pushed to Centre or wing ?

TitanBronco
18-06-06, 10:59 AM
Wing I suppose with Carney

The Original Idiot
18-06-06, 11:31 AM
THE seven-year partnership of Roosters skipper Craig Fitzgibbon and the Bondi club could be over as early as tomorrow.

A meeting with Fitzgibbon's manager David Riolo and Sydney Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan is set to determine his fate.

"I have a meeting scheduled with Craig's manager for early next week," Canavan said.

"We're hoping that negotiations will go favourably for both Craig and the club."

Fitzgibbon will be asked to settle for a one-year contract after the Roosters originally knocked back his bid for a two-year deal.

Salary cap pressure and the club's current rebuilding process is the biggest hurdle facing the 2002 Clive Churchill medallist.

Fitzgibbon, 29, has told Roosters management that he has no desire to leave or play for another NRL club.

"I love it here and I will be doing everything I can to stay," Fitzgibbon said.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried about it.

"It scares me to think about it (leaving). I just don't want to play for anyone else.

"I love playing here and I love everything involved with the club."

The Sunday Telegraph, June 18
Even if Fitzgibbon leaves, I feel his statement blows to smithereens any chance of him coming to the Titans, no matter what RLW say. He will either be at Bondi or in the SL next year IMO.

DeeGan
18-06-06, 01:03 PM
Even if Fitzgibbon leaves, I feel his statement blows to smithereens any chance of him coming to the Titans, no matter what RLW say. He will either be at Bondi or in the SL next year IMO.

Not to loud now - supergoose might hear :laugh:

Kingytek
22-06-06, 10:00 AM
All the hype surrounding June 30 will soon come to an end and there will be a free for all for players on the open market. Over the past month or so we have been narrowing down between ourselves and from rumours we have heard.
Can we get a final estimation of all players who are possabilities...

Yet to sign
Michael Henderson (Permission to negotiate with Titans)
Nate Myles (bound by Anti Tampering)
Roy Asotasi (bound by Anti Tampering)
Jake Webster (All but signed)
Josh Hannay
Karmichael Hunt (Bound by Anti Tampering)

Unavailable
Kaufusi
Tonga

Supergoose
22-06-06, 10:29 AM
Not to loud now - supergoose might hear :laugh:

Nice work DeeGan, but I'm not a Fitzgibbon fan (but am a RLW fan). Latest I have heard is that the Sharks will make a play for him to replace Thompson who is likely to go to Souths. BTW was DeeGan from the Gold Coast in the RLW letters the same DeeGan as this DeeGan?