PDA

View Full Version : Flashback 2005: Which No. Jersey?

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:24 PM
What do you all think about the prototype jersey selection?

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:25 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option1.jpg

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option2.jpg

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option3.jpg

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:26 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option4.jpg

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option5.jpg

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option6.jpg

League Freak
I like Option 1 and 2.

I like them because I dont think the brighter colours are tough enough....especially for such a cool logo.

eelectrica
Option 3 for mine. Don't mind 1 either.

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:27 PM
I like 1 and 4.

I just hope the end product is better than Reebok's Melbourne Storm away jersey. Which is the worst jersey in history.

And I hope the final jerseys have collars. Fans don't want to pay $180 for a glorified t shirt, they want to be able to wear them around. Fans want collars. We are rugby league, not soccer, afl or basketball.

I'm a big fan of having a jersey have elements that look like armour.

Super Cronk
22-09-05, 08:28 PM
option 1 is my fave one out of all of them...they arent bad designs.

League Freak
Yes, collars for sure.

Queenslander
I have gone for option 2 for 2 reasons, the design is cool and the colour doesnt clash with other clubs

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:30 PM
4 is growing on me more than 1 now. :D

Green Machine
22-09-05, 08:33 PM
I like 4 the most, but i think they look to much like the English Super League jerseys to be honest. Jerseys need to have collars, plain and simple. You see the broncos and storms jerseys they look like bonds shirts. Collars is a must.

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 08:39 PM
Yea the Broncos and Storm need to bring back collars.

Please Gold Coast, have collars.

KingoftheGoldCoast
22-09-05, 08:39 PM
1 and 3. 5 and 6 are too plain.

TITANMAN
22-09-05, 08:42 PM
Gudday lads, Number 2 is the best, anything better than the broncos crap is good, at last we can stop hearing about the broncos choking year after year...

Hyperion
22-09-05, 10:11 PM
I voted for option one. I like number four, but wouldn't the 'T' be broken when a sponsors logo is introduced?

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 10:14 PM
i'd love to see them use more bronze/silver like in the logo. it's very titanish. the blue and white ones are too similar to sharks/bulldogs type colours.

coldhardbitch
22-09-05, 10:23 PM
I love the colarless look

J-Storm
23-09-05, 12:31 AM
I voted for option one. I like number four, but wouldn't the 'T' be broken when a sponsors logo is introduced?

That's the 1 reason I don't like a sponsor splashed all over the front of a jersey. It takes away from the desired effect. And they have to have collars, I'm a Storm supporter but never will I own our current away jersey as like mentioned before, it just looks like a glorified Bonds t-shirt.

Back on topic though, my g/f liked #3 (as do I with #1) but #2 is my fav, the colours really make it suit the logo and name...

stb
23-09-05, 12:39 AM
Some of the jersey designs are fairly good; however they all remind me of other clubs. I like number 4. I also like the idea of the armor; maybe they could intertwine it somehow into number 4?

Christabella
23-09-05, 12:40 AM
You guys like option 4? :confused:
Don't you think it looks as if the players will be wearing ties?

A sponsors logo may break the look up but I'm sure people will still be laughing at the idea of an NRL team appearing on the field like they had a tie on.

IMO Reebok can't design a jersey, they are responsible for the abomination that is the Storm's white bonds t-shirt.

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 12:42 AM
i'm leaning towards number 2 at the moment.

DeeGan
23-09-05, 01:19 AM
I missed the thread...

I voted for option 1 though to be honest, I can make an argument for all of them barring option 3 :D

Cheers

DeeGan

Mattiger
23-09-05, 02:49 AM
i like option 1 and 3

Hyperion
23-09-05, 12:48 PM
I hope they steer towards the sea blue and sun gold for the home strip, this would make them distinct from the Cowboys. The sand and navy blue could be the dominant colours for the away jersey.

Titans#1
23-09-05, 12:56 PM
3 and 4.

1 and 2 are like the Dog's and the others look more like soccer jerseys.

..::Coops::..
23-09-05, 01:34 PM
I just hope the end product is better than Reebok's Melbourne Storm away jersey. Which is the worst jersey in history.

completely agree diehard - storm's away jersey is terrible
and jersey has to hav collar

Mason Churchill
23-09-05, 01:38 PM
On first glances I like one the most. Has it been confirmed who will be making the jerseys?

Hyperion
23-09-05, 01:40 PM
completely agree diehard - storm's away jersey is terrible
and jersey has to hav collar

With Reebok's fondness for making a fashion statement as much as anything, who knows? collars might be de rigeuer by the time the Titans jersey goes into battle.

bruski
23-09-05, 02:49 PM
Option # 2 seems to look OK, I think that they are all pretty good though.

Dummy Half
23-09-05, 03:14 PM
Option 2.
3 looks like a Storm jersey with different colours and 5 looks like a Broncos jersey with diferent colours. I like the sand type of colour beter in options 1 and 2, the rest remind me of parramatta.

Super Cronk
23-09-05, 03:16 PM
i like the no collar...

Titanium_BD1103
23-09-05, 03:18 PM
One, Three or 6 for me... probably 3 though... I hate the idea of players running around in jerseys that look like as Christa said ties...

As for the collars, they are a part of a football jersey, they must come back... has anyone seen Manly Rugby Club in Sydney and their jerseys... they look like undersized t-shirts and look awful on the players... Colllars should always be on jerseys.... its what football is all about.

Super Cronk
23-09-05, 03:20 PM
One, Three or 6 for me... probably 3 though... I hate the idea of players running around in jerseys that look like as Christa said ties...

As for the collars, they are a part of a football jersey, they must come back... has anyone seen Manly Rugby Club in Sydney and their jerseys... they look like undersized t-shirts and look awful on the players... Colllars should always be on jerseys.... its what football is all about.

lol football is about more then collars ;)

football is about playing the best you can and if the no collar helps so that the defence cant grab onto anything then it helps.

smerk
23-09-05, 04:39 PM
Went for option 6

Shadow XL
23-09-05, 04:43 PM
Im with you DIEHARD we need collars!!!!!!!
I am with option 1 and 2, I like the colours compared to the others.
Maybe we could have like option 1 as a home jersey and option 2 as the away? :confused:

zachjames
23-09-05, 04:51 PM
I like 1 & 6. 1 has a great design, but i think it needs some gold like 6 has. 4 is alright too, but looks a bit like a tie. 1 would be perfect if it had some gold! After all it is the GOLD Coast! 1 is probably still best though.

titanfan101
23-09-05, 05:16 PM
2 for the away strip, 1 for the home strip.

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 05:18 PM
Yeah i think 1 & 2 would work really well as the home and away jerseys.

Hyperion
23-09-05, 05:47 PM
lol football is about more then collars ;)

football is about playing the best you can and if the no collar helps so that the defence cant grab onto anything then it helps.

Exactly! Which is why some Australian teams adopted the 'V' neck design in the late 70's.

Steve Dangerous
23-09-05, 06:29 PM
I would like to see them make collared versions for supporters though, as I know a lot of people would rather were a traditional collared jersey around than some tight fitting sports-shirt. Making both available would be win-win.

And the Wallabys still wear the collared jerseys, and they're really think cotton and high quality. a jersey like that instead of the synthetic type would be great to wear around.

Lonestar
23-09-05, 08:24 PM
Its No. 3 for me.....but with a collar!

I could also live with 5 and 6.

1 looks like a Cowboys jersey

2 + 4.....I dont like the "tie" designs

dan the man
30-09-05, 07:27 PM
G'day Guys.

I just voted for the jersey i like the best. jersey no. 4. What did you guys vote for? Does anyone know when they will decide on the jersey and when they will be available for purchase?

Regards
Dan

w00kle
30-09-05, 07:39 PM
I voted for 3..

i am hoping neither of the last two is picked.. they look too much like a parra jersey could be.

dan the man
30-09-05, 07:42 PM
:cool: :p yep that is exactly right.... no way would i want a jersey that looks like a parra one....

Steelers
30-09-05, 08:59 PM
I voted for no. 3. if no.3 is picked then no. 1 will probably be their away jersey.

Queenslander
01-10-05, 09:32 AM
I voted for 2, its something different compared with all the other jerseys out there

The Original Idiot
02-10-05, 04:12 PM
No. 2, Queenslander is right.

TDoGGBulldog
02-10-05, 04:23 PM
i voted for option 6

[BroncosGirl]
02-10-05, 04:58 PM
1, 3, 5 or 6, any of them are fine for me, I just don't like the ones with the T.

NathanK
03-10-05, 12:43 AM
Heya, I dont see why gold coast must have these stupid colours? when i think of the Titans, i think of the grid iron movie. why cant we just use them as a template. I have quickly designed my own jersey (with a collar) because i extremely hate the ones shown above, i used the colours origanally used by the ones above... please tell me what u think of it?
(of both my shirt, and of my idea of the jerseys being terrible.
I believe that titans need black and red shirts, these will stand out out make us look superior to the other teams.

from Nathan. please email me.. fudgeynut@hotmail.com
P.S; please keep in mind i only had microsoft paint to work with.

NathanK
03-10-05, 12:59 AM
For some reason the pic didnt show up, hope this 1 works. and i forgot to add the collar to the pic, but it should have 1
:mad:

Shadow XL
03-10-05, 06:59 AM
Heya, I dont see why gold coast must have these stupid colours? when i think of the Titans, i think of the grid iron movie. why cant we just use them as a template. I have quickly designed my own jersey (with a collar) because i extremely hate the ones shown above, i used the colours origanally used by the ones above... please tell me what u think of it?
(of both my shirt, and of my idea of the jerseys being terrible.
I believe that titans need black and red shirts, these will stand out out make us look superior to the other teams.

from Nathan. please email me.. fudgeynut@hotmail.com
P.S; please keep in mind i only had microsoft paint to work with.
black and red.....i dont like.

They just dont go together.

Dakink
03-10-05, 10:54 AM
I have to disagree there black and ren can go together well.

Take a look at AC Milan, their main strip is black and red and looks great. It has to be done properly. Though having said that - black and red arent the GC's traditional colours either and dont really represent the GC in any way.

SamJam
03-10-05, 11:10 AM
They are all pretty average designs..not surprising considering its Reebok designing them.

Shane
05-10-05, 01:23 AM
Option 6 is by far the best design, it is the only one that looks like an Australian rugby league jersey. Option 1 & 3 each look like some horrible try hard melbourne storm ripoff, 2 and 4 look like the jersey has a tie on it and has an english super league look to it and 5 just looks plain bad.

Number 6 is perfect, and I'm pretty POed that it looks like barely anyone picked it :(.

Phase3
05-10-05, 08:33 AM
I voted for No 1 myself, But over time no 4 is really growing on me.....

Ozdavo
05-10-05, 01:13 PM
Definately need collars, as said this is League, not soccer!

titans_fanatic
23-10-05, 06:09 PM
i hope we have a collard jersey look at storm jersey its a joke

Kingytek
04-11-05, 03:03 PM
Do we know a release date on the official jersey?

DIEHARD
04-11-05, 05:48 PM
Yea a jersey without a collar would be a major disappointment and wouldn't look anywhere as good as a collared jersey.

Collared jerseys are just rugby league.

I don't want to pay $180 for a t shirt.

#1 is still my favourite and #6 with stronger orange.

Research Station Drive
04-11-05, 07:56 PM
Sorry just jumping on board this thread.

2 and 6 for mine. Though I understand how the 2 could look like a tie if not done properly.

Phase3
10-11-05, 07:36 AM
All done and dusted, and a decision made. What's the inside word on the design that got up?

The Original Idiot
18-11-05, 06:19 PM
The Titans are supposed to be letting the fans in on it, as they've done already, so why not let fans submit their designs for the away jersey? Take all fan entries and ones planned by the normal guys, pick the best and put it up for voting. What do you think Deegan?

Fampa
20-11-05, 11:34 AM
Well the jersey has been decided and will apparently be in stores by early December, just in time for Christmas. Whilst I will no doubt get one, I just hope it's got a collar.

DIEHARD
20-11-05, 12:06 PM
Well the Titans have listened to the fans on everything else, surely they will listen to the fans when they overwhelmingly say that they want a collar on the jersey? :sick:

Here is hoping...

DeeGan
20-11-05, 01:38 PM
The Titans are supposed to be letting the fans in on it, as they've done already, so why not let fans submit their designs for the away jersey? Take all fan entries and ones planned by the normal guys, pick the best and put it up for voting. What do you think Deegan?

The Gold Coast Titans have involved their fans more so than any other club since I started following the game - in 20 odd years as a player and fan, no club has gone to the people as we have since getting the green light in May 2005.

With that said, I don't think there is a need to have management call on AWAY jersey submissions from the fans - apart from being a time consuming process if that option was taken up, the management team have marketing working on what they believe to be the best options for the team as far as jerseys are concerned.

Steve Burns has said on a couple of occasions that whilst management will listen to the fans (in relation to the jersey via voting for the jersey of their choice) - the vote process will not be the be all end all when it is all said done. If the management team unaminously saw one option as better than the overwhelming vote from the fans, they would go with that choice on this occasion. He has made that clear.

Will there be a collar? I am not sure, I have not seen the final design.

More details will be released soon I feel - NO, I have not been given any inside tip there, this is my opinion only. Pay close attention to Michael Searle's newsletter ;)

Watch this space as they say :)

DeeGan

Luke
20-11-05, 08:45 PM
is rebok the titans sponsor or are they just making the jersey ??

DeeGan
20-11-05, 10:29 PM
is rebok the titans sponsor or are they just making the jersey ??

Reebok will be one our major sponsors - yes.

DeeGan

PARANoIR
20-11-05, 10:33 PM
I like Option 3 and 5.

DIEHARD
21-11-05, 11:04 AM
I can't wait until I can get some official merchandise!

I don't think there will be any out before Christmas though?

Maybe January?

As for an away jersey I will be happy just as long as they keep it within our club colour scheme. Which I'm sure they will, with the Titans having a great set of colours to apply.

craigyd
02-01-09, 04:40 PM
Hi,
I would really like to see the original 6 jerseys the public could vote for ,but after doing some searching i could not find,sould someone please supply a link for me.
Thanks

DIEHARD
02-01-09, 06:07 PM
It's your lucky day craig.

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option1.jpg

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option2.jpg

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option3.jpg

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option4.jpg

DIEHARD
02-01-09, 06:09 PM
And two more....

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option5.jpg

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/images/legion/option6.jpg

GCT_89
02-01-09, 07:25 PM
wow.....im so glad we went with OPTION 1............

have never seen this thread and never got a chance to vote.......

OPTION
1. i love it and obviously so did the majority of the goldy
2. looks like an ugly version of a bullgogs jersey
3. could have worked but stil no where near as good as OPTION 1
4. looks like a tie.....the mighty GC suiters anybody?
5. looks like a jersey the titans might of had in the 90's
6. just doesnt do it for me at all too close to the bulldogs again......

but yea just what i think...............tis a shame i didnt vote, but am mighty glad we got the right one........

Paul
02-01-09, 10:13 PM
3 and 5 are ok.

2/4 and 6 are right up there with those afl mascot options :D

hicksey
02-01-09, 10:50 PM
make sure there is a ladies cut one as well for us girls

craigyd
03-01-09, 10:46 AM
Thanks for that diehard,well im glad we went with option 1.
when you go to a game at skilled the stadium is full of that design,i could not see it being the same if we went for the tie option :)

patskE
03-01-09, 10:56 AM
1 and 6 i rkn
not a fan of dark blue :P

Ryan
03-01-09, 05:51 PM
As alternatives, I like option 3 for Home and option 6 for away.

I still like our current jersey, but those pictures don't do it much justice. It looks too plain and simple there, but it comes out ok in real life.