11) Ben Creagh
12) Ashton Sims
13) Shaun Timmins.

Interchange:

14) Andrew Price
15) Sam Isemonger
16) Corey Payne
17) Aaron Gorrell
18) Matt Bickerstaff (one to be omitted).

Referee: Shayne Hayne

Steelers
11-04-06, 11:14 PM
DRAGONS:

1) Ben Hornby
2) Reece Simmonds
3) Wes Naiqama
4) Matt Cooper
5) Colin Best
6) Mark Gasnier
7) Trent Barrett (c)
8) Justin Poore
9) Dean Young
10) Michael Henderson
11) Ben Creagh
12) Ashton Sims
13) Shaun Timmins.

Interchange:

14) Andrew Price
15) Sam Isemonger
16) Corey Payne
17) Aaron Gorrell
18) Matt Bickerstaff (one to be omitted).

Matty Head is out for another week.... DAMN IT! Poor decision IMO from Browny... Not much difference between PL and 1st Grade if you are trying to protect somebody from injury.... Firman broke his leg in PL a few years back. I don't like Gasnier at 6... he is a ball running centre and not a ball player.

Referee: Shayne Hayne

I think I may have to tip the Sea Eagles this week ;)

Cliffy GC
12-04-06, 01:25 AM
steelers and dakink?????

Steelers
12-04-06, 09:08 AM
steelers and dakink?????
ok... ill take u up on that... 1 week for the loser?

Dakink
12-04-06, 09:29 AM
steelers and dakink?????

Yup, even though Ill be tipping Manly.

1 week - get Cronk to do us a little avatar for the losers to show.

Teegy
12-04-06, 10:35 AM
Shayne Hayne is still better than Tony Archer

Dakink
13-04-06, 11:02 AM
No one can blame people for leaving early, though the one thing I never want to see is my team being booed off ala Parramatta Stadium.

Brown lays into Dragons again
By James Hooper
April 13, 2006

ST GEORGE-Illawarra coach Nathan Brown last night spoke about his side's horror loss last weekend, claiming the crowd "could not be blamed" for storming out of WIN Stadium 20 minutes before fulltime.

Brown's Dragons were flogged 54-6 in one of the most embarrassing defeats in the joint-venture club's eight-year history.

With the inspirational Andrew Johns dominating, the Knights raced in nine tries to leave the Dragons shattered and hurt.

Fox Sports showed depressing images of supporters walking out of the ground 15 to 20 minutes before fulltime.

"I can't blame them for that," Brown said. "I'm sure none of them wanted to sit in traffic after we put in a performance like that.

"They would have gone home and drowned their sorrows.

"They pay their money. They want to win like we do.

"It was a performance we're not proud of but every side in the comp got a flogging at some point last year.

"We just have to get over it."

Brown told his players at fulltime they had quit during sections of the match.

After 30 minutes no try had been scored by either team until the Knights cut loose.

"We competed for about 30 minutes and the score was 2-0 but then they were far superior, as the scoreline indicates," Brown said.

"Some may say our attack was too predictable but it was just that our execution wasn't there.

"It was disappointing but as I said every side seems to have a blowout during a season these days.

"North Queensland lost by 50 points in a semi-final last year and three weeks later almost won the grand final.

"It's all a matter of how you respond to it."

Brown and the Dragons have tried to stay composed this week.

Their form leading into the Newcastle match was stable and club officials feel there was no real reason to panic after a one-off loss.

"We watched video this week and showed areas where we weren't up to scratch," he said.

"It was all about attitude. We did video and the players saw some pictures they wouldn't have liked to see.

"We have been making mistakes in attack that we have gotten away with in recent weeks. But when we cracked against Newcastle, we cracked really badly.

"We haven't been stung like that before.

"But in saying that, I am confident of an improved showing this weekend."

And the Dragons will need to improve dramatically against Manly this Saturday at Brookvale Oval.

The Sea Eagles have won their past three games including a strong win over the Warriors last weekend.

"They are going well - they have a State of Origin back row (Ben Kennedy, Anthony Watmough and Steve Menzies)," Brown said.

"Their front row is big and aggressive and they have Matt Orford there now and Steve Bell is very dangerous.

"They made the top eight last year and will certainly be stronger this season.

"And I don't think they are playing to their peak at the moment. They are finding ways to win their games."

The Daily Telegraph

DeeGan
13-04-06, 11:18 AM
Matt Head being kept in PL is the right move - no need to rush him back to the top grade underdone. I don't think Brown is protecting his half, he is more allowing him to build confidence in his game at the lower level before coming back to take on the likes of Orford, Johns, Kimmorley etc.

Dakink
13-04-06, 11:33 AM
I agree, I also would like to see him gain more confidence in PL before stepping back up.

Teegy
13-04-06, 11:35 AM
Im unsure i think their is just as big a chance of being injured in PL. Still its Brownies choice but Head thinks hes ready. could this be a late naming to surprize manly.

Steelers
13-04-06, 12:23 PM
Im unsure i think their is just as big a chance of being injured in PL. Still its Brownies choice but Head thinks hes ready. could this be a late naming to surprize manly.

I still think he should of been selected to play Manly TBH.

Steelers
15-04-06, 05:31 PM
Matty Head is playing.... Dam it they could of told me earlier... I wanted him in my Sportal team :p

Dakink
15-04-06, 05:53 PM
Dammit 8-0

4 min: NEWS Corey Payne (Dragons) concussed after a high hit and taken to the sheds.

6 min: NEWS Dean Young (Dragons) on report for swinging arm to Manly's Steve Bell.

7 min: TRY Manly Sea Eagles
Ben Kennedy crashes through after running onto a Matt Orford pass. Follows some leadup work from Kennedy up the middle of the field and two back-to-back penalties.
Conversion successful from Orford from close range.
Sea Eagles 6-0

14 min: PENALTY GOAL Manly Sea Eagles
Orford from 25m out and right in front after Saints are penalised for offside.
Sea Eagles 8-0

Damn my foxtel not working tonight...

Steelers
15-04-06, 06:04 PM
After 14 minutes the Sea Eagles lead 6 - 0

Matt Orford taking a penalty shot at goal............. 32 metres out...........

and he gets it

THAT MAKES IT 8 - 0 after 15 minutes

Steelers
15-04-06, 06:05 PM
After 14 minutes the Sea Eagles lead 6 - 0

Matt Orford taking a penalty shot at goal............. 32 metres out...........

and he gets it

THAT MAKES IT 8 - 0 after 15 minutes

LOL a bit of a delay with that post...

Score is 8 - 6

Steelers
15-04-06, 06:07 PM
Matty Head dummies and gets through the defence and sets up Cooper who scores under the black dot

Soon to be 12 - 8 Dragons

Steelers
15-04-06, 06:16 PM
Manly lead 14 - 12 minutes from half time

Steelers
15-04-06, 06:48 PM
Dragons lead 18 - 14 with 25 mins left in the second half

Dakink
15-04-06, 06:49 PM
*Insert big Grin*

53 min: TRY St George Illawarra Dragons
Cooper gets the nod scoring out wide after video ref checks the grounding.
Conversion from Head swings back and to add the extras and Saints regain the lead!
Dragons 18-14

And Cooper has been one of the guys I was sorta thinking of selling outa my Sportal team!

Steelers
15-04-06, 06:50 PM
Penalty right under the posts for the Dragons... High Tackle by Burns...

Steelers
15-04-06, 06:52 PM
Penalty Goal successful... Dragons lead 20 - 14 with 21 minutes to go

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Steelers
15-04-06, 07:15 PM
26 - 24 with 5 mins left to go

Dragons leading..... :hmm:

Steelers
15-04-06, 07:20 PM
DRAGONS WIN!! :D:D:D

Manly vs St George Illawarra
24 Score 26
4 Tries 4
4 Goals 5
0 Field Goals 0
14 Half-time score 12
Kennedy, Robertson, Stewart, Kite Try scorers Young, Cooper 2, Bickerstaff
Man of match
Cooper (STI)
Referee
Shayne Hayne
Officials
Jason Walsh, Russell Turner

Go_The_Doggies
15-04-06, 07:29 PM
****ers lol i wanted my points ffs i picked manly..**** lol..ohwell:p

Go_The_Doggies
15-04-06, 07:30 PM
HAHA YOU'S HAD SHAYNE HAYNE *points and laughs* no wonder manly lost ;]

Steelers
15-04-06, 07:31 PM
I picked the Dragons (when would I differ ;)) so I am over the moon :D

Did Dakink stay true this week or did he tip the evil Sea Eagles? :laugh:

Steelers
15-04-06, 07:32 PM
HAHA YOU'S HAD SHAYNE HAYNE *points and laughs* no wonder manly lost ;]

LOL well while listening to it on the radio it seemed that Manly got the calls their way tonight ;)

Go_The_Doggies
15-04-06, 07:33 PM
LOL well while listening to it on the radio it seemed that Manly got the calls their way tonight ;)
Wouldnt suprise me if he missed a few forward passes to be honest :rotflmao:

**** my spellin sucks tonight..well my whole typing does :laugh:

Dakink
15-04-06, 07:33 PM
I picked the Dragons (when would I differ ;)) so I am over the moon :D

Did Dakink stay true this week or did he tip the evil Sea Eagles? :laugh:

HEHEHEHEHE Bastard - Manly

Dragons
15-04-06, 07:38 PM
HEHEHEHEHE Bastard - Manly
(Dragons slaps Dakink in the face) :angry:

Steelers
15-04-06, 07:41 PM
Disappointed Dakink... I can't even look at you (well ur avatar anyway :p) :laugh:

Steelers
15-04-06, 10:07 PM
Sea Eagles 24 Dragons 26

IN his first top-flight game in almost 10 months, St George Illawarra halfback Mathew Head inspired his side to a thrilling win over Manly at Brookvale Oval tonight.

Head was a shock late inclusion in the Dragons team, despite coach Nathan Brown promising not to rush his star playmaker back from a knee reconstruction.

Despite only having last week's Premier League game behind him, Head booted five goals from five attempts and came up with several big plays to get the Dragons home.

There was plenty of drama in the opening exchanges, with Dragons forward Corey Payne suffering concussion after attempting a tackle on Manly skipper Ben Kennedy.

Payne's jaw connected with the top of the Manly skipper's head and although he was cleared of any serious damage he took no further part in the game.

Moments later Dean Young was on report for a swinging arm on Sea Eagles centre Steve Bell.

Referee Shayne Hayne, after seeing the incident on replay, said: "I've now seen it and you've made contact with his head area".

The home side then hurt the Dragons on the scoreboard, with Kennedy accepting a superb Orford pass and trampling over Sam Isemonger for the opening try in the seventh minute.

The veteran lock was easily Manly's best player and would have Australia selectors hoping he will reconsider his decision to retire from representative football.

The visitors hit back midway through the second half through Young, who burrowed over from dummy half for their first four-pointer.

And then an individual piece of brilliance from Head 10 minutes before the main break put the Dragons in front for the first time, with the playmaker bursting through the Sea Eagles' line before offloading to Matt Cooper who scored.

Five minutes before half-time, Sea Eagles winger Michael Robertson ensured he'd make the highlights reels with a spectacular Leo Barry-style mark to score his side's second try.

Robertson collected a pinpoint Travis Burns kick, flying high over opposite winger Colin Best to give the Sea Eagles a 14-12 lead.

In an helter-skelter second half, the two sides traded four-pointers.

Cooper (53rd minute) and Bickerstaff (67th) scored solo tries to give the Dragons the edge, while a bullocking run from Kiwi flyer Steve Matai set up Brett Stewart's 24th try in 24 appearances at Brookvale.

With just six minutes left, Manly prop Brent Kite barged over to bring his side to within two points and set up a grandstand finish.

With Manly peppering the Dragons tryline in the final moments, Head came up with a crucial intercept to ensure victory for his side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MANLY 24 (B Kennedy B Kite M Robertson B Stewart tries M Orford 4 goals)
ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA 26 (M Cooper 2 M Bickerstaff D Young tries M Head 5 goals) at Brookvale Oval. Referee: S Hayne. Crowd: 18,069.

Source: www.foxsports.com.au

Dakink
16-04-06, 09:27 AM
Gotta love Orford going missing when the pressure was turned on - good move by Melbourne getting rid of him.

Steelers
16-04-06, 10:13 AM
steelers and dakink?????

:D

qld power
16-04-06, 11:19 AM
god dam thank god the saints hung on :fence:

DeeGan
16-04-06, 12:03 PM
A win is a win though it was a game Manly lost through stupid penalties and costly mistakes. I would not be gloating too much about last night's performance from the Dragons. The big positive was the successful return of Matt Head who at times looked rusty (as expected) though showed plenty in his return in the same sentence.

Here is hoping Dean Young sees some time on the sideline for the blatant cheap shot to the player on the ground.

Steelers
16-04-06, 12:05 PM
A win is a win though it was a game Manly lost through stupid penalties and costly mistakes. I would not be gloating too much about last night's performance from the Dragons. The big positive was the successful return of Matt Head who at times looked rusty (as expected) though showed plenty in his return in the same sentence.

Here is hoping Dean Young sees some time on the sideline for the blatant cheap shot to the player on the ground.

Talk it up DeeGan :laugh:

DeeGan
16-04-06, 12:07 PM
Talk it up DeeGan :laugh:

Um...ok... :rolleyes:

Steelers
16-04-06, 12:18 PM
Um...ok... :rolleyes:

:lol!: I am just happy that Matty Head is back and we got a win :p

Cliffy GC
16-04-06, 01:33 PM
:D
great game

saw enough to think manly can be a force in this years comp

Matai has been a reverlation this year

he will get a NZ jersey for sure

Steve Dangerous
16-04-06, 02:07 PM
damn! i'd tipped the sea eagles.

but after a few good signings they're definately looking like they'll make the 8 at least. dragons look like another year of looking good on paper but not pulling off what they should.