PDA

View Full Version : Thurston & Lockyer

shavenjas
08-04-06, 12:21 PM
After seeing another awsome game from Thurston last night, he has to be the Qld no6, i was thinking could they play Lockyer at half back, how good would that be to have those two guys either side of the ruck. Does anyone think this would be a good idea, and do you think the selectors would ever do something like this, cause at the end of the day they both have to be there.

Steelers
08-04-06, 12:33 PM
Thurston and Prince for me... Lockyer hasn't done enough recently IMO for it.

Steve Dangerous
08-04-06, 12:35 PM
Lockyer at fullback. Prince and Thruston the halves.

[BroncosGirl]
08-04-06, 12:40 PM
Lockyer at 5/8. Thurston or Prince as half, the other off the bench. (most likely Thurston, he seems to be able to slot in anywhere more so then Prince).

and no im not being baised ;):P... because I've seen what Locky can do with a pack around him that use him the right way, we gto a glimpse latley when Broncos did that. Wiht a quuality half in THursto or PRince, Locky wouldn't have to do as much, and when he comes in whenever he needs to do, he's on fire, saw that against the eel.s

DeeGan
08-04-06, 12:46 PM
On form: 6 - Jonathan Thurston 7 - Scott Prince

Selectors will pick: 6 - Darren Lockyer - 7 Jonathan Thurston

There is no way IMO that Lockyer goes anywhere near the halfback position. He will either be five-eight or fullback with the latter a minute chance given he has not played the position since 2003.

Matt Bowen will be our fullback.

Queenslander
09-04-06, 12:00 AM
Thurston's performances have been amazing; and IMO has outshined Lockyer....however we will not see any surprises and Thurston will get half-back and Lockyer will get five-eight.

Chaos
09-04-06, 12:13 AM
Can you guys remember when Lockyer was playing fullback.
People were debating who was the best player in the world...Lockyer or Johns. Try and debate on Lockyers side now!

Prince deserves the half back spot, hands down.
Thurston is the inform 5/8 at the moment and has been playing solid for some time now
Lockyer used to be the best fullback in the world
I would hate to try and tackle a fresh Matt Bowen at the tail end of each half...keep him as the super sub.

Queenslander
09-04-06, 12:18 AM
Can you guys remember when Lockyer was playing fullback.
People were debating who was the best player in the world...Lockyer or Johns. Try and debate on Lockyers side now!

Prince deserves the half back spot, hands down.
Thurston is the inform 5/8 at the moment and has been playing solid for some time now
Lockyer used to be the best fullback in the world
I would hate to try and tackle a fresh Matt Bowen at the tail end of each half...keep him as the super sub.

We all just have to accept the fact the Lockyer is playing five-eight, and that is what he (Lockyer) wants.

Prince hasnt been at his best so far, but either has the Tiger's team. So Thurston could fill his place at half back. You are pretty much guaranteed a 100% performance no matter where you position Thurston.

Chaos
09-04-06, 12:24 AM
We all just have to accept the fact the Lockyer is playing five-eight, and that is what he (Lockyer) wants.

Prince hasnt been at his best so far, but either has the Tiger's team. So Thurston could fill his place at half back. You are pretty much guaranteed a 100% performance no matter where you position Thurston.

Prince controls a game very well and plays tough.
Thurston could stand out even more working with Prince.
I don't except Lockyer is playing 5/8 because I want to beat the ****roaches and him playing full back is our best chance.

RIP
09-04-06, 08:54 AM
1.Matty Bowen
6.JOHNATHAN THURSTON
7.Scotty Prince

Locky just not in form enough why pick him for his past & by doing that he might lift his game more

League Freak
09-04-06, 11:33 AM
I have to say, Thurston would probably have to be my 6/8th for Australia ATM.

Kallan
09-04-06, 02:57 PM
i would probably go Thurston over Lockyer, Barret better not be the Australian 5/8th.