PDA

View Full Version : NRL: Chris Anderson to coach Raiders **rumour**

DeeGan
07-04-06, 01:40 PM
NRL: Chirs Anderson to coach Raiders

More details to follow possibly.

If true, business just picked up, a 'cat amongst the pigeons' and the right move from Canberra :clap:

DeeGan
07-04-06, 01:42 PM
From Global Rugby League;

Two-time premiership winning coach Chris Anderson will pull down the vacancy sign at Canberra by Easter after coming to terms with the club.

Sources inside the Raiders who are close to the Phantom revealed on Tuesday night: "the deal is done" and will be made public before Easter.

Anderson's deal is expected to be for two-years.

The former Bulldogs, Storm and Sharks coach had the support of Chairman, John McIntyre.

Anderson, mooted by the Phantom, as the man to replace Penrith-bound Mathew Elliot, has been the front runner all along with the Cowboys' assistant coach Neil Henry, the only other serious candidate.

His ability to attract senior players is widely respected in the rugby league world and three grand finals and two premierships (Canterbury 1995 and Melbourne in 1999), make him one of the game's foremost coaches.

- Josh King

mb63
07-04-06, 02:45 PM
Kimmorley could be on the move again when his contract expires.

HodgoBerro
07-04-06, 02:47 PM
i feel really sorry Lincoln

Social Loafer
07-04-06, 03:08 PM
I don't think Anderson is coming here, and don't believe in that source much, the Club has said almost nothing about any of the coaches which are 100% confirmed to be in the running, also we are looking for a long term coach, how old is Ando now?
Also one of the things that we have actual been quoted about is that we will be after a "high profile long term coach that can attract players"

I don't think Anderson can attract players, he las left the last 2 clubs on really bad terms and I don't think he is the coach players will rush to play under,I really hope the club do not C. sign Anderson , IMO his style of footy is outdated, we need a fresh approach, someone that no one will suspect.
I have my theories on who this coach could be....

Social Loafer
07-04-06, 03:31 PM
i feel really sorry Lincoln

Lincoln will most likely be our hooker next year, we got great young halves, IF Anderson was signed, I don't think the club would go after Kimmorley, we have our halves signed up until 2008/9, they will only improve, Kimmorley has peaked in his career.. There would also be a massive backlash from the fans..

HodgoBerro
07-04-06, 03:47 PM
i just realised that Woolly was off contract this year

any suggestions if Noddy stays with cronulla for a good halfback??