PDA

View Full Version : Membership Numbers?

Dakink
05-04-06, 03:14 PM
I know this has been mentioned earlier, but I was wondering if the Titans had any firm estimations in place as to the number of football club members they were hoping to achieve.

Reason I ask this is below.

The Adelaide Crows have a membership close to 50,000!!

Those sorts of number are fantastic, and there is no reason why I cant see us doing something similar over time. With a high number of members there is no reason why a 20,000 stadium cant be sold out EACH and EVERY week.

We need to change the culture of league followers a little and encourage them to attend more games, as well as becoming members wether it be football club or purely social.

The updated Roos membership hovered in the 17,000s yesterday; the Adelaide Crows are closer to 50,000 than the Roos are to 20,000.

When Fitzroy was bundled up and sent north 10 years ago, the AFL promised supporters six appearances in Melbourne.

It reneged by accepting Geelong as "Melbourne", then the Lions compounded the problem by buying Melbourne's "home" game.

Fitzroy supporters had to take what was served up; they had no clout. But time heals and the Lions now have a bigger membership in Victoria than Fitzroy had during its death throes.

Sydney (nee South Melbourne) is aiming at 10,000 Victorian members this year, a staggering thought given the situation when the club limped north in 1982. from foxsports.

Just checked out the Adelaide Crows membership page to see how they do it.

Not a bad idea, giving kids an 'option' of their own.

http://afc.com.au/default.asp?pg=membership

Also this is how the Swans do it;

http://shop.afl.com.au/swans/mcategory.asp?catalog%5Fname=Membership%5FCatalog&category%5Fname=Membership&Page=1&cookie%5Ftest=1

A varied level of membership should be developed to encourage all levels of our society to participate. If the club can manage to sell 15,000 membership options that include a season pass - then that is a massive number of people turning up to each and every game. Whilst it may mean a lower gate on the day. The benefits of regular large crowds (food sales, atmosphere, demand etc) and prepaid memberships (Money in hand) would outway the reduction in the gate takings.

Eel 33
05-04-06, 03:27 PM
As far as Football Club memberships go, it could be a sleeping giant as far as revenue of the clubs. Look at how many memnbers turned out to the Souths vote. Thousands, and that doesnt include the members who couldn't/didn't vote. Imagine if there was a membership drive for the football clubs, with deals similar to what the Crows are offering. It would serve as a long term revenue source, even though it would be a drop in the ocean considering the amount of money it takes to run a football team.

Dakink
05-04-06, 03:37 PM
Exactly - I couldnt think of a better way to get the entire region involved in the club. That can include Northern Rivers, heck even fans from Sydney etc!!

Not only is it value adding through the clubs very existance, it gives ALL members, social, out of state right through to the big boys, a feeling of ownership with the club. Get people more personally involved and they will be more loyal. More loyalty means amongst other things increases spending on club merchandise etc.

lonegull
06-04-06, 08:06 AM
spot on we got to have memebership numbers you just feel then your priveledged and part of the club go the membership numbers

Dakink
06-04-06, 11:53 AM
Imagine the atmosphere at the stadium if week in weekout we know it is going to be full or close to it!!! I would love for it to be full wether we play the Dragons, Broncos or Raiders!!

Make it funand friendly and they will come....

Dakink
06-04-06, 12:07 PM
How many of us here would buy memberships?

Im talking realistically - not just saying yes in the spur of the moment...

What amount could you spend?

For me I would love to become a full football club member - but I wouldnt be able to afford that till the kids get a little older (or the MRS buys it for me for a presie HINT HINT).. Though I will be saving to buy season tickets\or any other level of membership I can afford. I will get the highest level my budget affords, not only to help support the Titans, but to feel like I "own" a fraction of the joint AND get to go and watch NRL games regularly - which from Country NSW at the moment happens very rarely.

Eel 33
06-04-06, 12:18 PM
If something like a "Sydney" membership was made available, i'd definately look at it.

lonegull
06-04-06, 01:20 PM
yeah i would be in it maybe its something we can put forward to the management

HodgoBerro
07-04-06, 03:06 PM
as far as i know - the broncos sets aside around 10 thousand seats for their members each year - i'm sure they reached that total this year

TITAN PETE
07-04-06, 09:35 PM
I put my name down for a Gold Membership on the opening day of this site & there was so much interest from the supporters that the packages were removed after only about a week , i have recieved a call to let me know that all people who applyed online will get 1st options of memberships when managment have them organised.