PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Movie: Release Date!

Queenslander
04-04-06, 08:32 AM
Simpsons on film
April 04, 2006

THE dysfunctional yellow family of the hit animated television series The Simpsons will explode on to the big screen in July 2007, Twentieth Century Fox studios has announced.

The long-awaited feature film starring Homer, Bart and the rest of the zany cast will hit US screens on July 27, 2007, according to the studio.
Twentieth Century Fox revealed the news with a surprise sneak trailer tagged onto copies of the movie Ice Age: The Meltdown, which opened in the US at the weekend.

The promotional clip showed a close-up of Superman's famed "S" logo before the image widened to reveal it was emblazoned on an under-sized T-shirt worn by Simpsons's patriarch Homer.

The release date of the Simpsons film was then flashed on the screen, ending two years of suspense that followed the announcement of plans for a Simpsons movie.

"I can absolutely guarantee that this film will far exceed the wildest expectations of every 'Simpsons' fan," producer Al Jean said in a statement.

The movie will star many of the same voices that drive the famed animated characters of the show that is now in its 16th year, making it the longest-running animated television series in history.

The series' regular voices of Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Pamela Hayden and Tress MacNeille will return.

Guest starring in the movie will be US lawyer Erin Brockovich, who had a film made about her, British actress Minnie Driver and Albert Brooks, Fox said.

The Simpsons executive producer James L Brooks, its creator Matt Groening as well as producers Jean, Scully and Richard Sakai will co-produce the feature.

The script will be written by Groening, Brooks, Jean, Scully, Ian Maxtone-Graham, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Matt Selman, John Swartzwelder, and Jon Vitti - all series veterans.

"This was enormously challenging, because it involved filling 120 blank pages with an actual story and words people say," said producer Brooks.

"We're very excited about the performances in this movie. Come next Oscars, we think it's going to be Milhouse's night," Groening said.

Plans for a big-screen feature version of the globally syndicated show have been talked about in Hollywood for more than a decade, but Groening and his team were very careful about over-exploiting the super-successful franchise.

The show and its characters - who include dad Homer, the mischievous Bart, his sisters Lisa and Maggie, and their mother, Marge - have generated pithy comedy while also tackling or pillorying sensitive social or political issues.

Its more than 300 episodes have frequently caused outrage, including one infamous episode portraying adoption and poverty in Brazil that prompted a protest from the city of Rio de Janeiro, which threatened to sue.

Former US vice president Dan Quayle was mercilessly ribbed by Groening and his team - in the guise of Bart - in 1992, after he notoriously misspelled the world "potato" during a visit to an elementary school.

Super Cronk
04-04-06, 08:33 AM
meh...after the newer series of the show i must say im not looking forward to the movie. Ill see it but not expecting much.

Dakink
04-04-06, 08:39 AM
I cant wait for the movie - you know what they say, small things and small minds!

Blunt_Beno
04-04-06, 01:27 PM
cant wait.

DIEHARD
04-04-06, 03:10 PM
This doesn't make much sense to me.

I thought they'd hold off on a movie until after the TV series is over, maybe a year or two afterwards.

Oh well, I'll go see it. :thumbsup:

HodgoBerro
04-04-06, 03:19 PM
unreal!

Queenslander
04-04-06, 03:20 PM
meh...after the newer series of the show i must say im not looking forward to the movie. Ill see it but not expecting much.

In the words of Bart Simpson "Dont have a cow man!" :rotflmao: ;)

HodgoBerro
04-04-06, 03:29 PM
i still think the simpsons is unreal but whether or not i'll go is still a big question.

Queenslander
04-04-06, 03:30 PM
Here is the link to the teaser:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimpsonsmovie/teaser/

Steelers
04-04-06, 04:19 PM
I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge flop. It could kill the Simpsons TV series if it fails badly.

Queenslander
04-04-06, 04:26 PM
The Simpson's will be entering into the movie arena...and this means movie critics...I can see the knives getting sharpen already by many movie critics who think that the best movie is one that is in a foreign language and has subtitles ;)

Steelers
04-04-06, 04:37 PM
The Simpson's will be entering into the movie arena...and this means movie critics...I can see the knives getting sharpen already by many movie critics who think that the best movie is one that is in a foreign language and has subtitles ;)

LOL well the only people that listen to the critics are the ones that can't enjoy a good comedy anyway :p

Super Cronk
04-04-06, 05:23 PM
I hope the old writers come back to do the movie.

Queenslander
04-04-06, 05:25 PM
I hope the old writers come back to do the movie.

They have ;) The writers include:

Groening, Brooks, Jean, Scully, Ian Maxtone-Graham, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Matt Selman, John Swartzwelder, and Jon Vitti - all series veterans.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Could the Simpson's Movie 2008 Oscar Winner? :naughty:

Steelers
04-04-06, 05:26 PM
Could the Simpson's Movie 2008 Oscar Winner? :naughty:

Lets hope so... if it is good enough to get an oscar then it will be far from a flop :D

Super Cronk
04-04-06, 05:27 PM
oooo...noice!

Didnt the directors and crew say they will quit doing the simpsons when the movie comes out? i cant find the article but im sure it was from early 2005.

Queenslander
04-04-06, 05:30 PM
oooo...noice!

Didnt the directors and crew say they will quit doing the simpsons when the movie comes out? i cant find the article but im sure it was from early 2005.

Yeah but I think that was back when they were demanding more money :laugh: The simpsons are on contract for another 2 years so we have them until 2008ish

Eel 33
05-04-06, 04:45 PM
Ill wait till it comes out on dvd, then ill watch it.

Grimmace
13-08-06, 11:27 AM
Well i found this onanother forum anyway it gives us a sneak peak at the simpsons new movie .... if there is a thread like this please delete it anyways enjoy.
http://www.simpsonschannel.com/