PDA

View Full Version : World Cup: Are we still in it? (Read on)

DeeGan
03-04-06, 11:53 PM
World Cup: Are we still in it? (Read on)

A SMH reader was in the Bavarian city of Augsburg when he went in his local supermarket noticing a World Cup 2006 display of collector coins commemorating the event. On the package was the national flags of all participating 32 countries including non-qualifiers Uruguay. There was no Australian coin included in the set :laugh:

Talk about a smack in the face and counting the chickens before they hatch!

:box: See you all in Germany :box:

Steve Dangerous
03-04-06, 11:57 PM
my mate's off in the uk at the moment and he's hopin to get tickets to see the socceroos! (they put you in a draw or whatever to get tickets, like with the rugby world cup). lucky sod.

Dakink
04-04-06, 09:36 AM

A SMH reader was in the Bavarian city of Augsburg when he went in his local supermarket noticing a World Cup 2006 display of collector coins commemorating the event. On the package was the national flags of all participating 32 countries including non-qualifiers Uruguay. There was no Australian coin included in the set :laugh:

LOL great to see!! Hopefully the other countries on our pool do the same - though I doubt it. We have stung Brazil before, beaten Japan and Croatia is half full of Aussies anyway. Our pool is the toughest in the WC. Shown by Croatia's friendly win on the weekend.

Eel 33
04-04-06, 03:23 PM

Smug Germans, I hope the Socceroos bite a few teams on the bum and show we're not just there to make up the numbers.

Hah!!! Uruguay, who are they again??? :peace: