Austria
Innsbruck
Linz (Possible)

The following will either play in the Heidelberg 9s and/or play 13 a side games
Heidelberg Sharks
Frankfurt
Heilbronn

NATIONAL TEAM

For the first time we can now field a team comprised of players that are German born like Leo Berngruber, Paul Berngruber, Lars Andrasch, Olli Kempkens, Johannes Geiger, Yalcin Ferat-Sampon etc as well as looking to players with German parentage like myself, Anthony Seibold, Danny Stocks, Isaac/Zac Freudenstein and the Keinhorst brothers who arent just playing for Germany but have helped and contributed in other ways as well. Uwe Jansen is the National Coach and Anthony Seibold Director of Rugby League. Uwe will spend a week with Anthony and John Dixon at the Celtic Crusaders in May as well.

GERMANY v Austria XIII Bad Reichenhall 25th June
Estonia v GERMANY Tallinn 22 July

The Following Schools have had atleast 4 Rugby League sessions mainly based on Touch Rugby due to Insurance problems involving Schools.

Bavarian International School, Haimhausen,North of Munich
(I personally visit after Easter the School and get the kids playing Touch and give them League DVDs etc) Kids of various Nationalties go here. We will look to try and get in to more Schools but very difficult in Bavaria compared to the rest of Germany!Bavaria is a Free State and plus Rugby of any form is more or less banned by the State Schools
Hans Gr?ninger Gymnasium, Markr?ningen, North of Stuttgart
11 boys and 2 Girls aged 17 and 18 and 2 Teachers spent a week in St.Martin de Crau learning about Rugby League. I sent them ARL DVDs (Kick Pass Tackle, Digi League, etc and games of Youth games in Australia sent to me by Tas Baitieri and Tim Karlov) as well as Rugby Balls, NRL games, State of Origin clips, Rugby League World Magazine. School highly impressed and will look to include part of Rugby League in its Sport schedule. We are looking into holding a U19s 9 a side comp at the School in 2007 and inviting French, Englisg, Welsh, Dutch teams etc. Still in early planning

OTHER NEWS
We are looking to get official recognition as soon as we can. I have a friend and she has done me an official letter which will be sent to the Interior Ministry and the DSB/NOK (Deutscher Sports Bund and National Olympic Komitee)this next week. Basically asking what we have to do and that we are not part of Rugby (Union) just the same as American Football is nothing like or anything to do with Football/Soccer or Hockey is anything to do with Ice hockey despite carrying similar names. Also mentioned there is a history of bad blood between the two and that this is another reason why we need to have seperate official recognition plus mentioning Leagues excellent work with Schools, Police and being a major part of the Local Community in Australia, UK. New zealand, France etc. heres hoping we get some answers!

A Voluntary Development Officer (Gruenen from this site) will starting from around September time look to Develop the game in Leipzig and the Eastern part of Germany.

Dont forget that we have revamped the www.rugby-league.de site (Only in german not English!) and have a site for the Alpine 9 a side League at www.freewebs.com/alpinerugbyleague/ and from them both a German Forum where people can post either in English or German.

If anybody would like to send a gift/Donation then please PM me. All people who donate any Money to Rugby League Deutschland will be named on a Special thread on the Forum. Already we have received some Donations which have helped us greatly.

GERMANY POLO SHIRTS AND T SHIRTS NOW AVAILABLE VIA www.forty-twenty.co.uk . Help support Rugby League in Germany by buying these new items and/or a National Shirt

from http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=136261&goto=nextnewest#post2264434

DIEHARD
03-04-06, 04:15 PM
I love their new website. Might be a new article for the Roo Crew website.

Der Kaiser has come so far with RLD, I am so impressed and take a lot of pleasure out of seeing their results. I am one day looking forward to some rugby league expansion in north west Germany, especially Cologne and Hanover.

The first thing I will do when I get some spare cash, is buy one of those fantastic German RL jerseys.