PDA

View Full Version : Royce for Raiders Coach

Smithy
30-03-06, 11:35 PM
As most of you would have seen on the footy show, Royce Simmons has stuck up his hand for the job of coach at Canberra.
They could do a lot worse than Royce.
He is a real players coach and demands respect....
I'm for it.

DeeGan
31-03-06, 08:28 AM
Royce after Raiders job
By Steve Mascord
March 31, 2006

WESTS Tigers assistant coach Royce Simmons has thrown his hat in the ring for the vacant Canberra coaching job.

The former Penrith coach said at Concord Oval yesterday that he would be happy to hold talks with the Raiders, who will lose Matthew Elliott to the Panthers at season's end.

"I'd certainly be interested to sit down and have a talk," Simmons told Channel 10 yesterday.

"The same goes for any club. The reason why you are in the game is because you want to do it at the top level."

Former Australia boss Chris Anderson and North Queensland assistant Neil Henry are among the other candidates for the Raiders post.

Penrith boss John Lang has also reportedly been offered to Canberra by an intermediary.

But Raiders chief executive Simon Hawkins said: "No one has spoken to me about John Lang."

The Daily Telegraph

John Lang and Royce Simmons as a two headed monster down in the ACT - even I would like to see that :D I think the Raiders need a proven coach with the ability to attract established players to the nation's capital.

Social Loafer
31-03-06, 09:14 AM
It is impossible to work out who we are even talking to for this gig.

I think management have done very well it not giving the media anything at all, all the stories have been pure speculation, even that shortlist of 5 was onl a list that "could include".
I think something big is happening behind the doors of Raiders HQ, and the eventual announcement will shock every signle one of us....

Social Loafer
31-03-06, 09:16 AM
and on John Lang... I would be very pleased if we signed him, I rate him very hihgly as a coach and wouldn't it be hilarious if Penrith went on to win the comp then swapped coaches with us :D

Dakink
31-03-06, 11:13 AM
They could do a lot worse than Lang or Royce. Both have now got results behind them.

Smithy
31-03-06, 07:37 PM
I have a feeling that it will be neither of the above named........I agree with schifty.........something will suprise us all..........

DIEHARD
31-03-06, 08:22 PM
I'm hoping that Lang gets the job. I'm not too fussed on other options being pushed around.

Any idea when we could expect any announcement or any development?

MOPL
31-03-06, 09:09 PM
Let John Lang do it he is used to being left out in the cold :purdy:

Royce what are you thinking i'd say you have packed into one to many scrums :ok:

Social Loafer
31-03-06, 09:18 PM
I'm hoping that Lang gets the job. I'm not too fussed on other options being pushed around.

Any idea when we could expect any announcement or any development?

"A week or two " is the quote from Hawkins (CEO)

Steelers
31-03-06, 09:38 PM
Any chance of Meninga regaining the job??? :p

Social Loafer
31-03-06, 09:44 PM
Any chance of Meninga regaining the job??? :p

As Much Chance as Brad Drew becoming Marketting manager of the titans in 07 :D