PDA

View Full Version : Origin: What is your favourite Origin moment?

DeeGan
29-03-06, 09:18 AM
Origin: What is your favourite Origin moment?

What a hard thread to narrow down to one moment on it's own. I know I will struggle here - perhaps nominate a few moments if your undecided :D

Dakink
29-03-06, 09:51 AM
Its odd - one of my favourite SOO moments was Mark Coyns last minute try for a QLD win many years ago!!!

Other than that It would have to be Timmins massive field goal to win the game!! A man that couldnt kick to save himself pots one over under the most intense pressure ever!

Queenslander
29-03-06, 10:23 AM
Its odd - one of my favourite SOO moments was Mark Coyns last minute try for a QLD win many years ago!!!

Other than that It would have to be Timmins massive field goal to win the game!! A man that couldnt kick to save himself pots one over under the most intense pressure ever!

1) Mark Coyne "Its a Miracle" Try
2) Billy Slaters solo effort in 2004
3) Every time that Queensland runs onto the field :D

Steelers
29-03-06, 10:26 AM
Timmo's field goal to win the game... yeah I know, it is a NSW moment... but what a kick!

HodgoBerro
29-03-06, 03:00 PM
too many narrow it down to 2

Dane Carlaws try SOO 3 2002

Mark Coyne's try

DeeGan
29-03-06, 03:03 PM
Origin 2001 - Game 3 - Allan Langer answers the S.O.S call from Bennett

Where is the Queenslander's with the Allan Langer S.O.S where he flew back from Warrington in 2001 to win us the third game :D Darren Lockyer from fullback also scored a hat-trick that was shadowed by the great man's return to the Origin arena.

The above is my favourite Origin moment. The lead up to the game was fairytale stuff for Maroons fans - one of QLD's favourite son's hopped on a plane to answer the call from Bennett....the rest is history.

Gee
29-03-06, 03:10 PM
you must be all to young. there is only one king of Origin WALLY

I use to love it when he would smash cliffy

Smithy
29-03-06, 03:15 PM
1) Mark Coyne "Its a Miracle" Try
2) Billy Slaters solo effort in 2004
3) Every time that Queensland runs onto the field :D
Add the return of Alfie to help out the Maroons and you got them all....
I also loved it when Billy Moore was giving the Queenslander cry in the tunnel......so much passion then........we need that again!!!

brn2bwyld
29-03-06, 04:01 PM
Game 1 1980 Big Artie playing one of the greatest games ever. That or the geyer lewis "fight"

Dakink
29-03-06, 04:05 PM
Im surprised no one has mentioned Big Gordie Carrying Hodgson over the side line like a hand bag.

Smithy
29-03-06, 04:07 PM
Any time big Mal was in full flight down the line...........

Queenslander
29-03-06, 06:40 PM
Add the return of Alfie to help out the Maroons and you got them all....
I also loved it when Billy Moore was giving the Queenslander cry in the tunnel......so much passion then........we need that again!!!

Amen to that buddy :thumbsup: Billy Moore was the inspiration for my name.....not my real name of course ;)

Eel 33
30-03-06, 02:54 PM
1. The "miracle" Mark Coyne try from game 1 in 94.
2. The Alfie "half way around the world" rescue mission in 01.
3. The Shaun Timmins field goal in game 1 of 04. I was sitting behind the posts and watched the ball sail thru the posts, i was stunned for the following 10 mins.
4. The Billy Slater try from game 2 of 04.
5. The brilliant Brett Kimmorley cut out pass to Matt Bowen, game 1 of 05.

It's too hard to narrow down, but if I have to it'll be no 1.

..::Coops::..
30-03-06, 05:10 PM
1. The "miracle" Mark Coyne try from game 1 in 94.
2. The Alfie "half way around the world" rescue mission in 01.
3. The Shaun Timmins field goal in game 1 of 04. I was sitting behind the posts and watched the ball sail thru the posts, i was stunned for the following 10 mins.
4. The Billy Slater try from game 2 of 04.
5. The brilliant Brett Kimmorley cut out pass to Matt Bowen, game 1 of 05.

It's too hard to narrow down, but if I have to it'll be no 1.

yep they're probably the same for me. except number 3- when that kick went through, i was shattered, it was great game, extra was fantastic ,except result of course!!

Capital_Shark
30-03-06, 08:39 PM
Game 1 of the 2006 series, at my first origin with 7 of my closest mates (only 2 of which will be supporting QLD with me) watching the blues cop the first of 3 hidings and me screaming "QUEENSLANDER" everywhere I go in Sydney. Can't wait! Bring on May 24th!!

Steve Dangerous
02-04-06, 01:33 PM
i LOVE state of origin. it's one of those things that totally grabs you.

my fav was the '95 series.. where all those going to superleague were barred from playing. and QLD was given NO chance, but we whitewashed the series. there was so much passion that year. it's what sport is all about... being the underdog and given no hope, but pulling off three amazing victories. and the QUEENSLANDER chant walking out onto the ground... gold.

TITANS007
18-04-06, 09:45 AM
Can't say I have a favourite origin moment, there are just far too many to choose from. I have to say though that one of my favourite photos from origin is the one of Gordie and Terry Hill in each other's face grabbing each other's jersey ready to bring on the biff!!!

hugebrianfan
18-11-06, 10:43 PM
when reg reagen was there lol

Poida
18-11-06, 10:45 PM
game 2 this year. webbs try, hodges intercept.

origin 3 the fact we showed character to lift from a very heartbreaking position to win.

Williams
18-11-06, 11:57 PM
Lockyers try in Game 3 this year was pretty emotional for me.

Shaun Timmons field goal in 2004 to win the series or game.

Robbie_Dee
19-11-06, 08:30 AM
QLD's effort in game 3 last year! I aint old enough to remember other great memories but for me that was my highlight so far! Lockyers try was the icing on the cake to lead QLD to victory! It was a miracle 2nd half!!!

Future Star
19-11-06, 06:50 PM
Brett Finch field goal - i only got interested in league this year so, thats the best i got.

another thing i liked this year is that Mogg was an origin star, stopping tries and scoring them - We will miss him at the raiders.

Williams
19-11-06, 08:31 PM
Shaun Timmons field goal was unbelievable now that i think about it :clap:

Poida
19-11-06, 08:38 PM
lol technically lockyer didnt score the origin 3 winning points.
i hand that credit to clinton schifcofske

Williams
19-11-06, 08:44 PM
Because it was a nail biting shot at goal :p

Titan_Matchu
19-11-06, 11:56 PM
I've got a few because I've only been watching Origin for a couple of years and there all Queenslander moments but thats just the way I am

1. Gordon Tallis pulling hodgson was the greatest S.O.O moment I've seen
2. Billy Slater's try in 04 that was unbelivable
3. Matt Bowen winning us game 1 last year with his 90 metre try off an intercept
4. All the boys this year on debut for QLD they gave an awesome effort in game 1 just falling short but wraping upo the series well done boys.

Steve
21-11-06, 11:13 AM
I have to agree with whoever mentioned MG and Wally going for it.

But 2000, Ryan Girdler, single handedly destroying Queensland, setting records for most goals in a match (10), most tries in a series (5), most points in a match (32), most goals in a series (16) and most points in a series (52).

:D

~lee~
21-11-06, 11:41 AM
2002 - Game 1 - It was the first time i had seen Origin and Brett Hodgson scored a 60-70 metre try - brilliant as a Parra and NSW fan!
Also the Tallis - Hodgson incident is very memorable.

2004 - Rhys Wesser under the high ball catching it and falling on his head - haha it was so funny.

Andrew
26-11-06, 08:24 AM
My favourite is in 2005 when matty bowen intercepted the ball in the last seconds to win the series for QLD

Poida
26-11-06, 10:12 AM
he won game one but nsw won the series

RLfan
30-11-06, 08:46 PM
Carlaw's last minute try in 02
Alfies comeback in 01
the series win by the reserve graders, rejects & rookies in 95
Bowen's match winning try in 05
Carroll's last minute try in 98, Coyne in 94
Queensland's comeback in game 3 in 06 & the belting in 02
Qld's biggest win in game 3, 03
Lote's hat trick in 02.

Yeah I know there is alot, but thats what makes origin special.

Poida
30-11-06, 08:49 PM
Carlaw's last minute try in 02
Alfies comeback in 01
the series win by the reserve graders, rejects & rookies in 95
Bowen's match winning try in 05
Carroll's last minute try in 98, Coyne in 94
Queensland's comeback in game 3 in 06 & the belting in 02
Qld's biggest win in game 3, 03
Lote's hat trick in 02.

Yeah I know there is alot, but thats what makes origin special.
:D :D :D :D i like youre thinking.

RLfan
02-12-06, 08:14 PM
Also, remember Andrew Gee's snap the finger back in place?

nflin3
14-12-06, 01:55 AM
All Queensland comebacks and last minute tries :p broad i know :p

Williams
14-12-06, 09:54 AM
Shaun Timmons field goal in 2004 ;) What a moment :p
Also, (i dont remember the year/game but...), Where it went from Joey to Buderus and he put an inside pass on to Brett Hodgsen to score :) Ahhh, 1 of my fav tries :D

shavenjas
14-12-06, 07:50 PM
Alfie Langer's come back for game 3, he played the most awsome game and we won, what a champ.

Dragons
14-12-06, 09:58 PM
2003,2004 and 2005

f.d
12-01-07, 09:06 PM
well, i might be showing my age but my favourite moment is way back in the mid eighties. this incident typifies state of origin for me. wally lewis was bludging in defense down the blind side about 30 metres out from nsw tryline. a quick backline was formed and michael o'conner recieved the ball and put himself in open space. a certain try they were crying. but the king new what they were thinking before they did, because he started running downfield before o'conner even touched the ball. so o'conners running up the sideline in the clear until he sees wally in front off to the side of him. it was no secret o'conner could step wide and fast off his left foot and as they drew closer o'conner stepped, but as i said before, wally knows what players are thinking before they even do, because played in slow motion you can see that wally actually stepped fractions of a second before o'conner did right into his new trajectory, and (back to normal motion) they collide at full speed bounce off each other and wally gets up first to mark him. a true try saving tackle. inspirational and origin stamped all over it.

TITANS007
22-04-07, 01:32 PM
Gordon Tallis and Terry Hill in each other's faces grabbing at each others jerseys.

MonaroMan
22-04-07, 08:22 PM
Lockyer's try and after-game speech in Game 3, 2006.

Old Diehard
25-04-07, 09:19 PM
Game 1 being at Lang Park, watching Artie lead the team onto to the field and thinking we are finally going to beat these bast@#ds because we got our players back!l Instead of watching all this guys brought from up here with pokie money playing in that sky blue jesery!
( a special thanks to Fortitude Valleys Leagues Club who at the time was able to get it's members tickets to that game!)

Chaos
25-04-07, 11:27 PM
I like the moment when big Carl Webb fired up against NSW's knocking the ball out of Bailey's control. I think he just gave away a penalty but just kept aiming up until someone was put in hospital or they lost the ball.
Lucky for NSW they gave us the ball.

Can anyone help me to remember what game that was?

christian
09-05-07, 02:39 PM
That happened in game 1 2005, the same game Matty Bowen intercepted Kimmorley's pass to take the game in extra time; two of my favourite moments.

Also:

- Coyne's miracle try
- Alfie's drop-goal to win 5-4
- Queensland's win in game 1 98, also the convicing victory in game 3 that year
- Game 3 2001
- CARLAW CARLAW! in game 3 2002
- Game 3 2006

:)

Steel Dragon
10-05-07, 11:55 PM
2 favourite moments:

1) Game 3, 2005 - Queensland had 6 consecutive sets attacking the New South Wales line right at the start of the match, and couldn't crack us. The best goalline defence I have ever seen. I knew it was our night after that.

2) Game 3, 2000 - I saw a replay of the highlights from this game in a shopping centre last year sometime, and it blew me away. The Blues attack in that game was mesmorising. Some of the best team tries I've seen in the bag of 9 the Blues scored. I had forgotten quite how well we played to put 50 on the Maroons.

Jason