PDA

View Full Version : Titans: We need a prop or two

DeeGan
28-03-06, 08:49 AM
Titans: We need a prop or two

I think having a very good prop rotation is imperitive to our success in 2007, we have Luke Bailey and need to look at a couple of more given Anthony Laffranchi will be a backrower.

Looking at the Big League Season preview this morning, he is a listing of some props on offer at the end of 2006:

Chris Armit
Nate Myles
Shane Webcke
Michael Weyman
Hutch Maiava
Antonio Kafusi
Dennis Scott
Carl Webb
Paul Stringer
FuiFui MoiMoi
Aaron Cannings
Aston Sims
Justin Poore
Luke Stuart
Adrian Morley
Craig Fitzgibbon
Richard Villasanti
John Skandalis

* Some players may have already re-signed

Thoughts on who would be an ideal signing. Look at two props from the list.

Smithy
28-03-06, 08:54 AM
I would love to see Carl Webb sign. Been a big fan of his for a long time........
John Skandalis would also be a good addition.
Come to think of it....there are alot of quality Props in that list........take your pick.

Queenslander
28-03-06, 08:59 AM
Craig Fitzgibbon
- a great goal kicker, and does rather well at the Roosters.

John Skandalis
- a workhorse for the Tigers, a true leader of the team who helped bring home the bacon for his side last year. He would be looking for a place to retire though, so I dont know if the Titans will be looking for players that are near to retirement. But on the upside he has experience with Scott Prince so they will know each others games already :thumbsup:

DeeGan
28-03-06, 09:01 AM
I think Skando will either be a life long Wests Tiger or head to the UK.

Craig Fitzgibbon is skipper with the Roosters, he ain't leaving.

I think we may have a surprise shot at Carl Webb to be totally honest given his good working relationship with Billy Johnstone and his early season stint in the lower grades which is doing nothing for his 'job satisfaction'.

Teegy
28-03-06, 09:17 AM
Carl Webb would also like to move back closer to his home town as he was a big family person.

But i would like to see Richard Villasanti, Aston Sims and Luke Stuart. all big strong and able to play 2nd row if needed and all are playing of the bench at their current club.

lonegull
28-03-06, 10:27 AM
Webb would be great real firebrand i also think Vilasanti might be cheap warriors cant afford him and he played for australia only a couple of seasons ago can play both font and second row,what about the young bloke who got man of the series in the sevens he would have to be putting his hand up

maroon man
28-03-06, 11:30 AM
I think that if the Titans are going to be firm in their selection of the person before the footballer, they would have to immediately discount Villasanti because of his well publicised indiscretions on the last Kangaroo tour.
Young Matt Austin, who was the player of the tournament at the Orara Sevens has a great chance to prove himself this year with Tweed Heads. Like most, I am a Carl Webb fan and if Billy Johnstone can keep him fit and focussed, what an asset he would be!!

brn2bwyld
28-03-06, 03:48 PM
Fui Fui Moi Moi and Dennis Scott wil complement each other well. Moi Moi will be the destructive atackking runner and Scot will be the workhorse. Matty Austin to come of the bench

shavenjas
28-03-06, 04:02 PM
Carl Web would be great, love watching him play and also a guy like Ben Hennet the new Broncos forward he looks like he's going to be a great player, i belive he comes from the Gold coast.

Luke
28-03-06, 04:50 PM
Nate Myles - A Queensland boy who was in contension for SoO last year.

Michael Weyman - Very under-rated prop he can be a real good player if injuries dont get to him.

DIEHARD
28-03-06, 07:50 PM
Absolutely the Titans need a prop or two. I'm still wondering who we should sign though. Webb would be the ultimate signing and Webcke on a on year contract would be a great buy, but will he leave the Broncos at the end of the year?

I think we may have a surprise shot at Carl Webb to be totally honest given his good working relationship with Billy Johnstone and his early season stint in the lower grades which is doing nothing for his 'job satisfaction'.

I actually think the Cowboys are just trying to descipline him and teach him a lesson early in the season to get the most out of him and so he doesn't take a first grade spot for granted. That is my theory anyway, I would love to see him in Titans colours as much as Scott Prince or Preston Campbell.

The Original Idiot
02-04-06, 02:08 PM
Lets get Aaron Cannings. Monster of a prop.

Chaos
08-04-06, 10:48 PM
FuiFui MoiMoi would have to be the pick of the bunch there.
Once he went from the Parramatta side last year, so did Parra's grunt up front. His absence was a big reason for their loss to the Cowboys.

I'd also be looking at Hutch Maiava.
I yet to see him play this year but remember him as a very solid player.

Old Diehard
09-04-06, 12:29 PM
Ben Hennant (and he is a local lad as well), but I'ld imagine he's tried up on a contract for awhile. Only young but he's BIG and I'm impressed with his work rate.
Here's one out of left field- Oli Brown. Certainly has a big heart and although he's playing in France, I'm sure he loved to play 1 more season back on the GC.
Who's going well at Palm Beach/Currumbin High and Kembla Park High Schools. (SIGN THEM UP!) Great schools of excellance for league (and that's something that AFL haven't got at the coast).

The Original Idiot
09-04-06, 02:32 PM
Burleigh has a nice pack (including Brown, their captain), I'm sure we can get some of their players for depth at least.