PDA

View Full Version : Your 2007 Gold Coast Titans

Christabella
24-09-05, 01:38 PM
If they are then I'm pretty sure they will have to wait until 2008 for his signature as I have read that is how long he is contracted to the Storm for and there would be no way in hell the Storm would release him before that.

Next year Inglis will be in the top two centres at the club alongside Matt King and the full game he played in the centres against the Bulldogs showed the amazing potential he has. I'd say he looks a stronger player in the centres than at fullback or on the wing.

DeeGan
24-09-05, 01:50 PM
Ouch - that hurt my eyes!

turn it down a bit!

Fixed.

Greg Inglis is a kid I am hoping we can lure to the Titans, he is a superstar in the making and with his preferred position at fullback (where Billy Slater has the job for Melbourne) the Titans may be alble to accomodate him with the number 1 jersey. In saying that, he could be a brilliant centre as well.

Clint Greenshields is another young player that would be a great signing for us. Clint reminds me of a throwback fullback, he reminds me alot of the Mick Potters, Garry Jacks of the 80's and early 90's who were simply solid in each facet of their play.

Mark Minichello I think would blossom in a change of scenery escaping the enormous shadow that is cast by brother Anthony.

There is some exciting talent out there and from what I am hearing, there is alot of interest from players in a possible move to the Coast in 2007.

Exciting times ahead Titans fans!

Cheers

DeeGan

Mavfan
24-09-05, 03:12 PM
Greg Inglis is a kid I am hoping we can lure to the Titans, he is a superstar in the making and with his preferred position at fullback (where Billy Slater has the job for Melbourne) the Titans may be alble to accomodate him with the number 1 jersey. In saying that, he could be a brilliant centre as well.

Clint Greenshields is another young player that would be a great signing for us. Clint reminds me of a throwback fullback, he reminds me alot of the Mick Potters, Garry Jacks of the 80's and early 90's who were simply solid in each facet of their play.

I just hope the GC dont go and buy both of these kids as one will eventually play out of position. IMO i feel Micheal Searle needs to concentrate on Greg Inglis. Just imagin a backline of Inglis, Matt Peterson and Brian Carney. Speed to burn.

Dakink
24-09-05, 03:23 PM
I always thought Inglis would end up being a centre?

I thought Greensheilds was the only fullback

Super Cronk
24-09-05, 10:35 PM
inglis is better at centre IMO. He gets the ball in hand more, thus giving him more time and room to work his magic. He is also a handy goal kicker AND in field kicker. His defence is very strong and attack is awesome and does it with ease.

His contract runs out at end of 2008. He has been with storm since he was 14...so the storm is like a family to him. I cant see him leaving in a rush,he may want to go to GC but it would be hard to leave a club that you have been with since you were 14. The GC will most likely sign someone next year on a 2-4 year contract so by the time inglis's contract runs out with storm...the GC would most likely have a centre or fullback who is commited to a long term contract.

ridgey
26-09-05, 09:39 AM
i think 1 guy the Titans should persue to come back home is Tim Smith,although surely Brian smith and Parra would have probably offered him a 40 year contract the kid is something special and with the premiership light on for top halfbacks he'd be a wise investment.i don't wanna give him too many wraps at such a young age but he could be 1 of the greats!

Dakink
26-09-05, 09:50 AM
i think 1 guy the Titans should persue to come back home is Tim Smith,although surely Brian smith and Parra would have probably offered him a 40 year contract the kid is something special and with the premiership light on for top halfbacks he'd be a wise investment.i don't wanna give him too many wraps at such a young age but he could be 1 of the greats!

I agree with Tim being something specail, but I dont think we are that light on for top quality halfbacks.

Prince, (Thurston & Barrett can both play there), Hornby & Head (WOnder who
I follow), Gower, Kimmorley ;) , Johns!

Teegy
26-09-05, 10:03 AM
Tim Smith is not even in the top 10 Halfbacks. he is good but has not showed that he controls the game like others. one of the most promising Halfbacks Yes but top 4 no

ridgey
26-09-05, 10:38 AM
so you don't think smith is better than,Monaghan,Seymour,Finch,B Walker,T Carney,Hornby or Firman?

Teegy
26-09-05, 10:40 AM
Hornby, Firman, Monaghan and Seymour are all more rounded players but Tim Smith is still young and will improve

ridgey
26-09-05, 10:46 AM
brett seymour is the worst halfback in the nrl,he offers nothing to that brisbane team,they really should've tried to keep berrick barnes

Teegy
26-09-05, 10:48 AM
Barnes is a better 5/8.

PARANoIR
26-09-05, 10:50 AM
I agree Smith was shocking yesterday, he showed his immaturity. Hes proven himself against the crap teams, but hes yet to have a decent game against one of the top teams.

Finch and Seymour are the only halves worse than him.

Firman will develop into one of the better halfbacks in the NRL if he's given time. Theres something about him I really like.

Teegy
26-09-05, 10:52 AM
Firman will be good he is big strong and talented.

PARANoIR
26-09-05, 10:55 AM
If him and Thurston stay together theyll be the best combo in the league in a few years.

Teegy
26-09-05, 10:56 AM
yer together they have a good mix

ridgey
26-09-05, 11:05 AM
yeah it's the old cliche when your a half though your only as good as ya pack,the cowboys really aimed up yesterday,smiths kicking game was off though.
i still don't rate firman,he's got talent but halfbacks in this day and age shouldn't be starting from the bench.

Teegy
26-09-05, 11:07 AM
If it works then i would stick with it

no free passes
26-09-05, 07:07 PM
i'm pretty impressed by the sign-ons for the 2007 Titans. I love league but don't follow it religiously, know all the stats etc and i recognised almost all the names on that list. that rates highly with me.

The Original Idiot
27-09-05, 04:03 PM
"If him and Thurston stay together theyll be the best combo in the league in a few years."

What beats me is why the Cowboys signed him when they already had Thurston, Sheppard (well, not anymore), Muspratt, Myles and McConnell. Oh well, at least the Coast can get McConnell, who is the best half in Queensland Cup.

Teegy
27-09-05, 04:15 PM
McConnell has had a Quiet year this year. hopefully will be back to his best next year

The Original Idiot
27-09-05, 05:47 PM
Graham Appo For #6!
Preston For Halfback!
Viva La Resistance!

Lachy
02-10-05, 11:36 PM
Are we actually going to sign anyone from development in the Gold Coast, because if we don't. It will be exactly like all the Gold Coast teams before us.

The Original Idiot
03-10-05, 03:58 PM
Hopefully they'll recruit from Burleigh and Tweed Heads.

Steve Dangerous
03-10-05, 04:06 PM
Are we actually going to sign anyone from development in the Gold Coast, because if we don't. It will be exactly like all the Gold Coast teams before us.

Hi there, Lachy. Somebody has asked Titans coach John Cartwright a similar question which hopefully answers yours too:

Screen-name: Teegy
Question for: John Cartwright
Question is: With the Titans are their going to be many QLD cup players considered for the first grade team or are you looking to have established NRL players?

Teegy, Thanks for your interest reguarding the Titans. The basis of our side will be established NRL players, but with the way the salary cap operates there will be places for players who are performing at Queensland cup level. We are very fortunate to have 3 quality clubs in, seagulls, Burleigh & IPs wich as our feeder clubs and im sure you will see some of your favourite Q cup players doing their stuff for the Titans.

and with three feeders clubs you'll find more and more local youngsters coming through and playing for us, similar to how nth qld now has many locals such as Matt Bowen and Ty Williams who have risen through the ranks and turned into superstars.

Steelers
03-10-05, 04:10 PM
i just wonder how burleigh will go in the QLD Cup now when some of their top players are playing for the titans?

Titanium_BD1103
03-10-05, 10:32 PM
Ah Burleigh have had to deal with it for a while now... the Bulldogs have taken 6-8 a year from them to fix up their sides in JF, PL and FG.... nothing new for the Bears.. just a different club... :)

Steelers
03-10-05, 10:36 PM
Ah Burleigh have had to deal with it for a while now... the Bulldogs have taken 6-8 a year from them to fix up their sides in JF, PL and FG.... nothing new for the Bears.. just a different club... :)

well considering that, they have done well in the QLD cup. they made the GF this year. the pressure should ease off them considering that GC have 3 feeder clubs.

Titanium_BD1103
03-10-05, 10:38 PM
Yeah it should... but this year we didn't poach as much... I think only one player that came to the club came from there.... and yeah the pressure is off them now... GC have 3 feeder clubs.. and the Bulldogs are getting Juniors from North Sydney...

Everyone is happy... except the Melbourne Storm... as us Doggies keep stealing juniors away from them... :) :)

Steelers
03-10-05, 10:39 PM
Yeah it should... but this year we didn't poach as much... I think only one player that came to the club came from there.... and yeah the pressure is off them now... GC have 3 feeder clubs.. and the Bulldogs are getting Juniors from North Sydney...

Everyone is happy... except the Melbourne Storm... as us Doggies keep stealing juniors away from them... :) :)

well there wouldn't be many juniors in an AFL dominant state :rolleyes:

Super Cronk
03-10-05, 10:43 PM
well there wouldn't be many juniors in an AFL dominant state :rolleyes:

You would be surprised. There are 8 players from melbourne in the U/16's australia team thats travelling around playing NZ/england etc. They are starting to get leagues going down there and there have been atleast 5 good young players signed by NRL clubs...none of which are the storm.

Bulldog titan the dogs havent stolenany victorian juniors...they signed players from the bears the storm's NSW feeder club. Storm offered 2 of them contracts and the knocked it back to go to the doggies.

Titanium_BD1103
03-10-05, 10:47 PM
You would be surprised. There are 8 players from melbourne in the U/16's australia team thats travelling around playing NZ/england etc. They are starting to get leagues going down there and there have been atleast 5 good young players signed by NRL clubs...none of which are the storm.

Bulldog titan the dogs havent stolenany victorian juniors...they signed players from the bears the storm's NSW feeder club. Storm offered 2 of them contracts and the knocked it back to go to the doggies.

Yeah, I know that.. but still they are your feeder club... don't you want them to go to your club... I'm sure if it was our feeder club.. I'd be annoyed if they went elsewhere... :D

Super Cronk
03-10-05, 10:47 PM
Yeah I know... we just have made life one heck tougher for the Storm.. no juniors cause the GC is looking afta QLD.. and now we are poaching from North Sydney... ah life is tough when you live in Melbourne... :D :D

not really we havent used any players from the bears anyway. plus the norths devils are also our feeder and have given us players like slater, cam smith, hoffman, jeremy smith, cooper cronk...so its not bad at all.

Titanium_BD1103
03-10-05, 10:48 PM
But aren't Norths one of the GC feeder clubs now... I thought that was the case, then the juniors will run out.. if not... then all is still fine... :)

Steelers
03-10-05, 10:51 PM
Feeder clubs don't mean much now anyway. The Broncos grab players from all over the QLD Cup, even though their feeder club is Toowoomba. Bulldogs get from Norths, who id=s feeder to Melb. Clubs and players don't acknowledge 'feeder club' anymore.

The Original Idiot
06-10-05, 07:30 AM
Feeder clubs don't mean much now anyway. The Broncos grab players from all over the QLD Cup, even though their feeder club is Toowoomba. Bulldogs get from Norths, who is feeder to Melb.
The Broncos select players from clubs around Brisbane, but their reserve graders play for Toowoomba. And how many players have the dogs taken from Norths? Feeder clubs are well and truly alive, thank you very much.

Lennox Titan
11-10-05, 01:14 PM
How old is Wes Patten? maybe he will be back if given parole. :cool:

Hindy_Magic
16-10-05, 10:46 AM
that is very true.

Rabbitohs_Fan2005
16-10-05, 11:25 AM
They should have a pretty awesome team, but they will need to work as a team to get anywhere because not all the single players can do it by themselves..

Troy
18-10-05, 12:11 AM
It would be awesome if Clint Greenshields got signed up. He's had an awesome year for the dragons and they are definitely gonna have to lose some of their players.

littledog
27-10-05, 04:55 PM
i would also really like to c greenshields signed up.... another youngsta i would go for would be ben creagh- i beleave he will become one of the games great back rowers... he is also representing australia right now on the tour

The Original Idiot
27-10-05, 07:33 PM
Dragons will hang onto him, for mine.

Kingytek
04-11-05, 02:59 PM
1. Clint Greenshields
2. Brian Carney
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Sam Perrett
5. Matt Petersen
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Anthony Laffranchi
9. Nathen Friend
10 Luke Bailey
11. Ashton Sims
12. Mark Minichello
13. Luke O'Dwyer

This would be a good start!

The Original Idiot
04-11-05, 03:02 PM
Sam Perrett is a centre now?

Kingytek
04-11-05, 03:08 PM
Sam Perrett is a centre now?

He could be....

Social Loafer
05-12-05, 11:42 AM
Worth noting Marshall Chalk and William Zillman are both off contract at the end of 2006 and both are Queensland boys :(

SOLIOLA
05-12-05, 12:42 PM
Did sam perrett sign with GC

This is new news to me

DeeGan
05-12-05, 12:46 PM
Sam Perrett has not signed with the Gold Coast Titans.

DeeGan

panther4eva
24-12-05, 01:06 PM
1. Clint Greenshields
2. Brian Carney
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Sam Perrett
5. Matt Petersen
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Anthony Laffranchi
9. Nathen Friend
10 Luke Bailey
11. Ashton Sims
12. Mark Minichello
13. Luke O'Dwyer

This would be a good start!

Thats a pretty good side, but wat would happen if half the side got injuries (just like the dogs this yr).

Titanium_BD1103
24-12-05, 02:41 PM
There are plenty of players to choose from.. I am sure the GC will make the right choice.. and as for the half the side getting injuries.. I am sure we will have some depth.. but all teams have to go through it once in a while.. it will give the youngsters a chance to get experience and the GC Titans will be a stronger team as a result.. :)

Lets hope though that we don't have a injury plagued season for a while yet.. ;)

panther4eva
24-12-05, 06:49 PM
Yeah hopefully it doesnt happen. I dont want it 2 happen to them either.

Luke
01-01-06, 05:14 PM
1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Brett Delaney
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Nathan Fien
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Stuart Fielden
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Reni Maitua
13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Aston Sims
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Chris Sandow

warriors&titans#1
22-01-06, 06:01 PM
doesnt look like itll be jamie lyon, hes been signed by manly for 2007

anti
24-01-06, 06:36 PM
Worth noting Marshall Chalk and William Zillman are both off contract at the end of 2006 and both are Queensland boys :(

It was reported in the Qld Times that Chalky was keen to play for Titians, as it would move him closer to his home town of Boonah.
Is William Zillman any relations to Mark?

DeeGan
03-03-06, 11:59 AM
Scott Prince added!!!! :D

dan the man
03-03-06, 03:01 PM
in reply to prince added
:hi:

Blunt_Beno
20-03-06, 04:41 PM
id like to see them gain brenton bowen, he is a great fullback who will continue to strugle to get his chance in the nrl with matty bowen in his way. also matt balin from manly, i played most of my junior footy against and also alongside this guy he is a great player, he would be a great player to gain for the hooking role.

DeeGan
23-05-06, 10:50 PM
Richie Mathers added :D

Luke
26-05-06, 05:23 PM
Now we have Luke Swain the team should look something like this

1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. Luke O'Dwyer

Kingytek
26-05-06, 05:45 PM
Now we have Luke Swain the team should look something like this

1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. Luke O'Dwyer

Now, that is a great team!!!!!

novacastrian_panther
29-05-06, 05:26 PM
1. Mathers
2. Petersen
3. De Vere
4. Hannay
5. Carney
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Laffranchi
11. Swain
12. Minichello
13. Hill

14. Maitua
15. O'Dwyer
16. Sims
17. Sandow

Super Cronk
29-05-06, 10:38 PM
Apprently Ryan Hoffman is still un signed by the storm and he may be testing his worth on the open market....reckon titans should go after him?

novacastrian_panther
30-05-06, 12:08 PM
Yep, I reckon they should. He is a queenslander isnt he?

Super Cronk
30-05-06, 12:15 PM
Yep, I reckon they should. He is a queenslander isnt he?

Nope from NSW.

Supergoose
30-05-06, 09:44 PM
Apprently Ryan Hoffman is still un signed by the storm and he may be testing his worth on the open market....reckon titans should go after him?

Quality backrower who can play centre - we have Luke O'Dwyer already but I reckon Hoffman is better ATM. Couldn't hurt to have them both - Hoffman would make a great centre long term as well I reckon although you'd like to have some more strike power in the other centre to compensate. Hoffman is a Gene Miles type centre (although not in the same class as yet). He's definitely one to look at IMO.

JTTanswell
31-05-06, 12:13 PM
why chase hoffman he's over rated we whant meyers

Teegy
31-05-06, 12:14 PM
why chase hoffman he's over rated we whant meyers
Myers is the over-rated one. he only become good while playing in a lesser comp

JTTanswell
31-05-06, 07:21 PM
Myers is the over-rated one. he only become good while playing in a lesser comp

he was an international before he was cheap shotted and lost confiedence. and i hate to say it that confidence is back

Teegy
31-05-06, 07:35 PM
yes a fill in QLDer when we were short of forwards. i would go for someone who can hack it in the NRL one someone who ran of to suprleague

Supergoose
31-05-06, 09:28 PM
The first article in RLW talks about the "Likely Destination" of the top 25 off contract stars. According to Tony Adams' Exclusive the Titans look like snaring Craig Fitzgibbon, Ashton Sims, Clint Greenshields, Jake Webster. Not a bad line-up giving us the following

Greenshields, Mathers, Webster, O'Dwyer, Carney, Campbell, Prince, Swain, Laffranchi, Fitzgibbon, Sims, Friend, Bailey - Petersen, Meyers? +?

Queenslander
01-06-06, 11:39 AM
Brad Meyers has now been signed on a two-year deal. :)

Luke
03-06-06, 02:29 PM
My team for the Titans

1. Richard Mathers
2. Matthew Petersen
3. Jake Webster
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Frank Puletua
16. Justin Poore
17. Mark Minichiello

Players in Bold have already signed.

Coaster
03-06-06, 03:08 PM
My team for the Titans

1. Richard Mathers
2. Jake Webster
3. Josh Hannay
4. Willie Tonga
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Frank Puletua
16. Justin Poore
17. Mark Minichiello

Teegy
03-06-06, 03:10 PM
1. Clint Greenshields
2. Matthew Petersen
3. Richard Mathers
4. Josh Hanney
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Frank Puletua
16. Justin Poore
17. Aaron Gorrell

novacastrian_panther
03-06-06, 03:21 PM
1. Clint Greenshields
2. Matthew Petersen
3. Richard Mathers
4. Josh Hanney
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Frank Puletua
16. Justin Poore
17. Aaron Gorrell

Has mathers even played centre before?

Teegy
03-06-06, 03:25 PM
Has mathers even played centre before?
i heard he plays all over the backline. if not swap him and Greenshields

Luke
03-06-06, 04:19 PM
My team for the Titans

1. Richard Mathers
2. Matthew Petersen
3. Jake Webster
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Frank Puletua
16. Justin Poore
17. Mark Minichiello

Players in Bold have already signed.

Swap MacDougall for Hannay and then thats my team.

Coaster
03-06-06, 04:26 PM
Im so pumped

I am finding it hard to be patient now :blush:

Carn the Titans!!

Supergoose
03-06-06, 11:56 PM
1. Clint Greenshields
2. Matthew Petersen
3. Richard Mathers
4. Josh Hanney
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Frank Puletua
16. Justin Poore
17. Aaron Gorrell

As if Friend would start ahead of Gorrell! Not sure if Gorrell is available but he is an excellent hooker. I doubt that he is a target for the Titans with other positions a priority. Put Marhsall Chalk in for Aaron Gorrell and Jake Webster and Luke MacDougall in for Matt Petersen and Josh Hannay and you have my preferred side.

Chaos
04-06-06, 10:10 PM
Where has all this push for Fitzgibbon come from?

A player that has physically bashed his body over a long period of time is surely looking to retire at a club that will give a handsom pay packet.
I think money would be better spent elsewhere.

Supergoose
05-06-06, 10:46 PM
Where has all this push for Fitzgibbon come from?

A player that has physically bashed his body over a long period of time is surely looking to retire at a club that will give a handsom pay packet.
I think money would be better spent elsewhere.

Fitzgibbon has been linked by the Rugby League Week amongst other experts to the Titans due to his connection to John Cartwright. I think people are starting to look at it as a done deal, so why fight it. Agree somewhat with your sentiments though. I'd much rather an Ashton Sims or someone of that ilk.

Teegy
06-06-06, 10:45 AM
dont know if you have seen Sims play lately but hes not real good ATM. if he could get some form back then id look at him but ATM i think hes destioned to be a 1 yr wonder

Dakink
06-06-06, 11:04 AM
I agree with Teegy - he has been struggling of late - he is suffering from the weight of expectations a little and has been off the pace. I dont think he is a one year wonder, but needs a few more years to gain the maturity needed to dominate a pack.

If he is cheap, and with a back rower like Carty to guide him, perhaps he could be a buy for the future....

basilisk
06-06-06, 07:37 PM
Ashton Sims used to play league for my high school! Its sooo crazy to hear him being talked about everywhere. He will not be a one year wonder, i concur with Dakink, he just needs time. :)

Chaos
06-06-06, 09:32 PM
Fitzgibbon has been linked by the Rugby League Week amongst other experts to the Titans due to his connection to John Cartwright. I think people are starting to look at it as a done deal, so why fight it.

So why fight it...because I think with the money he will except, we can buy a higher quality forward for a fraction of the cost and then spend the rest on some young guns.

DeeGan
06-06-06, 10:41 PM
I think we will have some new signings sooner rather than later with surprises in store for us all - let's just enjoy the ride and welcome who ever Carty deems as suitable for this club :D

DIEHARD
06-06-06, 11:01 PM
Can't wait for the new signings. It is so great to have a club again, so I can enjoy the simple pleasures of signing new players.

Chaos
07-06-06, 09:39 PM
I think we will have some new signings sooner rather than later with surprises in store for us all - let's just enjoy the ride and welcome who ever Carty deems as suitable for this club :D

Deegan,

Who else is involved in deciding what players get signed, besides Carty?

DeeGan
08-06-06, 05:34 PM
I am not privy to that though an educated guess would be; Carty, Satts, Gillmeister and Michael. John is the coach so he will be the guy getting the players he wants that fits in line with the culture we are building at the club - given John lives and dies by his decisions as coach, I dare say like any NRL coach he will have the biggest say with his immediate staff.

Chaos
08-06-06, 06:39 PM
Having a clean start and not inheriting problem players would be a dream job for any coach
Carty must be loving every minute of this.

Teegy
09-06-06, 03:14 PM
Frank Pulatua has signed with the titans

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=4091

Kingytek
09-06-06, 04:02 PM
Welcome Frank Puletua......

1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Frank Puletua
12. Luke Swain
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Brad Myers

Teegy
09-06-06, 04:23 PM
no way. Puletua would be coming of the bench

Teegy
09-06-06, 04:27 PM
actually hes named as front row on the titans team page

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Teegy23/fhg.jpg

Kingytek
09-06-06, 04:27 PM
no way. Puletua would be coming of the bench

You think so? I wasnt sure where to put him. I thought he deserved to be in the run on team and leave meyers as an impact player

Teegy
09-06-06, 04:29 PM
You think so? I wasnt sure where to put him. I thought he deserved to be in the run on team and leave meyers as an impact player
i would actually rather both off the bench in the long run. bith are better of the bench

Kingytek
09-06-06, 04:32 PM
Or even...
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Myers
11. Frank Puletua
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer

Supergoose
10-06-06, 07:06 AM
Read murmurs in the Mole in Rugby League Week that the Titans have a massive forward signing imminent so the chances are Frank will be on the bench with Meyers and O'Dwyer ;)

Teegy
10-06-06, 09:50 AM
Read murmurs in the Mole in Rugby League Week that the Titans have a massive forward signing imminent so the chances are Frank will be on the bench with Meyers and O'Dwyer ;)
so that would mean they have 2 more frwards signings to come.

DeeGan
10-06-06, 11:12 AM
The RLW gets another plug with "rumoured signings" from supergoose :laugh: The Mole must have an easy job when talking about the Titans to be honest, he could sit there and plug "rumoured signings" each and every week until we fill our 25 man squad adding little phrases like "he will be worth his weight in gold" etc. to ensure he gets paid each week :laugh:

So far Craig Fitzgibbon is linked now another forward "worth his weight in gold"?

Nice work if you can get it.

On the Fitzgibbon signing, with the hot tip being Cross is already signed with Perth Force, the Roosters will have some $$$ to throw around in 2007 and surely will look at a top up on Fitzy's contract given the likelyhood the of Morley leaving as well. The dealings of the Roosters over the next week of two may have a significant impact on the Titans. As much as I don't think we will get Fitzy, IF we did, the signing would be huge coupled with perhaps the rumoured gain of Danny Nutley.

TitanBronco
11-06-06, 02:35 AM
It will be interesting to see who they buy for the Center positions. Luke Priddis would off been a huge buy for the hooker role but Nathan Friend is a good little little player he will handle the job.

patskE
11-06-06, 12:47 PM
i rkn sign Manese Manakafoa, good player, stands out's at souths i rkn

Chaos
11-06-06, 01:04 PM
I think Kylie Leuluai is one of the biggest hitters in the game.
Has anyone mentioned him in a Titans jersey?

Titanium_BD1103
11-06-06, 01:41 PM
On 2GB this afternoon from Tony Magaee it was stated that Steve Turner and Jake Webster apparently are leaving the Storm to join the Titans... ;)

They would be really good signings... oh and it was also stated that Anthony Quinn is headed to Melbourne... deals to be announced after June 30.

DeeGan
11-06-06, 02:41 PM
cronk brought this up with me the other night on MSN. I would be over the moon to secure Kiwi international Jake Webster though not too fussed with either way with Turner. It makes sense given the competition and depth in the Storm backline does give them some room to move.

Webster prefers centre I remember reading and we would gladly welcome him and give him that chance. Turner is a good performer and gives depth to the team. I think he will most likely start with Carney on the wing if the rumour comes true.

What a team we are building, I am growing in confidence more and more each day and believe we are going to give the competition a shake in our first tilt if we can remain healthy :D

patskE
11-06-06, 02:56 PM
tuner is a great player, same with webstar, good signings if we can get em
maybe slot mathers into center
get tuner fullback and webstar wing or something lol
but if u going do that, i would get greensheilds probley

Chaos
12-06-06, 06:01 PM
After viewing the ?Players Off contract list? thread, I selected the players I think may balance the side we already have

Possible next forward signing
Hutch Maiauva
Kylie Leuluai (All hard hitting defenders)
Mark Minichiello
Nigel Plum

Ben Creagh

Possible next back signing
Willie Tonga
Jake Webster
Adam MacDougall
Luke MacDougall

DeeGan
12-06-06, 06:05 PM
I guess the hard thing is when compiling the above lists is deciding on how to do come up with the criteria when selecting a player. For example, Ben Creagh I have huge wraps on though would not consider him at the Titans for the simple reason being is 99% likely he will stay with the Dragons who would not want to lose a young player of his calibre.

Nice list either way, Mark Minichiello is a signing I like that I forgot to add in a different thread.

Chaos
12-06-06, 09:30 PM
Ben Creagh I have huge wraps on though would not consider him at the Titans for the simple reason being is 99% likely he will stay with the Dragons who would not want to lose a young player of his calibre.

I wouldn't think they would let him go either but it's getting closer and closer to the deadline...why haven't the Dragons sucured his signature yet?

Steelers
12-06-06, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't think they would let him go either but it's getting closer and closer to the deadline...why haven't the Dragons sucured his signature yet?

Because he wants $300000 a year and the Dragons most likely can't afford that.

TitanBronco
12-06-06, 11:40 PM
I heard the dragons will let him go because he is asking somewhere around 900,000 a year and the Dragons won't be able to keep him under the cap. So he would be on the market I assume. I don't think the Titans would be interested considering we already have quality fowards already signed up.

Teegy
13-06-06, 09:11 AM
no he is asking 900000 for 3yrs. which makes it as Steelers said 300000 a yr. but according to my mates in the dragons army he has already agreed to a deal and is only needing to sign the dotted line

DeeGan
14-06-06, 10:26 AM
The RLW gets another plug with "rumoured signings" from supergoose :laugh: The Mole must have an easy job when talking about the Titans to be honest, he could sit there and plug "rumoured signings" each and every week until we fill our 25 man squad adding little phrases like "he will be worth his weight in gold" etc. to ensure he gets paid each week :laugh:

So far Craig Fitzgibbon is linked now another forward "worth his weight in gold"?

Nice work if you can get it..

This week the "Mole" who I only assume reads the forum looking for possible links to our club has informed his loyal readers that there is "strong mail" that Mick Devere will be joining us in 2007.

Well, we discussed this possible signing many months ago and I think he would be a great signing for the club so fingers crossed and let's hope the Mole gets one right here.

Fitzgibbon in the same publication states he is hoping to work something out with the Roosters who have lost Morley to Warrington (4yr deal as per SMH) and Ryan Cross who is expected to confirm his move to the Perth Force today.

Next week with the Mole: Titans linked to ???? ????

Dakink
14-06-06, 10:48 AM
lol,

Next week in the mole;

* - Cigarettes cause cancer.

* - Lewis to come out of retirement for Titans.

* - Cartwright to coach Titans.

Titanium_BD1103
14-06-06, 10:50 AM
Can we confirm that the mole is not someone on this forum... because if it is...I'd love to know who.. ;)

It seems every piece of information he/she has written has come from here, it is all the stuff we talk about and the same things we alude to.. therefore I think the mole is not just a mole in RLW, but a mole at the Titanium forums too... :satan:

DeeGan
14-06-06, 10:53 AM
lol,

Next week in the mole;

* - Cigarettes cause cancer.

* - Lewis to come out of retirement for Titans.

* - Cartwright to coach Titans.

:laugh: Nice call :laugh:

I would lean towards any member of this forum being the mole as 99.9% unlikely.

If your asking does he/she read the forum, 99.9% YES.

Teegy
14-06-06, 10:58 AM
Can we confirm that the mole is not someone on this forum... because if it is...I'd love to know who.. ;)

It seems every piece of information he/she has written has come from here, it is all the stuff we talk about and the same things we alude to.. therefore I think the mole is not just a mole in RLW, but a mole at the Titanium forums too... :satan:
i can tell you its not me

Teegy
14-06-06, 10:59 AM
:laugh: Nice call :laugh:

I would lean towards any member of this forum being the mole as 99.9% unlikely.

If your asking does he/she read the forum, 99.9% YES.
yer on average we woull have atleast 7 guest browsing the forum when im on here

Dakink
14-06-06, 12:46 PM
Some food for thought;

lets look at some mysterious aliases....

Anyone ever seen the boss in real life???

Captain Charger? The Mole??

Could they all in fact be the same person - the plot thickens. Answer us this....

DeeGan
14-06-06, 01:36 PM
Some food for thought;

lets look at some mysterious aliases....

Anyone ever seen the boss in real life???

Captain Charger? The Mole??

Could they all in fact be the same person - the plot thickens. Answer us this....

:!: The plot does thicken...it must be the guy who is Big Brother! 100% agree Dakink

Dakink
14-06-06, 01:40 PM
:!: The plot does thicken...it must be the guy who is Big Brother! 100% agree Dakink

LOL

You know very well that wasnt what I was implying - though now you make me think about it - Are you BB as well?

The Original Idiot
14-06-06, 04:16 PM
Alright, I admit it! It's me! I also stole Christmas in 1996 and the North Sydney Bears!

Super Cronk
15-06-06, 12:31 PM
The storm have re-signed Matt Geyer, so i think Webster is now a certainty for you guys.

Kingytek
15-06-06, 12:46 PM
The storm have re-signed Matt Geyer, so i think Webster is now a certainty for you guys.
We can only hope!!!

lonegull
15-06-06, 01:26 PM
webster a certain with the storm signing of Quinn

novacastrian_panther
15-06-06, 01:51 PM
webster will most certainly sign with the titans i reckon. i wonder if hannay will sign with yas aswell...
btw dont sign anymore panthers players

Kingytek
15-06-06, 02:57 PM
Looking good lads....

1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
3. Josh Graham
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Frank Puletua
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Michael Hodgson

patskE
15-06-06, 04:41 PM
man, depending how quick we gel
top 8 for sure
fkn good looking pack

patskE
15-06-06, 07:03 PM
soz for dbl post but update team page plz :D

Supergoose
15-06-06, 10:41 PM
A couple of nice signings since I last visited. I'm going to try and get some cash on for the 8. I reckon we're certainties. Hodgson is a solid contributor and a deadset workhorse and Josh Graham will be sensational IMO. Still wondering who the next big signing will be - expecting it to be Nutley.

TitanBronco
16-06-06, 12:04 AM
Im hoping we get either Asotasi or Webster

patskE
16-06-06, 12:11 PM
i hope we sign tonga
his the one man i wanna see in a titan uniform the most
he will provide that spark i rkn
our next big signing should be an center, thats wat we need most atm
we have the forwards now

Kingytek
16-06-06, 01:25 PM
This would be an impressive squad!

1. Richie Mathers
2. Steven Turner
3. Josh Graham
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney
6. Scott Hill
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Frank Puletua
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Brad Meyers
17. Preston Campbell

18. Matt Petersen

The Original Idiot
16-06-06, 08:34 PM
Thing is, I wouldn't waste money and cap space on Hill. He has been pretty flat for Melbourne this season, is getting on in years and recently has played better at lock than 6 IMO. We have 3-4 guys who can play lock. Campbell is much better starting.

Saint_Titan
18-06-06, 11:11 AM
Judging by the recent 'potential signings' floating around and the players we have got, id say our best team would look something like this:

1/Mathers
2/Carney
3/Graham
4/Tonga
5/Webster
6/Campbell
7/Prince
8/Bailey
9/Friend
10/Henderson
11/Laffranchi
12/Myles
13/Swain

14/Puletua
15/Meyers
16/Hodgson
17/O'Dwyer/Peterson

novacastrian_panther
19-06-06, 05:21 PM
I have gone one better then all of you all and have named 25 players which i have heard will be at the Titans.
1. Mathers
2. Petersen
3. Hannay
4. Webster
5. Carney
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Puletua
11. Laffranchi
12. Myers
13. Fitzgibbon
14. O?Dwyer
15. Hodgson
16. Swain
17. Kafusi
18. Graham
19. Myles
20. Henderson
21. Poore
22. Lowrie
23. Asotasi
24. Minichello
25. Williams

The last 12 are in no particular order.

Teegy
19-06-06, 05:22 PM
I have gone one better then all of you all and have named 25 players which i have heard will be at the Titans.
1. Mathers
2. Petersen
3. Hannay
4. Webster
5. Carney
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Puletua
11. Laffranchi
12. Myers
13. Fitzgibbon
14. O?Dwyer
15. Hodgson
16. Swain
17. Kafusi
18. Graham
19. Myles
20. Henderson
21. Poore
22. Lowrie
23. Asotasi
24. Minichello
25. Williams

The last 12 are in no particular order.
if that was to become reality then they would be along way over the cap

Titanium_BD1103
19-06-06, 06:30 PM
That is like a dream team NP... you want that for any side you would be facing a fine of at least half a million for breaching the cap...some of the players there are really wanting a large deal.. I think there will be a lot more youngsters after the top 17.. ;)

novacastrian_panther
19-06-06, 07:04 PM
Yeah I know, but I read somewhere, on LU I think that the Titans want a group of 25 players with FG experience and another 10 juniors.

DeeGan
19-06-06, 07:05 PM
Yeah I know, but I read somewhere, on LU I think that the Titans want a group of 25 players with FG experience and another 10 juniors.

You would have read that here ;) Perhaps LU as well.

Kingytek
20-06-06, 07:23 AM
At this stage we both know Mathers and Turner can play anywhere between 1 and 5 so judging on trials, injuries, early form and judgment from Carty and the lads this could be the strongest side that we could name without heading into June 30.

1. Steve Turner
2. ----------------------->Jake Webster (No signed yet but almost)
3. Josh Graham
4. Richie Mathers
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. ---------------------->Nate Myles (Possible Signing)
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Frank Puletua
17. Matt Petersen

lonegull
20-06-06, 08:55 AM
At this stage we both know Mathers and Turner can play anywhere between 1 and 5 so judging on trials, injuries, early form and judgment from Carty and the lads this could be the strongest side that we could name without heading into June 30.

1. Steve Turner
2. ----------------------->Jake Webster (No signed yet but almost)
3. Josh Graham
4. Richie Mathers
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. ---------------------->Nate Myles (Possible Signing)
13. Luke Swain

14. Luke O'Dwyer
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Frank Puletua
17. Matt Petersen

not a bad side

Dakink
20-06-06, 10:30 AM
The side is really starting to take some good shape - wil be very competitive from the start!!

Kallan
20-06-06, 10:32 AM
I believe they will be competitive from the start, that doesn't mean that they make the top 8 but that they win their fair share of games.

Supergoose
20-06-06, 01:15 PM
I wonder if Josh Graham would make a good lock or interchange forward. If we sign Webster as is the hot press then it seems a waste to have him on the wing and not in the centres. The feeling seems to be that Matt Petersen will be left out of the starting 17 so maybe Turner will find himself on the wing with Mathers at fullback. Still a longway to go until this becomes pertinent anyway. Only 10 days to go until we see who else is firming for the squad. Could Jamie Lyon be on his way to the Coast?

Brownzay
20-06-06, 01:36 PM
Kaufusi has been signed for Three years by the storm.
So far the gold coast titans has
Nathan friend
Steve Turner
and possibly Jake webster
all quality melbourne storm players
I don't know how they can afford soo many good players on their team too.
After one season all these players are gonna want larger contracts and the titans will lose like 10 players.
but oh well its a nice lookin team

Titanium_BD1103
20-06-06, 02:36 PM
It is a nice looking team... however your point about them losing players is not going to happen... check the thread... most of these players are signed for 2-4 years... they are here at the GC for the Long term and they have come because the GC offers something different, a different lifestyle, atmosphere and a club on the move.. :)

The team looks good and will be good come 2007, I guarantee you that... ;)

The Original Idiot
20-06-06, 04:24 PM
I wonder if Josh Graham would make a good lock or interchange forward. If we sign Webster as is the hot press then it seems a waste to have him on the wing and not in the centres. The feeling seems to be that Matt Petersen will be left out of the starting 17 so maybe Turner will find himself on the wing with Mathers at fullback. Still a longway to go until this becomes pertinent anyway. Only 10 days to go until we see who else is firming for the squad. Could Jamie Lyon be on his way to the Coast?
Lyon rejected $300,000 a year to sign with the Titans, so no dice. I feel Webster and Graham will be the centre pairing, there is no need to move Graham to the forwards, 'cos he is a quality centre. I just don't see how Matt Petersen will be in the starting lineup considering Mathers, Webster, Carney, Turner, Graham and Nat Barnes of Tweed Seagulls are all better players than him. Sandow or Walker would eventually win the battle for the bench spot over Petersen as well.

Kingytek
21-06-06, 07:35 AM
Lyon rejected $300,000 a year to sign with the Titans, so no dice. I feel Webster and Graham will be the centre pairing, there is no need to move Graham to the forwards, 'cos he is a quality centre. I just don't see how Matt Petersen will be in the starting lineup considering Mathers, Webster, Carney, Turner, Graham and Nat Barnes of Tweed Seagulls are all better players than him. Sandow or Walker would eventually win the battle for the bench spot over Petersen as well.

I believe with the signings after June 30 this should push Petersen out of the 17 anyway. Injuries aside I believe he will start the season with a feeder.

Chaos
25-06-06, 08:08 PM
If the Titans are looking for Halves and outside backs, why don't they look at signing Hunt? he could play anywhere in the backline....I'd try him at 5/8.

Nigel Plum is becoming one of the biggest hitters in the game...he could strengthen the Titan's defensive line

Teegy
25-06-06, 08:14 PM
because hunt would cost way to much to pry away from the broncs. plus we alreay hve good halves and fullbacks

Teegy
10-07-06, 06:25 PM
the list looks like this now

1. Preston CAMPBELL (Penrith)
2. Luke BAILEY (St George Illawarra)
3. Brian CARNEY (Newcastle)
4. Anthony LAFFRANCHI (Wests Tigers)
5. Matt PETERSEN (Parramatta)
6. Luke O'DWYER(Parramatta)
7. Nathan FRIEND (Melbourne)
8. Scott PRINCE (Wests Tigers)
9. Richie MATHERS (Leeds)
10. Luke SWAIN (Penrith)
11. Brad MEYERS (Bradford)
12. Frank PULETUA (Penrith)
13. Josh GRAHAM (Perth Force)
14. Michael HODGSON (Canberra)
15. Steve TURNER (Melbourne)
16. Michael HENDERSON (Stg Illawarra)
17. Jake WEBSTER (Melbourne)
18. Clint AMOS (North Queensland)
19. Gavin COOPER (North Queensland)

meaning we only need 6 more to fill the 25 required

the team IMO and ATM looks like

1) Richie Mathers
2) Steve Turner or Josh Graham
3) We need another centre
4) Jake Webster
5) Brian Carney
6) Preston Campbell
7) Scott Prince
8) Luke Bailey
9) Nathan Friend
10) Anthony Laffranchi
11) Brad Myers
12) Gavin Cooper
13) Luke O'Dwyer

14) Clint Amos
15) Micheal Henderson
16) Luke Swain
17) Micheal Hodgson

TBH i think we need a solid centre (delany) and a bit more size for the bench.

Supergoose
11-07-06, 07:33 PM
My side ATM would look like this

1) Steve Turner
2) Josh Graham
3) Richie Mathers (We need another centre)
4) Jake Webster
5) Brian Carney
6) Preston Campbell
7) Scott Prince
8) Luke Bailey
9) Nathan Friend
10) Micheal Henderson
11) Brad Myers
12) Anthony Laffranchi
13) Gavin Cooper

14) Luke O'Donnell
15) Frank Puletua
16) Luke Swain
17) Micheal Hodgson

Teegy
11-07-06, 07:44 PM
My side ATM would look like this

1) Steve Turner
2) Josh Graham
3) Richie Mathers (We need another centre)
4) Jake Webster
5) Brian Carney
6) Preston Campbell
7) Scott Prince
8) Luke Bailey
9) Nathan Friend
10) Micheal Henderson
11) Brad Myers
12) Anthony Laffranchi
13) Gavin Cooper

14) Luke O'Donnell
15) Frank Puletua
16) Luke Swain
17) Micheal Hodgson
where are you getting Luke O'Donnell from? do you mean Luke O'Dwyer.

Teegy
11-07-06, 07:56 PM
interesting to read this in part of an article about delany

SMH

North Queensland's Gavin Cooper, Western Force rugby union convert Josh Graham and New Zealand international Jake Webster have already been signed as three-quarters.

i thought cooper would have been signed for his more favoured position of lock/2nd row.

Kingytek
12-07-06, 08:09 AM
I think this is the best team we can play(Including an unsigned Delaney). I dont want to speak too soon but I believe we have the best chance to secure Delaney.
And as we are also close to signing Mark Mini I will include him into the side.

1. Steve Turner
2. Richard Mathers
3. Brett Delaney
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney

6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince

8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Luke Swain

14. Frank Puletua
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Luke O'Dwyer\Gavin Cooper (Form Pending)
17. Mark Minichello

18. Josh Graham
19. Gavin Cooper\Luke O'Dwyer (Form Pending)
20. Matt Petersen
21. Clint Amos

lonegull
12-07-06, 08:28 AM
I think this is the best team we can play(Including an unsigned Delaney). I dont want to speak too soon but I believe we have the best chance to secure Delaney.
And as we are also close to signing Mark Mini I will include him into the side.

1. Steve Turner
2. Richard Mathers
3. Brett Delaney
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney

6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince

8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Luke Swain

14. Frank Puletua
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Luke O'Dwyer\Gavin Cooper (Form Pending)
17. Mark Minichello

18. Josh Graham
19. Gavin Cooper\Luke O'Dwyer (Form Pending)
20. Matt Petersen
21. Clint Amos

not a bad looking side the jigsaw is nearly completed

Lennox Titan
12-07-06, 05:28 PM
It would have to be the best side the Gold Coast has put on paper in its history. I know there were a few big names in the early 90's like Lewis, Todd, Shearer and a young Hethrington and Bartrim but not quite the overall depth/potential class of this squad. I just hope they can put it together on the field. I have low expectations for the first year but i hope they can push towards the finals at the new stadium in 08.

Luke
12-07-06, 06:13 PM
My Titans team.

1. Steve Turner
2. Richard Mathers
3. Brett Delaney
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Gavin Cooper
15. Michael Henderson
16. Frank Puletua
17. Luke Swain/Clint Amos

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 07:14 PM
My Titans team.

1. Steve Turner
2. Richard Mathers
3. Brett Delaney
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Gavin Cooper
15. Michael Henderson
16. Frank Puletua
17. Luke Swain/Clint Amos
there would be just a couple of changes
1. Richard Mathers (best fullback in england)
2. Steve Turner
3. Brett Delaney
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Frank Puletua
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad meyers
13. Luke Swain

Interchange
14. Gavin Cooper
15. Michael henderson
16. Clint Amos
17. Mark Minicello

Teegy
12-07-06, 07:27 PM
Mine looks more like this

1. Richard Mathers
2. Steve Turner
3. Brett Delaney
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Mark Minicello
12. Brad meyers
13. Gavin Cooper

Interchange
14. Luke O'Dwyer or Luke Swain. only one as they play the same style and positions
15. Michael Henderson
16. Clint Amos
17. Michael Hodgson

Darren Lockyer
12-07-06, 07:34 PM
Mine looks more like this

1. Richard Mathers
2. Steve Turner
3. Brett Delaney
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Mark Minicello
12. Brad meyers
13. Gavin Cooper

Interchange
14. Luke O'Dwyer or Luke Swain. only one as they play the same style and positions
15. Michael Henderson
16. Clint Amos
17. Michael Hodgson
good looking team isn't it

stubbie58
15-07-06, 09:04 AM
My team would look like this (only including signed players)

1. Steve Turner/Richie Mathers
2. Richie Mathers/Steve Turner
3. Brett Delaney
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. Gavin Cooper
INTERCHANGE:
14. Mark Minichiello
15. Luke O'Dwyer
16. Frank Pueletua
17. James Stosic

18. Michael Hodgson
19. Clint Amos
20. Michael Henderson
21. Matthew Petersen
22. Josh Graham

I went for an all forward bench because Gavin Cooper could slot into centres and so could Luke O'Dwyer and any problems on the wing, Webster could move out onto the wing. Plus, if the fullback gets injured (lets say Turner is fullback) Mathers could go into fullback, Webster on the wing and Cooper in the centres.

Suggestions?

patskE
15-07-06, 09:33 AM
would replace odwyer with someone, i rkn gradham would make a good 2nd rower
i would just put mathers at fullback were he belongs and tuner on the wing, saying that, i onyl say that cause i havnt seen mathers play and dont know if he could make it on the wing

Teegy
15-07-06, 10:29 AM
im bias but if Micheal Henderson can get a bench spot with the dragons then he could get one with the titans. he is a real good player and would be wasted in QLD Cup. id swap him with Puletua or Stostic. cause he is younger but still has heaps of experiance

TitanBronco
16-07-06, 12:54 AM
1. Richie Mathers
2. Steve Turner
3. Jake Webster
4. Brett Delany
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Frank Puletua
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Myers
13. Luke Swain

14. Gavin Cooper
15. Michael Henderson
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Clint Amos

Darren Lockyer
16-07-06, 11:24 AM
that would be the team i would put out. But we still have 3 more players to sign. Will be interesting to see who they are.

Titanium_BD1103
16-07-06, 01:14 PM
The Sunday Roast had a feature on the Gold Coast Titans today... well actually on the 2007 Squad... they came up with a squad from memory that looked like this... ;)

1. Steve Turner
2. Matt Petersen
3. Jake Webster
4. Brett Delaney
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Bradley Meyers
13. Gavin Cooper

Interchange:

14. Richie Mathers
15. Luke O'Dwyer
16. Michael Henderson
17. Luke Swain

-That is a decent side, although I am not sure about Mathers on the Bench...

- They came up with an interesting point that our wingers need to be hard working as well as able to finish off and they said that both Petersen and Carney had the capability to do that very well... I have to agree to an extent on that.

I was also impressed to see that they said that the side will be under plenty of pressure come 2007 and could make the 8... although Terry Kennedy said 10th.... it is a possibility, and I guess I said 9th-10th, so anything is possible... :)

They said we should be excited about this team... DON'T WORRY WE ARE... :D :D

Teegy
16-07-06, 01:16 PM
BDT i think it was more like this

1. Turner
2. Petersen
3. Delaney
4. Webster
5. Carney
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Hodgson
11. Laffranchi
12. Meyers
13. Cooper

14. Mathers
15. Swain
16. Henderson
17. O?Dwyer

Titanium_BD1103
16-07-06, 01:17 PM
Yep I changed it.... I got Hodgson and Henderson mixed up... ;)

I thought it was a good feature, and I agree with Carty on signing the human before the player... always a good idea.. :D :D

Darren Lockyer
16-07-06, 01:46 PM
Hodgson makes to many mistakes. I watched a game he playd and he dopped the ball 4 times. Is this the kind of player you want on the team? :afro:

Luke
16-07-06, 02:03 PM
1. Richard Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Jake Webster
4. Brett Delaney
5. Steve Turner
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Gavin Cooper

14. Michael Henderson
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Frank Puletua
17. Luke Swain/Luke O'Dwyer/Mark Minichiello/Clint Amos

patskE
23-07-06, 08:04 PM
O'Dwyer had a good game 2day
impressed

Darren Lockyer
23-07-06, 08:10 PM
O'Dwyer had a good game 2day
impressed
so was i. He made a good intercept to put Hayne in for a try. He also got one for himself. Good on him for next year.

patskE
23-07-06, 11:41 PM
maybe use him as a center instead of lock/2ndrow and smith at lock?

lonegull
24-07-06, 08:23 AM
yeah odywer really impressed me of loaded the ball to set up a couple of tries

Macdonaldson
25-07-06, 03:18 PM
1.Steve Turner
2.Brian Carney
3.Brett Delaney
4.Gavin Cooper
5.Jake Webster
6.Preston Campbell
7.Scott Prince
8.Luke Bailey
9.Nathan Friend
10.James Stosic
11.Anthony Laffranchi
12.Michael Henderson
13.Luke O'Dwyer

14.Clint Amos
15.Frank Puletua
16.Michael Hodgson
17.Luke Swain

Others:
Mark Minichello
Daniel Conn
Brad Meyers
Richard Mathers
Matthew Petersen
Josh Graham

Darren Lockyer
25-07-06, 05:30 PM
1.Steve Turner
2.Brian Carney
3.Brett Delaney
4.Gavin Cooper
5.Jake Webster
6.Preston Campbell
7.Scott Prince
8.Luke Bailey
9.Nathan Friend
10.James Stosic
11.Anthony Laffranchi
12.Michael Henderson
13.Luke O'Dwyer

14.Clint Amos
15.Frank Puletua
16.Michael Hodgson
17.Luke Swain

Others:
Mark Minichello
Daniel Conn
Brad Meyers
Richard Mathers
Matthew Petersen
Josh Graham
Could people please remember that Richie Mathers is the best fullback in England. Say Steve Turner played in England and Richie was a fullback here we would put Richie at fullback becasue we kn ow him. Please remember that.

Lordeman
25-07-06, 08:55 PM
Could people please remember that Richie Mathers is the best fullback in England. Say Steve Turner played in England and Richie was a fullback here we would put Richie at fullback becasue we kn ow him. Please remember that.

Im sorry, what excactly are we being expected to remember?? Are we simply meant to agree that Mathers is a better fullback than turner simply because some people have said so? The fact that turner gets a game at all in a team that includes Inglis, Slater, King, Geyer, Webster, etc shows his class and skill.

Besides that however, I would have mathers in the starting side at the moment, but only because Turner can play wing whereas I haven't heard of mathers playing anywhere else but fullback. Also, I think webster is too good of a centre to be on the wing.

My Side:
1. Richie Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Jake Webster
4. Brett Delaney
5. Steve Turner
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Henderson
11. Mark Minichiello
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke O?Dwyer

14. Gavin Cooper
15. Brad Meyers
16. Michael Hodgson
17. Clint Amos

Stephi
10-08-06, 02:11 AM
Hey, i think you lot over in Gold Coast have made an ace decision signing Richie Mathers! You wont regret it. He's been oustanding for Leeds ever since he made it into the academy. Im a big Leeds Rhinos fan and an even bigger Richie fan, gutted that he's leaving i think he will be greatly missed but gud luck to him and gud luck to all you Gold Coast fans! You deserve to take Australia by storm and i will be supporting you all the way over here in England! Come on you Titans!! Come on Richie! Miss ya m8!

Darren Lockyer
10-08-06, 07:53 AM
Hey, i think you lot over in Gold Coast have made an ace decision signing Richie Mathers! You wont regret it. He's been oustanding for Leeds ever since he made it into the academy. Im a big Leeds Rhinos fan and an even bigger Richie fan, gutted that he's leaving i think he will be greatly missed but gud luck to him and gud luck to all you Gold Coast fans! You deserve to take Australia by storm and i will be supporting you all the way over here in England! Come on you Titans!! Come on Richie! Miss ya m8!
Welcome to the forums and i hope he will have a good season injury free

Darren Lockyer
10-08-06, 08:01 AM
My latest team
1. Richie Mathers
2. Steve Turner
3. Jake Webster
4. Lel Layer Payter???/Brett Delaney (depends on form)
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10 James Stosic/Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Gavin Cooper
Interchange
14. Michael Hodgson
15. James Stosic/Michael Henderson
16. Luke O'Dwyer
17. Mark Minicello

Luke
10-08-06, 07:05 PM
My team

1. Richard Mathers
2. Steve Turner
3. Jake Webster
4. Lelea Paea
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Michael Hodgson
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Michael Henderson
15. Gavin Cooper
16. Clint Amos
17. Brad Meyers

Souths'n'Titans
10-08-06, 07:21 PM
Any bets on #25

Darren Lockyer
10-08-06, 07:24 PM
John Doyle???????
Sean Fensom??????

Cobbs
14-08-06, 05:55 PM
Hi, I'm a Wests Tigers fan. I just wanted to say how lucky you people are for having Scott Prince on your team for the next three years. He is a brilliant runner of the ball as well as playmaker. We would have kept him forever if we could have.

Yesterday he tried his guts out again for the Tigers against the Raiders, that's the kind of player he is. If you have any sense you'll make him captain - his captaincy had a lot to do with our success in 05. He is a natural leader and a natural talker on the field.

Good luck in your first year (except when you play the Tigers!)

And one more tip - get Preston to change his name to 'Benji', so Scotty feels at home.

Darren Lockyer
14-08-06, 06:06 PM
Hi, I'm a Wests Tigers fan. I just wanted to say how lucky you people are for having Scott Prince on your team for the next three years. He is a brilliant runner of the ball as well as playmaker. We would have kept him forever if we could have.

Yesterday he tried his guts out again for the Tigers against the Raiders, that's the kind of player he is. If you have any sense you'll make him captain - his captaincy had a lot to do with our success in 05. He is a natural leader and a natural talker on the field.

Good luck in your first year (except when you play the Tigers!)

And one more tip - get Preston to change his name to 'Benji', so Scotty feels at home.
Welcome to the forums and have fun

Cupid Stunt
15-08-06, 05:12 PM
Hey guys my 2007 Gold Coast Titans....

1. Richie Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Jake Webstar
4. Brett Delaney
5. Steve Turner
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Brad Meyers
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke Swain

14. Frank Puletua
15. Michael Henderson
16. Mark Minichello
17. Michael Hodgson

Thoughts?

Darren Lockyer
15-08-06, 05:51 PM
Hey guys my 2007 Gold Coast Titans....

1. Richie Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Jake Webstar
4. Brett Delaney
5. Steve Turner
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Brad Meyers
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke Swain

14. Frank Puletua
15. Michael Henderson
16. Mark Minichello
17. Michael Hodgson

Thoughts?
I would have it more like this
1. Richie Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Brett Delaney/Lelea Paea (form in pre season)
4. Jake Webster
5. Steve Turner
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Luke O'Dwyer

Interchange
14. Michael Henderson
15. Matt Hilder
16. Frank Puletua
17. Mark Minicello
I put Matt Hilder in the seventeen because he is a great runner of the ball and defender.

unknown
22-08-06, 07:48 PM
i think turner should be in fullback. That is his favourite position.
And he is best at that position

Darren Lockyer
22-08-06, 07:52 PM
i think turner should be in fullback. That is his favourite position.
And he is best at that position
This has been a much debated topic but most people have agreed that R%ichie is the better fullback

patskE
24-08-06, 10:55 AM
hows deleany playing in prem? there might be a chance he could play 2nd row for nrl i rkn lol, so many injury's

*edit* his on the bench :D nvm

novacastrian_panther
25-08-06, 02:47 PM
This is what id do:
1. Steve Turner
2. Brian Carney
3. Richie Mathers
4. Jake Webster
5. Matt Petersen
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Matt Hilder
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Luke Swain

14. Frank Puletua
15. Mark Minichello
16. Michael Henderson
17. Luke O?Dwyer

jake86
25-08-06, 06:35 PM
I think it would be a better team with turner on the wing, mathers at fullback. Turner goes well on the wing. I've never seen mathers play, does he play anywhere besides fullback?
In saying that, searle and co seem adament that turner will be first choice fullback. This is my team, taking that into account:

1) S. Turner
2) R. Mathers
3) J. Webster
4) B Delaney
5) B. Carney
6) P. Campbell
7) S. Prince
8) L. Bailey
9) N. Friend
10) J. Stosic
11) A. Laffranci
12) M. Minichello
13) G. Cooper

14) M. Hilder
15) M. Henderson
16) B. Meyers
17) L. O'Dwyer

The 2nd centre position is a tough one to pick. I went with delaney because of his goal kicking, otherwise its hard to split him with paea, odwyer, or graham. Not sure about mathers on the wing, but he has to be there somewhere.

Saint_Titan
13-09-06, 08:54 AM
Not sure if many people remember but the Tigers did win a premiership with Laffranchi playing prop and to start off an untried team I think we should have as much expereience out there as possible...

1/Turner
2/Carney
3/Webster
4/Delaney
5/Mathers
6/Campbell
7/Prince
8/Bailey
9/Friend
10/Laffranchi
11/Kahler
12/Myers
13/O'Dwyer

14/Henderson
15/Stosic/Puletua
16/Minichello/Swain
17/Hilder

Hoppy2007Dragons
13-09-06, 08:12 PM
Thats a pretty goos line up saint.

Westie
23-09-06, 09:54 PM
The 2007 Line up for the Gold Coast Tatans is one of the best i have seen. The team has skill,speed and if they can work well together we have a great chance to make the top 8 in 2007 season.

If they kept richard mathews in the fullback position we have a great chance but they game needs 15 players our team has a great chance.

Thanks Westie

Boofhead
24-09-06, 12:43 AM
Can't wait to see the team in action, a VERY exciting line up.

hugebrianfan
05-10-06, 04:36 PM
I really liked it when Brian Carney was playing for Newcaslte coz he was such a good player and so strong!!!I was dissappointed 2 find out that Brian was leaving the knights but then my uncle told me that he was joining a new team that was coming out to NRL in 2007!!!i was so happy...im glad that i can see my fav footy player again..go the titans!!!

~TheMightyWarriors~
09-10-06, 08:18 PM
I reacon titans r gonna b a mad team next yr aye, there gonna b another storm, next yrs grand final will b gold coast and warriors haha

lonegull
09-10-06, 08:20 PM
I reacon titans r gonna b a mad team next yr aye, there gonna b another storm, next yrs grand final will b gold coast and warriors haha

i hope your right

~TheMightyWarriors~
09-10-06, 08:24 PM
i hope your right

ofcourse im right :) ever heard that saying iv got a feeling in me waters? hahaha

hugebrianfan
09-10-06, 08:31 PM
hey yea carney is a good signing for the titans!!hes an awesome winer, they'll be fine with him

6one9
19-10-06, 09:39 PM
Carney is pretty average (Well was average this season) on defence, on attack the guy is as strong as an ox, but has a tendancy to come off his wing at the wrong times. But oh well all the best.

PEACE

PROMETHEUS
19-10-06, 09:48 PM
Hopefully he doesnt stand the same side as preston in defence! :roll:

Darren Lockyer
20-10-06, 07:56 AM
if jonu signs this will be my team.
1. Steve Turner
2. Brian Carney
3. Richie Mathers
4. Jake Webster
5. Jonu Lomu
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Lafranchi
12. Frank Puletua
13. Luke Swain
Interchange
14. Matt Hilder
15. James Stosic
16. Mark Minicello
17. Gavin Cooper

Robbie_Dee
20-10-06, 08:17 AM
1. Steve Turner
2. Brian Carney
3. Richie Mathers
4. Jake Webster
5. Jonu Lomu
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Lafranchi
12. Frank Puletua
13. Luke Swain
Interchange
14. Matt Hilder
15. James Stosic
16. Mark Minicello
17. Gavin CooperThat is a fine looking team!

Just Another Member
20-10-06, 07:21 PM
Carney is pretty average (Well was average this season) on defence, on attack the guy is as strong as an ox, but has a tendancy to come off his wing at the wrong times. But oh well all the best.

PEACE
Defence will be a problem with a lot of English players who choose to play in the NRL. That's why only the best English players can make a name of themselves here.

Darren Lockyer
20-10-06, 08:17 PM
i think he'll have no prbs next year after a year in the nrl

Crushers
20-10-06, 08:58 PM
1. Steve Turner
2. Brian Carney
3. Richie Mathers
4. Jake Webster
5. Jonu Lomu
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Lafranchi
12. Frank Puletua
13. Luke Swain
Interchange
14. Matt Hilder
15. James Stosic
16. Mark Minicello
17. Gavin Cooper
Hilder and Cooper in the side might be stretching it a bit.

PROMETHEUS
20-10-06, 09:11 PM
No way!
Id rather see Hilder then Swain :noidea: hes a back playing in the forwards and very rarely breaks the advantage line...more often than not,its the ad line thats breaking HIM! :dizzy:

Luke
20-10-06, 09:27 PM
1. Richard Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Luke O'Dwyer
4. Jake Webster
5. Jonah Lomu
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anothony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Matt Hilder

14. Michael Henderson
15. Daniel Conn
16. Michael Hodgson
17. Gavin Cooper.

PROMETHEUS
20-10-06, 09:36 PM
1. Richard Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Luke O'Dwyer
4. Jake Webster
5. Jonah Lomu
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anothony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Matt Hilder

14. Michael Henderson
15. Daniel Conn
16. Michael Hodgson
17. Gavin Cooper.
As the ad says...
"THATS MY TEAM!!" :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Steelers
15-01-07, 11:52 PM
With the start of the Titans debut season fast approaching, and the squad basically set with the signing of Rogers and the release of Turner, what does everyone think will be the team lining up against the Dragons for Round 1?

Robbie_Dee
16-01-07, 12:15 AM
1. Rogers
2. Carney
3. Mathers
4. Webster
5. Walker
6. Preston
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Stosic
11. Anothony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Matt Hilder

Think of bench tomorrow... :hi:

DIEHARD
16-01-07, 12:23 AM
Woah we will field a very strong backline!

Webster, Carney, Walker (I reckon he will hit form.), Mathers, Rogers, Prince and Campbell.

Not bad for a new club! :box:

Capital_Shark
16-01-07, 12:27 AM
1. Rogers
2. Carney
3. Mathers
4. Webster
5. Walker
6. Preston
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Stosic
11. Anothony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Matt Hilder

Think of bench tomorrow... :hi:

That looks pretty good for who I can remember being in the Titans squad.

lol just on Stosic I read an article a week or so ago about him saying that "the Sharks didn't suit his style of play" haha considering he's a prop I'm interested to see what style of play he employs this season with the Titans. Never know, maybe he's got an offload or sidestep that Cronulla wouldn't let him use cause it didn't fit their game plan lol

Kingytek
16-01-07, 09:23 AM
The spaces are for positions im still undecsided on.

1. Richard Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Luke O'Dwyer
4. Jake Webster
5. Chris Walker
6. Matt Rogers
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
11. Anothony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers

14. Preston Campbell

Parra Petty
16-01-07, 11:35 AM
Hey everyone,

My team would look like -

1. Richie Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Matt Rogers
4. Jake Webster
5. Chris Walker / Nat Barnes
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Michael Hodgson
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Matt Hilder
15. Brad Meyers
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Michael Hendersen

Naming a team this far out is pretty much a waste of time, and is totally up to personal preference. I have gone for some more experienced names in my team, with Hilder and Cooper to provide impact off the bench.

I have gone for Rogers in the centres inside Carney, because I beleive that this combo could surpass the deeds done by the Gidley/Carney combo that worked so well for the Knights last year.

I would like to see Nat Barnes get a run on the wing, but I think Chris Walker will pretty much cement the other wing spot outside Webster.

Just my thoughts,

Parra Petty.

Steel Dragon
16-01-07, 01:36 PM
1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Rogers
3. Chris Walker
4. Jake Webster
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Michael Henderson
13. Luke Swain

14. Michael Hodgson
15. Mark Minichello
16. Matt Hilder
17. Gavin Cooper

That's my team for the moment. Could Possibly swap Rogers and Walker, put Henderson or Laffranchi in the front row, or change the bench a bit. I think our weakest position is front row, with no really obvious candidates apart from Bailey. So I think we will either see a lot of second rowers playing front row ala Craig Fitzgibbon and Willie Mason, or else we may be able to uncover a good junior player or two up front.

I'm personally glad Turner is gone - I think he would have been a destabilising influence. I hope he gets absolutely hammered in the trial. The addition of Rogers gives us a pretty clear cut backline - and a very good one at that. And I think the fact we get two juniors + $100k (or so I've heard) in place of Turner is a massive boost. It is establishing a strong junior base that will put us on a sure footing long term. I'm really excited about the prospect of seeing some local juniors come through.

Jason

Parra Petty
16-01-07, 01:59 PM
Hey everyone,

My team would look like -

1. Richie Mathers
2. Brian Carney
3. Matt Rogers
4. Jake Webster
5. Chris Walker / Nat Barnes
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Michael Hodgson
13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. Matt Hilder
15. Brad Meyers
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Michael Hendersen

Naming a team this far out is pretty much a waste of time, and is totally up to personal preference. I have gone for some more experienced names in my team, with Hilder and Cooper to provide impact off the bench.

I have gone for Rogers in the centres inside Carney, because I beleive that this combo could surpass the deeds done by the Gidley/Carney combo that worked so well for the Knights last year.

I would like to see Nat Barnes get a run on the wing, but I think Chris Walker will pretty much cement the other wing spot outside Webster.

Just my thoughts,

Parra Petty.

I guess Nat Barnes will get a start after all, especially now that Carney has quit!!

Parra Petty

Saint_Titan
18-01-07, 12:20 AM
I believe we can still field a strong 17 without throwing any kids in the deep end ie: Barnes...

1/Mathers
2/Rogers
3/Webster
4/Delaney
5/Walker
6/Campbell
7/Prince
8/Bailey
9/Friend
10/Laffranchi
11/Kahler
12/Myers
13/O'Dwyer

14/Henderson
15/Stosic
16/Minichello
17/Hilder

Parra Petty
18-01-07, 10:25 AM
I believe we can still field a strong 17 without throwing any kids in the deep end ie: Barnes...

1/Mathers
2/Rogers
3/Webster
4/Delaney
5/Walker
6/Campbell
7/Prince
8/Bailey
9/Friend
10/Laffranchi
11/Kahler
12/Myers
13/O'Dwyer

14/Henderson
15/Stosic
16/Minichello
17/Hilder

Hey Saint Titan,

I would hardly call Nathaniel Barnes a kid at 24 years of age - the thing that impresses me about him is his strike rate - current record of 57 tries in 62 games!!

Cheers,

Parra Petty

Future Star
18-01-07, 10:30 AM
1. Mathers
2. Barnes
3. Rogers
4. Webster
5. Walkers
6. Presto
7. The Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. Laffrinchi
11. Hodgson
12. Kahler
13. O'Dwyer

14. Henderson
15. Stosic
16. Minichello
17. Hilder

bigjim
18-01-07, 05:04 PM
I know there are a few other players in the squad not mentioned here from the feeder teams.

Where will they figure?