PDA

View Full Version : Kiwis still in the Hunt

DIEHARD
24-03-06, 03:13 PM
New Zealand coach Brian McLennan is prepared to fly to Brisbane to meet with Broncos star Karmichael Hunt, who has opened the door to Kiwi Test selection after previously declaring his allegiance to Queensland.

McLennan said yesterday he could not understand how Hunt had not already represented the Maroons in State of Origin football and was excited about him playing Test football.

The Daily Telegraph

DIEHARD
24-03-06, 03:16 PM
I would love to see Hunt play for New Zealand, he'd be a handy player for them and may mature into a fantastic one.

I don't think he has a chance at a Maroons jersey, with the amount of class ahead of him, in both the fullback and halves positions. And with the new focus on passion with the Maroons, he may find himself at the disadvantage.

Should be interesting to see how this turns out. Marshall, Jones, Sonny Bill and Hunt against Australia's best. That'd be something that people would die to see, that is what international footy is all about.

Go_The_Doggies
24-03-06, 04:04 PM
Dont waste ya time Bluey.

He clearly doesnt give a rats a$$ about us, so why should we are about him??

DIEHARD
24-03-06, 08:45 PM
Dont waste ya time Bluey.

He clearly doesnt give a rats a$$ about us, so why should we are about him??

If he isn't careful he could end up in limbo with both Queensland and New Zealand not interested.

But I think New Zealand are pretty eager to secure new talent and are forgiving.

Go_The_Doggies
24-03-06, 08:49 PM
But we dont need him :( thats whats annoying....

*shakes head*

Apparantly now he wants to play for us?????
If so, i hate Benji even more, he was talking to him, trying to convince him to play in the black and white....

qld power
26-03-06, 05:39 PM
as gus gould keeps saying cant see why he cant play for qld and kiwis
craig smith has

Queenslander
26-03-06, 06:08 PM
craig smith has

:roll: Nup it aint going to happen; either you are a Queenslander (and therefore Australian) or a New Zealander. But its fair to say that the rules in regards to this issue do need to be cleaned up.

DIEHARD
26-03-06, 06:17 PM
A lot of the anomalies were during the Super War period, when Queensland struggled for numbers.

I'm with Queenslander on this, if you are a Queenslander or a New South Welshman, it means you are an Aussie.

Go_The_Doggies
26-03-06, 08:59 PM
craig smith has
He wont ever get into s.o.o or australia...and i reakon he's realised that and thought...oh...i'll go play for this team now...either that or its cos we won the tri nations.

:disgust:

Go_The_Doggies
26-03-06, 09:00 PM
A lot of the anomalies were during the Super War period, when Queensland struggled for numbers.

I'm with Queenslander on this, if you are a Queenslander or a New South Welshman, it means you are an Aussie.
Exactly. :)

I just dont want him playing for us...

If he was passionate about nz and where he came from he wouldnt of turned us down in the 1st place.

Smithy
26-03-06, 09:52 PM
Adrian Lamb played for QLD and Papua New Guinea

DIEHARD
26-03-06, 10:02 PM
It is also important to consider that they don't count World Cup matches.

So that is how Tonie Carroll got away with it and Lote Tuqiri, considering Fiji are a test nation.