PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Cartwright appointed City Deputy

Queenslander
23-03-06, 09:50 AM
Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright has been appointed as Tim Sheens assistant for the City Origin side which plays NSW Country Origin in Dubbo on May 12.

From Article in Courier Mail
http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,18570851-5003409,00.html

Eel 33
23-03-06, 10:04 AM
Brief and to the point. Well done John, i suspect this will be the first of many rep appointments you'll have over your coaching career.

Queenslander
23-03-06, 11:17 AM
From titans.com.au

Cartwright to assist Sheens for City V Country

Another feather in the cap for Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright who has been appointed as Tim Sheens assistant for the City Origin side. Cartwright is happy about the move ? another challenge before he takes charge of the Titans in their debut season in the Telstra NRL Premiership.

Cartwright said, ?It?s great to be a part of the City camp and to work with a coach with the experience that Tim has.?

The former State of Origin and Kangaroos second rower played under Sheens when he debuted for Penrith as a 19 year old.

?He gave me my chance at first grade and I also played under him at State of Origin level so I?m looking forward to renewing the acquaintance with him? said Cartwright. ?It?s always good to work with players at the elite level and I?ll be keeping the eyes open also for the little things that they do that will help me in my coaching role at the Titans.?

The NSW City V Country Origin clash will be played in Dubbo on May 12.

DeeGan
23-03-06, 02:08 PM
Congrats to John Cartwright :D

lonegull
24-03-06, 07:14 AM
good on ya john another great move forward for the titans :laugh: