PDA

View Full Version : why wasn't the last south park of the season shown?

Steve Dangerous
18-03-06, 08:09 PM
south park fans may have noticed that sbs never showed the last episode of season nine... and here's why:

AN EPISODE of cartoon program South Park that features the Pope has been pulled from Australian television.

The final episode of the current series of the long-running US animated series ? which had been scheduled for Monday ? has been "deferred", according to an SBS spokesman.

Because of sensitivities about religious cartoons in the wake of the Danish cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad, SBS would have to give "some more thought" to the scheduling of the Bloody Mary episode.

"Given the current worldwide controversy over cartoons of religious figures, we've decided to defer this program," he said in a statement yesterday.

The episode shows a statue of the Virgin Mary spurting menstrual blood on the Pope.

It was shown in New Zealand on Wednesday night, prompting a vigil by hundreds of Catholics outside broadcaster TV Works. Despite the protest, 200,000 New Zealanders watched the program, six times the usual audience.

Religion has been a comedic target on the show, which has skewered the Mormon faith, had characters making derogatory remarks about Jews and shown Jesus hosting a TV show and fighting Satan in a boxing ring.

An episode recently screened in Australia featured Muhammad as part of a superhero group. Together with Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and others, Muhammad helps character Kyle defeat an evil cult.

i do advise you to get it off the internet! it's hilarious. they managed to completely tick off the church *and* AA with one episode.

DIEHARD
18-03-06, 08:21 PM
Thank god for the internet. Good bye censorship! :laugh:

I'll check it out.

Steve Dangerous
18-03-06, 08:25 PM
can download here: http://mrtwig.net/ep/914.html

36MB

DIEHARD
18-03-06, 09:22 PM
I love South Park, but found that episode to be poor and didn't really get a laugh out of it.

Steve Dangerous
18-03-06, 09:52 PM
really?

it's one of my favs of this season, along with the mr garrison sex change one and scientology. oh and the jimmy erection one lol

DIEHARD
18-03-06, 09:54 PM
I'm currently watching Future self and me. :thumbsup: