Test of maturity
I have no idea how long it is since we have gone back to back
Does anyone know??

Dobes
28-08-20, 09:38 PM
Test of maturity
I have no idea how long it is since we have gone back to back
Does anyone know??

Round 5 and round 6 in 2019 Bodsy. Keen for another one!

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 09:40 PM
^^^ thank you
Am surprised it was that recent

Dobes
28-08-20, 10:22 PM
^^^ thank you
Am surprised it was that recent

Same to be fair, with Brennan as the coach...

All the rest of the games in the season are all very winnable IMO. Dogs this week in Syd, Brisbane at home the next, Manly in Syd and Knights at home. Keen to see how it goes

DIEHARD
29-08-20, 12:05 AM
All the rest of the games in the season are all very winnable IMO. Dogs this week in Syd, Brisbane at home the next, Manly in Syd and Knights at home. Keen to see how it goes

I agree. Let's go back to back!

JunctionBlock
29-08-20, 08:06 AM
I agree. Let's go back to back!

A wins a win and a lose is a win because Broncos bottom of the table.

BundyTitan
29-08-20, 12:49 PM
We have to win this one, Dogs show plenty of fight but we should still have them covered in talent if we turn up with our heads screwed on.

We get Mo back thankfully but unfortunately Lisone will be out through suspension

indoallstars
29-08-20, 12:54 PM
Also good that Bulldogs have Raiders this week being the last game on Sunday, so let's hope they have a nice brutal battle with a 6 day turnaround. Hopefully the Raiders are gearing up for some solid collision

Mr Bods
29-08-20, 01:25 PM
We have to win this one, Dogs show plenty of fight but we should still have them covered in talent if we turn up with our heads screwed on.

We get Mo back thankfully but unfortunately Lisone will be out through suspension

What did he do?

TitanPremiership
29-08-20, 02:24 PM
What did he do?

Remember when I think it was Billy Brittian or whatever his name is went off. Lisone was carrying the ball and his elbow/forearm got lodged on the defenders neck/head. I remember the defence was holding the arm at the time so doubt he could've done much but I'll have to relook at it.

JunctionBlock
29-08-20, 02:27 PM
Remember when I think it was Billy Brittian or whatever his name is went off. Lisone was carrying the ball and his elbow/forearm got lodged on the defenders neck/head. I remember the defence was holding the arm at the time so doubt he could've done much but I'll have to relook at it.

That was looked at on field and play was stopped. No penalty or even a report, we played on after it was checked. Has it now been referred to the judiary because old mate failed his HIA?

TitanPremiership
29-08-20, 02:41 PM
That was looked at on field and play was stopped. No penalty or even a report, we played on after it was checked. Has it now been referred to the judiary because old mate failed his HIA?

"Lisone, who was the ball-carrier at the time, was charged with making contact to the head/neck of Dragons hooker Billy Brittain on Friday night." 112 points early guilty plea and 150 for challenging it. Worth a challenge I assume? 35th minute if anyone wants to watch it again.

Mr Bods
29-08-20, 02:45 PM
"Lisone, who was the ball-carrier at the time, was charged with making contact to the head/neck of Dragons hooker Billy Brittain on Friday night." 112 points early guilty plea and 150 for challenging it. Worth a challenge I assume? 35th minute if anyone wants to watch it again.

FMD it was looked at the time and cleared.
NswRL Judiciary at it again.
Utter BS.
Fight the charge and use a different lawyer than ole mate who completely botched the Proctor case.
Surely we can do better than Dennis Denuto.

FalconSloth
29-08-20, 05:03 PM
He won’t miss any extra games so he may aswell just challenge it

JunctionBlock
30-08-20, 08:20 PM
Dogs started very well against the Raiders as they did last week. We wouldn't want to take this game lightly. We might find it harder to chase them down than the top teams.

Mr Bods
30-08-20, 08:34 PM
Test of maturity

gotitans101_
31-08-20, 02:28 PM
should win this imo. Cannot take the Dogs lightly though.

TitanPremiership
31-08-20, 04:22 PM
Extremely nervous for this game. If we don't win it, it will feel like we are back to square one regardless of Bulldogs current form/efforts. Must win imo even though we aren't even favourites betting wise.

Mexican titan
31-08-20, 06:04 PM
Of course I want us to win.........but if we don't then the Broncos move to wooden spooners. That has massive appeal but hopefully the dogs can get a win in a later round.

Whats Doing
31-08-20, 06:34 PM
Need to concentrate on the success of our club and how we continue our development for next year. Other results will take of themselves

JunctionBlock
01-09-20, 04:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/W5PKPT6.png

Not too many surprises.

gotitans101_
01-09-20, 05:43 PM
any particular reason you've highlighted Jack Cogger lol

And does anyone know whether Arrow will be back for the Brisbane game?

JunctionBlock
01-09-20, 06:05 PM
any particular reason you've highlighted Jack Cogger lol

And does anyone know whether Arrow will be back for the Brisbane game?

No reason. Just an oops

Titanic
01-09-20, 06:14 PM
No reason. Just an oopsIs that the best you've got :laugh:

JunctionBlock
01-09-20, 07:06 PM
Is that the best you've got :laugh:

I google searched his name with "nude" after it..........

JunctionBlock
01-09-20, 07:20 PM
Sam Lisone free to play. Something went our way.

gotitans101_
03-09-20, 04:06 PM
Arrow a chance this week, if not, next. Huge in.

JunctionBlock
03-09-20, 07:40 PM
Arrow a chance this week, if not, next. Huge in.

It will be a big reshuffle to get him back in the team you would think. I heard on the radio he had declared himself fit for this week.

Mr Bods
03-09-20, 08:22 PM
It will be a big reshuffle to get him back in the team you would think. I heard on the radio he had declared himself fit for this week.

Drop Clark out and move Peachey back to the bench

TitanPremiership
03-09-20, 09:59 PM
Anyone able to tell me how the Broncos went. Only got to see half max because I was out but were they solid or were Penrith just having an off night? Gott mentally prepare for next week.

gotitans101_
03-09-20, 10:05 PM
Anyone able to tell me how the Broncos went. Only got to see half max because I was out but were they solid or were Penrith just having an off night? Gott mentally prepare for next week.

They were actually OK tonight, I saw much more effort from them defensively tonight than most of their games this year. Penrith were definitely a bit off though and both tries they let in were soft.

But what would I know since I don't know a thing about rugby league anyway.

TitanPremiership
03-09-20, 10:21 PM
Hey hey hey, I may disagree on Taylor, but I never said you didn't know a thing about rugby league. Thanks for the insight though, appreciate it. Hope we flog em.

Edit: Reinforces how much we need to dominate the Bulldogs this week imo as Broncos would've got some confidence out of that game regardless.

gotitans101_
03-09-20, 10:47 PM
Hey hey hey, I may disagree on Taylor, but I never said you didn't know a thing about rugby league. Thanks for the insight though, appreciate it. Hope we flog em.

Edit: Reinforces how much we need to dominate the Bulldogs this week imo as Broncos would've got some confidence out of that game regardless.

Haha sorry mate, wasn't referring to you on that last line.

hungryjacks
04-09-20, 04:09 AM
Hopefully Arrow comes in for Hipgrave.

Upthetits
04-09-20, 07:09 AM
Broncos seem to play their best football at cbus, it will be a very tough game. Hope we get the win but it could go either way imo

JunctionBlock
04-09-20, 07:14 AM

Refs certainly helped Penrith get the upper hand. But Penrith were just doing enough to win. Broncos played better than previously. Haas was a bonus for them to have him back. Staggs was good. Exploiting the fact they don't have a compentent Fullback is definitely the way to go.

Hail Sezer
04-09-20, 07:17 AM
Brisbane looked decent, defensive system looked completely new. Staggs is great offensively but is the centre of Brisbane’s constant weak spot - isolate 3 man and make Kotoni be the decision maker on that edge, he gets it wrong more often than not. They’re going to take a lot of confidence out of that game and will be up for next weekend for sure.

Mr Bods
04-09-20, 10:19 AM
You would think Canterbury are really targeting this game as a must win to avoid the spoon.
I think they will be pumped.
Huge test of off and on field leadership tomorrow.

gcboyz
04-09-20, 11:57 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, when we played the Drongoes at Suncorp they were generous enough to allocate us only 50 tickets.
Certainly time to return the favour for our home game.

Titanic
04-09-20, 01:48 PM
And he enters into the fray: (1) Peachey at 13 because he's not returning from injury, (2) we are a better team than the Dogs if we can maintain the focus, (3) Kelly is a better centre than Staggs and that's how they'll line up, and (4) we are NOT the 'Ponies, so we should offer them 51 tickets.

Mexican titan
04-09-20, 02:49 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, when we played the Drongoes at Suncorp they were generous enough to allocate us only 50 tickets.
Certainly time to return the favour for our home game.

Would they get 50 takers?

JunctionBlock
04-09-20, 04:35 PM
Hipgrave dropped and Arrow onto the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/6FGio8g.png

Mr Bods
04-09-20, 04:50 PM
What do you think of Hipgrave being dropped in preference to both Fermor and Stone??

JunctionBlock
04-09-20, 05:00 PM
What do you think of Hipgrave being dropped in preference to both Fermor and Stone??

Give his body a rest. He looks like he's being playing busted for a few weeks.

Mr Bods
04-09-20, 05:07 PM
Give his body a rest. He looks like he's being playing busted for a few weeks.

Yeah fair point

Titslover
04-09-20, 05:55 PM
jeez thats a strong bench other than Clark. Dominique Loudon said on twitter Don's a good chance of coming in, that would be so harsh to Thompson who has been great

JunctionBlock
04-09-20, 08:44 PM
jeez thats a strong bench other than Clark. Dominique Loudon said on twitter Don's a good chance of coming in, that would be so harsh to Thompson who has been great

If that happens then Taylors entire attack reverts to high ball for Don rather than being inventive and playing whats in front of him.

TitanPremiership
04-09-20, 11:11 PM
If that happens then Taylors entire attack reverts to high ball for Don rather than being inventive and playing whats in front of him.

Isn't Don on Fogarty's side of the field? No disrespect to Fogarty and I am not blaming him, but we do really seem to rely on our left side inside the opposition 20m zone. Would be nice to see a quality try from a set play down Young and Don's edge. AJ to Don in Cowboys game is only well constructed try I can recall coming down there. Happy to be reminded of ones I have missed etc.

Thompson has his own range of assets he brings to the team, but personally I think Don needs to come in this week to prepare him for Broncos game. There were a few times the Broncos kicked to Oates in the corner and I would feel a lot safer with Don marking him in contrast to Thompson. Just an observation.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 10:26 AM
That's my point. When Don was playing Taylor would do a cross field high kick for Don. basically kick and hope. It became as predictable as the inside ball to KP with block runners set in front of Don's line every set of attacking six

Mr Bods
05-09-20, 01:02 PM
Who’s the referee today

Titslover
05-09-20, 01:19 PM
Chris sutton, can't really remember how we go with him

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 01:19 PM
Chris Sutton

Mr Bods
05-09-20, 01:27 PM
He sucks. There was a game at Robina earlier this year where he destroyed us. Can’t recall exactly which one.

Mr Bods
05-09-20, 01:58 PM
Don is in for Sami. Not Thompson.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 02:04 PM
Don is in for Sami. Not Thompson.

Lol

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 03:04 PM
Great ball Ash.

Mr Bods
05-09-20, 03:04 PM
Hate an early try
Teams get comfortable and full of themselves

Need good leadership now

NZTITAN
05-09-20, 03:05 PM
How good is Beauie Fermor?

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 03:05 PM
Would've liked to see shift the other way after the break but still exciting to see early points. Nicely done Ash.

GCTTSD
05-09-20, 03:10 PM
Ash show and go and having a run, that early try assist has boosted his confidence could be on here

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 03:18 PM
How good is Beauie Fermor?

He goes alright hey

- - - Updated - - -

So our utility in Peachey doesn't move to the centres?

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 03:20 PM
He goes alright hey

- - - Updated - - -

So our utility in Peachey doesn't move to the centres?

The fact I can't say I mind that decision is sad haha he has been piss weak in defence there everytime.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 03:26 PM
My mate Fermor. I don't think Fifita will get a starting spot at this rate.....

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 03:27 PM
Now that is a classic from Fogarty and Fermor.

ja4220
05-09-20, 03:28 PM
Is it just me or is Ben Ikin just super negative on the Titans? I was always thought he was quite impartial on 360 but wow he has been harsh!

Mexican titan
Great try and comes from keeping pressure on. Few errors from us and I just hope we go for the 80 minutes.

psmitty
We need someone who can kick goals. Taylor is average at best.

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 03:29 PM
Wow, a bunker call, a repeat set on 4, and a 5th tackle penalty.

And we lose the ball, release the pressure and they score. Fk.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 03:31 PM
Is it just me or is Ben Ikin just super negative on the Titans? I was always thought he was quite impartial on 360 but wow he has been harsh!

Every commentator n fox is negative towards the Titans

Dooldog76
05-09-20, 03:32 PM
Now I hate another commentator. Ikin.

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 03:33 PM
ominous signs

GCTTSD
05-09-20, 03:34 PM
I don't think young is our answer at right center, doesn't really offer much in attack

lonegull
05-09-20, 03:34 PM

He has been terrible today hasn’t had one positive comment everything that he has to say about the titans is a negative quote

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 03:35 PM
ominous signs

Hopefully not. We should be much further front.

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 03:35 PM
I don't think young is our answer at right center, doesn't really offer much in attack

Came with such big wraps and other then perhaps enthusiasm in the Tigers game I haven't seen anything.

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 03:39 PM
No Kelly v Staggs next week? :(

- - - Updated - - -

wow, Ikin really doesn't like us lol

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 03:39 PM
Great try Fog. We needed that.

ja4220
05-09-20, 03:41 PM
Great try Fog. We needed that.

No mate, it was poor Bulldogs defence! Nothing to do with Fogarty! (Paraphrasing Ben Ikin)

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 03:43 PM
He has been terrible today hasn’t had one positive comment everything that he has to say about the titans is a negative quote

Let's not forget he's going for the Broncos CEO role. THis is like padding out his resume for the job interview. "Also hates the Titans"

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 03:45 PM
Let's not forget he's going for the Broncos CEO role. THis is like padding out his resume for the job interview. "Also hates the Titans"

You wouldn't wish the Broncos CEO job on your worst enemy. C'mon down Ben.

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 03:46 PM
some shocking defence there

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 03:48 PM
How many times a week do we get told when ball carrying arm hits the ground tackle is made. This is going to make me angry I can tell....

- - - Updated - - -

some shocking defence there

Shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. Absolutely muffed our exit set trying to be fancy.

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 03:48 PM
WE GOT A CALL! SOMEONE CLIP THAT.
I would've called it a try to be honest.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 03:51 PM
Hopefully we realise that was half time and we lost the second half of it and we only lead by 8. We seem very happy and confident which is making some relaxed. Good start, at least we didn't get ambushed by the dogs like the last two weeks they played. Hopefully we can kick into a higher gear like we have the last couple of weeks for the last 40 mins.

Dooldog76
05-09-20, 03:51 PM

This is so accurate

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 03:52 PM
Ever since I said we were keeping pressure on, we haven't completed a bloody set.

Thank God for that no try decision as going in only 14-12 would have been a killer.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 03:52 PM
PS speaking of Fox commentators, anyone notice Mal forgetting Jarrod Wallaces name pregame
hahahaha

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 03:56 PM
PS speaking of Fox commentators, anyone notice Mal forgetting Jarrod Wallaces name pregame
hahahaha

yep LOL

- - - Updated - - -

We clearly miss Kelly though despite how good Fermor has been. I feel like our plan was to shred that edge to pieces but when Kelly went off we sort of looked a bit lost on what our next plan of attack was.

Mr Bods
05-09-20, 03:58 PM
Glad it’s halftime as the men need to hear from the SuperCoach for sure

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 03:58 PM
yep halftime couldn't come quick enough.

Whats Doing
05-09-20, 03:59 PM
Ikin would fit in well as Drongoes CEO as he is as arrogant as f#ck

- - - Updated - - -

Titanic
05-09-20, 04:01 PM
We’re a team rebuilding and sure there’s a lot wrong with us but fair suck of the sav just think back 12 months. We’re competing and trying stuff. The players have lost that morbid losers look and there’s hope. That’s right HOPE. Let’s keep it positive and build some momentum. Ikin hasn’t been a Coaster since he took his skinny butt to the Bears and married into the Bennett calamity clique.

If Peachey has a place it’s in 13. Fermor to centre was a good call imho. Like Stone more and more but here Young needs to doing more.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 04:08 PM
If Peachey has a place it’s in 13. Fermor to centre was a good call imho. Like Stone more and more but here Young needs to doing more.

For a bloke playing for a future contract he must be leaving it in Gods hands the way he has played the last couple of weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, now Ikin is coaching from commentary box

lonegull
05-09-20, 04:09 PM
Titans haven’t come out of sheds

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 04:11 PM
Who would've thought I'd be saying Wallace has been one of my favourite players recently. Impressive

edit: he scores straight after I post haha

Dooldog76
05-09-20, 04:12 PM
Unlucky there.

lonegull
05-09-20, 04:13 PM
Dumb play from young

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 04:13 PM
Where's Copley? Is he still injured? Would rather him than Young.

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 04:14 PM
I would actually like to see Sami at centre instead of Young. Thoughts?

Boonarga
05-09-20, 04:15 PM
Aiden Tolman. The place where bulldogs sets go to die.

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 04:18 PM
Painfully poor defence after looking good last week.

Whats Doing
05-09-20, 04:20 PM
Young is hopeless. We need a right centre

GCTTSD
05-09-20, 04:21 PM
We choked against the dogs last year didn't we and that's where the losing streak started?

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 04:22 PM
Finally had a weird try go our way

TitanPremiership
We choked against the dogs last year didn't we and that's where the losing streak started?

Probably. I reckon that try might get us over the line though at the very least. Hoping for more though.

GCTTSD
**** me everytime we do something good Ikin trying to find an excuse for the dogs and **** on us more

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 04:29 PM
Probably. I reckon that try might get us over the line though at the very least. Hoping for more though.

**Peachey** "Hold my beer"

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Young can go and get ****ed. Inside pass to AJ wins us the game

psmitty
05-09-20, 04:30 PM
We are very average today. Lucky we are playing the bottom placed team.

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 04:32 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Young can go and get ****ed. Inside pass to AJ wins us the game

Yep, murdered it.

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 04:36 PM
We are very average today. Lucky we are playing the bottom placed team.

It's weird. The Dogs have a tendency to drag teams down to their level, and we're no exception.

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 04:38 PM
In case you missed it, Ikin just said something positive about us.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 04:38 PM
Young T is officially on my **** list. 3rd tackle kick now mate??????

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 04:39 PM
Young T is officially on my **** list. 3rd tackle kick now mate??????
Agreed

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 04:39 PM
Young now kicks on the third. We are leading and just need to keep the ball. Jesus.

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 04:43 PM
Fogarty, what the ****?

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 04:43 PM
Now he leaves a gap and doesn't attempt a tackle. I haven't seen someone try and lose a match so bad since Cartwright was playing here.

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 04:44 PM
Fogarty, what the ****?

He missed Foran as well when he scored.

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 04:45 PM
Now he leaves a gap and doesn't attempt a tackle. I haven't seen someone try and lose a match so bad since Cartwright was playing here.

I dunno, I thought Fog's effort was soft too.

- - - Updated - - -

We dish this rubbish up next week we lose.

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 04:55 PM
I dunno, I thought Fog's effort was soft too.

- - - Updated - - -

We dish this rubbish up next week we lose.

100% soft, but useless was useless too.

Why does this team like to see me having a stroke

- - - Updated - - -

That was a terribly great win

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 04:56 PM
Would have liked to see us compete for a last minute try on that last set. Soft. Not keen for next week.

Mexican titan
05-09-20, 04:56 PM
Made hard work of that but i agree with T's post above. We must be on the up if we are into the guys when they are leading.

Dooldog76
05-09-20, 04:57 PM
Our execution was way off today, but our defence got us over a wins a win, ill take it.

gotitans101_
05-09-20, 04:57 PM
So who comes in for Kelly next week? Sami centre? Where's Copley?

Spewing we won't get to see a Kelly v Staggs matchup given how well Kelly's been playing.

TitanPremiership
05-09-20, 04:58 PM
In our defence, Kelly has been one of our biggest weapons and he went off early and Joliffe has been huge through the middle and he also left early. Fatigue could've been a factor.

FalconSloth
05-09-20, 04:59 PM
Another gutsy win with 15 men after 10 minutes. Clark stepped up well in the forwards with a few decent runs. Taylor’s defence is also getting better in each game, he is consistently the first lead chaser from kicks. We need to make sure that we beat Broncos next week

GCTTSD
05-09-20, 04:59 PM
Yea at the start of the year we lose that game, good to hold on for the win back to back for the first time in a long time can't dish that second half up against the broncos next week though would be so embarrassing to be the first team they beat since the break

Whats Doing
05-09-20, 05:04 PM
In both tries let in by Fogarty, he got absolutely no assistance from Young. This combined with his butchered try and kicking on the 3rd tackle was just not NRL standard.

I have been saying for weeks we need a right centre and today’s performance from Young just confirmed it.

hungryjacks
05-09-20, 05:04 PM
We played bad, bulldogs played worse and had a few bad calls go their way. Happy to win tho.

Mr Bods
05-09-20, 05:13 PM
Back to Back wins this is fantastic!!!
Woo Hoo Hurricane
We are building
Hey it wasn’t pretty but we lost two blokes early and we ground it out.

Now we must go and get those Drongoes
It’s a must.
The most important game of the year next week

Not a mini GF but the most important for other reasons

lonegull
05-09-20, 05:43 PM
Gutsy win our defence won the game for sure,thought Clark energised the side of the bench but I would still have Boyd over him. Great effort by the forwards stuck strong in a game where our attack was off

Titanic
05-09-20, 06:45 PM
Got the points, the experience and the justification ... no complaints from me ... not pretty but a damned sight more attractive than a loss. Young had the second most run meters after MoFo so he lifted on previous weeks but he left Fogarty isolated twice which really needs work and Stone who was second on the tackle count (after you guessed it, MoFo) was nowhere to be seen either.

I think Copley’s done for year (broken fingernail).

JunctionBlock
05-09-20, 09:28 PM
I thought Copley tore his pec so that would be the season.

lonegull
06-09-20, 08:21 PM
Just watched a replay of the game and didn’t realise when watching live how many great tackles rein made one on one around the boot laces and stopped momentum on a few occasions

Bayside Titan
06-09-20, 09:54 PM
Just watched a replay of the game and didn’t realise when watching live how many great tackles rein made one on one around the boot laces and stopped momentum on a few occasions

I thought this to mate. Lots of little bits and pieces that he did well.

DIEHARD
12-09-20, 03:03 PM
Highlights Bulldogs v Titans
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TeiXls3UErM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>