PDA

View Full Version : Round 16: DRAGONS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
23-08-20, 11:05 PM
DRAGONS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
24-08-20, 12:38 AM
Dragons highlights from last round

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jtactpSsolo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Bods
24-08-20, 09:19 AM
Ordinarily we’d be a chance. But not with these injuries and suspensions.

gotitans101_
24-08-20, 01:53 PM
Yeah not much chance here. I'm actually really disappointed with how the run home is turning out for us with regards to injuries and suspensions.

DIEHARD
24-08-20, 02:00 PM
Fotuaika facing ban
http://www.Titans.com.au

Titans prop Moeaki Fotuaika is facing a two-week ban after being charged with a crusher tackle offence in the loss to the Canberra Raiders on Saturday.

The match review committee decided that a 58th-minute tackle on Jarrod Croker was worthy of a charge.

An early guilty plea would reduce the ban to one match.

Two other players were charged after a review of Saturday's matches.

Raiders prop Josh Papalii and Manly winger Tevita Funa are both facing fines after being issued grade one high tackle (careless) charges.

GCTTSD
24-08-20, 03:23 PM
Hopefully Mitch rein returns for peats

BundyTitan
24-08-20, 04:47 PM
Will be interesting to see the team this week with all of the outs and injuries. Hopefully Ash Taylor and Mitch Rein are available but forwards wise we are looking thin now. My guess is:

1. Brimson
2. Sami
3. Kelly
4. Young
5. Don/Thompson
6. Ash/Boyd
7. Fogarty
8. Lisone
9. Rein
10. Joliffe
11. Fermor
12. Hipgrave
13. Wallace
14. Peats
15. Whitbread
16. Fermor
17. Peachey

mdrew
24-08-20, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Darius Farmer gets an opportunity in the match, he would certainly not let anybody down.

willhelm
24-08-20, 05:00 PM
After a month of good form, Peats has one bad game and we’re ready to hang him.

GCTTSD
24-08-20, 05:18 PM

I don't think he was in good form ever this year, was solid at best in his return but he was terrible on the weekend and doesn't look like getting re signed so rather play rein if fit, not sure if he was playing injured but he didn't look like a guy playing for his future

NZFan
24-08-20, 05:21 PM
In the presser Holbrook said that Peats was carrying an injury into the match and very nearly didn’t play. I think Rein is a massive step backwards especially if we are struggling for forwards. His defence won’t help the middle guys out much. I’d love to see Farmer get a debut.

JunctionBlock
24-08-20, 07:38 PM

Peats has no future at this club. Why continue to play him?

NZFan
24-08-20, 07:56 PM

That’s a valid point JB but I’d be looking at shipping Rein off this year too. If he’s stuck behind Peats then he might start looking at other options.

gotitans101_
24-08-20, 07:56 PM
We get rid of them both and all we have is Erin Clark.

GCTTSD
24-08-20, 08:07 PM
I love peats when he's at his best like when he first came to the club but I agree if he's leaving I'd rather see us give Clark and rein or boyd the chance to make the 9 position theirs, especially if peats is injured, credit to him for playing injured for the team but he wasnt much value to the team standing there struggling while Boyd and Peachey are at dummy half alot of the time

willhelm
24-08-20, 09:13 PM

Because he’s the best hooker on our roster and we are still trying to avoid the spoon.

DIEHARD
25-08-20, 12:51 AM
Dragons v Titans: Blacker in line for debut; Rein ready to return
http://www.nrl.com

The Dragons' post-Paul McGregor era started well with a win over Brisbane and they take on another struggling Queensland side this week.

The Gold Coast have shown signs of promise in Justin Holbrook's first season in charge, with halfback Jamal Fogarty developing as a leader – captaining the side in the absence of the suspended Kevin Proctor last week – and AJ Brimson showing flashes of his brilliant best since returning from injury.

But the Dragons will start favourites after back-to-back wins, with Ben Hunt's switch to hooker and the rapid improvement of Matt Dufty at fullback giving Dean Young's side a new lease on life in attack this season.

Team news
Dragons: Only one game back from a COVID hold, star prop Paul Vaughan will miss another two matches after pleading guilty to a crusher tackle. Fellow forward Korbin Sims is set to join him on the sidelines after straining his calf. Back-rower Jackson Ford is available to return from his tripping ban and will likely come straight on to the interchange. Backline utility Tristan Sailor could reclaim his substitute role or, if Dean Young wants another forward, rookie prop Eddie Blacker is an option after previously being named in the extended squad.

Titans: Lock Moeaki Fotuaika is facing a ban for a crusher tackle. Sam Lisone or Jai Whitbread could be in line for a promotion to the starting side. Hooker Mitch Rein is fully fit and available for selection after overcoming a knee injury.

Key Match-Up
Matt Dufty v AJ Brimson: With 11 tries, nine try assists and 11 line-break assists Dufty has a strong case to be regarded as the NRL's most improved player in 2020. His pure speed and evasive running game is well known but his bullet cutout passes to wingers have been his greatest strength this season, giving the Red V some genuine strike power on both flanks.

He goes up against another talented fullback in Brimson, who was sorely missed by the Titans for the first 11 rounds this season but is making up for lost time. Capable of breaking the defensive line himself or creating space for others, Brimson is the chief weapon for a Gold Coast side that has struggled in attack for too long.

Stat Attack
He spent the bulk of last season on the wing and was set to be the Dragons' fullback this season, but instead Zac Lomax has thrived in the centres – finishing last week's win over Brisbane as the leading point-scorer in the Telstra Premiership. His 10 tries and 47 goals amount to 134 points through 15 matches.

JunctionBlock
25-08-20, 11:33 AM
Because he’s the best hooker on our roster and we are still trying to avoid the spoon.

At the start of the year Rein was our best hooker. Things change, people get injured, others heal from their injuries.

willhelm
25-08-20, 12:49 PM
At the start of the year Rein was our best hooker. Things change, people get injured, others heal from their injuries.

I’ve never thought Rein was our best hooker and have wanted Peats there the entire time. You’re right about the injuries though and of course I would prefer a fit Rein to an injured Peats.

indoallstars
25-08-20, 04:11 PM
God our forward pack this week looks pretty weak

BundyTitan
25-08-20, 04:45 PM
Great news guys, our mate Henry Perenara is the referee this week :helpme:

Bayside Titan
25-08-20, 05:00 PM
Great news guys, our mate Henry Perenara is the referee this week :helpme:

Just saw that. Wait till Bods sees that when he gets off the Suns forum. :)

NZTITAN
25-08-20, 05:01 PM
1. AJ Brimson
2. Corey Thompson
3. Brian Kelly
4. Young Tonumaipea
5. Phillip Sami
6. Ashley Taylor
7. Jamal Fogarty
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jaiman Jolliffe
11. Sam Stone
12. Beau Fermor
13. Tyrone Peachey

14. Erin Clark
15. Sam Lisone
16. Keegan Hipgrave
17. Jai Whitbread
18. Tanah Boyd
19. Anthony Don
20. Treymain Spry
21. Darius Farmer

Strong backline but probably the weakest pack we've ever thrown out there with Stone and Peach. Think Tanah Boyd is unlucky to miss out and hopefully Darius Farmer makes his debut.

JunctionBlock
25-08-20, 05:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xKCfUxS.png

Mr Bods
25-08-20, 05:51 PM
Just saw that. Wait till Bods sees that when he gets off the Suns forum. :)

This forum by the way smashes the Suns forum
Pereneum...what A joke

Dooldog76
25-08-20, 06:45 PM
The gooch again!! What have we done to deserve this.

lonegull
25-08-20, 07:05 PM
What a joke that perenara is our ref again, look forward to a game of lop sided penalty count six again calls and all the 50 50 calls going the dragons way and the bunker being referred to for every sing,e titans try to look at possible no try’s

He is a clown and shouldn’t be allowed to ref at NRL standard

JunctionBlock
25-08-20, 07:27 PM
Hipgrave will be sent to the bin for sure. Off the bench for the impact and Perenium won't like something and give him 9.5 mins in the bin

Mr Bods
25-08-20, 07:59 PM
What a joke that perenara is our ref again, look forward to a game of lop sided penalty count six again calls and all the 50 50 calls going the dragons way and the bunker being referred to for every sing,e titans try to look at possible no try’s

He is a clown and shouldn’t be allowed to ref at NRL standard

What Gull Said.

Dooldog76
25-08-20, 08:14 PM
With perenium we are definitely going to get a send off. My bet will bet will be wallace or Hipgrave when we are 6 all. It will be for holding the player down, which has been inconsistently applied all game. Fogs will argue and we will get marched ten. Then the dragons will pour on three tries.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot, when the game is well and truly over, 24-6 he will even up the penalty count in our favour.

Titanic
25-08-20, 08:23 PM
Let's not get our knickers in a knot over the Perennial Perineum and just hope that our pop-gun back row will have a decent crack ... the Dragoons are there for the taking if we can emulate some of last week's feats. I'm pretty disappointed that Boyd got done for Clark and that Peachey even gets a look in but looking at our squad I'm ok with it. However, if it wasn't him all that's left is Farmer and that would be a stretch at this stage. We're low on troops and logic has prevailed. Titans by 4.

Mr Bods
25-08-20, 08:24 PM
Just like I ran a guessing competition on what minute Copley would get reinjured I should run a new one on what minute Pereneum sin bins Hipgrave

Dooldog76
25-08-20, 08:28 PM
Just like I ran a guessing competition on what minute Copley would get reinjured I should run a new one on what minute Pereneum sin bins Hipgrave

I'm going 35th min

JunctionBlock
25-08-20, 09:04 PM

43rd and hoping Boyd is a late inclusion again. If Taylor is carrying a niggle we'll need him on the bench when Ash has a cry when we aren't winning (just stirring).

shamus
26-08-20, 06:39 AM
Pereneum won’t like what he sees in the warm up. Hipgrave gets 10 just before the game starts.

JunctionBlock
26-08-20, 11:42 AM
I’ve never thought Rein was our best hooker and have wanted Peats there the entire time. You’re right about the injuries though and of course I would prefer a fit Rein to an injured Peats.

https://i.imgur.com/kGhtS8k.jpg

willhelm
26-08-20, 12:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/kGhtS8k.jpg

lol jesus mate, you went through how many posts to find that? What's the context there? Was Peats injured at the time? I've made several comments over the course of the season about wanting Peats in the team so perhaps you can apply your detective skills to find those posts for me too.

JunctionBlock
26-08-20, 01:19 PM
lol jesus mate, you went through how many posts to find that? What's the context there? Was Peats injured at the time? I've made several comments over the course of the season about wanting Peats in the team so perhaps you can apply your detective skills to find those posts for me too.

Page 1. "Your 17" for context.

willhelm
26-08-20, 01:42 PM
Page 1. "Your 17" for context.

A three word response to a list of 17 players. Whoopdee do mate. Now go find all those other posts I’ve made in support of Peats since.

JunctionBlock
26-08-20, 04:06 PM
A three word response to a list of 17 players. Whoopdee do mate. Now go find all those other posts I’ve made in support of Peats since.

You've missed the point. You're only too happy to chastise people for changing their opinion on Peats and yet you appear to be one too.

Moving on.....

willhelm
26-08-20, 04:33 PM
You've missed the point. You're only too happy to chastise people for changing their opinion on Peats and yet you appear to be one too.

Moving on.....

What point are you trying to make here? You searched through my post history and cherry-picked one three letter post from the end of preseason. A post that said nothing about Peats, mind you, simply that I agreed with hanginon's round 1 team list. From memory, Rein played out of his skin in the pre-season trials, and I was happy to see him get first shot even if I prefer Peats in general. Then in round 1, he went back to making the same old boneheaded errors and struggling under fatigue. Then he got injured and we tried the Clark/Boyd thing which really wasn't working and I recall commenting several times that I wanted Peats over Clark and that I thought his poor form last year was due to Brennan's poor coaching.

I haven't chastised anyone about Rein vs. Peats. You just seem to be incredibly sensitive and in fact you're the one doing the chastising. My post that got your knickers in a twist was "after a month of good form, Peats has one bad game and we’re ready to hang him". In what world is that chastisement? I was simply saying that I don't think we should ignore 4 weeks of good because of 1 week of bad (especially when the bad was apparently due to injury). I think Peats still has a lot to offer, particularly in defence, and should be our starting hooker over Rein if both are fit.

JunctionBlock
26-08-20, 05:35 PM
I've made my point. Moving on......

willhelm
26-08-20, 07:10 PM
Don’t cherrypick and omit context if you’re just going to run away when I defend myself

JunctionBlock
26-08-20, 07:29 PM
Don’t cherrypick and omit context if you’re just going to run away when I defend myself

Ok. Your claims that you're always in the Peats camp was proven wrong. You still deny it. Your comment regarding abandoning Peats was in reference to anothers post saying "hope rein gets his spot back".

My point is that people change their view depending on what happens during the year. you also did this because at one point your top 17 was Rein over Peats. A few months later you changed your point of view. You love to carry on and carry on and carry on about your point while never conceding that someone has another opinion. You have stated your opinion so move on, no need to continue to ram your view down the throat of forum members who disagree with you.

I get more complaints about you with the exception of fake accounts. My advice is to block you which some have chosen to do.

I'm not cherry picking your quotes. these are your quotes.

Now Move on or take this to a PM.

willhelm
26-08-20, 08:00 PM
**** off mate. The only one ramming their view is you on me.

I’ve been calling for Peats since the early rounds when I saw Rein/Clark weren’t cutting it. If you want to lawyer me and hone in on a post from pre-season while ignoring all the pro-Peats posts shortly thereafter, I’ll happily change it from “the entire time” to “since the early rounds”.

Complaints... haha righto. For telling an incessant whiner to stop whining. Sure.

Go ahead and ban me then. Might save us all the trouble since you (and others) can’t stop misrepresenting what I say.

Mexican titan
26-08-20, 08:03 PM
Ok. Your claims that you're always in the Peats camp was proven wrong. You still deny it. Your comment regarding abandoning Peats was in reference to anothers post saying "hope rein gets his spot back".

My point is that people change their view depending on what happens during the year. you also did this because at one point your top 17 was Rein over Peats. A few months later you changed your point of view. You love to carry on and carry on and carry on about your point while never conceding that someone has another opinion. You have stated your opinion so move on, no need to continue to ram your view down the throat of forum members who disagree with you.

I get more complaints about you with the exception of fake accounts. My advice is to block you which some have chosen to do.

I'm not cherry picking your quotes. these are your quotes.

Now Move on or take this to a PM.

Ouch.

Now back to the hooker discussion, I think Peats and Rein are both very average and Peats lack of form for the last two years is one of lifes great mysteries. As for Clark, he is not even at the standard of these two and never will be. That is why the Smiths discussion is of great interest.
Next, we should be having the same discussion re our halfback, but I guess we cannot have a million dollar player getting splinters on the bench.
Anyway, I've just noticed this is the Dragons game thread so lets get back to that. With our popgun pack we will get slaughtered and it will not be the refs fault, just like last week wasn't.

Mr Bods
26-08-20, 08:13 PM
Ouch.

Now back to the hooker discussion, I think Peats and Rein are both very average and Peats lack of form for the last two years is one of lifes great mysteries. As for Clark, he is not even at the standard of these two and never will be. That is why the Smiths discussion is of great interest.
Next, we should be having the same discussion re our halfback, but I guess we cannot have a million dollar player getting splinters on the bench.
Anyway, I've just noticed this is the Dragons game thread so lets get back to that. With our popgun pack we will get slaughtered and it will not be the refs fault, just like last week wasn't.

MT I said it should have been much closer. The referees from the NswRL destroyed the match in the first half. Gave us nothing and gave them everything.

JunctionBlock
26-08-20, 08:30 PM
Ouch.

No matter happens in this game hopefully we can ease our pain by watching the Broncos get dismantled by the Roosters straight after.

Mexican titan
26-08-20, 08:35 PM
MT I said it should have been much closer. The referees from the NswRL destroyed the match in the first half. Gave us nothing and gave them everything.

I agree that the reffing was poor, however the score was a true reflection of the difference between the sides - in my opinion. We could debate that all day.
That was last week and I've moved on. Last week was a step back from the improvements we have made, but I expected nothing less with the team we had on the park. I think this week is much the same, although the opposition is not in the Raiders class.

- - - Updated - - -

No matter happens in this game hopefully we can ease our pain by watching the Broncos get dismantled by the Roosters straight after.

Yeah that would be good. I can't say much after what the rabbits did to Manly last week. With the Titans and then Manly, last Saturday was not one of my sporting highlights of the year.

Dooldog76
27-08-20, 06:46 AM
Out of curiosity has farmer been injured? Or maybe he just doesn't have the motor for the new rules with quick resets. I just thought we would have seen him earlier. Still has a year to go on his contract doesn't he?

BundyTitan
27-08-20, 07:24 AM
Out of curiosity has farmer been injured? Or maybe he just doesn't have the motor for the new rules with quick resets. I just thought we would have seen him earlier. Still has a year to go on his contract doesn't he?

Would be interesting to know. I know he had that injury (knee from memory) but that was earlier in the year so he should be fit by now. This would be the perfect opportunity to blood him and see what he's got against a side who is roughly at our level and he has more upside/a higher ceiling than Stone.

I'm a really big fan of Fermor too so great to see him get a start. He's got a massive future

Bayside Titan
27-08-20, 09:31 AM

Is he a development player ? Maybe why he’s not getting a start. I don’t know the rules around that but it maybe a reason.

GCTTSD
27-08-20, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that they changed the rules this year for covid so any development players can play anytime doesn't have to be through injuries. Would love to see farmer get a run over stone he runs a good line that's about it doesn't have any speed or strength is pretty average at best

Dooldog76
27-08-20, 01:27 PM
It's a strange one on farmer. Maybe not putting in at training. I remember he was solid without being amazing at the nines. Just thought he would offer more than Whitbread.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a ferminator fan too.

Hail Sezer
27-08-20, 02:39 PM
I think Farmer simply hasn't shown he's up to it yet, and unfortunately hasn't had the benefit of ISC week in week out to prove himself otherwise. He didn't play that much ISC last year either, floating between A-grade and ISC.

He's always been a edge player as well but was tried as a 13 for us in the trial v Burleigh, so perhaps they see his skillset as better suited to being a middle, which he hasn't had the chance to properly play any football as yet.

He's a great kid who trains hard, I hope he gets his chance but I don't think its that surprising he hasn't been picked as yet.

lonegull
27-08-20, 02:55 PM
I agree HS, not having the ISC this year has left a big hole in knowing where the fringe and up and comers are at especially the younger blokes coming through.

Sunny86
27-08-20, 03:02 PM
Don’t forget farmer had to go through testicular cancer last year as well

DIEHARD
27-08-20, 04:59 PM
League Unlimited Dragons v Titans preview
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/35029-dragons-v-titans-preview/

DIEHARD
27-08-20, 05:22 PM
NRL match preview
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/08/27/nrl-match-preview-dragons-v-titans/

NRL Match Preview: Dragons v Titans
NRL.com

The Dragons' post-Paul McGregor era started well with a win over Brisbane and they take on another struggling Queensland side this week.

The Gold Coast have shown signs of promise in Justin Holbrook's first season in charge, with halfback Jamal Fogarty developing as a leader – captaining the side in the absence of the suspended Kevin Proctor last week – and AJ Brimson showing flashes of his brilliant best since returning from injury.

But the Dragons will start favourites after back-to-back wins, with Ben Hunt's switch to hooker and the rapid improvement of Matt Dufty at fullback giving Dean Young's side a new lease on life in attack this season.

Team news
Dragons: Back-rower Jackson Ford and hooker Billy Brittain replace Korbin Sims (calf) and Paul Vaughan (suspension) on the bench. Rookie prop Eddie Blacker has been named on the reserves and remains an option if Dean Young wants another big man. The Dragons have won their past five games against the Titans.

Dean Young has confirmed his side will be 1-17 against the Titans, with Brittain to remain on his bench with the interim coach planning to play him at hooker at some point to give Ben Hunt a break.

Titans: Ash Taylor returns in the halves with Tanah Boyd dropping to the reserves. Tyrone Peachey is named at lock for the suspended Moeaki Fotuaika with Erin Clark recalled on the bench.

Mitch Rein replaces Nathan Peats at hooker and Beau Fermor starts in the second row with Keegan Hipgrave reverting to the pine. Winger Anthony Don is a chance of returning after being named in No.21. The Titans have not won in Sydney since round 11 of 2019.

Key Match-Up
Matt Dufty v AJ Brimson: With 11 tries, nine try assists and 11 line-break assists Dufty has a strong case to be regarded as the NRL's most improved player in 2020. His pure speed and evasive running game is well known but his bullet cutout passes to wingers have been his greatest strength this season, giving the Red V some genuine strike power on both flanks.

He goes up against another talented fullback in Brimson, who was sorely missed by the Titans for the first 11 rounds this season but is making up for lost time. Capable of breaking the defensive line himself or creating space for others, Brimson is the chief weapon for a Gold Coast side that has struggled in attack for too long.

Stat Attack
He spent the bulk of last season on the wing and was set to be the Dragons' fullback this season, but instead Zac Lomax has thrived in the centres – finishing last week's win over Brisbane as the leading point-scorer in the Telstra Premiership. His 10 tries and 47 goals amount to 134 points through 15 matches.

Hail Sezer
28-08-20, 11:24 AM
Coach’s Last Word
Titans.com.au
Fri 28 Aug 2020, 10:19 AM

Titan’s Coach Justin Holbrook says he is expecting Tyrone Peachey to stand up and put in a strong performance against the Dragons, with the utility to move from the bench to a starting role.

Holbrook says Peachey hasn’t been playing his best footy, but now gets an opportunity at lock with Moeaki Fotuaika out of the team (suspended).

“He (Peachey) hasn’t been great over the last few games and he knows that,” Holbrook said.

“I really need him to stand up and he has the opportunity to start this week so I’m really hoping he has a big game for us and contributes massively in the middle of the field.

“I’ve been critical of how he has played the last couple of weeks, but it is a difficult position to be in when you’re sitting on the bench and you’re not knowing what time you’re going to go on or in his case what position.”

The team is expected to line up as named, with all players getting through unscathed in the Titans Captain’s Run on Thursday.

“I’m expecting we will be as per named, which is good.

“It’s pretty obvious we’ve got some key troops out but what we’ve named we can run with and that’s good knowing we’ve been able to train that way this week and we’re ready tonight for a tough game against the Dragons.”

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/08/28/coachs-last-word/

Boonarga
28-08-20, 04:30 PM
I hope what he's thinking but didn't say is "This is his last chance"

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 04:58 PM
Injuries plus disgraceful NswRL suspensions plus Pereneum the hater means we win tonight and it’s a truly famous win

GCTTSD
28-08-20, 05:00 PM
Everytime we go into a game like this against a team that is definitely beatable I get my hopes up and think we'll win then we get flogged so I'm not expecting anything :laugh:

JunctionBlock
28-08-20, 05:01 PM
Going to have to watch this one on replay. Hopefully worth it.

gotitans101_
28-08-20, 05:22 PM
Taylor is back and Boyd drops straight out of the team.

GCTTSD
28-08-20, 05:47 PM
If we are any chance to win Kelly and Sami need to be perfect in defence and not rush up on Lomax and have Dufty throw the long cut out passes to ravalawa

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 06:05 PM
OK tuned in. Good luck Titans. I'm a few mins behind. I will try to catch up or do so and comment at half time.

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 06:24 PM
Yay for Wallace!!!

gotitans101_
28-08-20, 06:27 PM
Yay for Wallace!!!

Wasn't even a penalty - he never moved his feet.

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 06:33 PM
How does a dropped pass which has to go backwards become a knock on... not that I don't expect that type of call from Perenara.

Mexican titan
28-08-20, 06:34 PM
Fk I'm sick of Taylor. He isn't a young NRL player anymore and he makes errors like that on a weekly basis.
This is why we can't sustain pressure and lose games. Not the referees.

GCTTSD
28-08-20, 06:37 PM
All the opposition teams need to do is hold the ball and they wi we beat ourselves with dumb errors and constantly passing backwards and losing metres in attack

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 06:41 PM
Fk I'm sick of Taylor. He isn't a young NRL player anymore and he makes errors like that on a weekly basis.
This is why we can't sustain pressure and lose games. Not the referees.

Far out he has been strong in defence and pretty much done all our kicking and you get up him for a ball slipping through his hands 'error'.

- - - Updated - - -

Fk me... that call will do me for the year. Every week!

GCTTSD
28-08-20, 06:42 PM
Can we start a go fund me for Holbrook to absolutely go off at these match fixing reffs

Dobes
28-08-20, 06:42 PM
These ref's and bunker are piss weak. Incompetent f**king morons who need the sack already. Beyond a joke. No idea what they're doing.

Mexican titan
28-08-20, 06:43 PM
I might have to retract re the bunker at least. What a disgraceful call.

- - - Updated - - -

Far out he has been strong in defence and pretty much done all our kicking and you get up him for a ball slipping through his hands 'error'.

- - - Updated - - -

Fk me... that call will do me for the year. Every week!

It was a rookie error mate, made week after week.

gotitans101_
28-08-20, 06:43 PM
Perenara is cheating again.

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 06:44 PM
Dead set try taken off us by the Sydney Bunker
And Pereneum is a cheat too
6 again 6 again

Firetruck
28-08-20, 06:49 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen the best players make the type of error that Taylor made. It did not go forward, even if the ref. ruled that way. Taylor’s defence has been fantastic tonight. FFS, he is not a $1m player but that is not his fault. He is doing a great job. Suggest you stop jumping on players when they make a mistake....and he is not making them every week as you stated.

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 06:50 PM
Win or lose im pretty happy with the effort. Rav lost that ball cold. My theory is in full flight tonight.

Boonarga
28-08-20, 06:51 PM
Taylor has been great tonight. That drop was because he was a little tired from his defensive effort.
The dude looks like he's dropped some kgs and is getting back to what we know he's capable of.

gotitans101_
Wallace never even moved his feet for their penalty.

And Rava clearly lost the ball and we grounded it.

Really getting sick and tired of this competition.

Taylor has been great tonight. That drop was because he was a little tired from his defensive effort.
The dude looks like he's dropped some kgs and is getting back to what we know he's capable of.

I don't know what game you're watching but I think Taylor has been atrocious for the most part.

Really happy with our effort as Dooldog pointed out above. So, so happy with our defence. A Titans team of past few years would have let in at least 3 or 4 tries from all of that.

TitanPremiership

- - - Updated - - -

We can agree to disagree here, I won't go into the fact our hookers used to be liable for an unnecessary 2-3 forward passes a game but on the rookie error for that pass. I would point you to Brandon Smith against the Eels who threw I reckon about 3 of those during the game and almost every fan at the club wants us to chase him for hooker.

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 06:52 PM
Wasn't even a penalty - he never moved his feet.

agreed, but he didn't have to drop the shoulder.

indoallstars
28-08-20, 06:54 PM
How the f**k was that not a titans try, what a crock of sh*t. Sick of these corrupt officials

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 06:54 PM

He's made a few errors and some bad last kicks, but he's more involved and not going into his shell because of them. Agree on his defence.

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 06:55 PM
Dead set try taken off us by the Sydney Bunker
And Pereneum is a cheat too
6 again 6 again

Not a grievance as yet because I will admit to not knowing the rules fully, but can someone actually explain how held calls work please? I would just like to know what the difference between us carrying that Dragons player back towards the in goal and Lomax taking Kelly out were different. We are literally carrying him the whole time?

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 06:58 PM
Not a grievance as yet because I will admit to not knowing the rules fully, but can someone actually explain how held calls work please? I would just like to know what the difference between us carrying that Dragons player back towards the in goal and Lomax taking Kelly out were different. We are literally carrying him the whole time?

They deemed he was stationary and as soon as we laid hands on him the tackle was complete. Kelly was standing and they lifted him off his feet. Tackle not complete until he touches the ground

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 06:59 PM
They deemed he was stationary and as soon as we laid hands on him the tackle was complete. Kelly was standing and they lifted him off his feet. Tackle not complete until he touches the ground

Yeah I half understand that one.. I was talking I think straight after that we were clearly aggravated and literally carried a player back from the 10-5m line before held is called and we have to drop him when heaps of momentum still?

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 07:00 PM
He did not secure possession and we picked it up and scored
Everything else is slow motion **** covering Bull****

GCTTSD
28-08-20, 07:01 PM
On a positive note rein and AJ and Kelly have been really good in attack I'd love to see aj push up abit more and follow rein whenever he darts out of dummy half

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 07:01 PM
Its called "gooch inconsistency"

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 07:02 PM
Some of you are so used to being reemed up the Khyber by the likes of Pereneum and the Bunker that you have
Stockholm Syndrome

amaline
28-08-20, 07:02 PM

Really? I thought it was as soon as your feet leave the ground. Otherwise you could pick someone up and carry them backwards?

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 07:04 PM
Really? I thought it was as soon as your feet leave the ground. Otherwise you could pick someone up and carry them backwards?

Pretty sure I have that right. Could be wrong.

FalconSloth
28-08-20, 07:05 PM
That was not offside. It was about 5 metres inside. I just watched the replay.

amaline
28-08-20, 07:07 PM
That was not offside. It was about 5 metres inside. I just watched the replay.

Was it offside from the first kick?

Mexican titan
28-08-20, 07:09 PM

Tired from his defensive effort. The poor thing. You can't be serious. Anyway I do accept he is playing better so I'll move on.

amaline
28-08-20, 07:09 PM
Was that kick really played at?

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 07:10 PM
There was no 6 again then
That’s a try to Pereneum

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 07:10 PM
Perenara is an *edit*. How was that played at?

Dobes
28-08-20, 07:11 PM
How bad does this ref want the Dragons to win lol

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 07:11 PM
I'll be honest I didn't expect us to be in this one because of our forward pack but the fact that we should be winning despite these horrendous calls really irks me. Between the penalty count and these played at calls we are not even being let in it.

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:13 PM
You beauty. Sami in and we are on the board. Great defence so far Titans.

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 07:13 PM
Try and take that off us u cheat Pereneum

Hail Sezer
28-08-20, 07:19 PM
Peachey again with a momentum killing penalty

Firetruck
28-08-20, 07:22 PM
I don't know what game you're watching but I think Taylor has been atrocious for the most part.

Gee 101, you never fail to disappoint. I always look forward to reading your posts as you go about proving you know nothing about the game. And you always make me laugh with your incessant bagging of our players. Keep it up mate, your one of my few pleasures in these COVID riddled times

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:24 PM
Really proud of our defence, highlighted by that hold up.

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 07:26 PM
If we pull this win off I would rate it up there with our best of all time personally. Very proud of the team regardless.

amaline
28-08-20, 07:35 PM
Let's go back to the penalty to Ash.

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 07:37 PM
Let's go back to the penalty to Ash.

The problem is because coaches aren't allowed to bring anything up, the NRL won't even look into half of it.

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 07:39 PM
Do we get this one boys?

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:39 PM
Geezus. Hope AJ is ok after getting hit by that train.

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 07:41 PM
Anyone else notice when we make a tackle as soon as they touch the ground its get straight off. Then dragons lie all over us?

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:42 PM
TRY!!! Come on we deserve this.

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 07:43 PM
Can't rob us here suck it

Mr Bods
Pereneum and the Bunker two sets of rules

Boonarga
Friggin bunker tried desperately to rule no try. "Support the on field decision"? It was clear he didn't touch it you muppet.

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:44 PM
4 mins left. 10-ALL. Can we win? Will it be golden point? :ugh:

Hail Sezer
28-08-20, 07:44 PM
Who’s the nerdy bunker dude? I swear he was at my place fixing my NBN last week

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:46 PM
BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LADIES!!!!!! What a stunner of a try! Well done AJ and Fogarty for sealing it with plenty of his own work.

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 07:48 PM
I just wet myself a little.

amaline
28-08-20, 07:49 PM
Need Cam Smith for goal kicking.

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:49 PM
Hold on Tits!

BundyTitan
28-08-20, 07:51 PM
So proud of this team, UP THE TITANS!!! One of our guttsiest wins ever

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 07:52 PM
What a cracker!!!!

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:52 PM
While your memories of the game are still fresh, please go over to the MoeJoe award thread and give your 6 points.

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?29118-Moejoe-Award-quot-League-of-Titans-Player-of-the-Year-quot-2020/page13

TitanPremiership
28-08-20, 07:53 PM
I am aroused haha

ozynorts
28-08-20, 07:55 PM
Great effort to hang in there and get the win. Huge. Now to watch the Broncos get flogged and my weekend will be perfect.

indoallstars
28-08-20, 07:55 PM
Absolutely one of our best performances, look at all our forwards out and we played on our best defence games ever. Jamal and AJ standing up

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 07:56 PM
While your memories of the game are still fresh, please go over to the MoeJoe award thread and give your 6 points.

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?29118-Moejoe-Award-quot-League-of-Titans-Player-of-the-Year-quot-2020/page13

Can I pick them all?

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 07:57 PM
We just beat
1-Pereneum
2-the Bunker
3-the NswRL judiciary
This is a famous win

DIEHARD
I am aroused haha

I'm doing a victory dance in my lounge room. Now going to call my parents to relive the drama. :laugh:

GCTTSD
Reffs did everything they could to see us lose but we hung in there incredible defence gee AJ Brimson is special always makes something out of nothing and so good to see Fogarty score the match winner after last week

Mexican titan
Outstanding win considering the forward pack we had. The improvements together with confidence levels just get better each week.

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 07:58 PM
Absolutely one of our best performances, look at all our forwards out and we played on our best defence games ever.

That's a very good point.

TitansState
28-08-20, 07:59 PM
Gee we looked pretty fit considering the amount of defence we did tonight. Complete opposite of what I thought was gonna happen with the forward pack we had. Great effort.

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 08:12 PM
This is the press conference where Holbrook addresses the Pereneum and Sydney Bunker issues so it doesn’t sound like sour grapes
Do it Hurricane

GCTTSD
28-08-20, 08:15 PM
It's so obvious when they barely look at the dragons trust or our challenges but take a hundred looks at our tries looking for the smallest reason to dissalow it. Can anyone tell me if we got a 6 again call? Was such a gutsy win with all the insured and suspensions and **** house reffing to defend our asses off and win

Mexican titan
28-08-20, 08:35 PM
It's so obvious when they barely look at the dragons trust or our challenges but take a hundred looks at our tries looking for the smallest reason to dissalow it. Can anyone tell me if we got a 6 again call? Was such a gutsy win with all the insured and suspensions and **** house reffing to defend our asses off and win

We got 2 six again calls and the Dragons got 5. Penalties were 7-4 against us and possession was 56-44% to Dragons. Three tries to one to us.
Not many teams win with those possession stats.

GCTTSD
28-08-20, 08:47 PM
We got 2 six again calls and the Dragons got 5. Penalties were 7-4 against us and possession was 56-44% to Dragons. Three tries to one to us.
Not many teams win with those possession stats.

Thanks for that, I was thinking all game when perenara would say held get up he'd call 6 again so quick against us and then let the dragons lay all over us a few times. Either way I thought our pack struggled early one but really aimed up as the game went on, our contact in defence was brilliant, even stone ran hard and made some big tackles. Wallace stepped up had came up with some big off loads to create plenty of opportunities for us. The only negative for me was most of our 5th tackle options close to the line, some poor kicks and we really struggle to get repeat sets and build pressure

gotitans101_
28-08-20, 08:53 PM

Gee 101, you never fail to disappoint. I always look forward to reading your posts as you go about proving you know nothing about the game. And you always make me laugh with your incessant bagging of our players. Keep it up mate, your one of my few pleasures in these COVID riddled times

What? I pointed out how bad I thought Taylor was in most of that first half but I praised the rest of the team. Yet you're still having a go at me.

Wallace never even moved his feet for their penalty.

And Rava clearly lost the ball and we grounded it.

Really getting sick and tired of this competition.

Really happy with our effort as Dooldog pointed out above. So, so happy with our defence. A Titans team of past few years would have let in at least 3 or 4 tries from all of that.

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 08:55 PM
WTF, I pointed out how bad I thought Taylor was in most of that first half yet praised the rest of the team. Yet you're still having a go at me.

For what it’s worth I like your posts 101

Whats Doing
28-08-20, 09:01 PM
The fitness, desire and desperation impressed me the most

gotitans101_
28-08-20, 09:02 PM
For what it’s worth I like your posts 101

I don't know what I did to deserve the spray Firetruck gave me though. All I said is I thought Taylor was rubbish through most of that first half and yet I get attacked for knowing nothing about the game. I wasn't the only one who pointed it out either, yet I'm the one attacked.

I loved that win. So happy with the upset, and I didn't think we had a hope in hell of winning this. But I do feel sort of soured after having read his post.

shamus
28-08-20, 09:03 PM
I don't know what I did to deserve the spray Firetruck gave me though. All I said is I thought Taylor was rubbish through most of that first half and yet I get attacked for knowing nothing about the game.

I don’t think he is referring to just this game.

Upthetits
28-08-20, 09:05 PM
I'm fairly into reddit and the match threads can be for the most part cesspits depending on what teams are playing. Thankfully that one was pretty good.

What I will say is that most people on there could not believe the calls we were getting against us and alot of people were blowing up saying that they are noticing a bias of Henry perenara that he always calls towards the favourite. Some people mentioned they've noticed it in titans and warriors games where he will blatantly call against both clubs.

On to a more positive note. What a win, cannot be more proud of the team. If this is what holbrook can do with a bunch of rookies and players he has inherited. Wait another 3 years when he has his full squad he and mal have built.

Onwards and upwards lads!!

gotitans101_
28-08-20, 09:10 PM
I don’t think he is referring to just this game.

And? What positives were there to talk about during the Brennan era, yet some of you were STILL defending our team's performances.

And while you're here, I know you're a fan of Hipgrave, but seriously, he almost lost us that game tonight through his errors and poor discipline. Yet you'll still somehow find a way to defend his performances. I just don't get it.

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 09:10 PM
I don't know what I did to deserve the spray Firetruck gave me though. All I said is I thought Taylor was rubbish through most of that first half and yet I get attacked for knowing nothing about the game. I wasn't the only one who pointed it out either, yet I'm the one attacked.

I loved that win. So happy with the upset, and I didn't think we had a hope in hell of winning this. But I do feel sort of soured after having read his post.

Shake it off 101 you can’t please everyone
You may find this hard to believe but there are actually some people out there that think that I am a Deadest dribbler.

Mexican titan
28-08-20, 09:21 PM

Don't worry about it, he had a go at me after I bagged Taylor as well. Fogarty is probably on a tenth of Taylors wage but is easily I outplaying him. Anyway this is not a conversation I want to get into after a win like that.
Keep posting what you want mate, I respect your honesty.

- - - Updated - - -

Shake it off 101 you can’t please everyone
You may find this hard to believe but there are actually some people out there that think that I am a Deadest dribbler.

Your new bub might be dribbling mate but you're no dribbler. Why are people so unkind Bods.

Mr Bods
28-08-20, 09:27 PM
^^^ ha ha ha, I don’t know Kamahl.

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 09:34 PM
Fifi with a nice try commwntators talking us up.

JunctionBlock
28-08-20, 09:39 PM
Fifi with a nice try commwntators talking us up.

Still haven't watched the game but know the result. How good to watch the only good thing at the Broncos tonight leaving the club.

Dooldog76
28-08-20, 10:13 PM
Still haven't watched the game but know the result. How good to watch the only good thing at the Broncos tonight leaving the club.

Warmed the cockles of my heart

gotitans101_
28-08-20, 10:16 PM
How good has Wallace been? Where the **** has this been for the past few years?!

Boonarga
28-08-20, 10:16 PM
One bloke that probably deserves a lot of credit hasn't been mentioned. Jim Dymock.

gotitans101_
28-08-20, 10:19 PM
One bloke that probably deserves a lot of credit hasn't been mentioned. Jim Dymock.

Yep and I've no doubts Lenihan's promotion is paying dividends too. That whole coaching staff combination kicks ass.

gcboyz
28-08-20, 10:24 PM
Once a player is lifted of the ground the ref should call held.
Then when Ash kicked ingoal he was taken out by a defender who changed his line. Play on was called.
Really is not a first grade standard referee.

Titanic
28-08-20, 10:58 PM
Settle down lads and enjoy the game we didn’t expect. I withdraw my comment about our “pop gun” pack and I hope Coach used it as motivation. We were outweighed out experienced but never out muscled nor out enthused and definitely not out played. With the exception of Young T who must be carrying an injury that was a brave, composed and morale building win ... proud to be a Titan and a Chitan :-)

DIEHARD
28-08-20, 11:28 PM
I'm fairly into reddit and the match threads can be for the most part cesspits depending on what teams are playing. Thankfully that one was pretty good.

I'm glad you are involved on Reddit. I can't really get my head around the format. But if you ever see any interesting threads, please share the URL.

Dooldog76
29-08-20, 12:48 AM
Once a player is lifted of the ground the ref should call held.
Then when Ash kicked ingoal he was taken out by a defender who changed his line. Play on was called.
Really is not a first grade standard referee.

100 percent correct. My bad.

DIEHARD
29-08-20, 03:32 AM
NRL highlights from Dragons v Titans

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mpqDuDyeiic" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DIEHARD
29-08-20, 03:34 AM
Post-Match Press-Conference
Justin Holbrook chats to the media after his team's Round 16 game against the Dragons

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/08/28/post-match-press-conference/

DIEHARD
29-08-20, 03:37 AM
Victory song!
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FGC Titans%2Fvideos%2F732332807611975%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Hail Sezer
29-08-20, 06:58 AM
How good has Wallace been? Where the **** has this been for the past few years?!

He’s been immense, mate.

Phil Sami is also playing very well and showing good improvement. Not all wingers would’ve scored that try he did last night and he’s returning the ball well too.

That was an absolute ripper of a win and it is so exciting seeing this team develop. Enjoy the weekend lads

shamus
29-08-20, 07:51 AM
And? What positives were there to talk about during the Brennan era, yet some of you were STILL defending our team's performances.

And while you're here, I know you're a fan of Hipgrave, but seriously, he almost lost us that game tonight through his errors and poor discipline. Yet you'll still somehow find a way to defend his performances. I just don't get it.

There you go.... I didn’t even need to say anything

DavidBouveng
29-08-20, 07:54 AM
I was pretty stoked last night well before we stole the win.

the resilience and defensive commitment, the ball movement in the limited possession we had, and some very mature performances all round, including some special 1% efforts like Joliffe hitting and dislodging ball to gain possession, Keegan falling off a tackle then making second effort to deny Clune a try, Wallace all night.

wallace was really really good, as was Joliffe,

JunctionBlock
29-08-20, 08:02 AM
Watching the fox shortened version so not seeing everything. Taylors pass from dummy half LOL's, but Hipgraves try saving tackle off the resulting scrum was fantastic. Perenara really seems to step up the 6 agains with 15 to go in the first half because the game isn't going to script. Taylors break after Kelly breaks the line and toes it forward rather than a simple short pass to AJ on his inside shows lack of vision. The bunker when Ravalawa drops it. Hits pause on the video "momentum has stopped" hits play " Sami drags player into in goal", penalty. Wow. Entire right side attack is having a rest so far as it's all down the left for us. First half done.

The tackle restarts after "played at" in both halves were a joke. Both were reffed by the dragons and conceded by that cheating useless prick that calls himself a ref. Shout out to Sami to finally get a try that required effort. Shout out to Fermor for the average catch and pass that worked and lead to it. Wallace starting to make his offloads count and not at idiotic moments.
Last 15 mins and we had so many opportunities that we should have had 6 agains. Taylor gets taken out after a grubber kick through, no penalty. Perenara really put his whistle away for us until the saints have an issue. Hipgrave doesn't change direction when we were penalised in front with 9 to go. What shame we have to cop this **** week in week out. I've already rage cancelled Kayo after calls like this, if I paid for Fox I'd do the same. Disgraceful. Then on to the bunker to try and take the try off Peachey after looking at 32 angles. WOW. 2nd half and Taylor works out AJ is on his inside and boom, try time. Gotta say, if every single player didn't put in that game as they did, we don't win, if we leave it up to one or two guys to win for us, those one or two guys don't have the energy at the back end of the game to be there to win it for us. Massive effort, Massive win. Phew

psmitty
29-08-20, 08:13 AM
Great game and great to see them grinding out a win. I think the current backline is the best we have with Thompson on the wing and both Kelly and Young in the centres. Fogarty is looking like the best decision we made this year. The only change I would like to make in the future is for eventually Taylor to go and be replaced with a better half. I think we could do with a big winger or centre as well but currently I think we have our best backline playing.

Dooldog76
29-08-20, 08:15 AM
He hasn't been mentioned much but I think stone was very good last night. Really good in defence. Also fogarty should keep the captaincy. He was great at the back end of the game. Pumping up the team, great communication and is our leader out there. If he stays consistent, Taylor's pay should go straight to him

shamus
29-08-20, 08:51 AM
Just thought I would mention win/lose ratio with Peranara in charge. Make of it what you will but I am sure we have worse stats with other refs.
29 times he has reffed us for 12 wins, 17 losses.

Year. Win. Loss
2011. - 1
2012. - -
2013. 1. -
2014. 1. 2
2015. 3. 2
2016. 4. -
2017. 1. 3
2018. 1. 3
2019. - 2
2020. 1. 4

God the above table looks ugly but I am sure you can work it out

Mr Bods
29-08-20, 11:23 AM
3W 12L since the start of 2017
Pereneum

JunctionBlock
29-08-20, 11:36 AM
3W 12L since the start of 2017
Pereneum

So win loss percentage from 2017 to current is 31.25% over all, matches refereed by him 25%. Not huge difference but take last nights win out which was against the odds the way it was refereed it drops to 16%

Mr Bods
29-08-20, 12:10 PM
So win loss percentage from 2017 to current is 31.25% over all, matches refereed by him 25%. Not huge difference but take last nights win out which was against the odds the way it was refereed it drops to 16%

Yeah you may as well think of it as 16% because we had no right to win last night with the assistance St Merge enjoyed

GCTTSD
29-08-20, 02:52 PM
Dragons attack wasn't the best and of we were versing the roosters no way we win but with all the injuries and suspensions and reffing we still had no right to win that and would have lost that game at the start of the year. We are finally starting to build resilience under Holbrook and with another full preseason to clear out the rest of the dead wood and build combinations we are building a solid NRL team. Need to back it up against the dogs though hope we don't get too carried away and underestimate them, as good as it would be seeing the broncos go to last if the dogs win back to back wins would be even better

gotitans101_
29-08-20, 03:17 PM
There you go.... I didn’t even need to say anything

Should we just not say anything when we see poor individual performances and only acknowledge the good? Fair enough.

FalconSloth
29-08-20, 05:01 PM
3 wins and 12 losses isn’t 25% it is 20% and if you take out last nights game it drops to 14%

Mr Bods
29-08-20, 05:40 PM
3 wins and 12 losses isn’t 25% it is 20% and if you take out last nights game it drops to 14%

Nice mathematics there Falcon.

Hail Sezer
31-08-20, 11:05 AM
I've rewatched the game and can confirm it is still exciting the second time around.

Some of my take-outs (tl;dr, I repeat a lot of what everyone has said but make it look like an original thought):

Jamin Joliffe has the potential to be a top tier front rower. Workhorse numbers, tight defensively and some tidy footwork with a strong carry. He's got everything a quality modern day front-rower needs and I'm glad we have locked him up because he would've attracted some attention for his services.

AJ owns that #1 jersey and I for one welcome his statue outside of CBUS.

Peachey probably played his best game for us at 13 - I still don't love him being in the side but he looked like he played an actual role instead of coming on and trying too hard/being penalised for a lazy arm/making an error. He still probably looks the least enthused of the lot and I anticipate he will try to find a way back to Sydney but him playing well is a good thing if it peaks interest in him from another club.

I think Ash is playing ok. He's certainly not playing poorly and it's quite obvious there is a grudge hangover from his 2019 form as well as judging his performance against his salary (which he probably still isn't justifying) but he's playing good enough football to add value to our team and has tidied up some of his biggest deficiencies (namely first contact defensively, linespeed). He's making better decisions and is making the right play more of the time (e.g. t hat linebreak, kicking toward the corner against the grain of the devensive cover).

It was good to see the likes of Fermor in a really grinding game...no touch-footy space to run riot, just hard work and tough carries. Showed another dimension to his game and I really like what he brings.

Fogarty could be the recruit of the year. There is some data I was looking at which shows his output against some key metrics that contribute to teams having success in the NRL and he is in the top 5 halves across the board. I will try and source these and post them because it's really interesting and gives a great perspective. Keep the C on him and let him carry it through the pre-season. Would anyone be opposed to him being our captain for 2021?

Lastly I have to again acknowledge the obvious input of our coaching team..we are executing a game plan and our defensive systems are very good. This isn't new information but it's amazing how much better players look defensively with a change in system and reinvigorated attitude. The energy and effort of the players in key moments speaks volumes.

At the end of the day it is only the dragons but boy it feels good to a get a win like that with an under-strength roster

indoallstars
31-08-20, 12:46 PM
I've rewatched the game and can confirm it is still exciting the second time around.

Some of my take-outs (tl;dr, I repeat a lot of what everyone has said but make it look like an original thought):

Jamin Joliffe has the potential to be a top tier front rower. Workhorse numbers, tight defensively and some tidy footwork with a strong carry. He's got everything a quality modern day front-rower needs and I'm glad we have locked him up because he would've attracted some attention for his services.

AJ owns that #1 jersey and I for one welcome his statue outside of CBUS.

Peachey probably played his best game for us at 13 - I still don't love him being in the side but he looked like he played an actual role instead of coming on and trying too hard/being penalised for a lazy arm/making an error. He still probably looks the least enthused of the lot and I anticipate he will try to find a way back to Sydney but him playing well is a good thing if it peaks interest in him from another club.

I think Ash is playing ok. He's certainly not playing poorly and it's quite obvious there is a grudge hangover from his 2019 form as well as judging his performance against his salary (which he probably still isn't justifying) but he's playing good enough football to add value to our team and has tidied up some of his biggest deficiencies (namely first contact defensively, linespeed). He's making better decisions and is making the right play more of the time (e.g. t hat linebreak, kicking toward the corner against the grain of the devensive cover).

It was good to see the likes of Fermor in a really grinding game...no touch-footy space to run riot, just hard work and tough carries. Showed another dimension to his game and I really like what he brings.

Fogarty could be the recruit of the year. There is some data I was looking at which shows his output against some key metrics that contribute to teams having success in the NRL and he is in the top 5 halves across the board. I will try and source these and post them because it's really interesting and gives a great perspective. Keep the C on him and let him carry it through the pre-season. Would anyone be opposed to him being our captain for 2021?

Lastly I have to again acknowledge the obvious input of our coaching team..we are executing a game plan and our defensive systems are very good. This isn't new information but it's amazing how much better players look defensively with a change in system and reinvigorated attitude. The energy and effort of the players in key moments speaks volumes.

At the end of the day it is only the dragons but boy it feels good to a get a win like that with an under-strength roster

Hail Sezer I like these write ups, helps me get through the Monday work day and gives me something to look forward to with the mighty Titans.

Joliffee has been great this season, and I think he can go up another level with the right people around him and some competition.

100% agree AJ always gives it his all, probably the most integral part to the Titans roster going forward and absolutely is GC Thru n Thru. I hope he is a one club man with a statue outside CBus.

Fogarty was so composed when talking to the refs, he stuck in qcup and is now an integral part of our spine. All for keeping Fogarty as captain and hope we extend him. Our spine will only improve playing gametime with each other, just need to find the right hooker going forward.