PDA

View Full Version : Round 14: SHARKS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
09-08-20, 01:18 PM
SHARKS vs TITANS

JunctionBlock
09-08-20, 04:28 PM
Only the bunker can stop us from winning.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 04:55 PM
Here’s a challenge
They flogged us not very long ago

DavidBouveng
09-08-20, 05:32 PM
This will be a great test of where we sit in the mid range of teams.

GCTTSD
09-08-20, 05:45 PM
We always get flogger after we win do this will show how far we've come

FalconSloth
09-08-20, 07:35 PM
Winning this will give us a very good crack at making the finals. We are currently 3 wins below the sharks. If we win this game that margin goes down to only 2. Currently they only have 2 games (apart from this one) for the rest of the year which they will head into being favourites while after this game we only have the knights (last round) and raiders (next game after this one) as the top 8 teams. With 7 games to go if we win this week and lose to raiders and knights we will finish with 9 wins, the same as the sharks if they lose all their top 8 games. Add an upset in their for us against a weakened raiders team or a up and down knights team we have a chance. I might be dreaming but I’m not writing us off yet. Rabbitohs are on the same amount of points as the sharks but have an easier run and manly who are 9th have a difficult run.

TitanPremiership
09-08-20, 08:03 PM
Love the optimism Falcon and was just thinking about it as well. Although on recent performances it may be possible to even up on points, even if so I fear our for and against will let us down. Either way would be good to get on a bit of a run to build into next year.

JunctionBlock
10-08-20, 06:12 AM
I thought I heard last weekend that no QLD teams can make the finals.

gotitans101_
10-08-20, 12:25 PM
Here’s a challenge
They flogged us not very long ago

Sharkies love to flog teams sitting below them but be flogged by teams sitting above. I'm not getting too carried away with yesterday's win as the Cowboys were atrocious, but I hope we at least give this a good crack.

Mr Bods
10-08-20, 01:21 PM
Sharkies love to flog teams sitting below them but be flogged by teams sitting above. I'm not getting too carried away with yesterday's win as the Cowboys were atrocious, but I hope we at least give this a good crack.

They were very unlucky yesterday. They are a very committed team. We need to be very good.

Titanic
11-08-20, 01:32 AM
Wade Graham the enigma is my first worry and then Johnston bamboozling Sami. Last time that Afita-clone got us early so I hope Hypo can deal with him. Just my little insecurities surfacing.

Bayside Titan
11-08-20, 03:29 PM
Henry Penanara is the ref for this game.

Mr Bods
11-08-20, 03:34 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

DIEHARD
11-08-20, 03:35 PM
Kevin Proctor will celebrate his 250th NRL game on Saturday!

JunctionBlock
11-08-20, 03:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9dtmcFQ.jpg

Croc
11-08-20, 03:48 PM

Well we all know how the ref calls are going to go this week

Titanic
11-08-20, 04:18 PM
Perenara and Proctor are wantoks maybe that counts for something.

willhelm
11-08-20, 05:23 PM
God I hate Perenara

brennosboys17
11-08-20, 08:56 PM
Hearing about Henry ruined my night.....big game this one though. It's critical we keep up the momentum from the past weeks and keep developing for 2021. Cliche i know but true. Cronulla seem to have a really physical side but after watching last week's game in the wet i hope it's taken a bit out of them. I reckon the key will be shutting down Johnson. Leading in try assists this year but if we can stop his impact similar to the way we targeted morgan in defence last week i reckon fatigue may cause some wrong decisions on his part. Give hipgrave his number and let him off the leash (disciplined tho). Other than that i think we match them.

Game Notes:
Talakai and Uele seem to run a good unders line and get plenty of post contact metres so it's imperative we're on notice in the middle and not getting lazy on the inside.
Linespeed need's to stay where it's at, the improvement in that specific area has been unreal. I've noticed that a lot of the little things this year has improved e.g. pressure off the ball, pressure on the kicker, kick chase, work at marker, pushing up in pairs. If we can get those little things right, we'll go a long way.

NZFan
12-08-20, 04:58 PM
Don’t mind the cliche’s BB17 but if you start saying things like “there’s no doubt about that” or “can’t fault the boys effort” (especially if we have just been pumped by 30 points) then I’ll start to lose my sh#t.

FalconSloth
12-08-20, 07:01 PM
We are going to need a big game from Fotuaika and some of our other big middle men if we want to win. We won’t only need them to provide us with good go forward but they will need to work hard to stop those metre eating sharks forwards

Dooldog76
13-08-20, 06:08 AM
I'm actually confident about this game. We always show up against the sharks.

JunctionBlock
13-08-20, 06:55 AM
I'm actually confident about this game. We always show up against the sharks.

We lost 40-10 last time. I'm confident regarding improvement.

Mr Bods
13-08-20, 07:10 AM

The 2nd half against Cronulla was a disturbing event

Titanic
13-08-20, 11:17 AM
Hate the Sharks second only to the poncing ‘Ponies ... a Gallen and cheating coach hangover perhaps.

Dooldog76
13-08-20, 02:57 PM
. We have lost our last four games to them and apart from that blowout we have been pretty competitive otherwise with one game going down by a field goal. With improvement I think we have got this one. It feels as though we are up for it under Holbrook.

DIEHARD
13-08-20, 03:01 PM
LeagueUnlimited Sharks v Titans preview https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34953-sharks-v-titans-preview/

shamus
13-08-20, 04:42 PM
I reckin if we are close with 15 to go we will win. Last weeks conditions for the Sharks game was atrocious and I can see some tired legs toward the end of the game. I think even the Dragons have a chance against the Eels for the exact same reason

DIEHARD
14-08-20, 01:17 PM
Holbrook issues challenge to Titans
https://www.titans.com.au/

Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says it’s one thing to show form, but another to keep it going and that is the challenge for the Gold Coast side against the Sharks this weekend.

After strong performances, albeit in losing results against the Panthers and Roosters, the Titans put on a dominant display at Cbus Super Stadium in Round 13 to defeat the North Queensland Cowboys 30 points to 10.

“We’ve been playing well the last few weeks and we’ve got to keep going that way and put in a good performance against the Sharks,” Holbrook said.

The same side is expected to line up again for the Titans, with players pulling up well during the week of training.

“Everyone should be right.

“There are a couple of guys with niggles but that is standard but hopefully we can go in as named against a dangerous Sharks opposition.”

The return of AJ Brimson in the fullback jumped has sparked the Titans attack, but Holbrook says it is about the spine now getting to play a run of games together for them to really gel.

“Ash and Jamal have got a few games under their belt now.

“Corey (Thompson) filled in for us really well at fullback but AJ is probably our best player to be honest with you so to have him back and to have those two halves working with him that’s the strength of every side isn’t it – the spine and how they play.”

The Titans take on the Sharks at 3pm on Saturday with the game to be played at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium in Sydney.

Croc
14-08-20, 03:06 PM
Sami is out, Thompson in for him

JunctionBlock
14-08-20, 03:56 PM
Sami is out, Thompson in for him

I’ll be interested to see how he goes on the wing. He deserves another chance. Fermor still has a chance if Hipgrave isn’t going to be allowed to play busted this week.

Croc
14-08-20, 04:22 PM
I’ll be interested to see how he goes on the wing. He deserves another chance. Fermor still has a chance if Hipgrave isn’t going to be allowed to play busted this week.

Yeh tbh I think Thompson looks more dangerous with the ball in his hand then Sami.. Fermor looked good too with what I saw.. be good to see him more regularly!

indoallstars
14-08-20, 05:42 PM
All for Thompson taking Samis position, Sami needs some competition there to push him to the next level. Thompson is a fantastic player

DIEHARD
14-08-20, 07:47 PM
Thompson is my type of player. So I am happy to see him given a chance tomorrow.

DIEHARD
14-08-20, 08:33 PM
League Unlimited magazine. Preview on Page 12 - https://indd.adobe.com/view/bf435772-b53e-42c6-862a-c7c0285d7d5f

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/14.1.jpg

Mr Bods
14-08-20, 08:55 PM
My only disappointment is that Sami wasn’t dropped for Thompson so that Sami could have a good long think to himself about his first 5 mins of the second half last week where his showboating brought NQ back into the contest

DIEHARD
15-08-20, 01:20 AM
Sharks wary of improved Titans
AAP

Cronulla coach John Morris says Gold Coast will jump a few teams at the back end of the NRL season, but is confident it won’t be the Sharks on Saturday.

Despite not getting the results, the Titans have vastly improved under new coach Justin Holbrook this season and as well as a win over North Queensland, pushed both Sydney Roosters and Penrith over the last three weeks.

And after a tight loss to Parramatta in horrendous conditions last week, the Sharks need to bounce back to stay inside the NRL’s top eight.

The Titans have only won four games this season but will pose a threat to semi-finals chances to any team that dare underestimate them.

“I know Justin and he’s a great character and he’s got all those young guys buying in,” Morris said on Friday.

“He’s got Ash Taylor playing well and playing a nice brand of footy, they like to move the ball around and they like to shift the ball around as much as anyone in the competition.

“They’ve got strike all over the park, they’ve got good kickers of the football and some grunt in the middle with Jai Arrow and those sorts of guys who can get them going forward.

“They’re a well-balanced team and I think they’re really going to jump into a lot of sides over the remainder of the competition.”

The Sharks are sitting eighth on the NRL ladder and need to make a run over the last seven weeks to separate themselves from a log jam of teams in the middle.

For the Titans, the return of AJ Brimson has sparked their attack over the past fortnight but coach Justin Holbrook wants to build more cohesion with the spine.

“Ash and Jamal (Fogarty) have got a few games under their belt now,” Holbrook said.

“Corey (Thompson) filled in for us really well at fullback but AJ is probably our best player to be honest with you so to have him back and to have those two halves working with him that’s the strength of every side isn’t it – the spine and how they play.”

STATS THAT MATTER

* The Sharks have scored the most tries in the NRL (4.5 per game) while the Titans are averaging the equal second-fewest (2.5 per game along with the Broncos), only the Bulldogs are scoring less (2.1 per game).

* The Titans have won just one of six matches as the away team this season (round 7 against the Broncos).

* Cronulla are missing the most tackles in the NRL (30.1 per game).

indoallstars
15-08-20, 09:57 AM
Game day baby!!

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 01:20 PM
Some late changes Don/TBoyd out and Young T/Fermor in
Sadly Sydney Perenara has found the ground

Croc
15-08-20, 01:37 PM
Some late changes Don/TBoyd out and Young T/Fermor in
Sadly Sydney Perenara has found the ground

I like the changes! Pitty about the ref

NZFan
15-08-20, 01:53 PM
Big fan of those changes. Looking for to seeing how YT goes coming out from our own end.

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 01:59 PM
I was feeling good mid week and with these changes reckon we're even bigger of a chance.

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 02:14 PM
Who missed that tackle on Dugan? Was it Peats?

edit: watched replay. Hipgrave and Peats.

- - - Updated - - -

****ing Hipgrave.

TitansState
15-08-20, 02:15 PM
Bloody hell Hipgrave, can't wait til we have Fifita there

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 02:15 PM
Honestly, what do some of you see in him?

He's a ****ing liability more than anything.

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 02:20 PM
How did that even happen?

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 02:20 PM
How did that even happen?

Trying to offload and pass out of our own half. Nice run Kelly but the pass wasn't on.

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 02:21 PM
I think I’m a jinx. Just turned it on. Forward pass. Knock on. Try to Dugan. Sorry guys.

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 02:22 PM
Johnson looks a bit groggy. Anyone know what’s happening there?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I’m a jinx. Just turned it on. Forward pass. Knock on. Try to Dugan. Sorry guys.

It was probably me. I was talking up Taylor for QLD after the try assist..

lonegull
15-08-20, 02:27 PM
Why is it when we play Sharks is it they let Shaun Johnson run and dictate terms

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 02:27 PM
Proctor must have had a contract offer during the week. Back to his usual standard trying to defend next to Tsylors useless ass

TitansState
15-08-20, 02:29 PM
Sharks were looking so sluggish at that start. Really needed to hold momentum there and take advantage of it. We're beating ourselves.

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 02:34 PM
It's all started by our poor end to sets. Build pressure on the Sharks fat forwards and we win.

- - - Updated - - -

Hipgrave AGAIN

- - - Updated - - -

Please, please please, Fermor in for Hipgrave next week. PLEASE

- - - Updated - - -

WTF is wrong with Proctor?

Stupid. BUILD PRESSURE. BE PATIENT. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. Stop going for the hail Mary pass.

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 02:39 PM
Can someone tell me the difference between Mo in the Broncos game being on Lodge for a few seconds and Johnson's 8 second hold on Thompson there? That whole set they were lying all over us.

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 02:40 PM
Looks like it might be Arrow’s troublesome ribs again

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 02:46 PM
lmao how do you let Wallace score

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 02:46 PM
Wallace would be a great player for us if he could keep his discipline up.

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 02:49 PM
lmao how do you let Wallace score

Hahaha just said the same thing “ how do you let Wallace score against you, he’s ****”

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 02:56 PM
Sydney Perenara needs to get over it

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 03:09 PM
Hipgrave you lucky sob

Loose carry.

- - - Updated - - -

NOT in my team next year:

Hipgrave
Peachey

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 03:10 PM
I think we are a better team for the changes to our outside backs.

Apologies for that kiss of death.

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 03:11 PM
There we go. Copley gone again. Just give up football ffs.

TitansState
15-08-20, 03:11 PM
And there's the classic lazy peachy arm

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 03:14 PM
Copley gooooooonnnnneeeeeee. Oops

Hail Sezer
15-08-20, 03:19 PM
Low percentage play after low percentage play. Killing us.

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 03:26 PM
If he bit him that’s his career done

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 03:26 PM
He wasn’t putting any pressure on. Johnson’s arm was right in his mouth and he was keeping his mouth open.

Hail Sezer
15-08-20, 03:27 PM
KP making his 250th memorable and probably his last.

Here comes the blow out

NZTITAN
15-08-20, 03:27 PM
F***ing pathetic from Proctor, lost us the game.

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 03:35 PM
If he bit him that’s his career done

good thing we haven't re-signed him yet

- - - Updated - - -

jeez it's quiet in here.

come on boys.

Proctor won't be here next year. And his few good games he's had for us doesn't make up for how average he's been since Holbrook got here. Weed out the pretenders...he is one.

TitansState
15-08-20, 03:36 PM

- - - Updated - - -

jeez it's quiet in here.

come on boys.

Proctor won't be here next year. And his few good games he's had for us doesn't make up for his averageness of the past 3 years.

Fuming.

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 03:36 PM

- - - Updated - - -

jeez it's quiet in here.

come on boys.

Proctor won't be here next year. And his few good games he's had for us doesn't make up for how average he's been since Holbrook got here. Weed out the pretenders...he is one.

I've gone quiet as otherwise I would be screaming profanities.

lonegull
15-08-20, 03:37 PM
Henry perenara has to be the worst ref in nrl history this bloke would know how to ref an under 6 game, he loses control so easy of a game some of his calls are disrespectful deadset joke

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 03:38 PM
Henry perenara has to be the worst ref in nrl history this bloke would know how to ref an under 6 game, he loses control so easy of a game some of his calls are disrespectful deadset joke

What are you referring to? Would you argue the bite wasn't worthy of a send-off?

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 03:39 PM
No bite there. Disgraceful stuff Bunker and Perenara. Got a mouth guard in and is getting up to play the ball. Hang your head Perenara.

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 03:40 PM
No bite there. Disgraceful stuff Bunker and Perenara. Got a mouth guard in and is getting up to play the ball. Hang your head Perenara.

You're joking right?

TitansState
15-08-20, 03:42 PM

Proctor didn't even argue it, his response was he was choking me.

BundyTitan
15-08-20, 03:43 PM
What are you referring to? Would you argue the bite wasn't worthy of a send-off?

Ill put it this way, that was the first time in history someone has been sent off for biting. Every other time it is a sin bin. Sure enough we get smashed with the first ever

IMO it wasn't a bite, Johnson was choking him and Proctor's top teeth came down on his arm

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 03:43 PM
It probably looked worse than it was in all fairness but only Proctor can answer whether it was a bite or not because you can't really tell if there is any actual pressure on the arm. At this point just happy he hasn't been re-signed as yet.

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 03:44 PM
You're joking right?

Have a look at it
Mouth Guard in and getting up to play it as you do
No teeth marks either

On the bright side the most costly players today through injury ETC Copley Proctor Hipgrave Arrow I can’t see being here next year after today’s train wreck

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 03:44 PM
So Dugan gets two HIAs with no contact to the head but limps off for both.

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 03:45 PM
Have a look at it
Mouth Guard in and getting up to play it as you do
No teeth marks either

On the bright side the most costly players today through injury ETC Copley Proctor Hipgrave Arrow I can’t see being here next year after today’s train wreck

I'll have another look at it.

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 03:46 PM
I'll have another look at it.

I do watch with very biased eyes I admit

Hail Sezer
15-08-20, 03:50 PM
Nice little variation there. Good play by Jamal getting the repeat set too.

gotitans101_
15-08-20, 03:50 PM
Clear as day...not sure wtf you guys were watching. Just click the link...for some reason pics on this forum can't exceed a huge 8kb:

https://i.imgur.com/lyGyYgY.png

and that doesn't work either. Just copy/paste it.

**** it.

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 03:52 PM
Don’t remember what I was googling this morning but one of the search results came up Leiana Latu leaves Titans early. God we had some horrible signings under Brennan.

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 03:53 PM
In a positive Fermor in for Proctor next week. Keen.

Hail Sezer
15-08-20, 03:55 PM
Fermy gonna get some good time to make that left edge his own

Sorry edited for expletive/exciteable language

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 03:56 PM
Queue the Johnson in Proctors mouth jokes......

Way to much teeth for my liking.

Hail Sezer
15-08-20, 04:02 PM
Clear as day...not sure wtf you guys were watching. Just click the link...for some reason pics on this forum can't exceed a huge 8kb:

https://i.imgur.com/lyGyYgY.png

and that doesn't work either. Just copy/paste it.

**** it.

Smooth delivery

I agree with you

- - - Updated - - -

I always cringe when I see Peats try and do something clearly outside of his skill set. Like grubber the ball. Never gets it right.

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 04:04 PM
I always cringe when I see Peats try and do something clearly outside of his skill set. Like grubber the ball. Never gets it right.

Nothing to lose at that point.

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 04:04 PM
A win there would have put us within 2 wins of the eight but instead we are four wins behind the team that was 8th and had the hardest draw

willhelm
15-08-20, 04:05 PM
I’m not convinced it was a bite. His mouth was open and Johnson was pushing his arm into it. I don’t see him clamp down at any point.

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 04:08 PM
Sorry but don’t ever let Mal lead a legal defence. “Did Shaun ever make a claim that KP bit him?” Ummmm did you watch the game. Thought at least one of your two jobs would have encouraged you to watch a game.

Shaun wants it to go no further and then Cooper Cronk digs the knife into an ex team mate and says he deserves to go further fo the integrity of the game. Jesus. Take your halo off you wanker.

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 04:09 PM
I agree. If he put any intent into it there would be a mark and most likely blood

Croc
15-08-20, 04:09 PM
I’m not convinced it was a bite. His mouth was open and Johnson was pushing his arm into it. I don’t see him clamp down at any point.

Exactly my thoughts.. I didn’t see him bite down.. all I see is Johnson’s arm in pressing into his mouth..

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 04:11 PM
Jesus now Mal just said it’s hard to defend!!!! Shut him up

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 04:11 PM
He didn’t bite down at all
These people in the Sydney Fox Studios might want to look at the vision

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 04:12 PM
The footage from the dressing room after the game shows Proctor telling his team mates that it wasn’t a bite. If he is still defending it it shows that at least he thinks that he is innocent

Just-a-Fan
15-08-20, 04:13 PM
I dont like bagging player that are trying their guts out for us and fighting for anew contract but
WTF its a bite plain and simple I had no problem with the send off as well I was also saying send him off
But to be honest we player with some much grit today was 1 off our best games as in not giving up
AJ Kelly Thompson down that left side nearly turned it our way
I see Young will get the right centre spot again as Glass gets shattered again
PEACHY FU*K HIM OFF the team he is so overrated and just does silly thing when we are attacking the line
Rant over I am Proud to be a TITAN today

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 04:20 PM
I dont like bagging player that are trying their guts out for us and fighting for anew contract but
WTF its a bite plain and simple I had no problem with the send off as well I was also saying send him off
But to be honest we player with some much grit today was 1 off our best games as in not giving up
AJ Kelly Thompson down that left side nearly turned it our way
I see Young will get the right centre spot again as Glass gets shattered again
PEACHY FU*K HIM OFF the team he is so overrated and just does silly thing when we are attacking the line
Rant over I am Proud to be a TITAN today

Agree with legit all of this very proud of the team today (except still 50/50 on the bite), showed a lot of fight and probably deserved the win but we just continue to be let down by Peachey and in this instance Proctor. I am not saying Peachey directly lost us this game but more so he just gives away penalties/errors every week without fail which is continually puts us on the back foot and really hasn't shown anything to warrant a spot. I'm just happy to see us being competitive and we look exciting going forward so onto next week!

DIEHARD
15-08-20, 04:27 PM
We weren't sharp today but we showed flashes. I was very very happy with Thompson. He gave us so much.

To be 12-12 with 25 to go was impressive and fortunate. But losing Proctor and playing with 12 (with two on the bench) for 25 mins meant it was all over. I was happy it wasn't the blow out I feared. I really wanted to switch off but I was glad to see Holbrook come down to the bench and see us score another try.

We had a couple other close scores in the game too.

The problem with the bite is that its all such a grey area. I would like to see Johnson's arm. But I accept that it is probably a bite. And that Proctor has played his last game for the Titans. Unless he gets resigned. Happy 250th.

In the end we still showed lots of grit and that continues to be recognised.

DIEHARD
15-08-20, 04:31 PM
Titans skipper Kevin Proctor sent off for biting Shaun Johnson
https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

Kevin Proctor may have played his last game in the NRL and despite being bitten by his former Kiwis teammate Shaun Johnson declared “that shouldn’t tarnish his reputation”.

Proctor became the first player sent from the field in premiership history for biting after damning video footage showed the incident clearly. Johnson and Proctor shook hands and the Sharks halfback said they “exchanged (friendly) words”.

“What happens on the field stays on the field,” Johnson said. “I’ve got nothing but love and respect for Kevvie. He has been a terrific player for so long. I know he would be disappointed with how it ended. That shouldn’t tarnish his reputation. That’s all I have to say about it.”

While Johnson said he “doesn’t see the value of taking it any further than what’s happened” there is little doubt Proctor won’t play again this year and being off-contract he faces an uncertain future, in what was his 250th game.

Ex-Bulldogs prop James Graham was whacked with a 12-game ban for biting Billy Slater in the 2012.

“We were both heated in the middle of the game ... whatever happened happened and we’re still mates,” Johnson told Fox League.

“I just spoke to him (after the game), it’s his 250th and I didn’t want this to dampen it.

“He’s been a great player for so long ... nothing but respect for him.

The scores were level at 12-12 before the drama unfolded leading to the Titans leaking three tries in seven minutes. Proctor was carrying the ball and protested Johnson was trying to choke him. Johnson made the Titans pay instantly laying on try to Sione Katoa with their first set with an extra man.

Sharks skipper Wade Graham, who scored soon after, was placed on report for a high tackle on Keegan Hipgrave.

STARTING FAST

The Titans impressed early. They took full advantage of poor defensive reads from Cronulla’s right defensive edge led by winger Ronaldo Mulitalo whose propensity to rush in almost cost his side a handful of times.

The Titans looked sharp through Brian Kelly, Corey Thompson and Ash Taylor. It was Thompson who scored first with a cut out pass from Taylor catching the Sharks short after five minutes.

Ill-discipline both with and without the ball cost the Titans and allowed the Sharks back into the game. The Sharks went close to scoring through Aaron Woods only to be held up by Titans fullback AJ Brimson.

Josh Dugan, who limped from the field with an ankle injury in the second half, scored Cronulla’s first with a traditional try-assist by Wade Graham. The Sharks had the lead midway through the second half when Johnson laid on a try to Siosifa Talakai 12-16.

Kelly's chaotic kick-off fail

The Titans struck back with a solo effort through Jai Arrow with the final play of the first half. Arrow carried through three defenders to score and level the scores.

Proctor had an unhappy game, bombing the first try scoring opportunity of the second half when he fumbled a grubber in the in-goal.

ARROW’S WOES

South Sydney bound lock Jai Arrow may have played his final game for the Titans because of a shoulder injury. Arrow fell awkwardly when being tackled by Cronulla defenders late in the first half, hurting his AC joint and with just six games left in the season scans will dictate if his stint at the Titans is over. The Titans also lost centre Dale Copely early in the second half with a pectoral injury.

DIEHARD
15-08-20, 04:37 PM
SHARKS vs TITANS highlights
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bXWAlSvRFRI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ausphin
15-08-20, 04:41 PM
Regardless your take on the bite issue, I think that was an opportunity lost. In the grand scheme of things this season a win here doesn't change much, but going in to this round I had the feeling both the eels and sharks maybe run out of gas late in their games due to their slog fest in the rain last week. 12-12 at halftime I strongly believed we may have been able to run over the top of them late in the game.

Proctors send-off killed any chance we had. The footage wasn't as clear cut as James Graham on Slater in the GF, but they way Proctor responded, claimed he was being choked and how remorseful he seemed after the game I think he knew he messed up.

Regardless I was really impressed with our effort. With a man advantage the Sharks put on a couple of quick tries and I thought they might put 50 on us, but we fought hard, even scored a try and had a late chance to give them a scare.

a_guest
15-08-20, 04:51 PM
Disgusting from Procter.

As a foundation member I want to see him suspended well into next season for that. This is not the kind of garbage we want heading into 2021.

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 04:53 PM
Disgusting from Procter.

As a foundation member I want to see him suspended well into next season for that. This is not the kind of garbage we want heading into 2021.

Jog on champ. Focus on TPJ etc.

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 05:25 PM
Holbrook very angry at Perenara and the Bunker
These Sydney pricks strike again
This is Proctor’s reputation and future Livelihood on the line here and they’ve just let Sydney emotion get to them
Sydney Perenara Ex Cronulla player couldn’t send him off quick enough

And as for Johnson....

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 05:47 PM
Disgusting from Procter.

Foundation Drongoe Troll

FalconSloth
15-08-20, 05:58 PM
I might have heard it wrong but it sounded like Holbrook said that Johnson appolagised to Proctor. I don’t know if that means anything but it could be a sign that it was more Johnson than Proctor

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 06:04 PM
Holbrook very angry at Perenara and the Bunker
These Sydney pricks strike again
This is Proctor’s reputation and future Livelihood on the line here and they’ve just let Sydney emotion get to them
Sydney Perenara Ex Cronulla player couldn’t send him off quick enough

And as for Johnson....

I will be very interested to see how Proctor goes at the Judiciary... There is no way he doesn't fight it and if he isn't charged there, surely a lot of pressure has to be put on Perenara and the Bunker for literally calling us out of the game. If the game was called fairly I honestly believe we were easily the better team. Add to that there is no penalty on Johnson for ruining what could've been a great game of footy. Originally I was absolutely fuming at Proctor but the more I watch it the less it looks like a bite and more it looks like he is literally trying to turn his head so he can breathe. How is the NRL not catching on to the fact Holbrook has had to stay quiet in both games Perenara has reffed for us lately? Just give us any other ref for gods sake.

JunctionBlock
15-08-20, 06:04 PM
I think Proctor may have explained the gravity of the situation to Shaun after the game and Shaun is trying his hardest to not see Proctors career end. Sharks got the win so no need for it to carry on if he can help it. Not sure what it will do for his case. Hopefully helps rather than nothing.

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 06:10 PM

One bloke Struggles with a sense of fairness and doesn’t know when to stop...the other one is Anthony Watmough

Allshot
15-08-20, 06:34 PM

One bloke is a *edit*and a *edit* with no sense of fairness...the other one is Anthony Watmough

You have to be the biggest idiot on here. It is undebatable that he bit him. If you can't see that, than you are as blind as you are stupid.

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 06:35 PM
You have to be the biggest idiot on here. It is undebatable that he bit him. If you can't see that, than you are as blind as you are stupid.

Plenty agree with me but it’s good I’ve triggered you again.
Mods I’ve put this guy on ignore
Please deal with him if he is out of line

bodsyouweakdog
15-08-20, 06:48 PM
Plenty agree with me but it’s good I’ve triggered you again.
Mods I’ve put this guy on ignore
Please deal with him if he is out of line

They may agree with you, but they aren't resorting to calling the man a *edit* and a *edit*. I've been reading this forum for years, and the only *edit* here is you as far as i'm concerned.

And put me on ignore all you want mate, it's not hard to make a new account

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 06:50 PM
And that ones blocked too

TitanPremiership
15-08-20, 06:50 PM
I am no @Numbers etc. admittedly, however, I did some referee penalty count numbers in titans games...
In the form of (Penalties/6 again Conceded - Penalties/6 again Received)

Perenara: (38/13 - 18/13)
Average/game: (9.5/4.67 - 4.5/4.67). *(8/4.67 - 5.33/4.67)*
*Note: There was one game without ruck infringements so they were divided by 3 whereas penalties by 4. Discounting the round before is shown with the*.

Other referees: (48/40 - 54/31)
Average/game: (4.8/4.44 - 5.4/3.44)

Take from that what you will... I know from game to game it varies but I doubt the defensive tendencies change ridiculous amounts week to week and yet for some reason our penalty count absolutely skyrockets when we play with him. This isn't taking into account non-called forward passes of which I am sure I picked up a few today as well which are hard to quantify. 10 games with 48 penalties with other refs and 4 games for 38 is a pretty large margin and god is it noticeable.

Edit: Bodsy I love your passion and although I am not directly calling Perenara the aforementioned names, I want to agree. Obviously I hope it is not intentional on his behalf but it is hard to ignore that there does seem to be evident bias against us at times.

DIEHARD
15-08-20, 06:56 PM
Post-Match Press-Conference
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/08/15/post-match-press-conference/?fbclid=IwAR3tp4rSMS3tcsNae47dDivvbrek_fXWKUP0HZdi-1JmB6J6fxf5mFC_Ut0

Dooldog76
15-08-20, 06:59 PM
I looked up our winning percentage under perenara. It is 39%. I am still not convinced it was a bite. Really needed to see Johnson's arm. Getting the impression that both players are a bit embarrassed post match. On a positive, ash is starting to improve game by game and Kelly is the consistently the best player in our team at the moment.

DIEHARD
15-08-20, 06:59 PM
1. I think people need to really dial down their slurs on people. I'm seeing it far too much. And ultimately you'll get me in trouble.
2. Don't sign up to multiple accounts.

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 07:04 PM
Obviously the guy who does the multiple accounts attacks at me just wants to come here and do his hate at me again but I’m noticing the Perenara thing being expressed here, on twitter and on FB.
The cheat thing was a bit of exaggeration to go with me putting his photo up in the Cronulla jersey however there’s clearly an issue there that’s building.

TitansState
15-08-20, 07:08 PM
Fox released clear audio with subtitles of the exchange. Right after things cooled down Johnson literally says he doesn't want the penalty so whatever that means. You also hear Proctor saying "Mate, he was choking me" after he gets sent.

This is so stupid tbh. I'd rather these guys just be complete honest about what happened then trying to save face.

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 07:11 PM
1. I think people need to really dial down their slurs on people. I'm seeing it far too much. And ultimately you'll get me in trouble.
2. Don't sign up to multiple accounts.

In respect to you I’ll go back and edit it

DIEHARD
15-08-20, 07:21 PM
Thanks Bod. I appreciate it.

Mr Bods
15-08-20, 07:39 PM
Thanks Bod. I appreciate it.

I tried to be funny but I rushed it. Could have done a way better job.

https://twitter.com/erin_molan/status/1294522486785114112?s=21

As in the tweet above and comments with it There’s plenty of support for Proctor around in being innocent

Boonarga
16-08-20, 11:11 AM
To be a bite, the mouth actually has to close or at least attempt to. Quit being so gullible.

Mr Bods
16-08-20, 11:20 AM
To be a bite, the mouth actually has to close or at least attempt to. Quit being so gullible.

The support by non Titans people That it wasn’t a bite is growing. Not everyone in the world thankfully is a lemming.
WOOF WOOF

willhelm
16-08-20, 12:15 PM
Meanwhile, the lemmings over at Reddit are clambering over each other to reach the top of the virtue pile. Good lord that place is a cesspool. I considered joining once, but after seeing some poor fool lambasted for standing up for De Belin’s right to a fair trial, I decided to stick to browsing Facebook instead. In Proctor’s case, there’s not even a cursory thought given to hearing his side of the story or that the video/photographic evidence could potentially be misleading. Just straight to witch burning and self-aggrandisement.

As Erin Molan points out, the arm was being pushed into his mouth and he does not clamp down. This does not constitute a bite, no matter how much the still images make it appear to be one. Add in the context that he has poor nasal airflow due to prior broken noses and there is a good chance that the judiciary will see it that way too. Perhaps if he yelled “I can’t breathe” and called Perenara a bastard, he wouldn’t have been sent off.

Mr Bods
16-08-20, 12:19 PM
You are a stronger man than I am venturing onto reddit

willhelm
16-08-20, 12:20 PM
You are a stronger man than I am venturing onto reddit

It’s a great resource for news. Just stay away from the comments.

Mr Bods
16-08-20, 12:36 PM
It’s a great resource for news. Just stay away from the comments.

I just took your advice and got this

League greats Brad Fittler and Peter Sterling have come to the defence of Titans back-rower Kevin Proctor, as confirmation came through he would be referred straight to the judiciary over his alleged bite on Sharks halfback Shaun Johnson.

Proctor faces a long-term ban if he is charged by the match review committee, which could potentially end his season prematurely.

Former Bulldogs skipper James Graham received a 12-week ban for his bite on Billy Slater in the 2012 Grand Final.

However Fittler believes Proctor had little choice given the style of tackle that Johnson used on the Titans skipper.

“The fact is his arm is right in his mouth anyway,” Fittler said.

“The tackling technique he has hold of his shoulder. Poor old Kevin Proctor, the bloke has got his forearm right down his throat. What are you supposed to do?”

Fittler believes that Proctor’s reaction in no way compares to Graham’s bite on Slater.

“His mouth was around his arm, but I don’t think he had much other chance for it not to be,” Fittler said.

“Shaun doesn’t realise where his arm was and then obviously he felt something, but I feel sympathy for Kevin Proctor that a bloke’s forearm is sitting straight across his lips.

“It doesn’t really compare to James Graham’s at all.”

Peter Sterling questioned why Proctor can potentially be charged without an official complaint being lodged.

“The interesting one for me is that I was always under the understanding that there had to be an official complaint made,” Sterling said.

“When is the responsibility taken away? When does it become official if no official complaint is made?”

Meanwhile Broncos forward Payne Haas is facing two to three weeks on the sideline for dangerous contact of the head and neck.

WOOF

Mr Bods
16-08-20, 02:20 PM
Exclusive interview: Gold Coast Titans star Kevin Proctor says he didn’t bite Cronulla’s Shaun Johnson
Peter Badel and Robert Craddock, The Courier-Mail
August 16, 2020 2:47pm
Subscriber only
Shattered Titans skipper Kevin Proctor has broken his silence to declare he did not bite Shaun Johnson and will “fight to the death” to defend his name and reputation at the NRL judiciary.

In his only interview on the saga, Proctor told News Corp of his devastation at the allegations and vowed to preserve his 12-year record as a cleanskin after being referred to the NRL judiciary for biting Sharks halfback Johnson.

Proctor became the first player in NRL history to be sent-off for biting an opponent, tainting his 250th-game milestone in the Gold Coast’s 30-18 loss to the Sharks on Saturday.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

But Proctor will maintain his innocence and claims Johnson, his New Zealand Test teammate, even went to the effort of apologising to him after emotions ran high during an on-field spat between the pair.

MORE IN SPORT
Things got out of hand quickly.
Star’s freak injuries in storm ‘mayhem’
Star’s freak injuries in storm ‘mayhem’
Ben Murphy in the GPS First XV rugby match between Nudgee College and Ipswich Grammar School at Nudgee, Saturday, August 15, 2020 - Picture: Richard Walker
GPS rugby: Nudgee’s great blue and white wall
GPS rugby: Nudgee’s great blue and white wall

Television replays showed Johnson’s arm lodged near the face of Proctor, whose mouth makes contact in a desperate bid to avoid being choked.

Proctor claims he cannot breathe through his nose due to sinus problems which require surgery. Photographers captured a visible mark on Johnson’s arm but Proctor slammed suggestions it is a bite wound.

Titans' Kevin Proctor gets his marching orders at Kogarah Oval. Picture. Phil Hillyard
Titans' Kevin Proctor gets his marching orders at Kogarah Oval. Picture. Phil Hillyard
“I will be telling the NRL judiciary I didn’t bite Shaun Johnson,” Proctor said.

“My record in this game speaks for itself.

“I didn’t bite him, I am 100 per cent on that.

“I will fight to the death to clear my name.

“Rugby league has been going on for 112 years and no-one has ever been sent off for alleged biting.

“I’m so pissed off about this.

“To be accused of biting someone is the lowest thing you can face as a footballer.”

MORE NRL NEWS

‘Didn’t look good’: Crazy bite could end Proctor’s NRL career

Axed: Pangai Jr launches legal battle against Broncos

Tallis: How Seibold lost the trust of his players

Since his NRL debut in 2008, Proctor has been placed on report just once in his career for a dangerous throw in 2012. As it was a grade-one offence, Proctor escaped suspension.

Former Bulldogs prop James Graham was suspended for 12 games for biting Billy Slater in the 2012 grand final, but Proctor is adamant he did not intentionally attack Johnson and is seething at being dismissed by referee Henry Perenara.

Titans' Kevin Proctor and Cronulla's Shaun Johnson come together after Johnson was allegedly bitten by Proctor in a tackle. Picture. Phil Hillyard
Titans' Kevin Proctor and Cronulla's Shaun Johnson come together after Johnson was allegedly bitten by Proctor in a tackle. Picture. Phil Hillyard
The 31-year-old said he broke down in the sheds because he felt he had failed his Titans teammates as captain.

“It was a massive over-reaction from the refs in my eyes,” he said.

“I’m hoping the NRL can show some understanding on this.

“Being sent off and embarrassed for something I did not do was penalty enough.

“It was a weird situation. I felt like I was being choked. I could feel my mouth being forced open and the pressure on my throat was getting tighter and tighter. I was finding it harder to breathe.

“I couldn’t believe I would get sent off. I actually thought I was going to get the penalty for ‘Shauny’ putting his forearm around my throat and face.

“My honest answer is I didn’t bite Shaun. I have played 250 games of NRL and never been suspended. I have never bitten anyone in my life. I don’t want to be portrayed as a biter because no player in the NRL wants to be seen as a dirty player like that.

“I’m devastated because my 250th game will be remembered for me being sent off for biting someone. That dampens my achievement forever, it’s a sour ending to a milestone game.

“I am filthy that I let my teammates down. We were still in the battle, it was 12-all, and because of my send off we lost the game.”

Kevin Proctor says he didn’t bite Shaun Johnson.
Kevin Proctor says he didn’t bite Shaun Johnson.
Proctor and Johnson exchanged a savage war of words at the time of the incident but the Titans skipper said the pair sorted the issue out after the match. Proctor says the incident “happened so fast out there”.

“I ran at him and all I remember is his arm coming around my throat then face and mouth,” he recalled.

“He got up whingeing saying, ‘You bit me, You bit me’. I said, ‘Bull**** bro, I never bit you’. He said, ‘So you didn’t bite me?’ I said, ‘No way mate’.

“The ref then heard it and decided to get involved and sent me off.

“If Shaun has a mark on his arm, it could be from him forcing his arm into my face and mouth. It should have gone on report and dealt with after the game. It shouldn’t have been a send-off.

“I have played with Shaun in New Zealand teams for 10 years. We consider ourselves mates.

FOXSPORTS2:08
No hard feelings after bite
NRL: Cronulla Sharks half Shaun Johnson spoke with the Fox League panel to discuss the biting incident that saw Titans captain Kevin Proctor sent...
“We had a good talk after the game and Shaun actually said sorry to me. He said ‘Mate I didn’t want this to happen to you in your 250th game’. He didn’t think it was going to be more than a penalty. He felt bad that he played a part in me getting sent off.

“Not once did I think I would get sent-off. We were having a heated argument as mates do. When you know opposition players so well, you often have that banter to get one over them.

“I initially thought I got sent to the sin bin for 10 minutes. After that 10 minutes, I said to our football manager Anthony Laffranchi, ‘How many minutes left?’ and he said, ‘Mate you are gone for the game’.

“I thought the sin bin was bad, but when I realised I was sent off, I was gutted.”

Proctor said another factor in his clash with Johnson may have been his long-time sinus problems related to repeated nose breaks. He has seen doctors and specialists to explore sinus surgery to clear his airways.

Kevin Proctor and Shaun Johnson after the match.
Kevin Proctor and Shaun Johnson after the match.
“I actually have breathing problems because my nose is a mess,” he said.

“I’ve broken it that many times. I’ve seen specialists about my sinus problems. I breathe through my mouth. There is no air that goes in or out of my nose.

“I’ve looked into surgery and I can’t have my nose repaired until my career is over.

“It’s hard me to breathe day to day but that’s the price I’ve paid as a professional league player.

“I would never intentionally go into a game to bite someone. It shouldn’t have been a send-off.”

The Titans are supporting their captain and will defend the charge with coach Justin Holbrook saying the matter now rests with the NRL judiciary.

NSW Origin coach Brad Fittler told Channel Nine he felt Proctor was the victim of an awkward tackle.

“Poor old Kevin Proctor — the bloke has his forearm right down his throat,’’ Fittler said.

“What are you supposed to do? His mouth ws around his arm but he did not really have a chance for it not to be.

“I feel sorry for Kevin Proctor that a bloke’s forearm is sitting straight across his lip.”

The List of Dogs like Me who say this is a travesty is growing and growing. So to my favourite troll I say again WOOF!!

Mr Bods
16-08-20, 03:32 PM
https://twitter.com/nrlonnine/status/1294871418979659776?s=21

Two More Dogs that agree with those of us that stand with Kevin
Gallen and Gould

To my darling troll-WOOF!!!

TitansState
16-08-20, 04:50 PM
All I needed to hear from one of these two. A straight answer. If SJ wants to beat around the bush and not say whether he bit him or not, I'm siding with Kevvie on this one. Gus also made some good points re what SJ didn't do.

Mr Bods
16-08-20, 06:03 PM
https://twitter.com/philgould15/status/1294888529990832132?s=21

Perineum should never referee us again

willhelm
16-08-20, 10:01 PM
lol @ Henry Perineum

DavidBouveng
16-08-20, 10:21 PM
Sending KP for having an open mouth on someone’s arm, with no vision of a bite or clamping motion is such a ridiculous over reach.

skip past penalty, reporting, sin bin and be the first person sent for biting. FMS I was livid. And you can tell from proctors surprisingly articulate words on the incident that he will not surrender to the accusation and will fight for innocence, as well as medical / logical reason why an arm over his mouth is dangerous for him.

their is a ground swell building and perhaps he might get off from it.

lastly, why can we not infer Henry or any referee may be biased or act without integrity, but the players integrity is questioned so easily and they will call him a liar basically

lonegull
17-08-20, 05:53 AM
Sending KP for having an open mouth on someone’s arm, with no vision of a bite or clamping motion is such a ridiculous over reach.

skip past penalty, reporting, sin bin and be the first person sent for biting. FMS I was livid. And you can tell from proctors surprisingly articulate words on the incident that he will not surrender to the accusation and will fight for innocence, as well as medical / logical reason why an arm over his mouth is dangerous for him.

their is a ground swell building and perhaps he might get off from it.

lastly, why can we not infer Henry or any referee may be biased or act without integrity, but the players integrity is questioned so easily and they will call him a liar basically

Well said DB couldn't agree more

NZFan
17-08-20, 06:48 AM
Well put DB. It was good to see Holbrook completely supported Proctor as well. I don’t understand why the refs are a protected breed. All the players are subject to the media when they make mistakes, why aren’t the refs?

On another note, I thought both of our wingers did a great job. I was sceptical about Thompson playing there because of his size but he did a great job making meters and didn’t back down on defence. I won’t rush into saying he should be there long term as my preference is still a bigger body but credit where it is due. YT also did an admiral job. He carried with physicality all day and the play that I really enjoyed is when he was one on one with the winger 5m out from the line and instead of cutting back in or surrendering he ran straight over top of his opposite and came within inches of putting the ball down. I’m a big believer that if a half chance is created then you have to go for it. It takes a lot to create a half chance in this game so when it presents itself you need to back yourself. In the long run I do think he is better suited as a centre though.

Mr Bods
17-08-20, 08:33 AM
Beautiful post DB
Titans record under Perineum is 2 out of 15 or 13%
Our club all Time winning percentage is 40%

Bayside Titan
17-08-20, 09:04 AM
Well said DB.

Titanic
17-08-20, 10:24 AM
With you DB ... I’m going to ask Ikin his opinion and maybe it coming from China might give it some novelty value.

Mr Bods
17-08-20, 01:20 PM
Shark supporter Buzz is having a cry because Gould says KP didn’t bite Johnson
We have that to look forward to tonight on 360

Titanic
17-08-20, 02:41 PM
Attacked the head of a player means what?

JunctionBlock
17-08-20, 03:15 PM
With you DB ... I’m going to ask Ikin his opinion and maybe it coming from China might give it some novelty value.

Speaking on Fox League’s Super Saturday, ex-Queensland playmaker and NRL 360 host Ben Ikin said: “We all saw a bite. He (Proctor) clearly thinks that he didn’t bite him on purpose.

“Based on what I’ve seen thus far, that looks and smells like a bite to me.”

Former NSW five-eighth Braith Anasta was in Ikin’s camp.

“I agree. I called the game, I watched it live, I still think it’s a bite” he said.

“The fact that he’s so strong on it, I’m starting to doubt myself a little bit … but unless I’m going crazy I still believe it is a bite.”

Daily Telegraph rugby league reporter Phil Rothfield is in no doubt Proctor is guilty. He said Proctor’s clean record — having only been charged once in 2012 in his 12-year NRL career — is colouring people’s views because they don’t want to believe the 31-year-old veteran could possibly bite an opponent.

“To be honest, I can’t believe so many people like Laurie (Daley) and Paul Gallen yesterday and Phil Gould are trying to defend him, I really can’t,” Rothfield said on the Big Sports Breakfast.

“I thought the video evidence was clear.

“I have no doubt it was a bite.”

Croc
17-08-20, 03:30 PM
Speaking on Fox League’s Super Saturday, ex-Queensland playmaker and NRL 360 host Ben Ikin said: “We all saw a bite. He (Proctor) clearly thinks that he didn’t bite him on purpose.

“Based on what I’ve seen thus far, that looks and smells like a bite to me.”

Former NSW five-eighth Braith Anasta was in Ikin’s camp.

“I agree. I called the game, I watched it live, I still think it’s a bite” he said.

“The fact that he’s so strong on it, I’m starting to doubt myself a little bit … but unless I’m going crazy I still believe it is a bite.”

Daily Telegraph rugby league reporter Phil Rothfield is in no doubt Proctor is guilty. He said Proctor’s clean record — having only been charged once in 2012 in his 12-year NRL career — is colouring people’s views because they don’t want to believe the 31-year-old veteran could possibly bite an opponent.

“To be honest, I can’t believe so many people like Laurie (Daley) and Paul Gallen yesterday and Phil Gould are trying to defend him, I really can’t,” Rothfield said on the Big Sports Breakfast.

“I thought the video evidence was clear.

“I have no doubt it was a bite.”

I’d like to see the footage they have seen cos none of it looks like he bit down on his arm.. all it looked like was Johnson’s arm forced into his mouth.. which is the only way he can breathe because of his nose being messed up

Hail Sezer
17-08-20, 04:07 PM
I’m really baffled by the amount of neutral supporters so certain it was a bite. The broadcast coverage wasn’t that compelling at all. Really disappointing to see the attitude adopted towards proctor and the media witch hunt is going to damage his name no matter the outcome of tomorrow night.

I don’t agree with it, but unfortunately I do believe he is going to serve a lengthy suspension.

elltee
17-08-20, 04:33 PM
15000 people voted on fox. 67% no bite. Thank god the world isn't full of idiots.

GCTTSD
17-08-20, 06:36 PM
The worst part is that cost us the game, we looked the better team and a win could've put us in a Position for finals, I was at the game and we looked the better team but couldn't build pressure with repeat sets while bull**** penaltys kept Cronulla in the game, we should put in an official complaint or something to make sure perenara never referees our games

JunctionBlock
17-08-20, 07:30 PM
The worst part is that cost us the game, we looked the better team and a win could've put us in a Position for finals, I was at the game and we looked the better team but couldn't build pressure with repeat sets while bull**** penaltys kept Cronulla in the game, we should put in an official complaint or something to make sure perenara never referees our games

Clubs should keep the referees busy during the week and put a formal please explain on any calls that we don't believe went our way or are blatantly wrong then post the responses to the social media accounts so that the referees are answerable.

Proctor may have a chance of getting off if Perenara didn't sight the bite mark and I don't recall a touchie coming in to witness it either. Call came from the bunker saying they saw a bite. If he can't get a technicality then he may be saying his goodbyes with Ryan James.

TitansState
17-08-20, 09:31 PM
We should put in an official complaint or something to make sure perenara never referees our games

Storm did this and got Ashley Klein dropped.

gotitans101_
17-08-20, 11:40 PM
Gal on 100% Footy reckons there was no bite. He didn't bite him.

Gus said Johnson didn't react like someone who'd just been bitten would - instead, he starts yelling to the referee using the same arm that he was supposedly bitten with! When you've been bitten you instantly react...you get a jolt. Johnson showed none of that. He may have felt Proctor's teeth but only because he had his arm all over his mouth/head.

Kenty on NRL 360 reckons Perenara didn't even look for the bite mark (dunno if true or not).

After seeing the footage a couple hundred more times over the last few days I tend to agree that he didn't bite him. I don't see his top and bottom teeth ever come together, his bottom teeth are just stuck on Johnson's arm, that's it.

This **** cost us the chance of winning that game. I'm fuming now. I'm firmly in Proctor's corner and don't think he has a case to answer for. **** Peranara and **** **** Cronulla, who I'm pretty sure still haven't beaten a team in the 8.

JunctionBlock
18-08-20, 07:49 AM
Hard to say where the game would have gone after we had Arrow and Copley gone and Hipgrave off for a HIA which seemed to take longer than the two that Dugan was taken off for. Definitely would have had a better chance with 13 out there though.

JunctionBlock
18-08-20, 08:36 AM
The video viewed by The Bunker officials shows Proctor's mouth closing over the forearm of Johnson, which is wrapped around his neck. Soon after, Johnson leaps to his feet yelling: "You bit me! You bit me!"

Prime facie, short of a camera angle showing Proctor dipping Johnson's arm in a red wine marinade, there seemed little more the officials needed to see before Proctor was given his marching orders.

At the judiciary, a bite mark would validate a guilty decision. But there will be no evidence needed that Johnson has been incapacitated or even superficially wounded for Proctor to receive a penalty of anything between four and 12 weeks.

https://i.imgur.com/xFtna9R.jpg

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-18/kevin-proctor-fights-to-protect-reputation-biting-allegation/12566860

Mr Bods
18-08-20, 09:24 AM
^^^ I can’t stand the bloke who wrote that Richard Hinds. Total Toff.

JunctionBlock
18-08-20, 10:25 AM
^^^ I can’t stand the bloke who wrote that Richard Hinds. Total Toff.

It's an opinion piece. More wanted to post the photo from the article. Unfortunately it shows Ref and touchie looking at his forearm.

Titanic
18-08-20, 10:25 AM
From the same article and I can’t help but agree with this:

”But there will be players that leave opponents scarred for life who receive lesser bans and far less attention than the Titans' skipper should he be suspended.
At a time when pandemic protocols have made us acutely aware of the consequences of our actions, Proctor's impulsive moment could leave him stigmatised for life due to our perception of an offence rather than the harm it caused.”

Good luck KP but I don’t think it will end well.

Mr Bods
18-08-20, 12:05 PM
He’s going to be exonerated Titanic

DIEHARD
18-08-20, 01:48 PM
15000 people voted on fox. 67% no bite. Thank god the world isn't full of idiots.

That reflects what I've seen around the place with other club fans.

I don't think he intended or even realised it happened. It happened in a flash. But there is also a lot of video of the physical act.

Good luck Proctor. I hope for the best.

On another note, I thought both of our wingers did a great job. I was sceptical about Thompson playing there because of his size but he did a great job making meters and didn’t back down on defence. I won’t rush into saying he should be there long term as my preference is still a bigger body but credit where it is due.

I think he was fantastic as well. I know the trend for a long time has been for tall wingers. Some of my all time favourite players were smaller wingers like Kerry Boustead.

DIEHARD
18-08-20, 01:54 PM
Lots of fine performances last weekend.

Please take some time to vote your 6 points in the Moejoe Awards

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/showthread.php?29118-Moejoe-Award-quot-League-of-Titans-Player-of-the-Year-quot-2020&p=407271&posted=1#post407271

Bayside Titan
18-08-20, 08:16 PM
As of now. Still no decision.

Bayside Titan
18-08-20, 08:34 PM
Still no decision. But the panel has retired.

timor 2
18-08-20, 09:00 PM
KEVIN PROCTOR FOUND GUILTY..... Bellew says the panel is required to take into account that Proctor has only had been charged once in a 12-year NRL career when deciding on their penalty.Proctor's lawyer Tim Fuller asserts that the most minimal sanction should be applied given the forward's previously clean record. NRL counsel is recommending a ban of four to six weeks. NRL counsel is recommending a ban of four to six weeks. The panel has gone to deliberate again to decide the penalty.

lonegull
18-08-20, 09:02 PM
Absolute disgrace NRL to be found guilty

Mr Bods
18-08-20, 09:05 PM
FMD NSWRL Cs

willhelm
18-08-20, 09:27 PM
You have to be kidding me

Mr Bods
18-08-20, 09:28 PM
He’s been given 4 weeks
If you bite you either do 12 weeks or not guilty

This is an **** covering exercise by the pricks

Boonarga
19-08-20, 05:11 AM
BS decision. He should take it further.

JunctionBlock
19-08-20, 06:10 AM
I think he got a penalty fitting for the evidence provided. He served part of his penalty by being sent off. Given the previous cases of biting 4 weeks is about what should be expected. Unfortunately the video evidence and the initial reactions from everyone was damning.

What's happened is what's happened and no we need to get our heads into the game this weekend against a team that started very slowly against the Broncos last week.

Mexican titan
19-08-20, 06:27 AM
I think he got a penalty fitting for the evidence provided. He served part of his penalty by being sent off. Given the previous cases of biting 4 weeks is about what should be expected. Unfortunately the video evidence and the initial reactions from everyone was damning.

What's happened is what's happened and no we need to get our heads into the game this weekend against a team that started very slowly against the Broncos last week.

The voice of reason JB. As things happened on the field I thought it was obvious that he bit him and it was just mates changing stories when things cooled down. Kent wrote a good article in the Tele yesterday and even though he thought he might get off, it didn't read well. Four weeks is right and at the lower end.
Comments that he had played his last NRL match were ridiculous.

Toads
19-08-20, 07:44 AM
You're probably right, JB. But it's moments like this that one can question why they bother with the game at times with calls like this, regardless where your loyalties lay club-wise.

NRL Officialdom resembles that of the Supercars world where they're making these big calls when they themselves are part of the problem.. They come across as cheap and amateurish quite often.

willhelm
19-08-20, 07:51 AM
Couldn’t disagree more, JB. I believe he opened his mouth to breathe while Johnson was actively pushing his arm into it. At no point did he clamp down. Gal, Gus, Freddy, Molan were all of the same view and they’re not usually on our side. Clickbait merchants like Buzz and Kent add nothing of value to the conversation. Moreover, “initial reactions from everyone” should have no bearing on the facts. Police consider eye witnesses unreliable for a reason. I can’t help but feel that KP has been unfairly skewered by an outrage mob in a social media generation desperate for witches to burn.

JunctionBlock
19-08-20, 08:17 AM
I don't really care about who is saying what in the league world. Just followed the judicial updates, watched the videos. Guess that's why they have an odd number on a jury.

Mexican titan
19-08-20, 08:39 AM
Couldn’t disagree more, JB. I believe he opened his mouth to breathe while Johnson was actively pushing his arm into it. At no point did he clamp down. Gal, Gus, Freddy, Molan were all of the same view and they’re not usually on our side. Clickbait merchants like Buzz and Kent add nothing of value to the conversation. Moreover, “initial reactions from everyone” should have no bearing on the facts. Police consider eye witnesses unreliable for a reason. I can’t help but feel that KP has been unfairly skewered by an outrage mob in a social media generation desperate for witches to burn.

You don't get a mark like Johnson had on his arm from just pushing it against a blokes teeth.

Mr Bods
19-08-20, 08:59 AM
Are you blokes saying Proctor is a liar

willhelm
19-08-20, 09:18 AM
You don't get a mark like Johnson had on his arm from just pushing it against a blokes teeth.

You don’t get a red mark with no teeth indents from being bitten either

Whats Doing
19-08-20, 09:29 AM
There was sufficient doubt as to whether Johnson was bitten which should have resulted in Proctor getting the benefit of doubt. I also don’t agree that Proctor should have been sent off where any marks were trivial. This compared to players getting concussed from head high tackles where the perpetrator stays on the field just demonstrates the inconsistency in the NRL where the penalty does not fit the crime.

elltee
19-08-20, 10:08 AM
NRL was forced to suspend Proctor to defend the referee "integrity" me thinks.

JunctionBlock
19-08-20, 10:12 AM
Are you blokes saying Proctor is a liar

I'm saying that he did everything he could to save the rest of his year and possibly career. I watched the video. I agree with the prosecutor that he had ample options to move his head that didn't include his mouth over Johnson's arm. From my point of view Johnson's arm wasn't in Proctors mouth, Proctors mouth was on Shaun's arm. I come to this conclusion because when his mouth separates from Shaun's arm it is Proctor who moves his mouth back to the arm which makes his defense that he can only breath through his mouth nonsensical. Did he clamp down so hard as to tear skin from his body, nope. Did his mouth clamp on his skin, yes, again, video evidence.

Titanic
19-08-20, 10:33 AM
I’m with you JB 100% on all of that ... he got the lighter end of the stick and Johnson’s reaction said it all at the time. He may not have really clamped down nor did he try to avoid it for whatever reason ... dumb rather than malicious.

I also think it works in his favor for a contract extension: a few good games and the sympathy vote ... the jury’s still out from my standpoint.

Toads
20-08-20, 05:49 AM
Regardless what we think, they've set a mind-boggling precedence that has stained the game somewhat. No winners to come out of this, not even the game itself (imo).