PDA

View Full Version : Round 13: TITANS vs COWBOYS

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 04:05 PM
TITANS vs COWBOYS

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 09:37 PM
In avoiding the wooden spoon and in keeping up morale in our club and footy community this is a “must win”.
Our guys need to bring it fully to this game.

Menoitios
02-08-20, 10:42 AM
Did anyone else watch the cows vs raiders game? The cows were strong defensively...so were we. They struggled to put points on...so did we.

We'll need to be high energy, aggressive and determined in this game.

The whole teams needs to have a big feed of whatever Brian Kelly ate before yesterdays game. (lol) If the team as a whole can produce an effort like Kelly did for the 80 mins...we should get the win.

Our halves need to be on song. Their 6 and 7 were a little bit off last night...so were ours. I hope AJ pulls up alright today. To have him chiming into the backline is a fantastic weapon for our halves to utilise.

It's bloody good to have AJ and his energy and speed back!!

indoallstars
02-08-20, 10:44 AM
Did anyone else watch the cows vs raiders game? The cows were strong defensively...so were we. They struggled to put points on...so did we.

The whole teams needs to have a big feed of whatever Brian Kelly ate before yesterdays game. (lol) If the team as a whole can produce an effort like Kelly did for the 80 mins...we should get the win.

Our halves need to be on song. Their 6 and 7 were a little bit off last night...so were ours. I hope AJ pulls up alright today. To have him chiming into the backline is a fantastic weapon for our halves to utilise.

Like Brian Kelly did for the 70min**:laugh:

If we played like that against the roosters we will win this game! Absolutely agree the AJ brings so much enthusiasm and strike power. Need to find a way to get AJ and Corey in the starting 13 with BK and we got a lot of strike in our side.

Mr Bods
02-08-20, 11:03 AM
Given what this squad has put us loyal home fans through in the last four years and how crucial this game is in them avoiding the humiliation of back to back wooden spoons I expect us to play better in this game.
How they can do that is by attention to detail in the important little things like not allowing 6 again and being crisp with our hands and kicking.

Menoitios
02-08-20, 11:11 AM
Like Brian Kelly did for the 70min**:laugh:

If we played like that against the roosters we will win this game! Absolutely agree the AJ brings so much enthusiasm and strike power. Need to find a way to get AJ and Corey in the starting 13 with BK and we got a lot of strike in our side.

I agree with you 100% and would love to see both Corey and AJ in the side...but it's a conundrum. With Corey being a fullback/winger, where does he fit? You could start Corey at fullback with AJ on the bench to cover fullback and the halves...but to tell you the truth...I disagree with Meninga on AJ.

I will freely admit that Meninga would have most likely forgotten more about footy than I ever learnt...but to my small understanding of the game, AJ is a fullback. AJ's speed and youth will (unfortunately, or not...depending how you view it) see Corey as a back up fullback/winger only.

Everyone else will just need to lift and play with energy and aggression consistently. We'll get there. Next year will be huge!!

Upthetits
02-08-20, 02:55 PM
Corey is either fullback or not in the side for mine

Mr Bods
02-08-20, 03:17 PM
Hoping Canterbury beat Parramatta
I welcome our squad being under pressure this week to get some points to relieve wooden spoon pressure

ozynorts
02-08-20, 05:49 PM

I think him and Copley ate together. ;)

JunctionBlock
04-08-20, 04:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9Zx3Skz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Morgan is back. Interesting

Bayside Titan
04-08-20, 04:39 PM
If we can play like we did last week I think we will be a chance. Cowboys played well against the Raiders so i hope it’s a tight match.

willhelm
04-08-20, 05:32 PM
Clifford’s kicking game destroyed us last time so I’m not upset about Morgan coming back

Upthetits
04-08-20, 06:06 PM
Expecting Morgan to see a fair bit of traffic

5 Year Contract
06-08-20, 07:45 PM
Still cant wrap my head around Don over Thompson. Thompson had been one of our most threatening players in broken play whereas you know Don is coming in off his wing in defence and wont bring the ball back hard. I think we are a bloody good shot here, just get worried that we cant seem to keep momentum going from one week into the next

Dooldog76
06-08-20, 08:19 PM
Hope I get a meat pie

shamus
07-08-20, 06:51 AM
Hope I get a meat pie

Lol. Me too. That’s part of my membership recouped.

Mr Bods
08-08-20, 06:20 PM
Who’s the referee?

DavidBouveng
08-08-20, 06:44 PM
I’m a season member but haven’t attended any this year due to the lockout and then been working weekends since then - are there any special hoops I need to jump through to attend tomorrow, or can I just rock up??

gotitans101_
08-08-20, 06:47 PM
I recall getting routinely ****ed by the referrees almost every time we play the Cowboys. Don't ask me why, but it's something I remember very clearly. I'm very nervous about this especially.

JunctionBlock
08-08-20, 07:13 PM
Who’s the referee?

Chris Sutton

- - - Updated - - -

I’m a season member but haven’t attended any this year due to the lockout and then been working weekends since then - are there any special hoops I need to jump through to attend tomorrow, or can I just rock up??

I’ve got the 4 game so had my secret password emailed and then access through ticketek

DIEHARD
08-08-20, 07:41 PM
We have a real chance of beating the Cowboys tomorrow. I can feel it. AJ will be the difference.

DIEHARD
08-08-20, 07:42 PM
TITANS vs COWBOYS NRL.com video preview
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/07/titans-v-cowboys---round-13/

DIEHARD
08-08-20, 07:44 PM
Titans v Cowboys: Lisone returns; Morgan, McGuire back
NRL.com

The Gold Coast and North Queensland come into their lower-table shootout with plenty of reason to believe after brave displays against last season's grand finalists.

The Titans pushed the Roosters all the way before falling 18-12 while the Cowboys fell just two points short of getting the cash in Townsville against the Raiders.

And it was goal-kicking that did for both, with each match finishing two tries apiece and penalty goals providing the winning margin at Queensland Country Bank Stadium and the SCG.

Sunday's victor will gain a welcome break on both the vanquished and cellar-dwelling duo Brisbane and Canterbury.

Team news
Titans: Sam Lisone returns from a shoulder injury on the bench in place of Sam Stone. Lock Jai Arrow has passed all his HIA protocols so far after a head knock last week and is expected to play. Jai Whitbread and Erin Clark were the two players left out 24 hours before the match. The Titans have won only one of their past 12 games at Cbus Super Stadium.

Cowboys: Captain Michael Morgan returns from a shoulder injury at halfback in place of Jake Clifford, with Ben Hampton retained at five-eighth. Tom Opacic returns at centre with Justin O'Neill going to the wing and Murray Taulagi out. Clifford and Corey Jensen were the two players omitted on the eve of the match.

Josh McGuire is back from suspension at prop, pushing Francis Molo to the bench, while Jake Granville and Emry Pere have been called up on the interchange. Mitch Dunn starts in the back row with Shane Wright, Gavin Cooper and John Asiata all out of the side. Cowboys utility Ben Hampton has scored five tries from his past four games against the Titans.

Jamal Fogarty v Michael Morgan: Pressure will be intense for the halfbacks to show they can step up and deliver the killer blow. Both sides struggled to take advantage of their opportunities in round 12 and a decisive contribution by their playmakers could make all the difference.

Morgan is making his comeback from a lengthy layoff so his return should help the Cowboys in this area. North Queensland's kicking game, in particular, was poor against Canberra and they lacked last-play creativity when points were up for grabs.

Gold Coast's centre pairing of Brian Kelly and Dale Copley were responsible for their side's try assists against the Roosters.

Stat Attack
The Titans, as gallant as they were against the Roosters, need to clean up their act on both sides of the ball if they are to finish over the top of North Queensland.

The Gold Coast are No.1 for errors (154) and handling errors (129) while in defence they are tops in ineffective tackles (216) and No.2 for missed tackles (423).

DIEHARD
08-08-20, 07:46 PM
LeagueUnlimited Titans v Cowboys preview https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34911-titans-v-cowboys-preview/

DIEHARD
08-08-20, 07:52 PM
Check out pages 29-30 of LeagueUnlimited's match program.

https://leagueunlimited.com/assets/Uploads/Round-13-Program.pdf?d=1596666974

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/8.1.jpg

Mr Bods
08-08-20, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=JunctionBlock;406740]Chris Sutton

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Sutton is bad news for us

Dooldog76
08-08-20, 08:39 PM

Hey mate. You have to let the club know that you want to access your tix. Once you tell them, and put some info on a link and you automatically get tix sent to you.

Mexican titan
08-08-20, 08:43 PM

No you can't just rock up DB. You should have got an email about the ticket allocation/redemption process, as you don't get the seat attached to your membership. I think it is too late to do that now, but you'll need to check the email. I deleted my email as I can't attend tomorrow so I can't help with the actual detail.

shamus
09-08-20, 07:38 AM
No you can't just rock up DB. You should have got an email about the ticket allocation/redemption process, as you don't get the seat attached to your membership. I think it is too late to do that now, but you'll need to check the email. I deleted my email as I can't attend tomorrow so I can't help with the actual detail.

Hey MT. Can’t you go to the Titans site, access your membership, print, scan, take photo...whatever and send to DB?

DavidBouveng
09-08-20, 08:01 AM

thanks, appreciate the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mate. You have to let the club know that you want to access your tix. Once you tell them, and put some info on a link and you automatically get tix sent to you.

cheers, thanks for the info - will look into it but may have left it too late for this game

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Sutton

- - - Updated - - -
Thanks - I’ll jump on ticketek and see what I can do

thanks, I‘lol jump on tikitek

I’ve got the 4 game so had my secret password emailed and then access through ticketek

- - - Updated - - -

Damn forgive my horror replying and typo. Typing upside down on my phone in bed.

Mexican titan
09-08-20, 09:16 AM
Hey MT. Can’t you go to the Titans site, access your membership, print, scan, take photo...whatever and send to DB?

No, I'm only a 4 gamer membership.

willhelm
09-08-20, 09:52 AM
Looking forward to this one. Cows are no easybeats but I’d rather them than the last 3 rounds.

Completely off topic, moved the family back to the coast around a month ago and couldn’t be happier. Went out for dinner at Burleigh last night and stood there admiring the coastline after. Missed it so much. Might consider getting a membership next year now that we can make it to home games.

GCTTSD
09-08-20, 11:53 AM
These are games we really need to win if we want to avoid the spoon, cows usually dominate us through the middle so our forwards really need to start the game with so much energy like we did against the broncos

Hail Sezer
09-08-20, 12:33 PM
Looking forward to this one. Cows are no easybeats but I’d rather them than the last 3 rounds.

Completely off topic, moved the family back to the coast around a month ago and couldn’t be happier. Went out for dinner at Burleigh last night and stood there admiring the coastline after. Missed it so much. Might consider getting a membership next year now that we can make it to home games.

This is the wholesome content I’m here for! Great to hear mate and that is a great spot for a bite. Glad to hear you’re happy in the beautiful city.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 12:38 PM
This is the wholesome content I’m here for! Great to hear mate and that is a great spot for a bite. Glad to hear you’re happy in the beautiful city.

Yeah it’s great to have a Titans fan and prospective future member back in the Beautiful Little City.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 01:15 PM
Just got my negative corona result in now.
I can still get to the game
Yes!!!

GCTTSD
09-08-20, 01:23 PM
I hope Corey Thompson is a late inclusion on the wing, crazy how he's not in our side he's clearly our best winger we need his energy and hard running coming out of our own end

FalconSloth
09-08-20, 01:27 PM
both titans and cowboys are running out 1-17

willhelm
09-08-20, 01:31 PM

Wholesome, you say? We have a little one due end of the year and this is how she told me.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 01:43 PM
Just got my negative corona result in now.
I can still get to the game
Yes!!!

Now that I’m at the game even though I know I’m COVID 19 negative I’m having to try and do little sneaky blows of the nose as I’m paranoid I’ll get red carded.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 01:58 PM
Coen Hess has a habit of destroying us I’ve noticed in recent years
Need to be strong with him today

FalconSloth
09-08-20, 02:06 PM
Is Don Is Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TitanPremiership
09-08-20, 02:07 PM
Brimson just adds so much to our attack... beautiful.

gotitans101_
09-08-20, 02:12 PM
Taylor to Proctor on last play...come on.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 02:17 PM
There’s a bloke sitting in front of me who’s an enthusiastic fan of us and I doNt want to knock it but his constant yelling of “Milking IT” actually encourages the referee to penalise us.

willhelm
09-08-20, 02:26 PM
Brian Kelly is a ****ing gun

Firetruck
09-08-20, 02:41 PM
Kelly, Proctor, Taylor and Fogarty....and a sprinkle of AJ!!!

TitanPremiership
09-08-20, 02:43 PM
It is like they're trying to throw this honestly wow...

FalconSloth
09-08-20, 02:45 PM
proctor didn't even touched him

GCTTSD
09-08-20, 02:45 PM
Brilliant coaching from Holbrook sending so much traffic at morgan

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 02:49 PM
That’s BS by the bunker
Disgraceful stuff

Did we make any errors in that half?

TitanPremiership
09-08-20, 02:50 PM
That’s BS by the bunker
Disgraceful stuff

I don't remember an error and on the bunker... gotta expect one of those a week on recent form in our games.

Edit: Maybe if you count Sami's at halftime?

FalconSloth
09-08-20, 02:51 PM
That’s BS by the bunker
Disgraceful stuff

the stats say 6 but i cant remember seeing any more than 4

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 02:52 PM
the stats say 6 but i cant remember seeing any more than 4

Are missed tackles counted as errors?

JunctionBlock
09-08-20, 02:55 PM
So you can no longer run through the line. Avoid contact with the opposition. But it’s still an obstruction.

Going back earlier Dons ball carrying arm touches the ground and the tackle
Continues into touch their ball.

How do people follow a game anymore?

Great first half. Looking the goods that’s for sure. Finally worked out the short ball to KP was missing a finishing move.

Whats Doing
09-08-20, 02:55 PM
I think they counted the bunkers decision on the no try to Taylor as an error

FalconSloth
09-08-20, 02:56 PM
Are missed tackles counted as errors?

no

the stats say 1 to don, proctor, kelly and Taylor and 2 from Sami

NZFan
09-08-20, 02:58 PM
Proctor and Kelly are on fire. Peats is looking very good also. That call on Ash’s try was absolute BS! Ash deserved that try and it would have done wonders for his confidence. Granville had given up It’s a try every day of the week. Even the normally bias commentators could deny that one

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 02:58 PM
I’m glad you guys despite the good first half are also angry about the bunker
That was a dead set try
Every week we cop appalling decisions
Proctor did everything right

NZTITAN
09-08-20, 03:07 PM
Kevin Proctor has been absolutely immense today

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 03:12 PM
After weeks of banging on finally Fogarty is the GK

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Sami two pieces of bad play and they are in
Good grief

Hail Sezer
09-08-20, 03:12 PM
This sort of game will give us a good indicator of attitudes around complacency. I’ll be disappointed if we get too comfortable.

FalconSloth
09-08-20, 03:13 PM
We need to make sure that we don't let them back into the game.

gotitans101_
09-08-20, 03:17 PM
cheating again

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 03:17 PM
Yep and arrogant showboating has let them well
And truly back in

lonegull
09-08-20, 03:18 PM
Geez kevie walters is so anti titans he deadset hasn’t had one positive thing to say about them all commentary

FalconSloth
09-08-20, 03:18 PM
that was a BS call again but I'm more frustrated with the titans complacency. Hopefully this wakes them up a bit

GCTTSD
09-08-20, 03:23 PM
Good to see Taylor running the ball alot more today

gotitans101_
09-08-20, 03:27 PM
another forward pass goes ignored

TitanPremiership
09-08-20, 03:29 PM
I know its his 150th and all but I still cannot see why Peachey continues to be picked...

gotitans101_
09-08-20, 03:32 PM
I know its his 150th and all but I still cannot see why Peachey continues to be picked...

kills the play every time the ball goes to him. Pathetic.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 03:37 PM
For god sake why has Taylor come off ??

willhelm
09-08-20, 03:38 PM
For god sake why has Taylor come off ??

Hopefully just resting him to give Tanah some minutes with Peats playing 80

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 03:38 PM
Hopefully just resting him to give Tanah some minutes with Peats playing 80

Gee I hope that’s right
Chance for Taylor to get his confidence up

TitanPremiership
09-08-20, 03:42 PM
Love how they check the bunker for obstruction on a massive cut out pass I mean cmon... nitpicking for ways to deny us.

DIEHARD
09-08-20, 03:47 PM
Really really proud of the team today. Especially AJ. Proctor has a great game too. Still 7 mins left actually.

Couple errors really let the Cowboys in. Had to chuckle at what happened to Sami. But he paid us back with a try later. And he bravely ducked low to ensure he made it. Shame our goalkicking has been poor but we won't need it today.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 03:48 PM
Come on!!
One more try for the faithful

DIEHARD
09-08-20, 03:49 PM
You beauty. Knock on from kick off. We got a chance here with under 5 remaining... It's been a refreshing day at the footy.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 03:52 PM
Nice pleasing win
Good Coaching
Thai and beers
Then scotch and a replay later

lonegull
09-08-20, 03:53 PM
Great win and the titans were good all over the park, Holbrook had a great game plan well done to all the players

DIEHARD
09-08-20, 03:55 PM
Well done lads. Really proud. Showed a heap of heart and enthusiasm. I think we really sent a message to the NRL world. We are on the way up in 2020. I think we will have several more victories in 2020.

Wow we had a 10 game losing streak against the Cowboys. Well we are now Kings of Queensland...for now. Broncos coming up in a couple weeks!

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 03:56 PM
Taylor appears to have his right calf iced

Hail Sezer
09-08-20, 04:18 PM
Pleasing win.

Work to do and a few disappointing things in the second half (mainly peachey playing for himself and no one else) but can’t be upset when we collected the 2.

Boonarga
09-08-20, 04:22 PM
Where the hell has this Kevin Proctor been hiding for the last 4 years?

DIEHARD
09-08-20, 04:34 PM
Today's highlights

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AqR1S75cR0w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DIEHARD
09-08-20, 04:37 PM
Bit of Titans victory song for your Sunday?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FGC Titans%2Fvideos%2F582548515772098%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Gary E
09-08-20, 04:40 PM
Not playing for another contract?

- - - Updated - - -

Not playing for another contract? @boonarga

DIEHARD
09-08-20, 04:41 PM
Titans vs Cowboys NRL match report
http://www.nrl.com

A scintillating fullback display by AJ Brimson ignited a comprehensive 30-10 win for the Titans over an out-of-sorts Cowboys outfit on Sunday.

Brimson scored two tries, set one up and saved one in the first half at Cbus Super Stadium to celebrate his second game back from a back fracture in style.

Brimson had plenty of mates with none better than centre Brian Kelly whose brute strength and footwork at the line were a constant menace to the North Queensland defence.

The match marked the return of Cowboys captain Michael Morgan from shoulder surgery but he was far from his best.

The Titans forwards – led by Jai Arrow, Moeaki Fotuaika and Jaimin Jolliffe through the middle – played tough and with enterprise and that allowed halves Ash Taylor and Jamal Fogarty to thrive.

The Titans played with width and flair from the get-go and a sweeping left to right play involving Arrow, Fogarty and Brimson set up a cracker for Anthony Don inside five minutes.

Sustained pressure, combined with Cowboys errors, soon told and it was no surprise when captain Kevin Proctor crashed through after a bustling run on the left edge.

The determination of Kelly saw him burst clear from 60 metres out and a flying Brimson loomed up on his right shoulder to do the rest and the Titans led 14-0 after 23 minutes.

Brimson made a desperation try-saving tackle on Justin O’Neill and followed it up on the cusp of half-time with a superb try, as well constructed as you would hope to see.

From close range, Taylor found Proctor who, in contact, popped a ball back on the inside for Brimson to slice and dice the feeble Cowboys defensive line.

Kelly had 45 post-contact metres in the first half and the Titans mentality was summed up by one of his runs where he carried several Cowboys defenders on his back for 15 metres.

That desperation came to the fore in stunning fashion after the break. A Taylor grubber was watched by Kyle Feldt as he willed it to go dead. Proctor had other ideas and leapt beyond the dead ball line and scooped it back for the ever-alert Kelly to pounce and score to make it 24-0.

Feldt made amends minutes later when Phil Sami got tangled up after a Morgan grubber and this time it was the Cowboys winger who was on hand to score.

The Titans invited the Cowboys back into the game with errors and penalties and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow sent O’Neill over out wide to cut the margin to 14 points.

From there the Gold Coast regrouped and Taylor put the result beyond doubt with a face ball for Sami to score.

The win takes the Titans into 13th position on the Telstra Premiership ladder with eight competition points and the best placed of the Queensland sides with the Cowboys and Broncos both on six points in 14th and 15th respectively.

The Cowboys will be disappointed with their lacklustre performance which included 35 missed tackles, most of which were in the first half, and 15 errors.

Dooldog76
09-08-20, 05:01 PM
Really glad I went to the game. The effort is getting better and I lived how our forwards were hitting the ball at pace. In particular Joliffe, Hipgrave and mofo. Even Wallace was putting in. Kelly and Proctor were excellent today and Kelly has to be close to first pick each week. He is one of the comps form centres imo. That no try at the end of the second half was damaging due to the fact that ash taylor would have received a massive confidence boost. I agree with the concerns with peachey, he looked disjointed all afternoon. He just doesn't click with the rest of the team, well at least today he didn't.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 05:04 PM
Bit of Titans victory song for your Sunday?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FGC Titans%2Fvideos%2F582548515772098%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Wouldn’t it be nice after 14 seasons If the fans had a song to sing too

shamus
09-08-20, 05:06 PM
Wholesome, you say? We have a little one due end of the year and this is how she told me.

Congratulations mate..

Hail Sezer
09-08-20, 05:10 PM
Wouldn’t it be nice after 14 seasons If the fans had a song to sing too

I think I’m in the minority on this. I think a team song is something that you either have embedded from last century, or you don’t and that’s ok.

Potential to be very cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

Ayyy congrats man! That’s peak wholesome. Love it.

JunctionBlock
09-08-20, 05:14 PM
Great first half as said then we put the cue back in the rack. Sami should be dropped imo. If we are going to keep moving forward then complacency and mistakes need to be paid for. AJ was fantastic, Kelly and KP too. KP deserves a one year extension as he seems only to play his heart out when his contract t is on the line. Team is showing a lot better shape and we are happy to move the ball around early. Dons defence is terrible but he some how makes up for some crazy eluding runs. I have no idea how he does it. Only thing I hate is when he is on the outside of his opposite you know he’s not going to beat him. He has to cut back in.

Happy days for the win. Let’s keep it up.

On a personal note great to see Emery Pere make his debut for NQ. Congratulations to him.

Mr Bods
09-08-20, 05:18 PM

Good Luck. Hope it goes gloriously well.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d drop Sami too. Firstly he was way too flat for that pass just after halftime that went over the sideline.
Then that ridiculous play that saw the Cowboys score.
It gave them a sniff.
He should have a think about that for a week.

JunctionBlock
09-08-20, 05:22 PM
Good Luck. Hope it goes gloriously well.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d drop Sami too. Firstly he was way too flat for that pass just after halftime that went over the sideline.
Then that ridiculous play that saw the Cowboys score.
It gave them a sniff.
He should have a think about that for a week.

I felt bad for him in the first half because if Kelly had of passed the ball a couple,of times he was in a better position to score. Second half when Kelly eventuLly does pass he’s too flat. All I could think was that was the irony he was laughing about. Still he hasn’t set the world on fire and that in goal clearance was terrible.

BundyTitan
09-08-20, 06:11 PM
Would've been nice to go on with it and hit a massive score but can't be upset with a 20 point win nonetheless. That first half was one of the best performances for the club in the last 10 years. Yes the Cows were awful and made a ton of errors but it was good to see us take advantage and glue a big lead together. Some notes:

-It's amazing how big of a difference having a proper fullback makes. We have looked incredible with AJ at the back again with backlines looking much sharper and his speed around the middle gives us another option in attack.

-Brian Kelly is possibly the most important player in our side. He is such a threat with the ball in hand and is so deceptively strong. I might be biased but I think if Holbrook can sort out his defensive issues, Kelly can be one of the best centres in the game. He has all of the skills required.

-Our starting pack was immense. MoFo 190m, Joliffe 171m and Arrow 163m. Huge metres and a huge reason why we went on to win today. Having that much go forward makes it so much easier on Fogs, Ash and Brimmo to create some points. Add Fifita, Ese'ese and Tino to that and wowwwww we have the recipe for success :drool:

-Holbrook is a bloody champion and I love what he is doing but my only criticism is his handling of the rotations in relation to our pack. MoFo only got 44 minutes today and you can tell the difference when he is off. We need to be having him out there for at least 55-60 minutes instead of having Wallace and Lisone out there for so long. You can tell they are puffing their guts out and by the time Holbrook makes the change, it is too late and we usually concede.

But all in all what a great day for us Titans fans and let's hope we keep building on it :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
09-08-20, 06:29 PM
Many of us might have been worried about that 3 game stretch of Storm, Roosters and Panthers embarrassing us, but it has instead steeled us and fuelled some self belief and trust in each other and the coaching.

Have never seen Proctor so committed and willing, and the pack was right behind him. Can’t recall our forwards running so quickly into the line.

BK and AJ need not be spoken about. Stellar.

Fogarty and Ash seem to have some better shapes to work with, and taking that try off of Ash was cruel, he both deserved and needed it. I think if there was any doubt it’s now clear Fogarty is our on field general and I’m fine with that.

only person who didn’t play well today was Peachey. His ambling and circling runs did nothing all day. He will quickly fall out of this team as everyone else develops past him.

praise be to Holbrook. his fingerprints are more visible game after game.

Titanic
09-08-20, 06:38 PM
I’ll start with this ... I think our newest Titan should be from here on aka Difita (see what I did there :?)).

@willhelm ... wholesome indeed ... congrats on the impending Willhelm II (for those old enough see what I did there).

@JB ... couldn’t agree more ... Don’s elbow hits the ground but that’s ok ... double standard ... it’s not forgotten.

On the game: hard to be too critical so I’ll just comment that Peats once again is showing his true colours and how well do we function with a fit Copley (pity about Don). AJ adds so much more ... hat off to Coach Holbrook.

shamus
09-08-20, 07:02 PM
The only thing I find strange with Holbrook and not a criticism, is that he makes changes at half time. I noticed last home game and this game that Wallace comes on at the start of the second half. Normally with a 10 minute (15 whatever) break at half time the forwards are rested enough to go for another 10 or so minutes. Just seems to me to be a waste of an interchange.

gotitans101_
09-08-20, 08:17 PM
I felt bad for him in the first half because if Kelly had of passed the ball a couple,of times he was in a better position to score. Second half when Kelly eventuLly does pass he’s too flat. All I could think was that was the irony he was laughing about. Still he hasn’t set the world on fire and that in goal clearance was terrible.

Yep there were a few times during the game where Sami was in open space but Kelly refused to pass the ball to him. Yes he made a couple of errors but calling for him to be dropped is a bit harsh.

Bayside Titan
09-08-20, 08:19 PM

Congratulations mate.

Just-a-Fan
09-08-20, 09:05 PM
I think Jolliffe is our best buy this year the way he been standing up next to Mofo is fantastic
great game happy with all player but wish Peachy would get dropped for a game or 2 might wake him up

DavidBouveng
09-08-20, 09:37 PM
Remiss of me not to mention Peats earlier.

at the right price he can be a great defensive hooker who keeps our middle tight and the line speed up.

he has been good since coming back and hope he gets the chance to work with our beast pack next year

DIEHARD
10-08-20, 02:33 AM
Titans officially best team in Queensland after taking down Cowboys
https://www.couriermail.com.au/

We didn’t see that coming! Perennial strugglers the Gold Coast Titans are officially the top-ranked Queensland team in the NRL after taking down the North Queensland Cowboys.

The Titans are brimming with confidence following their dominant 30-10 win over the Cowboys to become Queensland’s best NRL team in the competition.

After nearly toppling the defending premiers last week, the Gold Coast were all class to end a 10-game losing streak against their Sunshine State rivals at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook – in just his first year as head coach – has turned his side into the best Queensland NRL club so far this year, despite the bar being set quite low.

“Obviously as Queensland teams we’re not performing well but it is good to be the top Queensland side, that’s for sure,” Holbrook said.

“We do want to get more wins and we do want to keep going now. We’re playing good and getting better.”

Cowboys coach Josh Hannay said it was difficult to watch his side’s performance.

“It was a real step backwards for us,” Hannay said.

“I thought the first half was really poor. They did the jersey and the club a disservice with some of the football that was put out there.

“Titans deserve a lot of credit.

“We were our own worst enemy in that first half particularly.

“When we look at this performance on Tuesday, we can’t sugarcoat it and we have to be really honest.

“It was hard to watch that first half.”

The Titans were allowed to score five consecutive tries to take a 24-0 lead after just 43 minutes on the back of a dynamic AJ Brimson performance.

North Queensland’s incoming coach will need to address their defensive woes if they are to be any premiership threat next year.

COWBOYS DEFENSIVE WOES CONTINUE

North Queensland now boast their worst defensive effort in more than a decade, having now conceded more than 22 points in five straight games for the first time since 2010.

Their defence has let them down so far this season with the second-worst points against (343) stat in the NRL.

Only the bumbling Broncos have a worse record for points against (401) so far in 2020.

The Cowboys trailed by 20 points by the end of the first half – their worst ever halftime deficit to the Titans – and things hardly improved in the second stanza when the Gold Coast extended their lead through Brian Kelly.

CAPTAIN MORGAN RETURNS

Michael Morgan’s return to the NRL was always going to be rusty – coming off a four-month break after having shoulder surgery.

The skipper fell off two crucial tackles in the first half, which both led to Gold Coast tries, and a kick out on the full in the second half ended the Cowboys’ momentum.

“It’s a week he’ll never forget after the birth of his first child,” Hannay said.

“He’s his harshest critic and he’s in there pretty disappointed with some of the involvements he had.

“There was a bit of rust there and that was to be expected.

“A lot of his errors came from trying to do something, if you like.”

KEVIN’S HEAVEN

Gold Coast skipper Kevin Proctor had a field day in front of his home crowd.

The backrower was pivotal to his side’s 20-point victory after finishing the match with a try, two try assists, two tackle busts and 26 tackles.

His determination to bat back a grubber kick from well behind the deadball line for Brian Kelly to score in the 43rd minute epitomised the Titans’ effort all afternoon.

PROCTOR EYES NEW DEAL
— Chris Honnery

Titans captain Kevin Proctor has declared his desire to remain at the club next year as speculation continues to grow around his future.

Off-contract at the end of the year, Proctor faces an uncertain future with a plethora of talented young forwards including David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui en route to the Gold Coast from 2021.

Proctor put on one of his best performances all season against the Cowboys on Sunday, finishing the match with two try assists, a try and 26 tackles.

The Kiwi international said he saw a bright future for the club and wanted to remain to enjoy the good times ahead.

“Obviously I would like to stay here,” he said.

“I just like where the Titans are going and where we’re heading at the moment.

“I suppose being here when the times weren’t real good, I’d like to be here when the times are good.

“We’re heading in the right direction with Justin (Holbrook) and Mal (Meninga) doing his thing.”

Holbrook said he had been impressed with his captain’s performance from the past few weeks.

“He’s fantastic,” Holbrook said.

“He’s been great since he came back a couple weeks ago.

“KP has been great for our club a long time and there’s a heap of things that go into the recruitment.

“We’ll see what happens with that.

“The way he’s playing is what I’m loving.

“I’m loving how much he’s competing for everything.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/

DIEHARD
10-08-20, 02:44 AM
Monday's front of sport page of GCB.

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/10.1.jpg

DIEHARD
10-08-20, 02:46 AM
Post-Match Press-Conference
Justin Holbrook chats to the media after his team's Round 13 game against the Cowboys

Follow this link: https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/08/09/post-match-press-conference/

DIEHARD
10-08-20, 02:51 AM
Congratulations on the huge news willhelm!

Bayside Titan
10-08-20, 09:01 AM
Have to say that was one of the best games I have watch from the Titans in years. It was the first time since the year we made semi finals that after the first 5 minutes I felt we will win.

willhelm
10-08-20, 11:34 AM
Thanks all for the congrats. Really warms the heart. I'll make sure Lil Willy is a ThruNThru Titan from day dot. Big Tino and Fifi should make that pretty easy.

JunctionBlock
10-08-20, 12:30 PM
Thanks all for the congrats. Really warms the heart. I'll make sure Lil Willy is a ThruNThru Titan from day dot. Big Tino and Fifi should make that pretty easy.

Congratulations. I guess if we can't convert fans it's up to you young guys to have them for the club.

Titanic
10-08-20, 01:20 PM
Congratulations. I guess if we can't convert fans it's up to you young guys to have them for the club.
It’s never too late JB

JunctionBlock
10-08-20, 03:01 PM
It’s never too late JB

I'd need a refund from the vasectomy clinic in that case.

Titanic
11-08-20, 02:28 AM
I'd need a refund from the vasectomy clinic in that case. That’s what I tell all the girls.

JunctionBlock
11-08-20, 08:26 AM
That’s what I tell all the girls.

I tell them the opposite. You want a kid we need to keep trying.