ROOSTERS vs TITANS
Saturday, 1 August 2020 - SCG

Dobes
27-07-20, 11:02 PM
AJ to return this weekend apparently!

elltee
28-07-20, 10:51 AM
AJ to return this weekend apparently!

How good, Young Alphabet back as well. I hope AJ gets a starting gig. Will be interesting to see who gets the chop. Copley the obvious for Young T but not sure how AJ will fit.

Mr Bods
28-07-20, 01:26 PM
We r paying a whopping $10

willhelm
28-07-20, 02:34 PM
Don't think we'll win, but Roosters weren't that convincing against the Warriors. Pressure Keary and they may fall apart. That said, Roosters by 20.

JunctionBlock
28-07-20, 03:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GsQXaYn.jpg

Hail Sezer
31-07-20, 02:38 PM
Most on here would’ve seen it already but AJ is starting at fullback.

Mr Bods
31-07-20, 02:57 PM

What’s the resulting reshuffle?

Croc
31-07-20, 03:46 PM
If he is slotting in at fb.. hope Thompson stays in the team.. he looks dangerous everytime he touches the ball

JunctionBlock
31-07-20, 04:07 PM
Looks like Lisone is out and Sam Stone is in too

- - - Updated - - -

What’s the resulting reshuffle?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/31/aj-brimsons-back/

Coach not sure what the reshuffle will be but AJ to FB

DIEHARD
31-07-20, 04:37 PM
LeagueUnlimited: Roosters v Titans preview
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34869-roosters-v-titans-preview/

DIEHARD
31-07-20, 04:38 PM

Just logged in and saw this. I'm excited to see him back! It's been a long few months!

If he is slotting in at fb.. hope Thompson stays in the team.. he looks dangerous everytime he touches the ball

I agree. I really like Thompson for those reasons. He is always live.

DIEHARD
31-07-20, 04:41 PM
Roosters v Titans: Morris twins out; Lisone sidelined
https://www.nrl.com/

The Roosters need the two points to remain in touch with the three teams above them while the Titans continue their search for week-to-week consistency.

You know exactly what you're going to get from a Trent Robinson-coached Roosters team while the Titans, despite showing signs of improvement in 2020, remain a work in progress.

With 80 good minutes against the Roosters they're a chance. Any less and things will be very difficult.

Team news
Roosters: Ryan Hall replaces the injured Brett Morris (back) on the wing while Josh Morris (calf) was ruled out on Friday, be replaced by Mitchell Aubusson at left centre. Nat Butcher shuffles to the starting second row and Daniel Suluka-Fifita claiming the vacant spot on the interchange bench.

Drew Hutchison has been cut from the side, leaving Christian Tuipulotu and Egan Butcher as the two remaining reserves.

Captain Boyd Cordner remains sidelined due to concussion worries. The Roosters need four points to reach the landmark tally of 40,000 points scored since 1908.

Titans: Keegan Hipgrave returns in the second row. Sam Lisone (shoulder) and Erin Clark were omitted 24 hours before kick-off with Sam Stone promoted to the interchange.

Livewire fullback AJ Brimson (back) is included on the reserves and coach Justin Holbrook on Friday said he would play his first game of 2020 if he pulled up alright after their final training run.

Titans winger Anthony Don has scored six tries in nine games against the Roosters.

Key match-up
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves v Moeaki Fotuaika. JWH remains one of the best props in the NRL, consistently winning the battle in the middle third of the field. Fotuaika's rapid climb up the front-rowers ranks has been impressive. Now he has the chance to test himself against one of the best props of the past decade.

Stat Attack
You could not get a greater gap when it comes to rankings for missed tackles than you have between these two teams. The Roosters have the fewest missed tackles of any team (275) while the Titans have the most (397). After 11 games, that means the Titans, on average, miss 11 more tackles than the Roosters each week.

DIEHARD
31-07-20, 04:42 PM
Video: AJ Brimson's back
Gold Coast Titans coach Justin Holbrook says the side will be bolstered by the return of fullback AJ Brimson this weekend
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/31/aj-brimsons-back/

shamus
31-07-20, 09:05 PM
We got this.

Menoitios
01-08-20, 09:18 AM
I know it's most likely too much to want for, given that it's his first game back...but jeez I'd love to see AJ light it up today!

GCTTSD
01-08-20, 12:06 PM
I hope it's a straight swap for Sami with Corey going to wing and not aj on the bench and doing a big reshuffle 30 mins J to the game

JunctionBlock
01-08-20, 12:42 PM
No matter what happens today, at least we’ll have the donkeys blowing a lead to lose to the baby sharks last night.

Baby shark doo do doo do do do.

JunctionBlock
01-08-20, 01:04 PM
AJ FB. Thompson dropped. Brutal.

GCTTSD
01-08-20, 01:06 PM
How does Thompson get dropped when he's the only one of our back three that runs hard and fast getting us out of our own end

Mexican titan
01-08-20, 01:27 PM
How does Thompson get dropped when he's the only one of our back three that runs hard and fast getting us out of our own end

Crazy decision to drop one of our few decent players. I know AJ might end up as fullback but for now I'd have played him in the halves and dropped the chosen one. A great chance to wake him up.

willhelm
01-08-20, 01:41 PM
I see a lot of love for Thompson so maybe I’m in the minority but I don’t see him as anything more than an adequate backup. He’s wholehearted no doubt but I’m a bit sick of seeing him getting manhandled and ragdolled around every hit up.

Dooldog76
01-08-20, 01:44 PM
We got this.

Totally

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:01 PM
Eyebrow raising selection for sure but I have belief in our Coach.
He’s the guy to lead us out of the doldrums.
Eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

FMD it’s Sydney Perenara the referee

JunctionBlock
01-08-20, 02:04 PM
I love the brutality of Holbrook. That’s his job. He needs to rely on those around him fiving him the best information they have at hand to say AJ should last a game.

Holy **** Taylor broke the line and we score!!!!!!

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:05 PM
That is a try every day of the week, he was moving.
FOff Bunker

JunctionBlock
01-08-20, 02:05 PM
**** me **** this ****ing game in the ****.

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:06 PM
Then a non penalty by Sydney Perenara to make it 2-0

Titanic
01-08-20, 02:07 PM
Well that’ll do me ... tackle still in play... WTF

Hail Sezer
01-08-20, 02:08 PM
What a load of ****

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 02:10 PM
****ing idiot Don. We never learn.

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:11 PM
Roosters kick it out of the Don’s hand and the Sydney Bunker says knock on

GCTTSD
01-08-20, 02:12 PM
This gonna be ugly refs not giving us anything

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:13 PM
Get F’d Perenara that wasn’t forward u C

JunctionBlock
01-08-20, 02:14 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised if SBW gets to run on at half time given this level of favouritism.

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 02:14 PM
Get F’d Perenara that wasn’t forward u C

Did he go out? No way it was forward.

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:17 PM
Tedesco sin bin u cheats

- - - Updated - - -

How many times do I need to say that Fogarty should be goalkicker

TitansState
Can we give Fogarty gk duties

JunctionBlock
Copley couldn’t pass that left? Jesus. Doing that the hard way. Good ball movement early to identify catch the Roosters short.

Of course Teddy won’t get binned. That’s ruin his dally m chances.

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:22 PM
Rule Change
Knock On by Roosters is a penalty to them

- - - Updated - - -

Ten in the bin
**** Off Sydney Perenara

JunctionBlock
01-08-20, 02:22 PM
I'd remove the team from the field.

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 02:23 PM
nah this is ****ed.

Nearly done with this ****ing rigged competition

Titanic
01-08-20, 02:23 PM
Ok really did Proctor do Perenara’s mother, sister, wife and daughter?

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 02:25 PM
Manu knocked that on

Mr Bods
Clear Forward Pass

- - - Updated - - -

Clear knock on there

JunctionBlock
I’m done after that. Tackled without ball. Knock on. Forward pass and points to the spot.

I’m done with the NRL. Laters

TitansState
01-08-20, 02:26 PM
What a joke

Dooldog76
01-08-20, 02:27 PM
This reffing is absolutely disgraceful.

- - - Updated - - -

The boys don't deserve this

willhelm
01-08-20, 02:27 PM
We need an investigation

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:28 PM
Match Fixing

JunctionBlock
01-08-20, 02:32 PM
Just cancelled Kayo. Reason for cancellation “won’t support the cheating ****s at the NRL”

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:36 PM
‪We could all see it was held up and this cheat goes to the bunker so the Roosters set their defence ‬

Dooldog76
01-08-20, 02:37 PM
Cmon boys. Polish.

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 02:41 PM
nvm it was Peats

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 02:51 PM
Peter V’Roosters
Explain yourself

NZTITAN
01-08-20, 02:52 PM
Run at Tupouniua more.

Dooldog76
01-08-20, 02:57 PM
We are looking good. Seem to better at long range today. Just need some luck.

- - - Updated - - -

AJ is looking sharp too.

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:04 PM
Wow. How good is it to see the Titans cut loose and actually make line breaks? We are in this. Some dodgy calls and amazing luck/plays have helped the Roosters.

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 03:17 PM
I want Hipgrave gone from this club. I'm ****ing over his ****ing rubbish.

Another 10 minutes against the reigning premiers with a man down. You ****ing dead****.

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:17 PM
Damn it. Two sin-bins in a game! How many times Hipgrave has been binned in his career? And Peachey brain explosion on a set restart. Please keep it together Titans!

Mexican titan
01-08-20, 03:20 PM
I want Hipgrave gone from this club. I'm ****ing over his ****ing rubbish.

Another 10 minutes against the reigning premiers with a man down. You ****ing dead****.

Is there a more stupid player?

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:21 PM
I feel like I'm trapped under a collapsed bookcase watching a union game with all these penalty goals the Roosters are getting.

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 03:22 PM
6 more 6 more thanks Peachey.

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:30 PM
Gee that would have been a beauty if Sami was ready for it. Great work and strength by Kelly and to give that off-load.

Keep it up Titans.

Dooldog76
01-08-20, 03:33 PM
Manu off side?

FalconSloth
01-08-20, 03:34 PM
2 tries to 1 and the refs have given us absolutely nothing

lonegull
01-08-20, 03:35 PM
What a effort by ash Taylor stand their and watch manu catch the ball and score

Boonarga
Manu off side?

I thought so as well but hit the rewind to check. He was on side.

gotitans101_
Manu off side?

No. Taylor just didn't even try to compete. Useless.

Titanic
01-08-20, 03:37 PM
Got to go but feel good about the team ... Brimson can silence his non-believers and Copley is definitely an NRL center. Like Hipgrave too ... moving forward in my opinion.

lonegull
01-08-20, 03:45 PM
How Taylor can keep his spot bewilders me

Boonarga
01-08-20, 03:47 PM
I don’t expect to win games like these at this stage. Just want a team that doesn’t give up. We have that now.

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:48 PM
Hell yea boys! What a try! Kelly is definitely getting a few of my MoeJoe points.

18-12 4 mins left! Let's go for the kill.

Wow Holbrook on the sidelines too.

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:49 PM
I don’t expect to win games like these at this stage. Just want a team that doesn’t give up. We have that now.

Yes. I'm getting more than I hoped from this game. Love the commentators throwing around heaps of positive adjectives about us. Never giving up is vital. Showing grit.

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:49 PM
We'll have one shot left unless we can force an error or there is an error.

Mexican titan
01-08-20, 03:51 PM

We sure do. As a group they are improving which is great credit to the coach. You cannot be anything but excited for the future if we just add a couple of decent players.

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:53 PM
We really need to fix our last tackle kicks.

Well I'm proud of our team. They didn't give up. We didn't win but we won a lot of credibility and proved we are on our way.

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 03:53 PM
If only we had better halves.

That includes Fogarty who was dog **** today.

NZTITAN
01-08-20, 03:55 PM
Can't wait to see us next year with some legitimate go-forward.

DIEHARD
01-08-20, 03:58 PM
Had calls go against us and played with 12 men for 20 mins. Well done Titans.

Dooldog76
01-08-20, 03:58 PM
That was a win in my opinion. Huge effort from the boys

NZFan
01-08-20, 03:59 PM
Don is done. We desperately need some go forward coming out of our own line.

Dooldog76
01-08-20, 04:03 PM
Kelly was in beast mode today. He was in everything. There were a few times where if peachey had punched at the line he would have gone through. He looked dangerous but continues to give away too many penalties in on the 4th or 5th tackle. Hurts our momentum.

Ausphin
01-08-20, 04:03 PM
Before the usual crying about the referees just wanted to say I was really proud of the effort today.

Having Brimmo back was great. Out and out superstar. Brian Kelly is all class. Still has an error or two in his game which he will need to clean up but he is classy and strong. Also works hard in defence. Thought Copley had one of his best games too.

I was thinking Wallace was strong and then he gets lazy and gives away penalties and set restarts. Peachey is the same. I actually breath a sign of relief when Wallace gets substituted.

I am also open to Proctor coming back next season.

Not getting the results at the moment but you can sense Holbrook is building something here.

Hail Sezer
01-08-20, 04:06 PM
Huge effort and some massive signs of the level of coaching the team is receiving.

Kelly was very very good. Brimson good on return considering he hasn’t played for 6 months.

indoallstars
01-08-20, 04:12 PM
Other than the ribs robbing us and not being consistent in ruling I was happy with that display

What to do with our backline, we need to have Corey Thompson, AJ Brimson and Brian Kelly all starting and find a way to make it work.

Can't wait to we have a bigger forward pack next year to really nulify teams getting so many easy metres against us.

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 04:13 PM
Those Sydney referees and the Sydney Bunker sure know how to cheat
And we need to no longer accept it

FalconSloth
01-08-20, 04:15 PM
I didn’t see that first disallowed try. Could someone please post a link to a video of it if they find one.

ozynorts
01-08-20, 04:31 PM
Super impressed by the team today. We could have been absolutely flogged, in fact we were last year at that ground against the roosters. Huge amount of grit and you can see what Holbrook has bought to the team. First class today against the back to back premiers. So excited for next year and can’t wait to watch some big upsets to finish this year.

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 05:18 PM
Good to see the Coach again calling out the Sydney Referees at the press conference

gothabull
01-08-20, 05:38 PM
As a long time fan I always love you guys on here and respect the opinions on here each and everyone I don’t comment normally ,but feel like we really are turning a corner finally , even was great too see Trent Robinson in his post match interview with wraps on our coach , I won’t talk about the ref cause I have nothing good to say but happy with the way we are progressing finally after all this time

Titanic
01-08-20, 06:15 PM
Guys I have to say that for the first time since our inception year I feel that I can relax with the feeling that the club is moving forward in a way that I can understand and invest in both emotionally and financially. Sure there’s a lot of work to be done and there’ll be highs and lows but when I see players having a dig and underachievers lifting then that’s all I can ask.

Today I saw Copley, Wallace, Proctor, Hipgrave and Peats in particular (and they were certainly not alone) lift and deliver beyond the crap I have seen them offer up before. If you add Tino the Unpronounceable, Herman the Unmovable and Fifita the Unstoppable to our current roster with some of our emerging talent then our coach will have the pool to mold into a truly competitive outfit. I love our club for its resilience through times when others would have wilted.

Mr Bods
01-08-20, 06:22 PM
We have the best fans in the NRL
No group has had their resilience as fans tested as much as those of us that are still here fighting on

gotitans101_
01-08-20, 06:41 PM
Guys I have to say that for the first time since our inception year I feel that I can relax with the feeling that the club is moving forward in a way that I can understand and invest in both emotionally and financially. Sure there’s a lot of work to be done and there’ll be highs and lows but when I see players having a dig and underachievers lifting then that’s all I can ask.

Today I saw Copley, Wallace, Proctor, Hipgrave and Peats in particular (and they were certainly not alone) lift and deliver beyond the crap I have seen them offer up before. If you add Tino the Unpronounceable, Herman the Unmovable and Fifita the Unstoppable to our current roster with some of our emerging talent then our coach will have the pool to mold into a truly competitive outfit. I love our club for its resilience through times when others would have wilted.

Agree with everything except Hipgrave. He tries, brings aggression, but that's all. We can do a lot better than having him in the side next year if you ask me.

I've really liked what I've seen from Proctor of late, but I just worry that it's only because he's playing for his contract. Wish he brought that leadership and intensity every week since he got here.

shamus
01-08-20, 07:07 PM
So Kelly’s arm hits the ground so he is tackled. If he held onto the ball and was dragged into touch it would have been a Roosters ball. Watching Manly/Penrith and Yeo gets tackled short of the line (arm hits ground) yet he rolls over to plant the ball down. Seems to be double standards.

Croc
01-08-20, 07:44 PM
So Kelly’s arm hits the ground so he is tackled. If he held onto the ball and was dragged into touch it would have been a Roosters ball. Watching Manly/Penrith and Yeo gets tackled short of the line (arm hits ground) yet he rolls over to plant the ball down. Seems to be double standards.
Yeh I didn’t see much of the game but saw that and thought the exact same thing, if he held onto it while they were dragging him out, it would of been called out.. they were dragging him, not laying on him.. common sense should be used.. and yeh some crap I see called against us but not against others pisses me off.. I’m glad we didn’t get a heap of points on us... feeling confident next week against the cows

Firetruck
01-08-20, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=gotitans101_;406568]Agree with everything except Hipgrave. He tries, brings aggression, but that's all. We can do a lot better than having him in the side next year if you ask me.

I actually thought Hipgrave went OK today. His defence was effective and he ran for nearly 100m in his time on the field. I think he brings an aggressive approach to his defence that the team needs. Obviously, the coach believes he adds to the team and I’m sure he will be in or around the 17 next season, despite the signings.
I have never been a huge fan of Peats but the last two games have shown how important he is to stiffening up our middle defence. He topped the tackle count again and he lead the line up in defence.

Menoitios
02-08-20, 09:21 AM
Henry Perenara seems to be one of those refs that referees to the lay of the competition table. When he refs our games it reminds me of watching Capras games up here. Any 50/50 calls go against you. Poor old Proctor busted what was left of his voice box while questioning HP's calls.

Sure the roosters were not at 100%...some would say they weren't full strength by a very long way. Be that as it may, I could not have been more proud of the effort from the Titans yesterday. We didn't get the win...but the Titans of last year would have rolled over and copped a flogging as soon as calls started going against us.

I said it yesterday, and I'm sure it's obvious to all...we're done with slowly continuing our downhill journey. We've successfully completed a steady three point turn...and we're now heading back up the hill. We've still got a bit of road to cover...but we're gaining momentum.

Great coaching yesterday and a terrific effort by the team! We're getting our grit back!

NZFan
02-08-20, 09:57 AM
I’m a big fan of both Peats and Hipgrave although I do think that they both have some flaws to their games. I’d like Peats to run more from dummy half and take the line on close to the line when there is a quick play of the ball. Rein does that really well but his defence is terrible and he panicked when under pressure. We are a better team defensively when Peats is on the field. As you pint out Firetruck he leads the defensive line. When he came off yesterday out line barely came forward at all.

Hipgrave brings aggression and enthusiasm. I don’t really see him as an edge though. I like him more as a bench middle where he comes on after 25min and lifts the defensive effort by putting some shots on. He doesn’t really have the ball playing ability to be an edge.

I absolutely love the fact that Holbrook calls out the reffing where it is necessary. The best part of his presser yesterday was when he said that if it was a team at the other of the competition ladder that made that play, it would have been a try. He is 100% correct and the Panthers game later confirmed that. The fact is in that play both of the Roosters players where pulling Kelly upwards. There was no downward force in the tackle so Kelly couldn’t actually be held. I firmly believe that there is match fixing in the NRL and I’m glad that Holbrook has the guts to call it out.

If we were up 6 nill early in that match it would have looked like a completely different game. Instead we are defending on our own line early in the match again, effectively putting us on the back foot for the rest of the match.

I know most are probably sick of hearing me say this but how many chances does Don get? Two weeks running he has spilled the ball coming out from our own line in the first 10 mins of the game. Apart from the try that anybody could have scored, what else did he actually do that was positive?

Mr Bods
02-08-20, 10:05 AM
I’m a big fan of both Peats and Hipgrave although I do think that they both have some flaws to their games. I’d like Peats to run more from dummy half and take the line on close to the line when there is a quick play of the ball. Rein does that really well but his defence is terrible and he panicked when under pressure. We are a better team defensively when Peats is on the field. As you pint out Firetruck he leads the defensive line. When he came off yesterday out line barely came forward at all.

Hipgrave brings aggression and enthusiasm. I don’t really see him as an edge though. I like him more as a bench middle where he comes on after 25min and lifts the defensive effort by putting some shots on. He doesn’t really have the ball playing ability to be an edge.

I absolutely love the fact that Holbrook calls out the reffing where it is necessary. The best part of his presser yesterday was when he said that if it was a team at the other of the competition ladder that made that play, it would have been a try. He is 100% correct and the Panthers game later confirmed that. The fact is in that play both of the Roosters players where pulling Kelly upwards. There was no downward force in the tackle so Kelly couldn’t actually be held. I firmly believe that there is match fixing in the NRL and I’m glad that Holbrook has the guts to call it out.

If we were up 6 nill early in that match it would have looked like a completely different game. Instead we are defending on our own line early in the match again, effectively putting us on the back foot for the rest of the match.

I know most are probably sick of hearing me say this but how many chances does Don get? Two weeks running he has spilled the ball coming out from our own line in the first 10 mins of the game. Apart from the try that anybody could have scored, what else did he actually do that was positive?

THIS THIS THIS

DavidBouveng
02-08-20, 11:29 AM
Not a lot to say except big effort to match it with another heavyweight in the comp.

This trio of games - Storm, Panthers and Roosters has the potential to get very ugly, but we played tough and gritty for all but one half against storm.

no games will be as tough as these three and we showed we can at least hold our own.

proctor and Wallace much improved - proctor especially running straight and fast off that second tip on.

think Thompson should be ok the team, take Dons spot maybe?

lastly - how good did our natural lighter ocean blue jersey look. Next year is a rebirth due to signings and holbrooks first proper crack after short ore season and covid. Let’s signal the new era with a return to our normal colours - either the newer version of our 07’ strip, or something along the chevron style when Sezer / Albert Kelly we’re our halves.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for typos. Not editing them out.

GCTTSD
02-08-20, 11:39 AM
We will never win those close games if we're always kicking from inside our 20 or dropping balls inside our 20. What's wrong with spry and GL? They offer the size and power we clearly lack in our backs yet can't get a run. It's so frustrating watching don and Sami run sideways and lose metres or throw a hail Mary pass and knock on always kills any momentum we have

Dooldog76
02-08-20, 01:26 PM

My mate and I argue over Don all the time. His defence is atrocious and gets caught out repeatedly. However in attack, he always seems to come through with the goods. I like him scoring tries, but his defence is a massive liability. Surely we have someone quicker with a better ethic in defense.

Upthetits
02-08-20, 01:53 PM
I honestly don't mind don.

The fogarty no try waa frustrating but that tedesco forward pass try was a hideous joke. He literally throws it past our defenders face and over his shoulder, like a basketball pass. Deadset absolute joke im still salty over it.

JunctionBlock
03-08-20, 04:26 PM
Great news. The Kelly “passing off the ground” leading to the Fogarty try wasn’t even bought up in Annesleys weekly “this is how the refs stuffed up this week” briefing. I’ve lost patience with the NRLs incompetence.

amaline
03-08-20, 05:33 PM
Great news. The Kelly “passing off the ground” leading to the Fogarty try wasn’t even bought up in Annesleys weekly “this is how the refs stuffed up this week” briefing. I’ve lost patience with the NRLs incompetence.

I'm happy with it being a no try. Arm hit the ground, awesome, tackle complete.

But what happens when a tackle is complete and someone gets up and tries to keep running? They usually blow the whistle and send them back to play the ball. I think the penalty against us was way too harsh, given he was about to be pulled in to touch after the tackle complete. Either Kelly play the ball, or our penalty, IMO.

JunctionBlock
03-08-20, 06:02 PM
I'm happy with it being a no try. Arm hit the ground, awesome, tackle complete.

But what happens when a tackle is complete and someone gets up and tries to keep running? They usually blow the whistle and send them back to play the ball. I think the penalty against us was way too harsh, given he was about to be pulled in to touch after the tackle complete. Either Kelly play the ball, or our penalty, IMO.

So the tackle had stopped? No momentum or continuation of the tackle from the roosters? Not the way I remember it. If the tackle is over when the ball playing arm hits the ground then that makes it easier when deciding tries close to the line as momentum has nothing to do with anything.

Mr Bods
03-08-20, 07:56 PM
That try taken off us with the penalty against Kelly was a total Stitch up and then it was compounded by a Roosters try that had a forward pass and a knock on in the lead up AND let’s not forget the bizarre sin bin to Kelly and that Hipgrave/Tedesco both committed the same offence but we were the only ones binned.

We were robbed.

I Could do a rant now about Annesley but it would result in the same nut that’s now created by last count 4 trolling accounts in reaction to criticism I make against GRAHAM creating a 5th one. Bugger that.

amaline
03-08-20, 08:03 PM
So the tackle had stopped? No momentum or continuation of the tackle from the roosters? Not the way I remember it. If the tackle is over when the ball playing arm hits the ground then that makes it easier when deciding tries close to the line as momentum has nothing to do with anything.

There was definitely continuation by the roosters and had Kelly not offloaded, he would have gone in to touch and we would have lost possession. And had we not scored in that play, or would have been play on.

Either Kelly goes back and plays the ball, give the try or penalty against the roosters for continuing on after a tackle is complete. Penalty against us was a joke.

JunctionBlock
04-08-20, 07:30 AM
There was definitely continuation by the roosters and had Kelly not offloaded, he would have gone in to touch and we would have lost possession. And had we not scored in that play, or would have been play on.

Either Kelly goes back and plays the ball, give the try or penalty against the roosters for continuing on after a tackle is complete. Penalty against us was a joke.

Just to add to it, at no time was Held called on the field either. SO to go back to that point to judge the try is a joke. The NRL is losing fans hand over fist. People used to watch multiple games a week, now people barely tune in to watch their own team. How many times do you hear " I turned it off at half time." How are punters supposed to have a bet when the outcome these days is decided by a ref not the team. We won that game and no one is upset or even talking about it because we are the "lowly" Titans and we shouldn't have won.

Croc
04-08-20, 08:33 AM
Just to add to it, at no time was Held called on the field either. SO to go back to that point to judge the try is a joke. The NRL is losing fans hand over fist. People used to watch multiple games a week, now people barely tune in to watch their own team. How many times do you hear " I turned it off at half time." How are punters supposed to have a bet when the outcome these days is decided by a ref not the team. We won that game and no one is upset or even talking about it because we are the "lowly" Titans and we shouldn't have won.
Totally agree with you.. I watched the replay of the game and there was no held and they were still pulling him towards the try line.. it was a lose lose situation for us.. if it was the broncos or some bigger club it would of been all over the media.. the refs are killing the game and that should of been a common sense call.. they could obviously see he was getting taken out and tackle was no complete

NZFan
04-08-20, 08:49 AM
JB your post is bang on the money. Adding to what you said, I re-watched the game today and when Kelly’s yellow card was given Henry P clearing stated to the Roosters that there was other players in the vicinity so it wasn’t a professional fowl. Then the decision is over turned by the people upstairs with no consultation with the on field ref. The bunker saw an opportunity to punish us and they took it.

I’m not as upset about the forward pass ruling because that was purely a case of the touch judge being completely out of position. She was 5 min behind the play so couldn’t actually tell from her angle if it was forward or not. I’m not saying that it is acceptable because it’s not but that was a genuine mistake in my opinion whereas the other two calls (the yellow and non yellow card) were decisions made by compromised referees.

These rigged decisions hurt us in so many ways other than just on the scoreboard. That try that Fogarty scored would be on every highlight reel this week. Taylor did some really impressive work in the build up where he sliced through the defence. I remember back to last year when Peachey scores one of the try’s of the season when AJ received the ball on his own goal line, beat 3 or 4 defenders before giving it to Peachey to score under the posts. Then the bunker ruled that Sami interferes with a player chasing Peachey and they call it back for a penalty. In that case Sami retaliated to the interference he received and that player so so far from catching Peachey that it should have been irrelevant. He were robbed of our highlights package and that play was never spoken about again.

The problem is that I can’t see it ever changing. After Kelly’s yellow card the commentators only wanted to talk about Proctors croaky voice. It’s intertwined in every game now right through the refs, commentators and media. The only positive about the whole situation is we now have a coach that is prepared to call them out on it.

Mr Bods
04-08-20, 03:30 PM
We were robbed as we always are by the NSW Referees and Bunker and the media simply don’t give a stuff