DIEHARD
17-07-20, 02:45 AM
TITANS vs PANTHERS

Sunday, 26 July 2020 - CBUS SUPER STADIUM

DIEHARD
17-07-20, 02:46 AM
Titans invite families for Sunday blockbuster against the Panthers
http://www.Titans.com.au

The Gold Coast Titans will once again welcome increased crowds to their next home game against the Penrith Panthers on Sunday 26 July at Cbus Super Stadium.

GET TICKETS (https://premier.ticketek.com.au/default.aspx)

After successfully meeting the COVID-19 safe protocols with an increased crowd for the victory over the New Zealand Warriors, the Titans will continue to welcome fans back to the footy for their ‘Family Fun Day’ in the friendly Sunday afternoon timeslot.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell said the crowd was a big boost for the team at the Warriors match.

“It had been hard playing without our loyal members and fans in the stands and I know that the players and Coach really appreciated the additional support against the Warriors.”

“To give more people the chance to attend we are offering two tickets for $30 for the Panthers game, which will allow even more fans to once again experience a Titans game live in 2020.”

“The health of our members, fans, partners and players remains paramount, so we will continue to take a staged approach to our crowd increases, but there will be plenty of tickets available for Mums, Dads and the kids to come along.”

The matchup will see the high-flying Panthers return to Cbus Super Stadium where last year the Titans ran out 30-24 victors.

The best way to enjoy all remaining 2020 Titans home games is to become a member with a range of options available to suit all needs and budgets.

Membership for a family of two starts from $27.45 per game or $13.50 a person.

Browse all membership options here and join the Titans Legion today.

Titans v Panthers
Sunday 26 July, 4pm
Cbus Super Stadium
Tickets on sale via Ticketek.com.au (https://premier.ticketek.com.au/default.aspx)

gotitans101_
17-07-20, 09:58 PM
oh dear...

Titanic
18-07-20, 01:04 AM
Blockbuster .... ? One can only hope.

willhelm
18-07-20, 06:16 PM
Clark really isn’t doing it for me. I want to see Peats back. We need his defence.

Hail Sezer
18-07-20, 08:29 PM
I’m really not a fan of Peats and think he will get mauled in the middle with the new 6 again rules

5 Year Contract
20-07-20, 02:22 PM
Will be intereting to see the makeup of our team this week. Surely Hippgrave will be ruled out. He looked about 40% last week and im amazed he was allowed to play then. Also if Fogharty is out im praying we give Boyd a go and dont bring Roberts back in. Also if Proctor is back id bring Fermour off the bench for some good impact.

Mr Bods
20-07-20, 02:46 PM
We are paying $6.25
Not given much of a chance

BundyTitan
20-07-20, 03:28 PM
Will be interesting to see if there are any changes tomorrow but not expecting much besides maybe Proctor coming back and Fermor/Hipgrave to the bench

Mr Bods
20-07-20, 03:52 PM
Will be interesting to see if there are any changes tomorrow but not expecting much besides maybe Proctor coming back and Fermor/Hipgrave to the bench

Tissue Paper Copley might be due back for a 20min cameo

JunctionBlock
21-07-20, 04:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bGGOwiZ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously disappointed Fermor is dropped all together but at least we are getting players back whilst Panthers have been reshuffled across the back line and hooker for this match.

Mr Bods
21-07-20, 04:23 PM
We should run a guessing competition on what minute Copley goes off injured

willhelm
21-07-20, 04:43 PM
No Koroisau or Edwards is huge. If there's ever a time to knock off the Panthers it's now.

Not sure why Fermor is dropped before Hipgrave. Thought he'd been good the last couple weeks. Fermor/Proctor would've been a better combo but otherwise I think that's about the best 17 we can field right now.

JunctionBlock
21-07-20, 04:46 PM

38th

NZTITAN
21-07-20, 04:48 PM
Jaimin Joliffe to score his first NRL try is a lock btw

Mr Bods
21-07-20, 04:53 PM
38th

27th

GCTTSD
21-07-20, 05:03 PM
I don't like Copley back in the side but I can see why he's there for his defence against Crichton and kikau but if he goes off injured again we're in big trouble there

willhelm
21-07-20, 05:14 PM
I don't like Copley back in the side but I can see why he's there for his defence against Crichton and kikau but if he goes off injured again we're in big trouble there

That's where Peachey's utility value comes in handy.

GCTTSD
21-07-20, 05:19 PM
That's where Peachey's utility value comes in handy.

Yea but his defence is pretty bad im sure there's a reason Holbrook had Carty and fermor in the centers over him

willhelm
21-07-20, 05:31 PM
Yea but his defence is pretty bad im sure there's a reason Holbrook had Carty and fermor in the centers over him

I know, but as a utility he's fine. Let's hope Coppers lasts the 80.

Dooldog76
21-07-20, 05:54 PM
49th
And I too wish the ferminator was playing. Hipgrave had better be fit.

jacksonm
21-07-20, 07:12 PM
Any reason why Farmer is not getting a look in. Does anyone know which players have not even made the weekly 21 man squad?

gotitans101_
21-07-20, 09:43 PM
Fermor completely dropped from the side...did Holbrook & co see the same defensive deficiencies in his game over the past two weeks that some of us here had mentioned?

edit: Silly question. Hipgrave is still there.

JunctionBlock
22-07-20, 06:21 AM
Fermor completely dropped from the side...did Holbrook & co see the same defensive deficiencies in his game over the past two weeks that some of us here had mentioned?

edit: Silly question. Hipgrave is still there.

Anyone defending next to Taylor has deficiencies.

NZFan
22-07-20, 06:39 AM
I’m a bit disappointed to see Spry droppped. He really didn’t get many opportunities on the wing, especially last week. Nice to see Roberts left out of the 21 again though.

willhelm
22-07-20, 07:24 AM
I’m a bit disappointed to see Spry droppped. He really didn’t get many opportunities on the wing, especially last week. Nice to see Roberts left out of the 21 again though.

Eh, I wouldn't say he's "dropped". He was there filling in for injuries. Now our experienced guys are back and he's making way. He'll get another opportunity at some stage.

Upthetits
22-07-20, 08:36 AM
yeah i couldn't fault spry, he didn't do anything in my eyes to get dropped. But as will mentioned I guess holbrook wants to give the experienced guys a go. After all its their contracts that won't be getting renewed

Titanic
22-07-20, 10:36 AM
Spry and Fermor are following the path of all developing players. They didn’t do too much wrong, will get other opportunities and Holbrook must select the best side he believes has the most capabilities. Crystal and Cokey aren’t outrageous selections.

shamus
22-07-20, 11:31 AM

38th

27th

In the warmup pre game

Mr Bods
22-07-20, 12:59 PM
In the warmup pre game

I will enter that as the 0th minute.

Titanic
22-07-20, 07:57 PM
Crystal will get subbed by Peachey at 25 mins and return 15 into the second half.

Dobes
23-07-20, 05:03 PM
Young T to be back in about 2-3 weeks apparently, AJ also back to full training so hopefully he isn't too far off either

Upthetits
23-07-20, 06:41 PM
Young T to be back in about 2-3 weeks apparently, AJ also back to full training so hopefully he isn't too far off either

It would be nice to see the team fully fit and play a few games together with our strongest lineup to see where we are really at

Mr Bods
24-07-20, 09:45 AM
Last week v Storm we were $8
This week v Panthers $6.20
It’s a bit sad going for a club that’s paying such uncompetitive odds in H2H markets

willhelm
24-07-20, 10:01 AM
Last week v Storm we were $8
This week v Panthers $6.20
It’s a bit sad going for a club that’s paying such uncompetitive odds in H2H markets

Surprised it's that high with Koroisau and Edwards out.

Titslover
24-07-20, 11:05 AM
Don't worry Bods, Warriors are $10, Broncos $8.50 and Bulldogs $5.50 as well. I also saw a facebook fan poll the other day about who will get the spoon out of us and those 3 teams and we had the least amount of votes.

Mr Bods
24-07-20, 11:25 AM
Don't worry Bods, Warriors are $10, Broncos $8.50 and Bulldogs $5.50 as well. I also saw a facebook fan poll the other day about who will get the spoon out of us and those 3 teams and we had the least amount of votes.

When you teams in H2H matches paying odds like that it tells me that the NRL have a problem. It’s meant to have been designed for equalisation but this year It has 3 tiers.
1-a definite elite top 4 to fight out the Premiership
2-an out of sorts bottom 4 that are semi uncompetitive
3-a middle 8 that are there to purely compete to make the finals and then get despatched

TitanPremiership
25-07-20, 11:39 AM
Anyone able to tell me why I feel good going into this game. Actually looking forward to tomorrow which is probably gonna haunt me that evening. Maybe our first 30 mins last week have given me some hope similar to some broncos fans this week. Freddy and Joey also thought it would be close surprisingly.

willhelm
25-07-20, 11:54 AM
Anyone able to tell me why I feel good going into this game. Actually looking forward to tomorrow which is probably gonna haunt me that evening. Maybe our first 30 mins last week have given me some hope similar to some broncos fans this week. Freddy and Joey also thought it would be close surprisingly.

I thought we looked really good against the Storm for the first 20 or so minutes. Then we started dropping the ball and it snowballed. There’s the makings of a good footy team there, just need to fix up the discipline. I think $6.50 is good value considering Panthers have no Koroisau or Edwards. Looking forward to the game.

TitanPremiership
25-07-20, 12:04 PM
Either way if anyone needs something to make them feel better after the game I recommend taking a look at the Broncos forum. I have started looking at it mainly for the Fifita thread and the place is imploding, it is a crack up.

Mr Bods
25-07-20, 12:28 PM
Haven’t seen DrongoeBill or a_guest show their double heads in here for quite a while

Mr Bods
25-07-20, 12:55 PM
I remember a few years ago a Penrith v Titans game in Penrith was billed as this clash of the next two dominant NSW/QLD halfbacks of the next decade.

TitanPremiership
25-07-20, 01:16 PM
Still is Bodsy, I reckon Ash has been slowly finding form again. I hold a very small glimmer of hope he'll beat out DCE for the QLD jersey in the next couple of years. If you ask me DCE lost game 3 last year for us by not kicking it out and instead doing a bomb with a minute or two left. Come to think of it there aren't many contenders for the QLD halfback spot currently. Let me dream.

Mexican titan
25-07-20, 01:26 PM
Still is Bodsy, I reckon Ash has been slowly finding form again. I hold a very small glimmer of hope he'll beat out DCE for the QLD jersey in the next couple of years. If you ask me DCE lost game 3 last year for us by not kicking it out and instead doing a bomb with a minute or two left. Come to think of it there aren't many contenders for the QLD halfback spot currently. Let me dream.

You sure are dreaming champ. Ash is no better than last year and he certainly isn't getting better. To even mention him in an Origin jersey is one hell of a dream.
As for our halves I'd like to see Tanah and Fogarty together for a few games and see how they go. We are just wasting time persisting with Taylor.

TitanPremiership
25-07-20, 01:38 PM
I will admit the origin part is a dream haha but I would love to hear how Taylor deserves to be dropped. Last game he got our only try assist and would've got another had Fogarty not lost the ball before grounding. Other than those 2 opportunities we barely had the field position for him to do much else. From what I've seen his defence has also improved although I'm sure someone will say NAF went straight through him.

JunctionBlock
25-07-20, 02:53 PM
Given our previous completion rates on a dry track I’m not looking forward to it with the rain the way it is.

Going into the game expecting a loss is a lot easier than going in expecting g to win. Now we get to see improvements or players not required in the future.

Mr Bods
25-07-20, 03:10 PM
I’m expecting better efforts from here on with the Fifita contract as blokes fight for new contracts

DIEHARD
25-07-20, 03:23 PM
Titans v Panthers: Proctor back as Penrith trio ruled out
http://www.nrl.com

With only three wins to their name in 2020, the Titans are struggling to stay in finals contention.

They threw their best punch at the Storm last week and were right in the contest just before half-time.

They were ultimately blown away 42-6 but first-year coach Justin Holbrook would've been encouraged by his team's first-half effort and will be demanding an 80-minute performance on Sunday.

The Panthers notched their eighth win of the season last week against the Cowboys and coach Ivan Cleary will be doing his best to keep complacency at bay against a team they're expected to beat comfortably.

Match: Titans v Panthers
ROUND 11 - SUNDAY 26TH JULY

Home Team Titans Odds
$6.50
Away Team Panthers Odds
$1.12
Venue:Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast

Team news
Titans: Dale Copley returns from injury, bumping Phillip Sami to wing and Treymain Spry out of the side. Captain Kevin Proctor is also back from a biceps injury as a straight swap in the back row for Beau Fermor.

Jamal Fogarty has been named despite going off injured last week. Gold Coast have won only one of their past 11 games at Cbus Super Stadium.

Panthers: Caleb Aekins returns to fullback for Dylan Edwards (hamstring) while Brent Naden moves to centre for Dean Whare (thigh) with Malakai Watene-Zelezniak called up on the wing.

Api Koroisau (elbow) is also injured with Mitch Kenny in at hooker. The Panthers have won five of their past six games against the Titans.

Key match-up
Erin Clark/Tanah Boyd v Api Koroisau: Holbrook used Clark at hooker for 45 minutes last week and Boyd filled the role for the final 35 minutes. Both will have to be bring their absolute best against one of the NRL's most dangerous players. Koroisau is being touted as a State of Origin rep in 2020.

He is a master of dummy-half play and he's the main reason why the Panthers are firmly on course for a top-four finish.

Stat Attack
The Panthers only have to reflect on last year's round five duel with the Titans if they need a reminder of what happens when you underestimate your opponent. The Titans claimed a 30-24 victory as Michael Gordon scored a try and kicked five from five. Penrith exacted revenge on home soil in round 17, with Brian To'o and Dylan Edwards bagging two tries apiece in a 24-2 triumph.

DIEHARD
25-07-20, 03:38 PM
#TitansSuperFan – Dress in your best Titans gear, snap a pic and use the hashtag to go in the draw to win a double Village Roadshow Ultimate One Pass.

DIEHARD
25-07-20, 03:42 PM
Coaches Last Words: Titans focused ahead of Panthers
https://www.titans.com.au/

Gold Coast Titans Head Coach Justin Holbrook said he was focused on his own team's performance rather the dangers presented by a Panthers side that can regain top spot on the Telstra Premiership ladder with a win on Sunday.

"They're playing really well, they're completing really high and they've got some dangerous strike players," he said of Penrith.

"We've got to play better ourselves. We competed well for 25/30 minutes last week and then got overpowered making too many errors against the Storm. We've got to play the full 80 minutes tomorrow and I'm confident if we do that we can get the win.

"They're a side that don't beat themselves, they play pretty simple really and they've got some strike individual players that they rely on. So it's up to us to make sure we're well aware of that."

The Titans are buoyed by the return of experienced duo Dale Copley and Kevin Proctor. Their returns come on the back of Brian Kelly and Phillip Sami rejoining the side last week against the Storm and have the Titans ret

"It is [a big challenge] but it's great for us. KP's played for a long time and to have him and Dale Copley back – I thought we missed a few senior players last week and that was the difference," Holbrook said on Saturday.

"To get those guys back, yeah we've got a big job to do to deal with Kikau and Crichton on their left edge, but Kevin's full of experience and he's always been a great defender so I'm confident we'll be OK there."

The home match against the Panthers has been dubbed 'Sunday Family Fun Day' by the Titans, with a focus on families attending what will be just their third home match with fans since the resumption of the season in round three.

"I think it's great," Holbrook said. "The players have done a great job while there were cardboard cutouts and no fans allowed, but to now [have fans] be able to come to the games – I think it was great at our last outing against the Warriors to storm home and get a win at our home ground so it'd be great to play well again there tomorrow and get a win over the Panthers."

Titslover
25-07-20, 03:56 PM
Kikau out too, we actually might have a chance here

DIEHARD
26-07-20, 02:30 AM
LeagueUnlimited: Titans v Panthers preview
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34838-titans-v-panthers-preview/

DIEHARD
26-07-20, 02:35 AM
League Unlimited are doing a Big League-like magazine each Round. Check it out CLICK HERE (https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34830-the-front-row-volume-1-issue-9-nrl-round-11/)

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/24.3.jpg

DIEHARD
26-07-20, 02:37 AM
http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/24.4.jpg

Upthetits
26-07-20, 07:43 AM
Game day!

Can't wait to see what our ball handling is like in this weather

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 07:58 AM
This weather sucks
I am rapidly losing motivation to go today

TitansFan
26-07-20, 08:39 AM
I sense an upset coming our way today. We are definitely good value for the punters at $5.50 head to head with a 14.5 start.

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 08:51 AM
With the amount of players out for the Panthers and this weather it has definitely evened the playing field. Panthers aren’t taking us seriously and no one wants to play in this (unless it’s under 10’s). If we prepare and motivate the team they could have a slim chance if we can hang on to the ball.

GCTTSD
26-07-20, 09:41 AM
We can barely hold on to the ball in dry conditions so I am abit worried today even with all panthers injuries they still have Cleary in red hot form he will put on a kicking masterclass in these wet conditions

mdrew
26-07-20, 10:08 AM
Jai Whitbread onto the interchange bench for Sam Lisone.

- - - Updated - - -

plus Viliame Kikau out for Penrith.

Titanic
26-07-20, 10:26 AM
Strangely I feel if Wallace can find some form then we will be right in this.

Upthetits
26-07-20, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know what the go is with kids? I got a 4 yo and 2.5 yo. I cant seem to get children's tickets. Can we just bring them or what's the go with this covid stuff? I can't contact ticketmaster either

willhelm
26-07-20, 11:09 AM
Lisone injured? I don't mind Whitbread. Good honest toiler, albeit limited impact.

Bayside Titan
26-07-20, 11:20 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Like to see how he goes today.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 11:26 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Wept. What the hell has happened this time???
Is this another Dan Ferris special ??

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 03:13 PM
Jesus Wept. What the hell has happened this time???
Is this another Dan Ferris special ??

Fair to say now that every club has battled a massive injury toll this season. Newcastle have probably just lost Watson and McCulloch for the season.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 03:15 PM
Fair to say now that every club has battled a massive injury toll this season. Newcastle have probably just lost Watson and McCulloch for the season.

Yeah but our injuries happen when not playing matches far too often

shamus
26-07-20, 03:15 PM
What rain?

.... and bloody dogs are gunna stuff my Multi!

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 03:17 PM
Yeah but our injuries happen when not playing matches far too often

Who knows how/when he was injured. Bulldogs about to beat the Knights is more concerning.

TitanPremiership
26-07-20, 03:19 PM
Peats in at Hooker excited so see how he goes. Hopefully well.
1. Corey Thompson

2. Anthony Don

3. Brian Kelly

4. Dale Copley

5. Phillip Sami

6. Ashley Taylor

7. Jamal Fogarty

8. Moeaki Fotuaika

19. Nathan Peats

10. Jaimin Jolliffe

11. Kevin Proctor

18. Sam Stone

13. Jai Arrow

INTERCHANGE

14. Tanah Boyd

21. Jai Whitbread

16. Tyrone Peachey

17. Jarrod Wallace

Dooldog76
26-07-20, 03:21 PM
Sam stone in for Hipgrave

timor 2
26-07-20, 03:21 PM
What happened to Hipgrave?

TitanPremiership
26-07-20, 03:23 PM
What happened to Hipgrave?

Probably that shoulder from couple weeks ago... would explain last weeks performance too and was spoken about during the week I think.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 03:25 PM
Sam stone in for Hipgrave

Insert Rant

- - - Updated - - -

Was wanting to see Peats be given another crack at it.
I’d be interested to know though if Clark is also a Dan Ferris special

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 03:26 PM
Titans website just saysHolbrook made three changes. Doesn’t say injuries.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 03:40 PM
I think the 200 imbeciles that crossed the border giving false names and/or addresses are here in the crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

The warm up has started
Will Copley survive?

Mexican titan
26-07-20, 04:07 PM
I thought the rain had cleared. About half time it will get wet.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 04:13 PM
Who’s the referee ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the youngest Sutton?

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 04:15 PM
Looks like our handling hasn’t improved. Doing this the hard way again today.

- - - Updated - - -

Who’s the referee ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the youngest Sutton?

Adam Gee

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 04:16 PM
Thanks JB re Gee.

willhelm
26-07-20, 04:16 PM
What the hell is going on with our handling?

NZFan
26-07-20, 04:17 PM
Another terrible read by Don. Copley had the inside man covered

lonegull
26-07-20, 04:23 PM
Geez fogerty gets caught on his heels a lot in defence when teams are attacking his side

Just-a-Fan
26-07-20, 04:25 PM
WOW when are we going to learn we need a centre

lonegull
26-07-20, 04:29 PM
This ref is bloody woeful

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 04:32 PM
I’ll say this before Taylor attempts this conversion

Fogarty should be the goal kicker

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 04:35 PM
Geez fogerty gets caught on his heels a lot in defence when teams are attacking his side

Good thing he can show them his heels for 95m too. Yew

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus isn’t weeping. He’s changed the channel. Score four to give them a potential 6. What a disaster from the kick return.

Titanic Believer
26-07-20, 04:37 PM
WOW when are we going to learn we need a centre

My sentiment also. Million Dollar forwards but same mediocre backs. How do you get a two man overlap on Penrith's second try?

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 04:38 PM
GAGF Maxwell

lonegull
26-07-20, 04:39 PM
I rate this ref worse than perenara that’s saying something

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 04:39 PM
Another vote for getting rid of the bunker. Useless

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 04:41 PM
These crucial non stop 50-50 calls that go against us takes its toll. It’s just disgraceful.

willhelm
26-07-20, 04:41 PM
I’ve counted at least 3 Penrith knock ons that haven’t been called. Wtf is going on?

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 04:42 PM
These crucial non stop 50-50 calls that go against us takes its toll. It’s just disgraceful.

We had a couple of weeks where we had the refs calls. That has clearly finished. Anything we drop is a loose carry. Anything they drop is a rake.

NZFan
26-07-20, 04:43 PM
We need some decent outside backs to get our sets going in our own half. We also need backs that know how to hold the ball.

Hail Sezer
26-07-20, 04:47 PM
Sam Stone loses every single contact he’s involved in, whether he’s the defender or ball carrier

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 04:47 PM
Sam Stone loses every single contact he’s involved in, whether he’s the defender or ball carrier

Did somebody call for a Fermor?

Hail Sezer
26-07-20, 04:49 PM
Did somebody call for a Fermor?

I call for him every night but he never comes

NZFan
26-07-20, 04:50 PM

Yeah he's very weak in the contact. Doesn't offer any variation in attacker either. Don't know what anybody sees in him.

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 04:51 PM
Good play from Ash and BK. Good vision and communication. Might be able to take advantage of a second string fullback out of position.

Buy your ponchos. Going to be a wet 2nd half. Front just pushing through Coomera now.

ozynorts
26-07-20, 04:51 PM
I was certain that Taylor’s kick was way to big, awesome effort by BK to score there.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 04:53 PM
Take away these useless cheating NSW referees and we are leading
It’s BS

ozynorts
A bit of luck there as Copley lost that ball.

TitansState
Thats for the bs bunker call

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 04:55 PM
I call for him every night but he never comes

Why have chicken parmi when he’s got fillet Mignon with me.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a game. Riff fell asleep. We get the obligatory penalty even up before half time and capitalise

Toads
26-07-20, 04:56 PM
Bloody entertaining first half, hope they got enough in the tank for the second half..

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 05:12 PM
So KP runs Luai off the ball and this is who people want to re-sign as the example of experience for our young forward pack?

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 05:26 PM
For those wondering why Ash just kicked on the 3rd tackle. Channel 9 commentators are saying he has run for 28 metres today. Obviously doesn’t want to get tackled.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 05:30 PM
Dead set forward pass

Hail Sezer
26-07-20, 05:30 PM
Jai was too slow to get to that short side there, entire edge had to jam in

TitansState
26-07-20, 05:31 PM
Thats poor to let him get better conversion position.

ozynorts
26-07-20, 05:31 PM
Still time if we aim up

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 05:32 PM
Jai was too slow to get to that short side there, entire edge had to jam in

He looked lost when he got up from the tackle. It was weird. Little urgency from him.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 05:35 PM
Need Tanah on now

Mexican titan
26-07-20, 05:37 PM
Take away these useless cheating NSW referees and we are leading
It’s BS

Isn't this the ref you wrapped a few weeks back. He's dead set screwing us today.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 05:39 PM
Isn't this the ref you wrapped a few weeks back. He's dead set screwing us today.

Yes he is
I’m eating my words

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 05:40 PM
Yes he is
I’m eating my words

Badger is running water for him. Must have told him if he’s fair his drink gets spiked.

GCTTSD
26-07-20, 05:42 PM
That was the worst 7 tackle set restart Ive ever seen

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 05:42 PM
**** me. We get a call,go our way. Two tackles we go zero metres then useless throws the ball to a well covered Sami to be taken over the line. We should give lessons on how to suck.

NZTITAN
26-07-20, 05:48 PM
Finally going to have multiple go to metre eaters in the pack next year.

Titanic Believer
26-07-20, 05:48 PM
How many 6 again by Peachy?

TitansState
26-07-20, 05:51 PM
This ref has been pure dog**** this entire game

JunctionBlock
26-07-20, 05:54 PM
Well we didn’t get flogged and that can happen when we play panthers. Feels weird to have nothing bad to say about JWal too

indoallstars
26-07-20, 05:56 PM
I'm sick to death of our team getting dudded by these corrupt refs, how many games are they going to cost us

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 05:57 PM
Referee and Bunker
Sydney cheats

gotitans101_
26-07-20, 05:57 PM
Peachey should **** off with Boyd and Cartwright.

GCTTSD
26-07-20, 06:06 PM
I like Sami overall but I think he should be dropped for spry I till he learns how to run hard and straight, same with don but he always seems to score or make things happen so he gets a pass till we get better wingers. We are so terrible at coming out of our own end, always play so deep and turn the ball over way to much

ozynorts
26-07-20, 06:39 PM
Taylor and Fogarty’s decision making late in the game was woeful.
Was impressed with JWall today.

timor 2
26-07-20, 07:11 PM
DUBIOUS CALL HELPS PANTHERS TO BEST SEASON START EVER.... couriermail subscriber only

Dooldog76
26-07-20, 07:19 PM
Home dry and warm. Not disappointed with that effort at all. Couple of bad calls and stupid errors but we had a red hot crack. Watching the game this afternoon has made me think the fifita signing is an absolute winner. We really lacked an x factor in the second half when pushing for points. Where was that player that can bust the line or put a play on. Unfortunately our halves didn't deliver today, but all I am seeing is improvement.

GCTTSD
26-07-20, 07:31 PM
Home dry and warm. Not disappointed with that effort at all. Couple of bad calls and stupid errors but we had a red hot crack. Watching the game this afternoon has made me think the fifita signing is an absolute winner. We really lacked an x factor in the second half when pushing for points. Where was that player that can bust the line or put a play on. Unfortunately our halves didn't deliver today, but all I am seeing is improvement.

Yep if we had aj, Fifita and Tino I think we win that game, but then of course you add kikau and korisau and we may have gotten flogged, I will say it was good to see us stay competitive for the whole 80 and not let the scoreline blow out

TitanPremiership
26-07-20, 07:34 PM
Obviously hasn't been exceptionally much here but gees on FB there is way too much ATay bashing. Our forwards got monstered with JWall and Arrow topping with 92 and 84m respectively. For perspective the Panthers forwards nearly all managed well over 100m. A couple end of sets at the end of game were poor but that started with the service half the time as well.

Mr Bods
26-07-20, 07:46 PM
Was a good effort By us.
Was a fantastic effort for the Riff by the referees, touch judges and the bunker boys. It’s just disgraceful what we put up with.
This Coach and his staff I totally believe in.
Gotta hang in there and stay healthy as it will turn in the next couple of years.

Nols of the Goldy
26-07-20, 07:57 PM
Controversial call helps Panthers to best season start ever

A controversial try in the dying stages killed off any chance of a miraculous Titans win and saw the Panthers notch their best start in the club history.

Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only
|
July 26, 2020 6:12pm

Even without their strike weapons, Penrith proved they are the real deal after they managed to scrap a tough 22-14 win over the Titans in a wet weather affair on the Gold Coast on Sunday.

Down-and-out on troops, including Viliame Kikau and Dylan Edwards, the Panthers survived a second half surge by the Titans to make it six straight wins and a spot on top of the premiership ladder.

A day after the club snared the signature of boom backrower David Fifita, the Titans seemed to have a renewed sense of vigour after threatening to down the red-hot Penrith side.

Trailing two points at halftime, the Gold Coast looked as if they were about to topple the ladder leaders.

But a controversial try to winger Malakai Watene-Zelezniak in the 61st minute helped Penrith to their best start to a competition in club history.

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary was left buoyed by the tough win given he was in charge of the most inexperienced side he’s ever coached.

“We came here with a pretty different-looking side,” Cleary side.

“Today was always going to be a test of our systems and our culture.

“People went into certain spots and got the job done so that was a bit of a test and I think we passed that today.

“It wasn’t our best, but you take a hooker out, a fullback, a strike backrower, one of the centres in one week, it’s not going to work as cleanly as other weeks.”

Watene-Zelezniak’s 61st minute try was thought to be forward by players, fans and commentators alike, however the on-field referee awarded the four-pointer.

Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook admitted there had been calls go against his side but said it was a learning curve for the club moving forward.

“There wasn’t much in the second half,” Holbrook said.

“We played with nothing going our way (but) we need to be better.

“I thought we competed hard for the whole game but it was just our end of sets needed to be better.

“It tells us we were better than last week but we also need to be better next week.

“We’re learning how to play.”

The Titans seemed all but out of the match in the first half, with a horrid 39 per cent possession, 76 per cent completion rate and 50 more tackles than the opposition.

But incredibly, they managed to trail just 16-14 at halftime.

A storm warning and shower during the break seemed to refresh the home side who came roaring out of the sheds, with a 100 per cent completion rate and zero errors in the third quarter of the game.

It’s Penrith’s best start in the club’s history after 11 rounds and jumped them to the top of the ladder.

The eight point victory was made even sweeter considering the experience of the Penrith pack.

The visitors fielded the most inexperienced NRL side of the weekend, in terms of games-played, with their starting 17 boasting a total 968 games between them.

Caleb Aekins played his first game in six weeks, replacing injured Penrith fullback Dylan Edwards (hamstring) in the No.1 jersey.

Penrith’s lethal left edge also continued its dominance, now boasting 23 of the Panthers 45 tries of the season.

The big boys can’t come soon enough for the Titans who were monstered through the middle by Penrith on Sunday.

With the likes of Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Herman Ese’ese and now David Fifita set to join the club next season, Gold Coast’s engine room will undergo a much-needed tune up.

The starting Gold Coast forward pack finished the first half with just 165 running metres between the five of them while Penrith’s James Tamou (110m) almost matched them alone.

Young halfback Jamal Fogarty is also showing signs of a bright future with the 26-year-old starring for the home side, including a miraculous 95 metre runaway try.

Upthetits
26-07-20, 08:01 PM
Being at the game, the 6 again rule is really frustrating. Its nearly impossible to know why they call it.

We didn't deserve to win that but wow I felt that ref was calling against us there. Like he expected the panthers to be the better team in his head so all 50/50 calls went their way.

Mansor got smashed in a fair tackle. Got up and played the ball slowly then he blows a penalty against us for offside. They were standing there for about 5 seconds waiting to go as he took forever to play the ball. Was a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

The starting Gold Coast forward pack finished the first half with just 165 running metres between the five of them while Penrith’s James Tamou (110m) almost matched them alone.

My God that is embarrassing

Nols of the Goldy
26-07-20, 08:03 PM
Bryce Cartwright set to quit Gold Coast Titans club as he weighs up his future in the NRL

Big name Titans recruit Bryce Cartwright is on the verge of walking out on the club and heading home to Sydney as details of his desire to leave emerge.

Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only
|
July 26, 2020 1:17pm

Maligned Titans forward Bryce Cartwright is on the verge of quitting the Gold Coast club as he weighs up his future in the NRL.

News Corp can reveal Cartwright is seeking a release from his contract at the Titans to return to Sydney for personal reasons.

Cartwright was a notable omission from the Titans team for last week’s loss to Melbourne and will not face his former club Penrith on Sunday afternoon at Cbus Super Stadium.

It is understood Cartwright has returned to Sydney with his family and may have played his last game for the Titans.

The Titans will also this week finalise a release for $2.4 million flop Shannon Boyd to leave the club.

Boyd has only made one NRL appearance this year and is planning to retire and work in a family business.

The departures of Boyd and possibly Cartwright, along with captain Ryan James’ move to Canberra next year, has freed up significant salary cap space for the Titans.

That allowed the club to secure the signature of boom Broncos forward David Fifita on Saturday on a three-year contract worth $3.5 million.

Cartwright was released by the Panthers to join the Titans in 2018 under former coach Garth Brennan, who was an assistant at Penrith and held a close bond with Cartwright.

He has failed to find any genuine consistent form in 43 games for the Gold Coast and is likely to depart immediately despite being contracted until the end of the 2021 season.

Cartwright, 25, burst onto the NRL scene in 2014 and was talked about as a potential NSW Origin star.

But his defensive efforts have regularly been criticised and it is believed his love for the game has waned in recent years.

Cartwright told News Corp a fortnight ago, in the lead-up to his final game, that he wondered how much longer he could play on for.

“I do worry about how much longer I can keep going,” he said.

“I had a meniscus tear when I was 15 and the surgeon scraped out all the cartilage. Then two years ago, I did the meniscus in my other knee. Since then, it’s been bone-on-bone.

“The critics don’t see what you go through. Two weeks ago, I had to get my knees drained. I had 100ml of fluid taken out. My knees swell up and I have to get it drained all the time. That’s the price some players pay in this game.

“We get paid good money, but it’s not an easy ride.

“It’s hard mentally on me at times. But I always believe in never giving up. I will battle as long as I can until I retire.

“What keeps me going is the feeling I haven’t reached my best.

“I do get disappointed at my inconsistency and I want to get back to playing the football I know I can. I want to repay the Titans for giving me a chance after I left Penrith.”

TitanPremiership
26-07-20, 08:05 PM
I did remember thinking we were probably offside because he took 5 seconds Upthetits... was painful to watch at times that game. Think counts ended up a with Panthers getting 5 set restarts and 6 penalties to our 2 set restarts and 3 penalties. Now I am not saying they didn't deserve most of theirs but you can't tell me the Panthers only gave away 2 all game.

Upthetits
26-07-20, 08:53 PM
I did remember thinking we were probably offside because he took 5 seconds Upthetits... was painful to watch at times that game. Think counts ended up a with Panthers getting 5 set restarts and 6 penalties to our 2 set restarts and 3 penalties. Now I am not saying they didn't deserve most of theirs but you can't tell me the Panthers only gave away 2 all game.

It felt like every chance we seemed to get ontop a little we would get called back out of it...I guess my frustration was clouding my judgement.

ozynorts
27-07-20, 07:53 AM
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/07/26/post-match-press-conference/?fbclid=IwAR10zeGNWX3_1qkPp7wbiGjxn18j3bL1goI72LVb ya14okBcsjNz1nezd8g

Coach isn't happy with the end of sets in the second half.... The million dollar man again.

JunctionBlock
27-07-20, 09:32 AM
https://www.titans.com.au/news/2020/07/26/post-match-press-conference/?fbclid=IwAR10zeGNWX3_1qkPp7wbiGjxn18j3bL1goI72LVb ya14okBcsjNz1nezd8g

Coach isn't happy with the end of sets in the second half.... The million dollar man again.

Wasn't happy with the officiating as well.

shamus
27-07-20, 12:56 PM
21 extra sets of 6 tackles. So Titans did well to keep them to 22 points

NZFan
27-07-20, 01:00 PM

It wasn’t Ash’s fault that Fogarty kicked the ball out on the full. There’s two playmakers there and Fogarty is the organising half who is meant to guide us around the field. Ash’s game wasn’t great but let’s not aim all of the criticism at him.

For example, when he kicked deep in our half on the third tackle most of our players hadn’t got back on slide despite it being the third tackle. He looked up to pass the ball and nobody was there. I’m not saying that he did the right thing because he really should have tucked the ball and run from dummy half but he’s not the only one to blame in that situation.

On another point, I thought we looked a lot better defensively with Peats on the field compared to our other 2 starting hookers. His passing also looked much improved since we last saw him.

I’d really like to see both Peats and Taylor run more though. At times we look like we just shovel the ball sideways hoping that somebody else will do something.