PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: NZ WARRIORS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
05-07-20, 12:10 PM
NZ WARRIORS vs TITANS

Titanic
06-07-20, 04:31 AM
This is our bogey team (the first person who says “they are all our bogey team” can kiss my butt) so I’m hoping we rub their noses in it this week.

Mr Bods
06-07-20, 06:57 AM
^^^ yeah I agree. If I was to pick one team to call our bogey team it’s NZ. They seem to lift for some reason and be more motivated when they play us.
I’d like the 6000 crowd cap to successfully limit things so it feels like a genuine Titans home game against them for once.
It disappoints me seeing the NZers who live here and work here abd bringing up kids here not getting around our club, community and team.
Sure go for NZ in International Sports 100% but in club footy be with us.

Whats Doing
06-07-20, 11:06 AM
Does anyone have the club email to nominate for Warriors game and it ends up with the Sharks and then nothing

Mr Bods
06-07-20, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have the club email to nominate for Warriors game and it ends up with the Sharks and then nothing

I can help you and everyone else out with that.
If that happens it means you already filled out their survey last week and the club already knows you want tickets and are intending to go to future matches.
You have nothing to worry about.

I’ve both spoken on the phone to Adam and received an email from Mitch about it.

So getting that Sharks page come up when you log in Is actually good news.

Whats Doing
06-07-20, 11:33 AM
Thanks Bodsie

Dooldog76
06-07-20, 03:46 PM
I got the sharks page but hadn't nominated. All sorted now. I'm with you bodsie. Hopefully we can drown out the warriors supporters for a change.

Mexican titan
06-07-20, 04:03 PM
I thought the Govt advert in the paper yesterday stated that crowds could be 50% of capacity up to 25,000. That means we could have up to around 13,000 even though we wouldn't get that. Have I read it wrong or is the nanny state mentality striking again.

Edit: just read the latest Titans email and they have decided to slow the crowd increases. Yep the nanny state mentality as I thought. Blows me away.

Mr Bods
06-07-20, 05:27 PM
I thought the Govt advert in the paper yesterday stated that crowds could be 50% of capacity up to 25,000. That means we could have up to around 13,000 even though we wouldn't get that. Have I read it wrong or is the nanny state mentality striking again.

Edit: just read the latest Titans email and they have decided to slow the crowd increases. Yep the nanny state mentality as I thought. Blows me away.

One mans “nanny state” is another mans “response to a pandemic”.
Depends where you sit.

Mexican titan
06-07-20, 06:24 PM
One mans “nanny state” is another mans “response to a pandemic”.
Depends where you sit.

Ok....but the Government has given the ok for 50% of a venues capacity to be used, and the Titans haven't taken it.
I guess I'm just over some of the crap. For example the Govt gives the ok for venues to increase patrons, but from 12pm on a Monday. Why not opening time. The border is open, except to Vics from the 10th - why not now, rather than have a two hour delay today getting over the border. Whats going to change between today and Friday. My mates in business are spewing.
Not to mention the kick to kick on the ground after games (not now of course). The Titans or CBus management use any excuse to cancel it and even to know that it even happens is in the fine print of game day promotions. The AFL advertise as a main attraction and as a result their grounds are flooded with kids.
Rant over.

Mr Bods
06-07-20, 06:27 PM
Ok....but the Government has given the ok for 50% of a venues capacity to be used, and the Titans haven't taken it.
I guess I'm just over some of the crap. For example the Govt gives the ok for venues to increase patrons, but from 12pm on a Monday. Why not opening time. The border is open, except to Vics from the 10th - why not now, rather than have a two hour delay today getting over the border. Whats going to change between today and Friday. My mates in business are spewing.
Not to mention the kick to kick on the ground after games (not now of course). The Titans or CBus management use any excuse to cancel it and even to know that it even happens is in the fine print of game day promotions. The AFL advertise as a main attraction and as a result their grounds are flooded with kids.
Rant over.

Love a good rant whether I agree or not. Some great points there. I don’t recall hearing that 50% would be allowed in. You are probably right though.

Mexican titan
06-07-20, 06:41 PM
Love a good rant whether I agree or not. Some great points there. I don’t recall hearing that 50% would be allowed in. You are probably right though.

Too many reds probably mate.
A great week for sport on the Coast. Titans Friday night and I think I'll go to AFL games on Saturday and Sunday arvos. Take advantage of it all while we can. I'm NRL through and through but why not watch the other stuff when decent games are here.

NZTITAN
07-07-20, 03:03 PM
TEAM LIST V WARRIORS

1 Corey Thompson
2 Anthony Don
3 Beau Fermor
4 Bryce Cartwright
5 Treymain Spry
6 Ashley Taylor
7 Jamal Fogarty
8 Moeaki Fotuaika
9 Erin Clark
10 Jaimin Jolliffe
11 Sam Stone
12 Keegan Hipgrave
13 Jai Arrow (c)

INTERCHANGE
14 Tanah Boyd
15 Sam Lisone
16 Tyrone Peachey
17 Jarrod Wallace

18 Jai Whitbread
19 Nathan Peats
20 Greg Leleisiuao
21 Tyrone Roberts

indoallstars
07-07-20, 03:06 PM
Some big changes in there, hopefully we get to see GL take Cartwright's spot, don't mind seeing Fermor in centre he seems quite agile. How good is it finally seeing Spry get a run, still wish Kelly wasn't injured though.

Not the best looking team of the year but great to see the blooding of some new players.

Titslover
07-07-20, 03:08 PM
Surely Fermor in the centres is a g up? And why the hell would Stone be back in the team let alone starting?? I can see why he would put Spry in over GL though seeing as the Warriors wingers are giants

mdrew
07-07-20, 03:09 PM
Spry is definately not small

Mr Bods
07-07-20, 03:18 PM
We are in a deep hole. Injury riddled epically and a bloke who’s already said he’s pissing off as the Captain.

Nonetheless, if they bring the effort and passion then this lineup at the very least will be a much better defensive outfit than last Saturday’s 17. A lot less defensive liability’s in this 17.
That’s what I’ll look forward to this week.
Passion and pride in the jumper.

Hail Sezer
07-07-20, 03:19 PM
GL is not a centre by any stretch, let’s just make that clear

On the other hand that centre pairing has a taste of John Cartwright circa 2012 about it. Do we have any other healthy centres, though?

Titslover
07-07-20, 03:22 PM
I would’ve thought Spry centre, GL wing and Cartwright 2nd row would make sense. But i guess he doesn’t want GL against their wingers

FalconSloth
07-07-20, 03:26 PM
I’ve heard some pretty big wraps on Spry but nothing you don’t hear about almost every young winger coming through the ranks. You know the all the Greg Inglis comparisons and stuff. I haven’t watched any of him though. Can someone who has watched him play please tell me what you think of his game and how he plays

Titslover
07-07-20, 03:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8bzpk86-ADhHMNyHiDIzmavX8I3nB7kx

Theres a few highlights of him in this link HS posted yesterday, he actually does look like GI to be fair haha, always looks like hes in second gear when he makes a linebreak

FalconSloth
07-07-20, 03:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8bzpk86-ADhHMNyHiDIzmavX8I3nB7kx

Theres a few highlights of him in this link HS posted yesterday, he actually does look like GI to be fair haha, always looks like hes in second gear when he makes a linebreak

Thanks, he looks like he is a good player. And it looks like he has wheels. Doesn’t seem like he has played wing before. I am sort of half expecting a late switch that includes Fermor back to the second row.

JunctionBlock
07-07-20, 04:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gF2NmVN.png

- - - Updated - - -

That’s a sad line up if ever I saw one. Surely we are better to name centres as centres over second rowers.

Spry is literally listed as a centre on our website. Pere and Seiuli don’t care what stage they’re at. If healthy then play one of them and move Cartwright back to the 21.

Could name a better 18-21 to cover as well. Peats to cover Boyd I guess. But Tyrone and Jai could be more strategic.

Dooldog76
07-07-20, 04:19 PM
I like what Holbrook is doing. Searching for the most mobile pack he can get. I like stone, the only issue I have is Wallace. Surely he can go now. At least we are getting to see some players from the emerging squad. What position does GL play?

mdrew
07-07-20, 04:20 PM
GL is a right winger mate

I like what Holbrook is doing. Searching for the most mobile pack he can get. I like stone, the only issue I have is Wallace. Surely he can go now. At least we are getting to see some players from the emerging squad. What position does GL play?

Dooldog76
07-07-20, 04:25 PM
GL is a right winger mate

Thanks mate. That makes it simple. GL to wing, spry to centre and carty can replace Wallace. Happy days all round.

NZTITAN
07-07-20, 04:37 PM
Thanks mate. That makes it simple. GL to wing, spry to centre and carty can replace Wallace. Happy days all round.

Not sure it's that simple, not a fan of debuting two rookie backs at the same time, especially if your solution has them both on the same edge.

Titslover
07-07-20, 04:42 PM
plus the Warriors wingers are absolute giants while GL is like 5’9

Dooldog76
07-07-20, 04:45 PM
Not sure it's that simple, not a fan of debuting two rookie backs at the same time, especially if your solution has them both on the same edge.

Yeh, I was being a bit fasitious, but saying that if they are in the squad and ready to play, then play them. What have we got to lose? And they may actually step and do a good job. No worse than having 2nd rowers playing in the centres and them getting targeted anyway.

Croc
07-07-20, 04:59 PM
They are selling tickets to the game Now, has anyone heard once nominating for the warriors game what seats you guys have?

Hail Sezer
07-07-20, 05:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gF2NmVN.png

- - - Updated - - -

That’s a sad line up if ever I saw one. Surely we are better to name centres as centres over second rowers.

Spry is literally listed as a centre on our website. Pere and Seiuli don’t care what stage they’re at. If healthy then play one of them and move Cartwright back to the 21.

Could name a better 18-21 to cover as well. Peats to cover Boyd I guess. But Tyrone and Jai could be more strategic.

Fairly sure Pere & Seiuli are both development players, meaning they are ineligible.

Plus - neither are remotely ready to play centre at NRL level, Seiuli defensively and Kea in general

Mr Bods
07-07-20, 05:02 PM
GL played in the Centres in the NYC days didn’t he???
The way I Remember it was BK wing and GL centres back then.

I also Remember that GL’s defence infuriated me back then too.

mdrew
07-07-20, 05:16 PM
He spent time in the centres, on the wing and at fullback mate

GL played in the Centres in the NYC days didn’t he???
The way I Remember it was BK wing and GL centres back then.

I also Remember that GL’s defence infuriated me back then too.

jacksonm
07-07-20, 05:23 PM
Holbrook is starting to worry me.....I don’t like forwards in the backs. Moving Thompson last week.......just a few strange things happening

Mexican titan
07-07-20, 05:52 PM
At least Thompson is where he should be. If the Warriors have an on day we will get slaughtered. What a frightful looking side. Clark back in the starting side - even Peats wasn't that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

They are selling tickets to the game Now, has anyone heard once nominating for the warriors game what seats you guys have?

No. My email reply just said that we would be advised by Friday.

gotitans101_
07-07-20, 05:57 PM
It's a sad looking side but I'm not at all surprised. Our casualty ward is horrendous, and heads must roll as to what's going on as far as that is concerned.

At least Roberts has already been dropped lol.

JunctionBlock
07-07-20, 06:55 PM
Fairly sure Pere & Seiuli are both development players, meaning they are ineligible.

Plus - neither are remotely ready to play centre at NRL level, Seiuli defensively and Kea in general

If they’re not eligible then so be it. If they are then we know what Cartwright gives us in the centre’s so nothing to lose imo.

I still would have thought having two centres playing centre rather than second rowers would give us a better look. Spry and Peachey then GL promoted to wing. Fermour for stone. Cartwright to the bench if at all.

GCTTSD
07-07-20, 07:16 PM
Yea I don't get fermor or Carty in the centers, our defence is already terrible and those two aren't going to improve our edge defence at center they will only stifle our attack, I'd rather see another young guy like gl, pere, or seuli given ago. Of their only on development deals surely we could be given special dispensation to play them given our injury toll. Also anyone know where presto jnrs at in regards to playing NRL, he's on a development deal to isn't he? I remember he played good in the trials

willhelm
07-07-20, 07:20 PM
Warriors tend to win through their strong backline. I suspect the selections this week are intended to counter that with the troops we have available. GL would get slaughtered by Maumalo and Fusitua so not a good time to debut him, especially with Spry already on debut. Expect the game plan to involve winning through the middle. Looking forward to big games from Mo and Arrow. Surprised we're playing Clark over Peats though. Surely Peats hasn't dropped off that badly.

mdrew
07-07-20, 07:25 PM
Jayden Campbell is on a three year deal but this year is a Rookie deal not an NRL Development deal.

Yea I don't get fermor or Carty in the centers, our defence is already terrible and those two aren't going to improve our edge defence at center they will only stifle our attack, I'd rather see another young guy like gl, pere, or seuli given ago. Of their only on development deals surely we could be given special dispensation to play them given our injury toll. Also anyone know where presto jnrs at in regards to playing NRL, he's on a development deal to isn't he? I remember he played good in the trials

Hail Sezer
07-07-20, 07:52 PM
If they’re not eligible then so be it. If they are then we know what Cartwright gives us in the centre’s so nothing to lose imo.

I still would have thought having two centres playing centre rather than second rowers would give us a better look. Spry and Peachey then GL promoted to wing. Fermour for stone. Cartwright to the bench if at all.

Yeah I do agree with that. Spry has spent a lot of time in ISC at centre.

Titanic
08-07-20, 01:29 AM
I am going to refrain from bagging the selections ... there is not much else I would tinker with and the calling for more debutants in a side that has lots of rookies doesn't tweak my beak. Roberts out is just gold and for that reason alone I think that Holbrook has justified his reputation. In a game where size has always beaten us I think we don't look too bad. Stone is a bit lucky but I think he was due a game on rotation so I'm not too surprised.

Bayside Titan
08-07-20, 10:29 AM
NS
Cheapie bible: Treymain Spry to make Gold Coast Titans NRL debut
Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail
July 8, 2020 8:54am
Subscriber only
The Gold Coast will debut talented junior Maroons star Treymain Spry this weekend as they turn to their department of youth for Friday’s clash against the New Zealand Warriors.

The highly regarded 20-year-old has been a shining star in the junior Queensland competitions for the past few seasons, having represented the Maroons at both the U18 and U20 levels.

The Ipswich product will make his NRL debut on the wing this weekend, with Tyrone Roberts dropping out of the side and Corey Thompson named at fullback.

Dubbed a genetic freak, Spry has been a standout with Titans feeder club Tweed Heads and his two-try haul against the Sharks in a scrimmage match last week impressed his coaching staff enough to earn a starting spot this week.

Upon his arrival on the Gold Coast at the start of 2019, Spry smashed four gym records during the pre-season and has earned comparisons with South Sydney star Latrell Mitchell.

Coach Justin Holbrook has reshuffled his pack following last week’s disappointing loss to Cronulla, with impressive debutant Beau Fermor being named in the centres.

The Titans are looking to halt a confident Warriors squad, riding high on last week’s win against the bumbling Brisbane Broncos and buoyed by the return of fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Exciting youngster Beau Fermor will start in the centre for the Titans
Exciting youngster Beau Fermor will start in the centre for the Titans.

Gold Coast utility Erin Clark will be out to upset some of his old teammates this weekend when he takes on, for the first time, the club for whom he made his NRL debut in round two in 2017.

The 22-year-old has been handed the starting hooking role for Friday’s game, replacing Mitch Rein who has been sidelined with a leg injury.

After taking some time off away from the game, the Kiwi product has now returned to the NRL – albeit in Gold Coast colours – and has become a handy pick-up for the Titans.

In just his five appearances for the club this year, Clark has averaged 31 running metres per game from dummy half and 28.6 tackles.

“I’m still building confidence at this level,” Clark said.

“I’m still learning and getting used to the game.

“I’ve still got a lot to learn.

https://twitter.com/cmail_sport/status/1280637526911287296?s=21

Upthetits
08-07-20, 12:01 PM
I really hope spry and fermor turn into something special for us. We need some local juniors to really kick on, along with some astute pickups to begin this turn around.

Mr Bods
08-07-20, 06:19 PM
That’s right we have a game this week
If we are going to avoid the wooden spoon this year we need to lift and win this week.

NZFan
09-07-20, 12:21 PM
Just like to say how great it is not to see Roberts name on the team sheet this week. Super excited to see Spry have a run.

Whats Doing
09-07-20, 02:23 PM
I used that EasyPark next to the ground last week. Does anyone know whether it is normally open for parking on game days or other alternatives if not

JunctionBlock
09-07-20, 07:32 PM
Just like to say how great it is not to see Roberts name on the team sheet this week. Super excited to see Spry have a run.

Surprised to see GL dropped with Roberts after last week’s fiasco of having a lack of backs to assemble a broken team.

Hail Sezer
09-07-20, 08:08 PM
Surprised to see GL dropped with Roberts after last week’s fiasco of having a lack of backs to assemble a broken team.

I warmly welcome Jai Whitbreads debut at fullback

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 11:27 AM
Good to see nobody went down at training this week but we still have the pre game warm up to survive

NZFan
10-07-20, 11:40 AM

Yeah I was surprised to see that as well. There was an article on NRL.com yesterday which effectively says GL isn’t fit enough to be playing NRL yet. Even still, I’d imagine an unfit winger would be better than somebody else playing out of position.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 12:28 PM
Expect the warriors nation there tonight. I work with an overwhelming amount of kiwis and they are all going tonight and they're not cheering for the Titans either.

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 12:30 PM
Expect the warriors nation there tonight. I work with an overwhelming amount of kiwis and they are all going tonight and they're not cheering for the Titans either.

6000 crowd cap. First dibs is all the Titans Members. How many tickets would be left over after that?

Dooldog76
10-07-20, 12:46 PM

God I hope we drown them out.

Mexican titan
10-07-20, 12:51 PM
6000 crowd cap. First dibs is all the Titans Members. How many tickets would be left over after that?

Heaps I would think. You can still buy them on Ticketek, up to 6 per transaction.

FalconSloth
10-07-20, 01:51 PM
2 hours until the final 17 are confirmed. Any reshuffles anyone thinks will/should happen?

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 02:03 PM
Tipped the Warriors. I don't think we'll win many more games this season...and I don't think this will be one of them.

BundyTitan
10-07-20, 03:46 PM
That centre pairing is my major concern, I think our forwards have the edge but I can see Fusitu'a and Maumalo having a field day on either side if our edges aren't on their game

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 03:46 PM
Tipped the Warriors. I don't think we'll win many more games this season...and I don't think this will be one of them.

Only due to the amount of injuries or for other reasons?

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 03:55 PM
Only due to the amount of injuries or for other reasons?

Yep, just injuries. There's no continuity in this team from week to week - chops and changes every single week, especially our backs. At least the Warriors have all their backs in one piece - almost all of ours are out injured because someone in the back doesn't know how to keep our guys fit.

FalconSloth
10-07-20, 04:06 PM
No reshuffle. Titans are 1-17

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 04:54 PM
Been nearly 15 months since we won at home.
Disgraceful stuff.
Let’s see these blokes represent us with pride tonight and give 80mins of beautiful city love.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:03 PM
ROFLLLLLLLLL

Whats Doing
10-07-20, 05:04 PM
2nd rowers at centre. It is going to be a long night

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:06 PM
Guess we know which side is going to get a lot of traffic tonight.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:09 PM
See why I tipped the Warriors now?

JunctionBlock
Guess not through the middle next?

Mr Bods
Not NRL standard

Dooldog76
Why am I here for this?!

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:10 PM
Only difference to last week is Tyrone Roberts isn't there to be the scapegoat.

Whats Doing
10-07-20, 05:10 PM
Guess we know which side is going to get a lot of traffic tonight.

We have Cartwright on the other side so we are stuffed

GCTTSD
10-07-20, 05:11 PM
Our body language is terrible standing there in goal barely anyone talking. This is where we need leaders to stand up , we are spineless this is gonna be ugly

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:12 PM
Only difference to last week is Tyrone Roberts isn't there to be the scapegoat.

Still got Wallace to come on.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:16 PM
fair dinkum the dumbest team in the competition.

Hail Sezer
10-07-20, 05:17 PM
fair dinkum the dumbest team in the competition.

was just about to post this myself

Whats Doing
10-07-20, 05:17 PM
We have been going 16 minutes and still have not completed 1 set. Diabolical

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:19 PM
I’m going to have a stab. We kick high to Don on the last.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:21 PM
I’m going to have a stab. We kick high to Don on the last.

you know it's coming

- - - Updated - - -

just **** the scrum off like they've done in Super League then.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:21 PM
Not even close. For those that have constantly asked what about Spry? Why doesn’t he get a shot? Now we know why. Poor bastard.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:24 PM
Better check it...can't have that.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:24 PM
Hiku attacking with the feet? Penalty?

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:26 PM
Apparently not.

JunctionBlock
When you get booed at your home ground.

TitansState
Jheeze Hiku kicked that. Guess only when Hurrell does that its a penalty.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:27 PM
Maybe Don needs some of those Fifita $$$$$$$

Boonarga
10-07-20, 05:27 PM
Regardless of completions and other problems, I'm really liking the penetration of our forwards. They are bending the line like we have rarely seen.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:28 PM
Well done Spry.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:34 PM
Regardless of completions and other problems, I'm really liking the penetration of our forwards. They are bending the line like we have rarely seen.

If only we could do it five times in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I’ve got a man crush on Fermor. He could be special for this club

- - - Updated - - -

Peachey on for Jolliffe??!?!!?

Now I’m truly confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Bods is Jesus weeping?

Bayside Titan
10-07-20, 05:35 PM
We keep making silly errors. We can’t keep doing that or we will get smashed.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 05:38 PM
Lisone comes on and gives a way a set restart...ffs

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Cartwright you ****ing dead****

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:40 PM
I’ve seen grenades thrown with less velocity. So glad we keep Cartwright around. He’s a special guy.

TitansState
10-07-20, 05:40 PM
Disagree with that call, we got lucky. Cartwright ffs.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:44 PM
Lisone confused who he plays for

mdrew
10-07-20, 05:44 PM
I am absolutely shatterered at the moment

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:49 PM
Honestly the score should 6-30. Warriors are just trying to make magic happen every set. Hope they don’t change anything for the second half or it’ll be a repeat of last week.

GCTTSD
10-07-20, 05:50 PM
We are just a dumb football team, lucky the warriors are playing poor to

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 05:52 PM
We might be in it on the scoreboard but I feel like I’m watching a QLD Cup team.

Whats Doing
10-07-20, 05:53 PM
Completion rate 47 per cent and we are getting hammered in the 6 again. The ref is a joke and only reffing one side

NZTITAN
10-07-20, 05:54 PM
Huge huge victory that we are only down by 6. Joliffe and Fermor are looking good out there.

Serious question, has Bryce Cartwright ever broken a tackle in a Titans jersey? just curious.

jacksonm
10-07-20, 05:55 PM
I’m convinced we give more restarts than any other team, usually on tackle 3 or 4. Also we have the worst captain challenges, why a player on his back with 2 tacklers on top of him is certain he didn’t go into touch is just beyond me, Arrow needs to be a stronger captain and judge it for himself. I will continue my rant, this is two weeks in a row where Holbrook picks players out of position, still thinks he is the UK, can’t get away with it here.

Croc
10-07-20, 05:55 PM
Yeh ref may aswell a warriors jersey on! We need to take them all out for lunch or something! Try get em on our side.. but we are also our own worse enemy! Scary to think what the storm next will put on us if we play like this

Whats Doing
10-07-20, 05:56 PM
Huge huge victory that we are only down by 6. Joliffe and Fermor are looking good out there.

Serious question, has Bryce Cartwright ever broken a tackle in a Titans jersey? just curious.

I wish he would break a leg in a Titans jersey. The bloke is a fake

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 05:56 PM
Disagree with that call, we got lucky. Cartwright ffs.

Wrong Call but wasn’t grounded anyway.

jacksonm
10-07-20, 05:57 PM
I hope you include the coach in the dumb club....selections wise he is poor

NZTITAN
10-07-20, 06:00 PM

Yes, as we know he has such an abundance of talent to choose from not to mention a completely healthy roster at that! :rolleyes:

FalconSloth
10-07-20, 06:00 PM
I don’t think we have played that badly. Apart from the shocking start our defence has been good and our attack has been looking dangerous as well.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 06:01 PM
Who else could he have selected as our centre/wing pairings then? Like, who else do we have?

Hail Sezer
10-07-20, 06:02 PM

I include you in the dumb club after this comment

willhelm
10-07-20, 06:02 PM
In spite of the overwhelming negatives, I want to comment on how good Fermor is looking. Hit and stick on Murchie allowed Stone to get in underneath to hold him up and prevent the try. Keeps putting his hand up for tough runs out of our end. Looks to have a lot of potential. More than Cartwright and Hipgrave in any case.

Boonarga
10-07-20, 06:04 PM

Cartwright has never broken a tackle in any jersey. That's not his go.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 06:10 PM
yes keep kicking it to the bloke who doesn't look like dropping it.

- - - Updated - - -

you're a ****ing idiot Blocker

- - - Updated - - -

Hipgrave has been everywhere tonight...I can't fault him. Can't believe I'm saying that.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 06:20 PM
In spite of the overwhelming negatives, I want to comment on how good Fermor is looking. Hit and stick on Murchie allowed Stone to get in underneath to hold him up and prevent the try. Keeps putting his hand up for tough runs out of our end. Looks to have a lot of potential. More than Cartwright and Hipgrave in any case.

He’s my man crush, get your own.

- - - Updated - - -

I include you in the dumb club after this comment

I remember when you used to get mad at me.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 06:34 PM
he barely ****ing touched him

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 06:34 PM
I’m sick of coming here and losing
Can we please find a way

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 06:35 PM
Anyone’s game. Who wants the win. Crazy.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 06:37 PM
stop kicking it to Fus FFS

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 06:37 PM
Add Hipgrave to next weeks unavailable list. What a soldier.

Toads
10-07-20, 06:38 PM
Bizarre to have the ambient crowd sound booing the home team. I guess the sound techie isn't a Titans fan.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 06:43 PM
What is blocker looking at when he keeps,giving Peachey a wrap that he’s dangerous with ball in hand?

Boonarga
10-07-20, 06:44 PM
2 points behind.
Penalty in kicking distance.
Horrid completion rate.
Don't take the kick? Sheesh

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 06:46 PM
I’d turn for him.

ozynorts
10-07-20, 06:46 PM
Yeeesssss boys

NZTITAN
10-07-20, 06:47 PM
If we win this, this'll be one of the most.. gutsiest? efforts from a Titans side in recent memory.

ozynorts
10-07-20, 06:50 PM
Fogarty standing tall

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 06:52 PM
I wonder if Wallace realises I cheer as hard as he does after that 40/20 that he’s not on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously. Is there a worse player than Cartwright?

ozynorts
10-07-20, 06:53 PM
See why I tipped the Warriors now?

Nope, I tipped the Titans.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 06:54 PM
I ****ing love Mo

JunctionBlock
How? Don’t care. Will take it any way it comes. Congrats to that team.

gotitans101_
Nope, I tipped the Titans.

could have gone either way

ozynorts
10-07-20, 06:55 PM
I ****ing love Mo

Yep he has been huge this year.

mdrew
10-07-20, 06:55 PM
Take a bow Keegan Hipgrave.

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 06:56 PM
We frigging won a game!!

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 06:56 PM
We frigging won a game!!

2 out of 3 for baby bods

ozynorts
10-07-20, 06:57 PM
Take a bow Keegan Hipgrave.

I have been a big critic of him in the past but the last few weeks he has really reigned in the lunatic and is playing well. Impressive effort tonight.

gotitans101_
10-07-20, 06:58 PM
yep as I said earlier, couldn't fault Hipgrave tonight, and I'm probably his biggest critic on here. If he can keep that form going then he'd be great for us.

indoallstars
10-07-20, 07:00 PM
Omgggg how good, what a Friday!

I like how the team looked when Fogarty was in complete control.

My mojopoints def going to Hipgrave, Peachey and Fogarty (maybe Wallace if I'm feeling nice)!

mdrew
10-07-20, 07:02 PM
Great to see Tremain Spry win on debut and Beau Fermor with his first NRL try.

I was shattered after our first half but great work Justin Holbrook and the team.

Thankyou Titans for making my weekend.

jacksonm
10-07-20, 07:05 PM
So moves Thompson to wing for Roberts last week, and then Cartwright I the centres I don’t see as smart moves

willhelm
10-07-20, 07:06 PM
So moves Thompson to wing for Roberts last week, and then Cartwright I the centres I don’t see as smart moves

I think the horse has bolted on the selection criticism this week mate haha

mdrew
10-07-20, 07:08 PM
I will give Sam Stone a wrap too, very solid effort.

jacksonm
10-07-20, 07:08 PM
Must learn or decent teams will flog us...don’t let a win masquerade weaknesses

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 07:11 PM
Omgggg how good, what a Friday!

I like how the team looked when Fogarty was in complete control.

My mojopoints def going to Hipgrave, Peachey and Fogarty (maybe Wallace if I'm feeling nice)!

What have I missed with Peachey. Must have been when I was cooking dinner? All I saw was him skipping sideways and falling over a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Must learn or decent teams will flog us...don’t let a win masquerade weaknesses

We’ve lost games when we were strong. I’ll take the win when we were looking weak.

indoallstars
10-07-20, 07:15 PM
What have I missed with Peachey. Must have been when I was cooking dinner? All I saw was him skipping sideways and falling over a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

We’ve lost games when we were strong. I’ll take the win when we were looking weak.

He knocked back the ball for the Sam Stone try, he got us out of our red zone on numerous occasions, and I think he straightened us out when we where going sideways in the last 20 and getting quick play the ball

jacksonm
10-07-20, 07:16 PM
Yep happy we won, just what us to be a better and we need to be hard markers like the top clubs

TitanPremiership
10-07-20, 07:18 PM
I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't completely sold on Fogarty thus far, however the way he finished the game with Ash off was very impressive. Huge wraps to Hipgrave as well. Would've been a massive game even without carrying an injury. Overall room for improvement in attack but that happens when you got second rowers as centres. Defence was solid for the most part no complaints there. Massive win and absolutely stoked given the first half.

Gary E
10-07-20, 07:20 PM
I thought Peachy went alright, was steady and played sensible when others were trying silly offloads etc..

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 07:20 PM
He knocked back the ball for the Sam Stone try, he got us out of our red zone on numerous occasions, and I think he straightened us out when we where going sideways in the last 20 and getting quick play the ball

Good points. Fermor is getting some of mine. Starting to wonder why we need a million dollar 2nd rower.

mdrew
10-07-20, 07:22 PM
To the Titans supporters who were at the game with me, magnificent effort one and all.

JunctionBlock
10-07-20, 07:22 PM
I thought Peachy went alright, was steady and played sensible when others were trying silly offloads etc..

Reading between the lines, yes, Cartwright was terrible.

indoallstars
10-07-20, 07:23 PM
Good points. Fermor is getting some of mine. Starting to wonder why we need a million dollar 2nd rower.

100% agree we could def use that money elsewhere, it's great to see a win even though it was scrappy

Bayside Titan
10-07-20, 07:47 PM
To the Titans supporters who were at the game with me, magnificent effort one and all.

If you were near the Titan
Players box you would have hear me and my boys screening :)

shamus
10-07-20, 07:53 PM
If you were near the Titan
Players box you would have hear me and my boys screening :)

Mate...it was hard work with the vocals as once again we were outnumbered. Someone mentioned us getting booed (Toads maybe) and thought it was the sound guy. It wasn’t... It was a very vocal Warriors crowd

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 08:11 PM
2 out of 3 for baby bods

Well spotted and thanks JB
Good effort everyone at the game
The Titans Chant late in the game was way louder than anything the NZ crowd did
FFS Warrior fans you live here, support us.
We want you with us.

Dooldog76
10-07-20, 08:24 PM
I think the real difference has been a solid fullback. Thompson was an absolute handful tonight and he is starting to gel nicely with both Taylor and fogarty. Hipgrave was very solid and fished ou tg some stinging shots. Taylor looked good tonight and had a dig in defence. Mofo should be our priority signing, he is an absolute beast. Unpopular opinion, but I didn't think Cartwright was that bad and towards the end of the game he looked solid. I think if carty and peachey just
focus on percentage footy we will really compete with other teams. Very surreal with the stadium being so quiet. All in all very happy with the win and the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

We also need to get better at the captain's challenge too. Would have been handy with the Don "knock on".

gcboyz
10-07-20, 08:28 PM
Great to get the win. Perhaps fortunate to go to half time just six points down. Gritty second half and there is something to like about the coach, there is a toughness in this squad not seen for many years.

From the kick off i was screaming at the television. Fox Executives who thought it was a good idea to hire a bunch of retired footballers as commentators need to hang their head in shame.
There is un-conscience bias, conscience bias and plain biased dribble. Corey Parker is just a hater, Blocker Roach can probably lift a refrigerator , but I doubt he can spell it, plus anyone else who disputed the refs call on the no try decision , he bounced the ball anyway.

Last week we had to put up with the monotone dribbling of Justin Hodges and Braith. Enough to give me heartburn for days

Dooldog76
10-07-20, 08:32 PM
I can't stand anasta calling our games.

ozynorts
10-07-20, 08:33 PM
I can't stand anasta calling our games.

Any games, he is woeful.

willhelm
10-07-20, 09:15 PM
I think the real difference has been a solid fullback. Thompson was an absolute handful tonight and he is starting to gel nicely with both Taylor and fogarty. Hipgrave was very solid and fished ou tg some stinging shots. Taylor looked good tonight and had a dig in defence. Mofo should be our priority signing, he is an absolute beast. Unpopular opinion, but I didn't think Cartwright was that bad and towards the end of the game he looked solid. I think if carty and peachey just
focus on percentage footy we will really compete with other teams. Very surreal with the stadium being so quiet. All in all very happy with the win and the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

We also need to get better at the captain's challenge too. Would have been handy with the Don "knock on".

Even Shane Watson used the review system better than our mob

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 09:15 PM
Liked what happened at Fulltime
Our players in a timely manner thanked the whole crowd rather than socialising with the Warriors players

If only we had a song to sing too....

elltee
10-07-20, 09:30 PM
Great to get the win with a beat up team. Love Hipgrave and the effort to stay on and continue to work....
I think that will do me with Taylor. If you are taking a million from a team and the game is in the balance you need to get yourself up and show you want the win. He is always taking the easy out and cant even kick conversions.

Re-engage19
10-07-20, 09:33 PM
Anasta and co on the post game show tearing into Ash. Claiming he faked the head knock. While he didn't have a great game I thought he was good. These idiots questioning how Holbrook can pick him next week. Did I miss something with his game tonight?

Dooldog76
10-07-20, 09:43 PM
Anasta and co on the post game show tearing into Ash. Claiming he faked the head knock. While he didn't have a great game I thought he was good. These idiots questioning how Holbrook can pick him next week. Did I miss something with his game tonight?

No. I thought Taylor was solid.

Mr Bods
10-07-20, 09:47 PM

For real??? They claimed he faked it?

Bayside Titan
10-07-20, 10:37 PM
Loved Holbrook doing the lap as well and acknowledging the crowd.

From where I sat Taylor looked pretty uneasy on his feet and looked like he was struggling with the head knock. I also thought Taylor was ok. Did some good things. I can see he is slowly getting there.

Re-engage19
10-07-20, 11:07 PM
From what I can recall, Anasta basically claimed the knock wasn't that bad and he could have played on if he wanted to. Both he and Alexander then just tore into him about not looking like he wants to be there. It was way over the top, someone from the club should be having a word with them.

Titslover
10-07-20, 11:08 PM
Yeah Anasta basically said he was faking it and looked like he had no desire to be on the field, he failed his HIA you moron. Deadset slander of his character to suggest he’d fake an injury. The club should lodge a complaint against fox sports, last thing a guy witb mental issues needs

Re-engage19
10-07-20, 11:42 PM
Yeah Anasta basically said he was faking it and looked like he had no desire to be on the field, he failed his HIA you moron. Deadset slander of his character to suggest he’d fake an injury. The club should lodge a complaint against fox sports, last thing a guy witb mental issues needs

Yep, glad you saw it the same. I've msg the club but hopefully they are onto it.
Jess Yates, Alexander and Anasta need to explain themselves. Cronk was strangely silent in the whole thing, didn't say boo. Not sure what to make of that.

DIEHARD
11-07-20, 12:57 AM
Wow. I am so proud of the team. They didn't collapse after that early onslaught. When the winning try came I didn't think it was a try until the replay. I really like Fogarty. He has pluck. He gets angry. He is nuggetty. He is take charge. Lots of good performers out there tonight. I had to catch a replay and dodge scores. But happy I did. These are the games we must win.

DIEHARD
11-07-20, 01:04 AM
Can't believe Anasta would stoop so low to make such accusation against Ash. It's really impossible to tell how a player feels. I got to take a look at this now...

I also agree with the sentiments in the woeful commentary. Rugby League can do much better.

DIEHARD
11-07-20, 01:13 AM
Titans vs NZ Warriors highlights
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ynEykWwIzj8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

elltee
11-07-20, 06:13 AM
Can't believe Anasta would stoop so low to make such accusation against Ash. It's really impossible to tell how a player feels. I got to take a look at this now...

I also agree with the sentiments in the woeful commentary. Rugby League can do much better.

Holbrook looked pretty unimpressed with Ash and said he was fine post match. Have a look or maybe I’m reading it wrong. I hate Anasta and Brandy but unfortunately agree with the sentiment. Yeah you got smacked, you could see in the footage he wasn't knocked out. Do you think Thurston would of left the field. That kind of money you don't get to go off.

I think it’s more than coincidence he leaves the field and Fogarty comes into his own aswell.

Gary E
11-07-20, 06:32 AM
I'm with you on that one. I'd really like to see him play another game without Ash, maybe it was through desperation, or that he could see the game was for the taking? But yeah he really stepped up.

Mr Bods
11-07-20, 06:43 AM
I’ve been a huge ATay critic in the past and I’m staying out of it this time because I’m seeing signs of him being a good player finally so will let it slip this one time.

Hail Sezer
11-07-20, 07:14 AM
How good is it seeing guys stepping up and playing with desire to win? Fogarty, Thompson, Hipgrave, Fermor, MO are all showing the kind of effort that makes a football team competitive and it’s easy to get behind (don’t get excited because I mentioned Fermor in the same sentence JB).

To win with that duct tape of a backline is huge for morale and a huge credit to Holbrook.

The Warriors were probably unlucky with a few calls but we cop that enough to finally be on the other end of it. Also that Jamal Fogarty 40/20 will be something that I force my future kids to watch every night before bed. Now clap. What a toe.

kioli
11-07-20, 07:31 AM
What a gritty comeback, I swear watching this club isn't good for my heart. Loved watching Fogarty stand tall when it mattered most, Hipgrave giving it everything despite the obvious pain, Spry overcoming the horror debut touch, etc. So many things to love about this team.

Had to watch on tv but was also really unimpressed with Blocker during commentary being so blasé about Ash and saying he needs to stay out there. He failed the HIA ffs. Didn't watch the post show with Anasta but doesn't surprise me that germ would say that either. Fox won't care about our complaints but hopefully the club can get the NRL involved.

Dooldog76
11-07-20, 07:43 AM
Anasta is the anal cyst of rugby league commentary. He just jumps on the bandwagon and hides up in the studio. He has no consideration of the players at all, and Fox needs to look at the quality of their team. And don't even get me started on the fact that he can't use grammar properly and hasn't worked out the difference between past and present tense.

TITAN PETE
11-07-20, 07:44 AM
How good is it seeing guys stepping up and playing with desire to win? Fogarty, Thompson, Hipgrave, Fermor, MO are all showing the kind of effort that makes a football team competitive and it’s easy to get behind (don’t get excited because I mentioned Fermor in the same sentence JB).

To win with that duct tape of a backline is huge for morale and a huge credit to Holbrook.

The Warriors were probably unlucky with a few calls but we cop that enough to finally be on the other end of it. Also that Jamal Fogarty 40/20 will be something that I force my future kids to watch every night before bed. Now clap. What a toe.

Agree with you mate but the diamond in the rough since the resumption for me is Big JJ , he puts in 100% every minute he’s on the park & when he made that mistake inside their 10 he got angry & made amends for his error

Haven’t read a lot of comments but I think Stones inclusion went a long way to winning that game he’s a great replacement for Proctor

Mo had a bad start but finished the game in beast mode , watch his face when he chased that ball in the last play of the night..

Tonight Fogarty showed what he’s capable of , he is a winner

On Anasta I can’t believe people care what he says he’s about as important as the other oxygen thief in Parker, hit the
Mute button seriously :fist:

JunctionBlock
11-07-20, 08:22 AM
I think you are the first person to mention Stone. I agree he is a replacement for Proctor but I’d say that leaves us with another mediocre 2nd rower.

I’ve enjoyed watching Fogarty since he got here. His passing game is crisp, he doesn’t panic and he has a good kicking game.

Looks like there are a few man crushes coming out tonight. Big JJ.

Going to be a good weekend. Happy days.

Hail Sezer
11-07-20, 09:06 AM
Yeah you’re right about JJ Pete - he’s been phenomenal.

I’m not Peacheys biggest fan but he did a good job last night too. 56 minutes, 155 metres and 30 tackles. Plus that play which occupies his entire Titans highlights reel.

Titslover
11-07-20, 09:41 AM
I know most of us already realise this but just going to leave this here

People need to realise that Holbrook has moved Ash to 6 so that Fogarty can control the game and guide the team around, and Ash can just come up with the attacking plays on the back of it. He’s been involved in 55% of our tries ( the most of any player in the comp), was great against the Broncos and had 3 linebreak assists in 5 minutes against the Sharks last week. Sure a player on his contract should be doing more, but to suggest he’s been bad and should be dropped is just stupid

Mr Bods
11-07-20, 09:45 AM
All of Peachey’s best performances are when he plays in a middle of the field role, generally lock.
With Arrow leaving all we need now to replace him is an honest toiler like Whitbread/Joliffe to wear the #13 at kick off and do a gritty 30mins of work to set up bringing Peachey on for the last 50mins of the match or until we have a good lead (god willing) and then bring the starting #13 on to close out the game.

Never ever play Peachey at Centre/2nd row again unless we are forced to due to an injury DURING the game.

Titslover
11-07-20, 09:53 AM
Great point bods. if we have Mo, Tino, Lisone, Joliffe, Wallace, James etc to do the hard runs through the middle, Peachey could be a real difference maker for us providing that ball playing and speed around the ruck

elltee
11-07-20, 09:55 AM

People need to realise that Holbrook has moved Ash to 6 so that Fogarty can control the game and guide the team around, and Ash can just come up with the attacking plays on the back of it. He’s been involved in 55% of our tries ( the most of any player in the comp), was great against the Broncos and had 3 linebreak assists in 5 minutes against the Sharks last week. Sure a player on his contract should be doing more, but to suggest he’s been bad and should be dropped is just stupid

I think the argument is more in line of moving Taylor to 6 had that intention. However it was evident once removed from the field Fogarty was slowed to manage the team. I wouldn’t be surprised if Taylor is still wrestling for control with Fogarty when on the field together. It sure would explain the confusion with end of set options.

Titslover
11-07-20, 10:07 AM
Yeah I think Holbrook does need to reiterate to them that Fogarty should be in control most of the time and just allow Ash to play his natural game. If they can get that right then I think they can be a good combo- the best one we have on our roster at least

Dooldog76
11-07-20, 10:09 AM

100% agree with this. I think the players are settling into their roles well and Taylor's role is to interject himself when needed. Fogarty is to guide the team. Pure and simple, the players are getting to know their roles. All the comments on how we played better with Taylor off are incorrect imo. Taylor is starting to look good. 6 try assists and 5 linebreak assists are just the start and I think he will start to really kick on this season. The problem is the expectation that he has to perform better than anyone else because of the money. To a degree that is correct, but he is also playing his team role, not our expectation's role. What we are starting to see under Holbrook is a team mentality, not individuals all competing. I think we are slowly improving, just lacking consistency.

Mr Bods
11-07-20, 10:31 AM
Jamal should be our goalkicker. Anyone disagree??

Titanic
11-07-20, 10:54 AM
Big JJ reminds me of Luke Douglas and I just hope he doesn’t get homesick because he is the glue with MoFo that holds our pack together. Don’t have a lot to say about Stone other than I think consistency is his issue but we need that sort of body shape on our edges (looking at you Farmer wherever you are) and keeping KP honest is value. Cartwright and Arrow are guilty of trying too hard and like Fermor. Completely agree that Peachey off the bench into lock is his best option. Hooker is troublesome but feel Boyd needs a lot of work. Speaking of which congratulations to Spry on his reasonable debut and his A (for Artie) Grade frame ... he needs Jenny Craig right now.

Can’t say enough about our savior Thompson ... a players player just like Hipgrave who will keep getting better and the Don who refuses to lie down. Also want to mention Wallace whose effort can’t be questioned but is really a worry.

Mr Bods
11-07-20, 11:09 AM
We are currently paying $7 to win

GCTTSD
11-07-20, 11:29 AM
I love how Boyd darts out of dummy half and brings our forwards onto the ball. Yea his service isnt always the best and he makes the odd mistake everynow and again but you can see the effort he puts in and he never stops trying, he really straightens our attack. He's is pretty tough defensively for a little bloke playing in the middle, not sure if he's a hooker or half long term would like to see how he would go at 6 alongside Fogarty

Upthetits
11-07-20, 12:12 PM
I love how Boyd darts out of dummy half and brings our forwards onto the ball. Yea his service isnt always the best and he makes the odd mistake everynow and again but you can see the effort he puts in and he never stops trying, he really straightens our attack. He's is pretty tough defensively for a little bloke playing in the middle, not sure if he's a hooker or half long term would like to see how he would go at 6 alongside Fogarty

Agreed

Bayside Titan
11-07-20, 02:00 PM
Titans overcome nightmare start to beat Warriors

Author
Joel Gould
NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Fri 10 Jul 2020, 07:55 PM
Joel Gould
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Reddit
Share via Email
The Titans ended a 10-game losing streak at Cbus Super Stadium by stunning the Warriors 16-12 courtesy of a late try to rookie Beau Fermor.

The Gold Coast had trailed 12-0 early and looked set for a heavy defeat with diabolical handling costing them dearly in the first half.

On the back of defensive resilience and a brave performance by second-rower Keegan Hipgrave, who played the majority of the match with an injured shoulder, they fought back.

Fermor, who played in the unfamiliar position of centre, scored the match-winner in the 74th minute after chasing a Jamal Fogarty grubber.
Match: Titans v Warriors
ROUND 9 - FRIDAY 10TH JULY
F
ULL
T
IME
Titans
Home Team
Titans
Scored 16 points
Warriors
Away Team
Warriors
Scored 12 points
Venue: Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Earlier, interim Warriors coach Todd Payten revealed that Ken Maumalo, David Fusitu'a and Agnatius Paasi were set to return to New Zealand after the clash with Cronulla next week.

They have not been able to get their respective families across the Tasman due to COVID-19 travel restrictions after the squad had relocated to Australia in May.

Payten said the trio had the club's blessing to head home on compassionate grounds.

"I think the lads [as a group] have got their head around the fact they aren't going home," Payten said in his pre-match interview with Fox League.

"With everything going on in Victoria it just looks more and more certain that we’re staying.

"There's a few guys who have expressed that they need to go home for family reasons which is understandable and we’ve given them a promise that can happen after the Cronulla game."

Freakish play from Peachey gets the Titans their second Freakish play from Peachey gets the Titans their second
Freakish play from Peachey gets the Titans their second
The Warriors started the match, wearing a "bush shirt" jersey emblazoned with gold and black squares in tribute to the city of Wellington, like men possessed.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was on fire and showcased his speed, both between the ears and across the park.

He initially won a captain's challenge for a Titans knock-on from one of his own offloads. From the ensuing scrum, the Warriors skipper stood up Fermor to score his 50th NRL try.

It was the razzle-dazzle Warriors on show moments later as a right to left sweeping play for Peta Hiku to throw a pearler for Ken Maumalo to score in the corner.

Chanel Harris-Tavita landed his second touchline conversion to lead by 12.

A bell ringer of a tackle by Hipgrave on Harris-Tavita jolted the ball free and got the Titans back into the game.

That hit inspired his teammates and soon after Anthony Don stepped inside several Warriors to finish a slick backline move.

Hipgrave injured his shoulder soon afterward but battled on bravely to play for most of the match under duress.

Tuivasa-Sheck straight back into the thick of it Tuivasa-Sheck straight back into the thick of it
Tuivasa-Sheck straight back into the thick of it
Jack Hetherington, on loan from the Panthers, was denied a try when the Bunker ruled he had pushed Fogarty before scoring after a loose Bryce Cartwright pass bobbled into the in-goal area.

The Titans completed four of their first 11 sets in an error-riddled display but defended with grit, missing just six tackles in an opening half where they made 196.

The Gold Coast needed a touch of genius in the second half and Tyrone Peachey provided it.

Chasing through an Ash Taylor grubber, Peachey collected the ball at pace and flicked it back just before he went over the dead-ball line. Sam Stone was on hand to score and narrow the Warriors lead to just two.

In the 63rd minute, a crunching hit by Warriors centre Patrick Herbert rocked Taylor, who hit his head on the turf and left the field for an HIA.

With Hipgrave following him off soon afterward the Titans needed something special and Fermor provided it with real class in front of a crowd of 5206.

The Titans had lost their last 10 games at Robina with their previous success being a 38-14 win over Newcastle in round six of last year.

It was a fitting way for the home side to finish a day where earlier the life of Titans founding father Tom Searle had been celebrated at a funeral attended by more than 400 people, including a who's who of rugby league.

The guts of the Titans was appreciated by coach Justin Holbrook who has instilled a resilience in his squad.

"It was just a great, determined win. We were extremely poor with the footy in the first half but we defended well," Holbrook said.

"To come away with a win tonight, I am just really happy. The determination for Peach to keep that ball alive for a try and for Beau to chase that kick so hard and be the first to get there was how we won the game tonight.

“We are a patched-up side at the moment with back-rowers playing centres but I am really happy with how we got on with it.

“We haven’t won here in a while so I am very happy for our members and fans who turned up.

https://twitter.com/joelgould6/status/1281593270137581569?s=21

Just-a-Fan
12-07-20, 08:28 AM
I am not a Cartwright fan but him as a centre he has played his best games for us
round 8 he got 155m and 10 tackles and no misses
round 9 he ran for a 114 m and made 16 takles with only 1 miss
so I am happy for him to play there again until Young gets back
After reading about his knees bone on bone sounds to me maybe we have 2 medical retirements
I think Taylor get a head knock was a blessing in the making for Fogarty to take full control
My wish would be Taylor is to miss the next game for safety concerns over the head knock
put Boyd at 5/8 and let fogarty play his game
Fermore looking good in my books missing a few tackle but only his 2nd game
Watched Tino as a edge player nope needs to be in the middle for me and only a 50 min player at the moment

Mr Bods
12-07-20, 09:26 AM
Let’s see the Storm use this season to develop Tino into an edge player ready made for us.

Having said that if we have a 2nd row rotation of Fermor, Hipgrave, Cartwright, (maybe Proctor/Fifita ) with Farmer and Stone as depth players then maybe Tino would better suit us being a part of the front row/lock rotation with Mo/James/Lisone/Peachey with Joliffe/Wallace etc adding the depth.

Theoretically with continued good coaching and culture development it doesn’t look too bad.

elltee
12-07-20, 04:42 PM
Gee I hope Taylor is taking some notes off ponga today..... he is getting flogged and still getting up every time.

Hail Sezer
12-07-20, 04:50 PM
Gee I hope Taylor is taking some notes off ponga today..... he is getting flogged and still getting up every time.

I hope you’re not referring to Taylor leaving the field on the weekend?

BundyTitan
12-07-20, 05:29 PM

Nah sorry that's stupid, Ash literally was forced to come off for a HIA. It's the rules that he must come off, not just because he's "soft". Plus not a good comparison as Ponga was dog**** today.

elltee
12-07-20, 05:54 PM
Nah sorry that's stupid, Ash literally was forced to come off for a HIA. It's the rules that he must come off, not just because he's "soft". Plus not a good comparison as Ponga was dog**** today.

Ponga was dog shotted. Stayed on for another 5 mins. Then went for HIA. Came back on got two more dog shots and stayed on. All three way heavier contact then that shot on Taylor. Ash got up and walked straight off. Soft as pudding.

The point I am making is Ponga is a winner. Taylor is not even a competitor which is a worry when the game is on the line.

jesto
12-07-20, 06:06 PM
Ponga was dog shotted. Stayed on for another 5 mins. Then went for HIA. Came back on got two more dog shots and stayed on. All three way heavier contact then that shot on Taylor. Ash got up and walked straight off. Soft as pudding.

The point I am making is Ponga is a winner. Taylor is not even a competitor which is a worry when the game is on the line.

He failed his HIA you idiot. He was forced off the field and wasn't allowed back on

Hail Sezer
12-07-20, 06:31 PM

This is a terrible take

Dooldog76
12-07-20, 06:37 PM

I don't understand people still bagging Taylor. Yes he is on 1 million dollars and he has struggled with the expectation of that. Full stop. He is starting to play better and I think he will steadily improve. Attacking his personal qualities is not really called for.

elltee
12-07-20, 06:59 PM
Jesus, I’m questioning his ticker on the footy field. I’m not calling him a bad person... anyway moving on to next week.

DIEHARD
12-07-20, 07:35 PM
I don't think we can and should compare injuries, especially contact with the head.

JunctionBlock
12-07-20, 08:10 PM
Everyone one reacts different when hit in the head. Some people can take an absolute beating and the brain will some how keep you on your feet in survival mode. Others can take a moderate hit and can go black, foggy and see stars. Medically he wasn’t able to come back.
We have enough injuries to contend with without adding concussions to the list and miss two weeks rather than the end of a game.

Sami Erect
12-07-20, 08:19 PM
The point I am making is Ponga is a winner.

He literally lost today you muppet

Mr Bods
12-07-20, 08:26 PM
Golly what’s happened to the Forum tonight.

elltee
12-07-20, 09:47 PM
Everyone one reacts different when hit in the head. Some people can take an absolute beating and the brain will some how keep you on your feet in survival mode. Others can take a moderate hit and can go black, foggy and see stars. Medically he wasn’t able to come back.
We have enough injuries to contend with without adding concussions to the list and miss two weeks rather than the end of a game.

Yeah good chat, I stand corrected. Just want so much more out of him! anyway moving on to next week.

shamus
13-07-20, 05:41 AM
He failed his HIA you idiot. He was forced off the field and wasn't allowed back on

Jeez, can’t see you being around long.

Titanic
13-07-20, 03:09 PM
Lol lads made my day ... I can only think of Nate “inches not” Myles who would never have had an HIA with his melon.